• 27 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rob_G
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

After putting about 400 games on mine now, I have a couple of spots that to me would add nicely to this game. The game is a blast to play for sure but, there are a couple of spots that bug me.

The cannon modes. cannon fodder, cannon chaos, cannon volley. Getting these lit pretty much just gives you the points for the cannon shot, there is really nothing to make you care about which one it lit, this could be so much more. To me they should be made to give an award or start something new as it goes up a level. I'm thinking the first awards a bonus, the second a hurry up, and the third a cannon multiball that will start a multiball mode where every time you hit the cannon ramp and make the cannon shot (during the multiball) you get a jackpot.

The lower playfield. There needs to be a little more incentive for making the shots, IMO. It could be much more engaging if you were awarded an extra ball or VIP tickets for say making ten loops and three sets of target bank completions.

Otherwise a fantastic game and these two changes would fill in the two holes perfectly to me.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from chadderack:

At least 50% of the time, coming out of the pops the ball is SDTM

I do have this happen sometimes and its frustrating when it does but, I would say its more like 20% for me so, I can live with it. Besides that's going to be a much more difficult correction than tweaking the rules.

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from akm:

The only thing that needs to be fixed are the cannon modes. Currently they do nothing.

That was one of my main points, they feel unfinished to me.

I'm in no way saying this is a bad game, in fact just the opposite, I love it. It just has the couple of spots mentioned that too me feel like they need to be added to. I'm actually surprised I'm in the minority on this.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I know this is gonna sound like a funny place to start, but I was playing nimblepin's WOZ last night, and when you get a multiball going and you're playing both the main and upper castle playfield at the same time it's a lot of fun. Something that utilized the AC/DC lower playfield simultaneously with the main more would make it an even better addition to the Prem/LE.

Managing both playfields is one of my favorite things with TZ during powerball mania, getting the powerfield shot with the callout is always a pleasure, not to mention the bonus it gives you in LITZ. With ACDC, its hard enough keeping the balls in play during multiball so, I'm not sure how well that would work. I can see myself just saying F-the lower and focusing on the upper playfield. However, if it had a nice incentive like making a couple of loops and completing a target bank would add a ball, that would be handy enough to give it a shot, especially if you already spent you standard add a ball.

1 year later
#43 8 years ago
Quoted from akm:

Plus, even if it's not lit and it does its auto-fire thing, you can press the fire button to shoot it out before the game does it automatically. That messes with the angle a bit.

I did not know this. The auto fire to left drain has been a sore spot for me as well on H2H. That is something I will have to try. Till now I just try to avoid the right ramp during that song, unless the cannon is lit for a jackpot, then of course we have control over the cannon firing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-rules-wish-list?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.