253CC2ED-158F-4E69-97AB-FCB37989EC1B (resized).png
20161212_213743 (resized).jpg
IMG_4278.JPG
IMG_4192.JPG
IMG_4191.JPG
IMG_4190.JPG
IMG_4189.JPG
IMG_4183.JPG

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

First of all, sorry for a second thread. Felt it would limit confusion by doing it this way since the other thread was filled with talk and pics of a version I scrapped.

I have finished up my final version and made some already in case those that were interested are still interested. If their is more interest I will make more so please post here or PM me if you would like one and which version.

Now the mod -

I always felt the space above the band on the AC/DC premium/LE/Luci looked incomplete. It finally got to the point of bugging me enough to make something for that space. This is what I've come up with for this area. The piece is made from Lexan so it should not break. I have two versions I can make. One with lights and another without lights. If you wish to do the lighting yourself I'm more than willing to share what I've done as I'm not in this to get rich. Just in it to try and help fill a void that I felt was present.

Disclaimer - These are all hand made at this point so they are not perfect. I've tried to make all the cuts as straight as possible and I feel they are coming out real good but I also know the pinball market and wanted to but upfront so their isn't any disappoint for someone looking for perfection.

Pricing (paypal) -
- Roof kit without lighting - $75 shipped to the lower 48
- Roof kit with GI and flasher - $95 shipped to the lower 48

***If you are local or wanted to pick them up at TPF paying via cash you can subtract $10 from the price as I wont have to deal with shipping them***
*** I've never shipped internationally. If there is enough interest I'm willing to give it a shot but shipping would likely be more so I would have to add a bit to the cost.***

Right now I have the following ready to go:
- 3 kits without lighting
- 4 kits with GI and Flasher

If there is more interest in these I will build more. I have 15 more plastics already cut but have to order more lighting if the need is there. Just didn't want to build a ton of these things and nobody wanting them.

Pics and Video:
IMG_4182.JPGIMG_4182.JPGIMG_4183.JPGIMG_4183.JPGIMG_4184.JPGIMG_4184.JPGIMG_4185.JPGIMG_4185.JPGIMG_4187.JPGIMG_4187.JPGIMG_4189.JPGIMG_4189.JPGIMG_4190.JPGIMG_4190.JPGIMG_4191.JPGIMG_4191.JPGIMG_4192.JPGIMG_4192.JPG

Post edited by 85vett: shortened up a bit

#2 10 years ago

P.S - The flash isn't really that bright. Check the video as that makes it look massive.

#3 10 years ago

Looks great!!
BSL

#4 10 years ago

pm sent . thanks mike

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from luch:

pm sent . thanks mike

Replied.

All - I've had a few questions about the lights. The light strips that are red, white and blue are lit by the backpanel lights so they are constant on. The flasher is tied into the flasher that is behind the band. When it flashes the flasher on the roof will flash as well. In game play I believe this is mainly when you shoot the right ramp. There's no color changing effects with either the GI lights or the flasher.

Here's a video with the room fully lit. Keep in mind that the factory flasher only flashes behind the band so you get light above and below it. The roof flasher is what lights up the stage itself. Also adds more flashing effect to the area around it.

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nice translite.

You know it. You got a call out in the first video as well. Not sure if you noticed I got the game cards and apron decals installed to. Looks pretty cool on the red apron too.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

You know it. You got a call out in the first video as well. Not sure if you noticed I got the game cards and apron decals installed to. Looks pretty cool on the red apron too.

I heard! I hope I don't embarrass you by saying this, but it's pronounced like "oric". My real name too, not a Pinside handle. It's a tricky one, most people don't get it right, so don't feel bad.

Glad you're enjoying, good luck with your mod.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I heard! I hope I don't embarrass you by saying this, but it's pronounced like "oric".

I'm calling you Ow-Rich from now on!

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm calling you Ow-Rich from now on!

When you're not looking I'm going to steal the hammer off your Metallica.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I heard! I hope I don't embarrass you by saying this, but it's pronounced like "oric". My real name too, not a Pinside handle. It's a tricky one, most people don't get it right, so don't feel bad.
Glad you're enjoying, good luck with your mod.

All good . I'm almost as bad with names as I am with spelling.

#12 10 years ago

First group shipped. Will send tracking info soon. Have 2 with lights and 2 without lights ready if anyone is interested. I can make more if needed but I'm guessing this is a bust do to lack of interest so this may be all that will be made unless more interest is there.

#13 10 years ago

Looks really sharp!

Like it should have been there from the start!

#14 10 years ago

1 kit with lights left and 2 without lights.

I made an order for more lights yesterday to make some more kits. If you'd like one let me know and I'll make sure to order enough to get one to everyone that is interested.

#15 10 years ago

Currently sold out on kits with Lights. I have another order or lights coming in this week so let me know if you want one and I'll build one. I finished up another batch of ones without lights so have plenty of them for anyone interested.IMG_4278.JPGIMG_4278.JPG

#16 10 years ago

I will get one with lights next week.

#17 10 years ago

im in for the one with lights

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

im in for the one with lights

PM sent

Hwawonyu - Just PM me when you are ready. I'll build one and set it aside for you.

#19 10 years ago

Thanks! Will PayPal on Tuesday.

Cheers

#20 10 years ago

lOOks Super cool bro ... Yr the 1st 2 come up w/ this mod that I've seen ...

#21 10 years ago

I'm in for one with lights when available

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Thanks man. If you get that AC/DC machine you know you'll need one

Quoted from captkirk:

I'm in for one with lights when available

PM Sent. Should have the next batch ready in a couple of days. I've got them without lights ready to go, just waiting for my light order to build the GI part.

Checked some of the tracking numbers for the ones I've shipped already. Looks like they are reaching people now. If you got one in I'd love to hear your feedback if it's good feedback JKing, of course, I'd love to hear feedback positive or negative as I'm open to suggestion for making them better to.

#23 10 years ago

Looks like I only have 2 left with lights on the second run. If more are needed I'll have to place another order so please post/Pm if you are interested. Have several without lights ready to go still though.

#24 10 years ago

sent thxs

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I picked one up from a guy in Australia but it does not have a light kit. Just laser cut ac/dc with red film. Flasher and GI shines through. Worked out good because I didn't need the light kit due to I have a TRC kit installed with stage lighting. I went with black but he also had red or stainless. Nice job on this mod.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#26 10 years ago

second run of these with lights have been built and sold out. I have 3 without lights left now as well. If you are interested in one with lights please post here and I'll add you to a list. If I get interest in another 10 or so I'll build a 3rd batch.

1 week later
#27 9 years ago

awesome mod , really finishes off the band .

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from luch:

awesome mod , really finishes off the band .

I thought that's what groupies where for?

#29 9 years ago

good one

10 months later
#30 9 years ago

finally installed this mod - looms greta -thanks

#31 9 years ago

I might be interested in one with lights... I first have to see if the game I just bought has this already on it... I doubt it, but I'd better check first...

I know, it sounds dumb to not even know if the game I've got has it on or not, but the truth is that my Luci is sitting in my store still in it's packing after it arrived about 2 weeks ago! I've recently done my back in, so can't even get there to check it out!! I know the guy I bought it from did a list of mods to it...

This post is so I put this thread in my 'recent activity' box so I don't loose it...

#32 9 years ago

I'd be interested in one with lights.

Thanks

#33 9 years ago

I am definately interested in one with lights.

#34 9 years ago

I actually stopped making these as it didn't seem there was much interest in them. If there is enough interest I would consider doing another run of them. They take forever to make so I'd want to do it in a batch to make it worth while (10 or so) if there was enough interest.

#35 9 years ago

If you still need the strips, and they are now in color, Id be help out with the price, so that more people might be interested.
Op did a real Sweet Job with this, and everyone should benefit from this Nice Mod!

#36 9 years ago

I'll be in with lights

1 month later
#38 9 years ago

I will be in with lights.

1 year later
#39 7 years ago

FYI. Was going through my spare parts box and found 3 of these in a box that I forgot about. Since there didn't seem to be interest anymore I stopped making them. I'll sell these last 2 (ones sold is taken) for $50 shipped to the lower 48 if anyone wants them. Non lit version but with the matrix system it would be easy to add lights now.

#40 7 years ago

Picture of one of the last 2.

20161212_213743 (resized).jpg20161212_213743 (resized).jpg

1 year later
#41 6 years ago

All,

I have a few spots left open in round 2.
(Copied 85vette’s design with his help - made a tweak see CAD image below & went with mirror chrome look)..

This will be the Final-LAST round of these being made by me as these are very time consuming.

YES - It is a lighted mod - red/blue leds lights and then lighted flasher in the roof overhand - and then a new extended flasher in back.

Please PM me to get a spot. Plan to ship asap- as soon as I get my final parts from Comet Pinball.

Thx to everyone for your help.
-cpr9999

253CC2ED-158F-4E69-97AB-FCB37989EC1B (resized).png253CC2ED-158F-4E69-97AB-FCB37989EC1B (resized).png
9F2CE9FC-0D70-433F-86D8-1EAA4C17798A (resized).jpeg9F2CE9FC-0D70-433F-86D8-1EAA4C17798A (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#42 6 years ago

Final Round!

CHROME, laser-etched ACDC Roof Mod ready to go - final run folks! Call it the LUCI version (although it fits premiums too!)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-band-mod-lighted

IMG_4708 (resized).JPGIMG_4708 (resized).JPG

1 month later
#43 6 years ago

I am making a LIMITED run of 10 with the spare material I have. PM if interested.
Please read the pinside AD.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-band-mod-lighted
acdc1 (resized).jpgacdc1 (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: New link:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-lighted-roof-mod

3 weeks later
#44 5 years ago

Few left and gone for good.
No more materials. No longer making these.

Get one before they are gone forever!

PM me for roof band mod.

#46 5 years ago

Less than handful and gone for good.

Questions let me know - easy install.

Mirror chrome look.

#47 5 years ago

Last chance pinsiders - let me know very soon !

#48 5 years ago

installed mine. the flasher is a nice touch pointing directly down below into the ramp. covers up that ugly hole that really bothered me whilr playing.

B0C5BDA7-0B2A-4D5A-847B-89B47ECED392 (resized).jpegB0C5BDA7-0B2A-4D5A-847B-89B47ECED392 (resized).jpeg
9F6FA2AF-59B6-4241-A593-C3ED76B5514C (resized).jpeg9F6FA2AF-59B6-4241-A593-C3ED76B5514C (resized).jpeg
3665E28E-FABA-431C-B6C6-73F32A8AEF94 (resized).jpeg3665E28E-FABA-431C-B6C6-73F32A8AEF94 (resized).jpeg
829923ED-AAF2-475A-B411-3A43BB09F365 (resized).jpeg829923ED-AAF2-475A-B411-3A43BB09F365 (resized).jpeg

#49 5 years ago

3 left pinsiders - then gone for good... PM me

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Benton, AR
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 12.95
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 29.95
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-roof-top-mod-final-version-pricing-and-video-now-available and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.