Topic Stats

• 207 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SunKing
  • Topic is favorited by 22 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

money.jpg

There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 5 years ago

So Bowen has graciously agreed to author a rule sheet once his funding threshold is met. Even better, he will be donating the proceeds to the Pinball Outreach Project! http://pinballoutreach.org/

My present understanding is that the current rule sheet target is $500. At $700, Bowen will agree to publish updates as new code is released. There may be an additional "video rule sheet" courtesy of Keith Elwin, though I haven't seen clarification of this from The Man himself.

The Pinball Outreach Project(PoP) has even offered to refund your donation if the goals are not met. Either way, I would encourage people to donate as they seem to have a wonderful mission.

Until directed otherwise, I suggest leaving a comment with your Paypal donation or check donation referencing the AC/DC rule sheet fundraiser. Just navigate to the PoP website where you will see a "donate now" button. I will post updates on the total here as they become available.

So, huge thanks to Bowen and everyone else involved! Let's make this happen!

#2 5 years ago

I donated $10, but there didn't appear to be any place I could leave a message.
Ie: for ACDC rule sheet.
It seems like a good cause so fine, but how will Bowen know when we've donated the required amount?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

So Bowen has graciously agreed to author a rule sheet once his funding threshold is met. Even better, he will be donating the proceeds to the Pinball Outreach Project! http://pinballoutreach.org/
My present understanding is that the current rule sheet target is $500. At $700, Bowen will agree to publish updates as new code is released. There may be an additional "video rule sheet" courtesy of Keith Elwin, though I haven't seen clarification of this from The Man himself.

So, huge thanks to Bowen and everyone else involved! Let's make this happen!

ACDC video guide would be in segments. We can release a new segment say every $100 tier donated to POP.

#4 5 years ago

I DEMAND RINGTONES

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

It seems like a good cause so fine, but how will Bowen know when we've donated the required amount?

PayPal typically has an option to leave message to recipient.

In the other thread, a PoP representative called analogprincess stated that we would be notified when the goal is reached. I sent an e-mail and a pm to her to clarify the preferred method of tagging the donations as well as progress updates, but am still waiting to hear back from her. I will let everyone know once I have further info.

Shawn

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I DEMAND RINGTONES

This is funny even though I'm not sure I get the joke!

#7 5 years ago

$25 donated here! Lets get to the goal! Thanks again Bowen and POP for offering to do this.

#8 5 years ago

Oh cool. I didn't know the money was going to POP. This sounds like a nice way to do it. I don't have an ACDC but I'll chip in anyway especially if there are vids in the mix.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I DEMAND RINGTONES

BAO!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

I DEMAND RINGTONES

and my name mentioned in the video haha

#12 5 years ago

Here is, as promised, an update from the PoP:

"Shawn. I will make a public google doc later today and you can share it on pinside. I won't "withdrawl" any of the donations until the threshold is met."

#13 5 years ago

I'm in. This game is a long term keeping. A good rule sheet would be AWESOME.

#14 5 years ago

Donated. You can add a Paypal note on the last page before you click the PAY NOW button. I just put "ACDC Rulesheet Fundraiser"

#15 5 years ago

This is great. Donated!

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Well, my Receipt Number: 3471-5822-3426-7772

#17 5 years ago

I've received comments from most every donation saying what it's for. Shawn can provide the google doc link and y'all can make sure your donation is listed. It's at $210 right now.

I'm just using first names and last initial and leaving out any other personal info.

Thanks!

Nicole@pinballoutreach.org

#18 5 years ago

I will make sure everyone knows when the $500 goal has been met.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Well, my Receipt Number: 3471-5822-3426-7772

Seems like each of you have kicked in $25, so I upped my donation another $15.
Receipt 3DT22627XV511483X

#20 5 years ago

I'm in for $20. Seems like the best, most enjoyable mod I could add to the game!

KRB
(LOTR, TSPP, and AC/DC Pre)

#22 5 years ago

Just donated $20. Pinballkind will be better with an Ac/Dc Rule sheet.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from analogprincess:

I will make sure everyone knows when the $500 goal has been met.

Thought Bowen said $600

#24 5 years ago

We're about halfway there already.
Off to a nice start!

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Thought Bowen said $600

Don't cause trouble Keith

Here is the quote: "There is no need for you to read between the lines. I will write an AC/DC text rule sheet for $500."

As seen in this thread: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-do-you-have-to-bribe-these-days-to-get-someone-to-publish-a-rulesheet

#26 5 years ago

$700 if you want updates. $1000 and he will write a good one

#28 5 years ago

$235 is the total as of 8am today.

#29 5 years ago

Nope... $265.
$235 to go!

#30 5 years ago

$20 donated......receipt # 2UJ21167JM383040L.
Jim M....

#31 5 years ago

You are correct sir. Too early for math, or copying info from one place to another.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from analogprincess:

You are correct sir. Too early for math, or copying info from one place to another.

Add some more coffee in with your half n half

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

$700 if you want updates. $1000 and he will write a good one

Yeah it was "I get $500 cash" which turned into "PoP gets $600 for the video rules and the text rules" to "PoP gets $700 if you also want it updated for future software revisions"

Also $1000 if you want a good one

#34 5 years ago

evening bump. More than halfway to the initial goal.

#35 5 years ago

I'm also in, $20,- send. This machine is great, but difficult to totaly understand the rules.

#36 5 years ago

My $25 went in this morning.
Woohoo

#37 5 years ago

$330 so far. Very good start

#38 5 years ago

$25 donated as promised. Receipt no 98L33042TR863344U

#39 5 years ago

Forgot to leave a note with PayPal specifying the rules project. Will email Nicole. $25.

#40 5 years ago

so looks like $380 and counting!
Nice work guys. We just need to msg other pinsiders who are all about ACDC and keep bumping this post from time to time to keep it current.
It's for an awesome cause after all.

#41 5 years ago

Great work guys! Does anyone know if the fundraiser has been discussed on the RPG and Google pinball forums?

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great work guys! Does anyone know if the fundraiser has been discussed on the RPG and Google pinball forums?

Well, despite the fact that RGP is totally dead, it is worth posting there. I will copy this thread over there. For fun we can try to predict how many of the RGP jerks will dump on it

#43 5 years ago

Will post the link to this thread on Aussie Arcade.

#45 5 years ago

Is the code completely finished on acdc tho??

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Yeah it was "I get $500 cash" which turned into "PoP gets $600 for the video rules and the text rules" to "PoP gets $700 if you also want it updated for future software revisions"

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Is the code completely finished on acdc tho??

I keep hearing that the game isn't complete yet. Didn't Lyman mention it won't be complete until 2.0? Also live mode isn't enabled yet.

#48 5 years ago

Even if the code isn't complete yet - I'd still like to see a rulesheet for 1.65. Any futire code updates will be documented in the readme. Besides, I'm dying to know what those damn devil horn inserts mean!!

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I keep hearing that the game isn't complete yet. Didn't Lyman mention it won't be complete until 2.0?

The game is over a year old now. I don't think we should expect any major rewrite of the rules at this point. Like later versions of Spidey, it should be mostly fine tuning, video and audio. Polish.

#50 5 years ago

Not too far off the target now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, OH
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 295.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 35.00
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 50.00
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 207 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside