9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by RacerRik
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacerRik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

So I just rebuilt the flipper mechs on my ACDC - they sure did not last as long as the flipper mechs on my Williams games...

Anyway, I noticed some differences in the replacement parts which I bought from Pinball Life.

1st, the OEM links had bushings in them at the roll pin end in addition to the bushings at the bolt end. The replacement links have a small hole sized to just fit the roll pin. Is that how all the replacement parts are made - or is that unique to Pinball Life parts?

The links also are different in that the roll pin end is angled and the OEM links are round. Not sure if that makes any difference at all.

I also bought some complete plunger / link assemblies. They are made with no bushing on the roll pin end and the angled links as well.

Also, the roll pins on the OEM parts are much longer than the replacement parts. They old pins stick out over 1/8 inch on each side of the plunger. The replacements are flush with the plunger.

The only real concern I have is the lack of bushings on the roll pins. Will these new parts hold up as well as the OEM parts. ( Jeesh - I would hope they last longer considering how short the OEM parts lasted....)

Anyone have any experience with these replacement parts?

#3 9 years ago

the audits have a section for number of flips? Wow - that seems like a pretty detailed audit. I will have to take a look tonight.

#5 9 years ago

and are your flipper mechs trashed? Mine were pretty bad! Coils tops were wrecked, significant play on both ends of the links, etc.

#6 9 years ago

Total plays = 262. Right flips = 43,264. Left flips = 41,193.

This is since the last update. Had about 600 plays on the old code.

So my game has much less plays than yours - your flipper mechs must be shot! By the way, the flippers were actually playing just fine other than the left one started sticking in the up position some times. When I took it apart to see why the flipper was staying up, I found all the worn out parts.

#8 9 years ago

I guess my game was made with inferior parts then.... No where near that many games and they were done! Maybe I flip too hard.....

There is gold looking ( copper) dust in the cabinet under each mechanism that has a solenoid. This dust seems to be from the copper magnetic isolators on the coil stops. And yes mine is a Premium not LE so I definitely got the non-LE flipper mechs. If you see the gold dust in your cabinet, you should probably check your coil stops.

Any idea why the replacement parts are different design from the OEM parts?

By the way, I got the game back together tonight and it plays so fine with the rebuilt flippers. I did not notice the flippers were getting weak, but the flipper action after the rebuild sure makes it obvious that the old ones were not performing as good as they used to. I had to replace a few rubber rings as well since they were starting to get chewed up. The one in front of the canon (at the bottom of the ROCK targets) is a major PIA to replace!

#9 9 years ago

so does anyone have any experience with the replacement flipper parts. Do they hold up as well or better than the OEM parts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
O'fallon, IL
$ 29.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RacerRik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-replacement-flipper-parts-not-the-same-as-oem?tu=RacerRik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.