10 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by 2000_Alum
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2000_Alum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

The switch for the right sling in my ACDC stopped working. All common drive and return switches in the switch matrix work as well as the coil when tested. I do not see and obvious bad connections at the solder points. Tried cleaning the contacts with a business card to no avail, and my DMM is out of batteries (need to pick some up, wanted to get this question out to the geniuses first). Do these switches fail frequently? Is there something dumb I'm not doing? If it needs to be replaced, how bad is it to do? I'm a noob and want to learn. Thanks all

#2 10 years ago

Bump for the night crew. Just picked up batteries for my DMM so will post results shortly.

#4 10 years ago

It does not work in switch test (#27). Wiring continuity appears intact within the switch mechanism, trying to trace to head now. obtaining low resistivity across all connections and similar results across the diode in the working and non working slings (~580).

#5 10 years ago

Ok, so I hope I did this right. Testing with a DMM from the driver wire in the head up to the diode in the switch reads 1 ohm (same reading as just touching the leads together). Same for testing the other side of the diode to the switch return in the head. I interpret this as complete wiring continuity, so wtf?
For clarification, I have zip tied the switch shut for these tests, so I think my switch is clean and apparently functional (but not ). Also, all other switches are perfectly fine.
Thanks for the help guys!

#7 10 years ago

Diode was it, hairline break in the wire that was completely invisible and just past where I connected the leads the first time! Thanks all, guess I have to buy a solder gun tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 2000_Alum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-right-sling-switch?tu=2000_Alum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.