• 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by SunKing
  • Topic is favorited by 21 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

money.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So Bowen has graciously agreed to author a rule sheet once his funding threshold is met. Even better, he will be donating the proceeds to the Pinball Outreach Project! http://pinballoutreach.org/

My present understanding is that the current rule sheet target is $500. At $700, Bowen will agree to publish updates as new code is released. There may be an additional "video rule sheet" courtesy of Keith Elwin, though I haven't seen clarification of this from The Man himself.

The Pinball Outreach Project(PoP) has even offered to refund your donation if the goals are not met. Either way, I would encourage people to donate as they seem to have a wonderful mission.

Until directed otherwise, I suggest leaving a comment with your Paypal donation or check donation referencing the AC/DC rule sheet fundraiser. Just navigate to the PoP website where you will see a "donate now" button. I will post updates on the total here as they become available.

So, huge thanks to Bowen and everyone else involved! Let's make this happen!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I donated $10, but there didn't appear to be any place I could leave a message.
Ie: for ACDC rule sheet.
It seems like a good cause so fine, but how will Bowen know when we've donated the required amount?

PayPal typically has an option to leave message to recipient.

In the other thread, a PoP representative called analogprincess stated that we would be notified when the goal is reached. I sent an e-mail and a pm to her to clarify the preferred method of tagging the donations as well as progress updates, but am still waiting to hear back from her. I will let everyone know once I have further info.

Shawn

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I DEMAND RINGTONES

This is funny even though I'm not sure I get the joke!

#12 10 years ago

Here is, as promised, an update from the PoP:

"Shawn. I will make a public google doc later today and you can share it on pinside. I won't "withdrawl" any of the donations until the threshold is met."

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Thought Bowen said $600

Don't cause trouble Keith

Here is the quote: "There is no need for you to read between the lines. I will write an AC/DC text rule sheet for $500."

As seen in this thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-do-you-have-to-bribe-these-days-to-get-someone-to-publish-a-rulesheet

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great work guys! Does anyone know if the fundraiser has been discussed on the RPG and Google pinball forums?

Well, despite the fact that RGP is totally dead, it is worth posting there. I will copy this thread over there. For fun we can try to predict how many of the RGP jerks will dump on it

#66 10 years ago

The ball is in your court Bowen. I will bump this thread with another donation once the rule sheet is finished.

Thanks everyone!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Let me be more precise... I'm surprised that that nobody has gone to the trouble to do it themselves and share with the community. And I DID offer to do it shortly before this thing got started, because I'm going to do it for myself anyways, but nobody said a peep about being interested.

It probably had something to do with the fact that Bowen Kerins offered to do the rule sheet just 2 posts after yours.

It is a bit puzzling that few pins in the past several years have had rule sheets written for them.

#101 10 years ago
Quoted from chocky909:

Hey Bowen! What kind of timescale we looking at here for the first draft? Metallic Premium, Star Trek or The Hobbit?

Wait, I thought this was an ice cream thread

#114 10 years ago

Maybe the indefinite release schedule is putting some off.

Hey Bowen, I will pledge an additional $25 if you will provide a reasonably firm estimated date of completion.

#117 10 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Due to my work schedule I cannot promise a specific date of completion, because I would either release something inferior or just move the date. If you want me to be truly faithful to recent pinball rules, I can release a 1.0 rulesheet on a specific date, listen as everyone pans it waiting and wondering when the final version will be ready, then release several updated versions, including one I consider final, while everyone continues to add feature requests while asking whether it is truly the final version.

Thanks for the response Bowen. Everyone understands this is a side project for you. I still think it was worth a shot at bribery

2 months later
#140 10 years ago

Lets give Bowen some time to bask in the glory of his amazing performance. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

#145 10 years ago
Quoted from hank35:

It's been three months. How long do we have to wait? Not trying to start a fight, but I know a lot of us donated within the first week thinking this project was about a month or two out.

Dude, your timing is poor. Let the guy celebrate for a few hours before you start complaining. Bowen is a ridiculously generous asset to the pinball community and has more than earned our patience/consideration. Also, no promise of a release target date was stated or implied.

Congratulations and enjoy your victory Bowen!

#155 10 years ago

I think the new code may have some bugs. IIRC, it seemed that if the jukebox was lit and you drained, it would not allow you to change songs or collect the skill shot/VIP on the ensuing plunge. Anyone else experience this?

#159 10 years ago

I didn't hear about the changes until I was almost finished. Supposedly, the lower playfield scoring was reduced, but I didn't play those songs. In hindsight, I can't recall any obvious changes as I was struggling to keep the ball away from those outlanes too much to notice.

1 year later
#200 9 years ago

I pm'd Bowen for a response but noted that he hasn't been on Pinside in over 2 months so a reply is likely not coming anytime soon.

#206 9 years ago

I also wondered if he was waiting on Pinball 102 to be released, which was supposed to feature AC/DC strategy/tutorial and has been similarly delayed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alveolus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-rule-sheet-funding-threaddonations-to-pinball-outreach-project?tu=alveolus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.