• 282 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by ernoe
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ac-dc-pinball-rulesheet-1.65-eng.pdf (PDF preview)
ac-dc-regelwerk-v165-21-04-2013.pdf (PDF preview)
no-time.jpg
2012-03-19_18.35.50.jpg
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.
#1 12 years ago

ACDC is a really great pinball machine - it's got a very different ruleset than any other machine I've played, and I'm still struggling to understand how it all works. Can anyone help me fill out the many gaps in this (excuse for a) rulesheet:

Playfield, left to right:

Outlanes/inlanes - standard configuration, when fully open, large enough to drive a truck through sideways. Contain the F and I rollovers for "FIRE".

AC/DC target bank - 5 standup targets. Advances toward Album Multiball when completed. Extremely dangerous to shoot. Key shot for Back in Black

Left loop, with spinner - Advances towards Tour Multiball, key shot for Warmachine.

Thunderstruck target (1/3) - key shot for thunderstruck. Presumably used for one or more other purposes.

Left ramp - Advances towards Jam Multiball, key shot for Rock N Roll Train. Easily backhandable, not much harder forehand. This can be looped, looping both balls through it during jam multiball during rock n roll train adds points quickly. Returns to left inlane.

Thunderstruck target (2/3)

Hells Bell lane - Target at the end of a lane, with a springy thingy on the right side of the bottom. This will usually return the ball to the right flipper, bouncable to the left, but will sometimes return it as far to the right as the right inlane. Can be a dangerous return. Key shot for Hells Bells. Shoot three times to start 2x playfield scoring. Shoot additional times to start 3x playfield scoring or maybe extend 2x playfield scoring (not sure the details on this)

TNT targets - 3 standup targets. Dangerous to shoot, like most standup targets. Key shot for TNT.

AXE lanes - 3 lanes with standard lanechange just below tunes n stuff. Completing lanes raises bonus and adds a song request. Key shot for Whole Lot of Rosie.

Bumpers - 3 bumpers in the standard configuration under the AXE lanes. Returns via hells bell lane. Key shot for You Shook Me All Night Long. It advances some value, what I'm not entirely sure.

Tunes n stuff - Accessed via right loop, plunge, or very lucky bounce from AXE lanes and Bumpers. Allows you to change the song, when jukebox is ready.

Right Ramp - A lot like the left. Backhandable from a catch, but not on the fly. Key shot for Highway to Hell. Advances toward Jam multiball. Used to load the Cannon. Returns to right inlane.

Thunderstruck Target (3/3)

Right Loop - Strong shot feeds Tunes n Stuff, weak shot feeds AXE lanes Used to collect extra ball. Key shot for Hell Ain't a Bad Place to Be. Tight shot.

ROCK targets - 4 standup targets. Just as dangerous to shoot as the ones on the opposite side, and harder to hit. Key shot for Let There be Rock.

Cannon - Accessed via right ramp. Shoot it to start the multiballs, or when lit by spelling FIRE with the FIRE rollovers. It will swing out, and one of the lights on the TNT targets or the AC/DC targets will be lit, if you hit it, you receive a jackpot. Shooting the lower targets of AC/DC this way is incredibly dangerous, never do that. If you don't use it, it will shoot the ball back up the right ramp, from whence it will return via right inlane.

Right outlane - Area around the inlane/outlane blocked by cannon, this means you have no visibilty of that area for nudging the ball away from the outlane! Inlane/Outlane contain the RE of FIRE rollovers.

Modes: 12 songs, 12 modes. Choose the mode you want at the start of the game. After (some qualification is met) shooting Tunes & Stuff saucer will give you the option to change the song.

Sometimes changing the song shows a total score for the mode that was playing, and sometimes it doesn't. What determines this?

During a song, one shot will always score points. Hitting that will lite some of the 5 major shots for the same score you get from the key shot - those can be collected once before you need to hit the key shot to relight them. There is likely some other award for making the secondary shots, but I don't know how that works. Making the shots also builds a jackpot value - the jackpot starts at 1m, and increases by the amount you score for making the shot.

The score awarded by making the key shot is not always exactly the same, so there's probably some way to build this value. I don't know what it is.
For Rock N Roll Train, Highway to Hell, and Hell aint a bad place to be, this is around 370k, and this is also what you get in other modes if you've lit - assume the points from the other modes are related to this value.

The jackpot can be collected by (some cannon mode, and maybe other means).

Cannon modes:
Lit cannon mode changed by slingshots. After completing one, it doesn't stay lit, even if you make the jackpot. The jackpot is sometimes around 1m, other times, this collects the song jackpot. Jackpots are effected by playfield multiplier.

Cannon Fodder - Hit the lit target for (some amount of points).
Cannon Volley - Hit the lit target for (some amount of points).
Cannon Chaos - Hit the lit target for (some amount of points).

Super modes:
No idea how these work.
Super Loops
Super Lanes
Super Targets
Super Combos

Multiballs:

These are all started by the cannon, and they can be stacked.

Jam Multiball (2 ball):
Light by shooting the ramps a total of 7 times. Load the cannon (lit shot is on TNT bank) to start multiball. Jackpots seem to be scores on the 5 major shots, and seem pretty small.

Album Multiball (3 ball):
Light by shooting three target banks. Load the cannon (lit shot is on AC/DC bank) to start multiball. Not sure if this means each one once or three in any combination. During multiball, all the target banks are lit, and hitting them makes the light go out. I assume hitting those targets is the way to get points out of this multiball.

Tour Multiball (3 ball):
Light by shooting the loops a total of 8 times. Load the cannon to start multiball. Don't know anything more about this one.

There are devil horn inserts on the right loop and hells bells lane. What do they mean?

#2 12 years ago

Nobody here understands any of the rules that I don't?

:-/

#3 12 years ago

If mine ever turns up I will let you know!!

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

No you won't, you'll be too busy playing it until your hands hurt too much to use a keyboard

It's a spectacular machine, even by Steve Ritchie standards. Plays fast (as you'd expect), lots of lethal standup targets - a bit of a callback to the machines of old, really good flow if you're avoiding the standups like you should. And the rules are the first example of a rethinking of how the main modes should work since the 90's (I'm thinking of the move from "mode start shot" to AFM style).... I just wish I understood them better.

I wanna know how when I have a jackpot in the double-digit millions, why sometimes a successful cannon shot awards that jackpot, and other times just a ~1m garbage award.

#5 12 years ago

Weird thing happened while playing AC/DC yesterday - had started Jam multiball, hit the bell a few seconds after starting it, and bang - add-a-ball.

Later, got Tour multiball, and shooting the outer loop added a ball.

Later on in the night, I could not reproduce this behavior - and not for lack of trying either. Anyone know how the add-a-ball works? Does it only happen during multiplayer games or something?

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Same here ,,,,,, DrAzzy ,, Read Yr Manuel/Rulesheet , I plan on read-n mine after i get 50 or more play's on the pin..

#7 12 years ago

does this help at all?

I know while we were playing there was a ball added in a multiball, but we had no idea how it happened, and weren't playing particularly well anyway. Maybe we filmed the wrong game too, I can't watch this thing at work, I only have the link.

#8 12 years ago

A few instructions in the DMD would be nice, but then its a Stern....

#9 12 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

Weird thing happened while playing AC/DC yesterday - had started Jam multiball, hit the bell a few seconds after starting it, and bang - add-a-ball.
Later on in the night, I could not reproduce this behavior - and not for lack of trying either. Anyone know how the add-a-ball works? Does it only happen during multiplayer games or something?

I have the LE code, but assuming the same... during multiball, add-a-ball is triggered by completing the lit shots. You probably finished the bell last one time and the loop last the other.

-Craig

3 weeks later
#10 12 years ago

any update on the rule sheet for this Game?

Im totally confused about the jukebox .......(actually the whole game!)

Are those 12 Modes to complete or just 12 songs to make more points?? Ive been playing with the glass off and besides getting more point cant get anything done with the Juke box?
The way I see it ,its just giving me more points for lit songs.....

#11 12 years ago

Rules deeper then I thought. SUPER SKILL is hold the right flipper as ball comes out of Jukebox. On my Pro it rockets out and around the right orbit toward your flippers. Hit one of the 5 notes and combo it to increase jackpot.

Your goal is to change the ACDC song everytime you can. Play all songs in one game = encore mode. Very hard.

If the song is NOT changed, the bonus
is: (50K * # of songs lit) + an additional (200K) if all 11 songs have
been lit.

If the song IS changed, the bonus is (500K * # of songs
completed) + (50K * # of songs lit) + an additional 200K if all songs
that have not been completed have been lit.

#12 12 years ago

People need to walk up to a Ac/Dc and think System 11. Because that's how the ruleset is. Its strictly a points driven game. Anyone that says otherwise is just new to Pinball. There is lots going on but its all points driven.

Not only is the layout very close to T2 the rule set so far is as well. Not a bad thing but i think some are under the impression there are goals in the game outside of points.

#13 12 years ago

How is this good for new players? They will have no idea what you just said.

#14 12 years ago

Sorry I guess your right. People seem to think ac/dc has this profound rule-set or it will. It wont. Its very much a throw back to the late 80's games. Does that make a little better sense. Thats how it was designed to be. The goal was not to have some super rule-set but rather a fun fast rule-set.

The jukebox just changes the score structure based on song/area of the pf it enhances.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

The goal was not to have some super rule-set but rather a fun fast rule-set.
The jukebox just changes the score structure based on song/area of the pf it enhances

Much more my style : )

#16 12 years ago

Played AC/DC for the first time over the weekend and enjoyed it, I wish Steve would have designed an original playfield layout rather than revamping the t2 layout but hey, i had a good time playing it.

#17 12 years ago

Its just LOOOLLLLLLL how people including myself are asking about the rules for this game. If the game was designed right then no one would have to ask these questions...

#18 12 years ago

Great RGR is here. Here we go.

#19 12 years ago

lol av8... Mate I would love for you to explain the questions that I have asked..

#20 12 years ago

People with higher intelligence tend to get bored with easy games that hold your hand (like your a little child)and say shoot here... and here! Hit the box. Hit the ramp. Yeah you did it.

ACDC has Lymans complexity and I hope he adds more. Like Tron and the riddles of the grid grid grid. If I built a pin I would want people confused and writing about it on a forum asking these very questions!

ACDC is unique and fits a niche. I walk up and it kicks my butt, makes me pay for sloppy shots and I want more. You crank out 100Mil plus game and you feel like superman aka Rick STETTA.

#21 12 years ago

I welcome the simpler rule set. I hate games where I feel its work.

give me a quick fast game all day long

#22 12 years ago

Or like Koi Morris

#23 12 years ago

Pinball work?

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from kapper:

I welcome the simpler rule set. I hate games where I feel its work.
give me a quick fast game all day long

A ruleset is one thing, but strategy is another. The player should not have to figure out what this light or that light does. It should be informative. Strategy for the intermediate or advance player, sure this should take some time but if a game is to do well then it should be easy for anyone to know what to do. Addams is a perfect example of that, hence the reason why it was the most produced game. Shoot the chair then shoot the ramp to relight the chair. Strategy comes into play when determining the order of modes to play. Multiball is easy to figure out and the jackpot shots are nice and clear.

lol I still dont know which shots to go for in Tour multiball cos every dam shot is flashing. Since no one on this forum knows either (I cant blame them) I will need to take the glass off.

#25 12 years ago

This time RGR is right. A game should not be too simple. I don't like PotC because it was work for me to play it, always the same shot over and over. A game should let you have a choice which way you wanna go to play it but it should also always be informativ enough so you see what you could do.
Untill now I haven't seen this from the AC/DC pin. I don't want have to read through Pinball News, watch PAPA Videos or read guides to understand the core rules. I want to play and understand the rules for my self. These sources should give me strategy tipps, but they shouldn't be necessary to understand what is to do.

I had and have high hopes for the AC/DC LE. The color changing inserts could be a way to keep the rules clearer, but till now no one has seen anything of this feature. So we have to hope for new code updates.

Many years I played world of warcraft. It was a big step for computer games. The start in this online RPG was easy and simple, the learning curve was great. So even people that never played this game before could enjoy it. I stopped playing it, had not enough time left and I didn't liked the simple endgame.
A good game should show beginners the way and should be complex enough for the hard core gamer. Stern have much to learn in this field. A simple, easy start has to be fun enough to keep the player at the game. The endgame should be very complex, but it is important to stay informativ in this complexity.

But AC/DC LE could be that game! More dots and use of the LEDs is the way they should go.
I am sorry for the Pro Users, but this games are for the public, this machines should be operated. I think the pros could be much simpler in their rulesets.

I have 2 other pinball games at home now that I realy like: BDK and SM. BDK is such a great game but it is horrible how the rules were explained by the dots and lights. I started to like the game after I watched the Bowen Tutorial and after I understood all I love this game. New player like it too but they stop to play it after some time because they think they have seen all there is, but there is so much more. :/ I hope there will be a Code update in the future so others will like the game like I do. But i have not much hope for this.

I have much more hope for AC/DC, there will be a long time of incomming AC/DC updates. i read they want to produce this game till next year. If this is true they have time to do things right.

#26 12 years ago

I agree with other comments that ACDC is a points-focused game at this point. There is little progression beyond qualifying the multiballs. I typically don't really care for points-focus games so I'm holding out hope that it will change. Don't get me wrong, it's a keeper regardless because the playfield is fun to shoot and i love the Ritchie flow. So far, the Lyman part of the puzzle is less satisfying, but hey, it's still early code. Here's to hoping there is much more to come!

-Craig

#27 12 years ago

Could it be that they are making it hard to figure out due to the lack of shots on the playfield??

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I agree with other comments that ACDC is a points-focused game at this point. There is little progression beyond qualifying the multiballs. I typically don't really care for points-focus games so I'm holding out hope that it will change. Don't get me wrong, it's a keeper regardless because the playfield is fun to shoot and i love the Ritchie flow. So far, the Lyman part of the puzzle is less satisfying, but hey, it's still early code. Here's to hoping there is much more to come!
-Craig

Spider-man took 2 years for the final code to be a masterpiece. I suspect AC/DC won't take as long. But I believe it will "rival" Spidey.

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Could it be that they are making it hard to figure out due to the lack of shots on the playfield??

No, I don't think its intentional. My theory is that Lyman has something to say here, but he is trying to communicate it through the limitations of "pro" lighting system, which was then applied to the premium/LE models in order to get the early ones out the door. When he pulls the trigger on the rgb capabilities, goals and shots will become more obvious.

-Craig

#30 12 years ago

Somebody could just flat out ask him on Fb too. The direction he intends for pro and for the le games.

#31 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

PinCrush said:I agree with other comments that ACDC is a points-focused game at this point. There is little progression beyond qualifying the multiballs. I typically don't really care for points-focus games so I'm holding out hope that it will change. Don't get me wrong, it's a keeper regardless because the playfield is fun to shoot and i love the Ritchie flow. So far, the Lyman part of the puzzle is less satisfying, but hey, it's still early code. Here's to hoping there is much more to come!
-Craig
Spider-Man took 2 years for the final code to be a masterpiece. I suspect AC/DC won't take as long. But I believe it will "rival" Spidey.

2 years????????????????? WTF.... nah I am off this...

#32 12 years ago

If the AC/DC Code will be as good as the SM Code I could wait 2 years. Let's be true, the AC/DC Pin is STERNS new flagship, it shoud show what great pinball games they can build. I don't believe that the code would not be finished.

But I played BDK, 24, WOF, BBH...they all suffer from the unfinished Code. The rules are good but there always would be just one little step needed to make them realy great.

#33 12 years ago

ACDC rules need clarified, no doubt.

Why do the red horn inserts to the bell and the right orbit light? What happens when you hit the shot and turn the light off? How are they turned back on again? What does it all mean?

The music note inserts seem to be a combonation of hurry-ups and mode jackpots; very confusng so far. Sometimes the music notes are off, sometimes they are blinking, and sometimes they are solid. For the life of me I can not figure out the logic behind this.

Sometimes I seem to relight the Jukebox quickly, other times I can make dozens of lit shots and it does not light until I lose the ball and a new ball is served up. Exactly what is rquired to light the Jukebox? Are the requirements different for each mode?

So far I see no clear advantage to changing the song except to progress to the wizard mode. From a "points" perspective it seems to not really matter whether a song is ever changed or not. For me, the spinner mode seems to be the most lucrative so I usually pick that one and don't change it. Anyone know what advantage there is to changing songs (other than progression to the wizard mode)?

Basically, can a mode be "played out" and offer no more jackpots?

Scott

#34 12 years ago

I forgot to mention one thing, for me Lyman F. Sheats is, in the area of rulesets a genius. Just like Keefer is. Believe it or not I even like the BBH Buck Multiball. The system were you have to hit the Buck and then you could get the superjackpot is great. And after that you can get the super super jackpot, this is great. And for me the BDK Batsignal multiball is supercool. Do you go to max out the jackpots or do you start the multiball, that is always thrilling.

But he needs time, to make something completly great like he did with SM. So STERN please, please give him the time. And that is the same here, please people, and I am looking at you RGR ;P^^, please give him time until you judge this game.

I think we should use forums like this to give him and other programmers information about what we would like to see in the games.

#35 12 years ago

lol Asael, I see your point, however there's 2 problems here. Firstly players and operators should not wait TWO years for a game to be completed. That just aint right. Secondly players should not have to ask on a forum how a game is played. What if there was no forum or internet for that matter to ask people??? Back when I was playing alot in the early 90s there was no internet. I think again Stern are taking advantage of this. Very poor form to release an incomplete game. And here people believe that Stern are keeping the market alive. lol so what you want us to wait 2 years before we judge this game.... lol ok mate l'll get back to you in 2-3 years...

#36 12 years ago

Your goal is to change the ACDC song everytime you can. You lose millions if you dont. Play all songs in one game = encore mode. Very hard.

If the song is NOT changed, the bonus
is: (50K x # of songs lit) + an additional (200K) if all 11 songs have
been lit.

If the song IS changed, the bonus is (500K x # of songs
completed) + (50K x # of songs lit) + an additional 200K if all songs
that have not been completed have been lit.

2012-03-19_18.35.50.jpg2012-03-19_18.35.50.jpg

#37 12 years ago

I agree in all your points RGR. But as long STERN, SR or LFS say, the code is still in work and there will be big updates to it I hold my feet still and wait. I want to play my AC/DC now and not in a year. But I hope in a year the code will be complete. If I would judge a game at the first released code, SM and BDK were bad pins. But they are top 10 now for me. SM Number 1, BDK could have need one more update tp be perfect.

Yes you are absolute right, I would like to have the code complete when I get the game. But also I think the USB Port is a great thing to update code, if they would hear to what the people want in a game.

If I were at STERN I would hire a programmer that only has one job, go over old games and make the code complete. I know that will not happen. There is no direct money in it, if you complete games that you don't sell anymore. But as a buyer or as a operater I say i would buy more games if there is certainty that the game will be complete.

And your other point, I say it again. A game need to have complexity in the rules. I like to watch and read strategy guides. But I should always now what possibilities I have and what's going on.
I only watched videos so far from AC/DCLEs, still waiting for mine to arive. I hope next week.
But what I like so far is how the lights show you the way and the goals when you hit the jukebox and select a song. I hope there will be more of that.

#38 12 years ago

Yeah look rules is one thing and strat is another. I always want to figure out in the first 1-5 games how a gmae works, then I dont mind spending 1-3 months going over possible strategies. lol I put 1.3 billion on SM and I never knew about the multipliers... I had no idea what the white arrows were and there was no announcement, only a possible visual which I could not see due to the dam writing being so small. You have a look at Addams. The left loop is clearly lit with the multiplier on the playfield and when you make the shot there is a very large display telling you that you have advanced from 2x to 3x etc. Why is that not there with Stern???? Sure once you know how something works yeah this is fine for the most part, but if you are going to put a game on location and expect the mainstream to enjoy/figure out whats going on, well that aint going to happen. Stern is doing 0 to attempt to keep pinball alive. JJ on the other hand will be leasing pinballs to help make them successful on location. Honestly if there were only Sterns out there theres no way I would be playing. Given that the majority of games at expos/IFPA/PAPA etc are williams/bally that are 15 years old, this is a worry. Whats is going to be like in 15 years time, lol will we be playing the world champs mainly on games that are 30 years old???

I agree that the code updates for TBK and SM are good but they have to step up and have them ready when the game comes out. Word has it that Lyman coded SM in his spare time. If Stern feel that there is no market, then imo shut up shop.

1 month later
#39 11 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

Okay I know it's been a while since you asked the question but I didn't see anyone else answer it so here you go. To add a ball in multiball (single or multi player) you have to hit all three flashing red devil horn inserts.

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

if you are going to put a game on location and expect the mainstream to enjoy/figure out whats going on, well that aint going to happen

Couldn't agree more. I am a guy who played - past tense - this machine on location (the pro version) and I decided to stop spending my euros coins to try to understand a hypothetical hidden complexity there. Not to mention that cannon hiding the right outlane - a major flaw indeed. And that's a rule that won't be easy to fix ! Releasing a PM with rules that will be finished two years later: you must be kidding??

#41 11 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Releasing a PM with rules that will be finished two years later: you must be kidding??

They have been doing this for years....Why are people so suprised its still going on? Dont like it....play something else. ACDC is a blast to play now & will be a great game once the code is finished.

2 weeks later
#42 11 years ago

So what are the best strategies for high scores? What song order do YOU play in?

#43 11 years ago

Best strategy is get 3x running after you build a mega 10+ cannon jackpot cash in.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Best strategy is get 3x running

I bet that is easier on a pro then a premium . The swinging bell adds risk .

Jim

1 month later
#45 11 years ago

I was looking forward to ACDC and was pleased when they installed one my local games arcade. Unfortunately, it was malfunctioning by shooting an extra ball a few seconds after the first launched (as well as some minor issues - but TF has had cannon issues ever since it came in so it's no surprise)... my arcades operators aren't very pinball savvy so it took them a while to fix the issues. Meanwhile someone used the extra ball shooting out to build up a big top score. They then moved the machine an off balanced it. they tried to fix it but to this day it still rolls to the left a little... besides all this ACDC has such a simplistic rule set and unforgiving out lanes that it just encourages and rewards a player than can be consistent shooting one shot over and over and over again.

I went back to TF since ACDC was so crap and TF has grown on me a little (apart from it's cannon issues). I have only been drawn back to it in order to compete in a local tournament... so I have had to devise a point scoring strategy as i gave up trying to read something deeper into the game play.

ACDC stratagy: Select Rock and Roll train, gain control of the ball, repeatedly backhand left ramp to build up JAM then put the ball up the right, start looping balls by backhanding the left ramp, when the additional balls drain start backhanding the left ramp again until JAM builds again... repeat until stray balls happen to light ALBUM multi then build JAM and start them both together... then loop the balls up the left ramp again.

You can set yourself little challenges to complete stuff but the most reliable way to score points (without risking those outlanes too much) is repetition, repetition, repetition

#46 11 years ago

...Stern managed to make an in depth rule set with the Simpsons. That is a machine playable by anyone but which rewards experienced players able to put it all together (incidentally, the software designer on SPP was Keith Johnson who I believe is now working for JJ!)

1 month later
#47 11 years ago
Quoted from DrAzzy:

There are devil horn inserts on the right loop and hells bells lane. What do they mean?

I've got most of the game figured out....but these make no sense to me.

Quoted from Pmoncla:

To add a ball in multiball (single or multi player) you have to hit all three flashing red devil horn inserts.

This may be true...but they are still lit when not in multiball... so what do they do when not in multiball???

1 week later
#48 11 years ago

Acdc doesn't have ANY tension in it whatsoever. Its all about points, points, points. What makes a pinball good is a build-up and then a payoff. The build-up needs to be clear so you can see that you're 'almost there' and then it doesn't matter wether you make it or not, the emotions are running high either way.

'Ball one... locked." "Ball two... locked..." ALMOST THERE... "Ball three!! YAH! MULTIBALL!! Satisfying payoff!! woo!"

Stern haven't gotten this concept right since the simpsons pinball party. That was an AWESOME build up. Right loop, garage, TV, pop it up to the couch.. woo! A sense of accomplishment... now do that another two times and BOOM we're in business.

I think ACDC was written by someone that is used to playing in competitions who's completely ok with hitting the same shot over and over and over and over. His build up and payoff is "Will I win the competition?" But when it comes to the normal player (99.9% of people that play) winning comps isn't what pinball is about.

And p.s. Pat Lawlor is the King of Pinball. that is all.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from Benanaman:

Acdc doesn't have ANY tension in it whatsoever. Its all about points, points, points. What makes a pinball good is a build-up and then a payoff. The build-up needs to be clear so you can see that you're 'almost there' and then it doesn't matter wether you make it or not, the emotions are running high either way.
'Ball one... locked." "Ball two... locked..." ALMOST THERE... "Ball three!! YAH! MULTIBALL!! Satisfying payoff!! woo!"
Stern haven't gotten this concept right since The Simpsons Pinball Party. That was an AWESOME build up. Right loop, garage, TV, pop it up to the couch.. woo! A sense of accomplishment... now do that another two times and BOOM we're in business.
I think ACDC was written by someone that is used to playing in competitions who's completely ok with hitting the same shot over and over and over and over. His build up and payoff is "Will I win the competition?" But when it comes to the normal player (99.9% of people that play) winning comps isn't what pinball is about.
And p.s. Pat Lawlor is the King of Pinball. that is all.

Doest have any tension?? Are you serious???? Clearly you havent been playing ACDC that much or havent even come close to understanding the rules of the game.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Doest have any tension?? Are you serious???? Clearly you havent been playing ACDC that much or havent even come close to understanding the rules of the game.

+1 to that! The rules take a little bit to figure out, but once you do, it's actually pretty simple. For scoring big points, it's all about multiballs and then nailing the HUGE song jackpot. It has more tension than I've experienced in any other game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 282 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-rules-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.