• 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 8 years ago

ACDC is an incredible game and I owned a Premium for just over 2 years before I sold it last week. One of the reasons I sold it is that I was tired of waiting for Stern to update the game. It's now been over 2 years since the last ACDC code update...I remember several people posting that Lyman said it wouldn't be complete until 2.0. I emailed Lyman around the time that 1.65 came out in early 2013 and he said that there would be more added to ACDC. I don't blame him for the code not being complete. I'm sure Lyman wanted to add more to ACDC but Stern management didn't give him enough time which has had happened before.

For me I find the rules of ACDC to come across as shallow in their current state. Blasphemy right? lol. Everyone prefers different types of rulesets and this is just one I couldn't get into. Again, it's an incredible game that is fast, has kick ass music and some cool toys. However, the modes (the songs) all played the same to me, including the multiballs, and there are underused features. I understand that each song has a shot that represents it and that it's the shot to gain the most points during its mode. For me that got old after a while and even though there's deep scoring calculations occurring in the background I don't think about those while playing. The same goes for the games multiballs. For those it's keeping hitting the same two loops, or the two ramps or the drop targets over and over again. It gets repetitive. Like others have said the game could really use a mode where both the upper and lower playfield are activated at the same time. Maybe that could be the games mid wizard mode as Encore seems impossible to achieve and unlike other games wizards modes I never really had a desire to see it due to the games rules.

Then there's features that are underused.

1. The devil horn inserts
2. The cannon modes. Where are they?
3. The TNT detonator can only be activated during TNT...why lock features behind a single song?
4. The shot behind the bell is only used during Hell's Bells. Same complaint as above.
5. The mini playfield has a very basic set of rules. Why not have a hell loop champion high score and mix up the rules a bit down there? This is a big feature of the game yet it doesn't feel that important in terms of scoring. Also, it's use is locked to a few songs.

I hope that a final big update for ACDC is the the works. It's owners deserve it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-rules-wish-list?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.