(Topic ID: 189439)

AC/DC remake premium or Dialed In premium?

By Radrog

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“AC/DC or Dialed In?”

• AC/DC 113 votes
    37%
  • Dialed In 189 votes
    63%

(302 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6E701BEB-8F51-4593-9D29-374D65B25B75 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
IMG_0742 (resized).JPG
yo-dawg-dialed-in-so-it-can-take-pictures-of-you-taking-pictures-of-your-pictures (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 6 years ago

Having played Dialed In finally, it's an easy choice. Dialed In by a MILE.

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Based on price acdc...based on theme acdc ...sad dialed in could have been great. It could have been saved with an art overhaul like hobbit and playfield tweaks. Just think if it had better art and name. Then replace the geico flo with a bad guy to fight. Sad I believe it will be a very low numbered run.

Jack said they've sold over 1000 already, and he expects to sell another 1000 while making that first 1000. It's going to do great.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with Tiger except that it's JJPs next pin that should do great based on theme leaks
The fact is non licensed themes don't sell well today
This one won't be an exception outside of the hard core pinball fan. Limited sales
I applaud taking the chance but....

Damn, dude, enough with the faux knowledge on DI sales. You're pulling these statements out of your butt. Like I said, Jack personally told me they've already sold over 1000, and he's projecting 1000 more just while they make the first 1000. 2000 pins at the START for ANY theme is GREAT in the 21st century. We're not in the 80's or 90's.

Dialed In will sell fine, and once more people play it, I expect it to be in even higher demand. It's a great pin (although I have no idea what Pat was thinking on the headphone jack placement - THAT is stupid).

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In fact it was a very cool theme. DI is a theme too, just a bad original one

Theme alone does not dictate pin greatness. And, once you PLAY the pin, you soon realize that it's more of a disaster theme and the cell phone is only one element. Players on route will love this pin, and it's deep enough that it will do great for home, too. I think TH was a stumble after the greatness of WoZ, but Dialed In is a strong return to form for JJP.

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It crack me up that you believe everything that comes out of Jacks mouth.....lol

Point is, even if you discount it by 50%, that's still over 1000, which was the lifetime sales iceman44 said it wouldn't achieve.

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dude, they aren't even rolling off the line yet and the jury is still out.
But hey, I'm sure Jack has already sold about 5k of these

Great redirect. Back to the point. Jack said nothing about 5000.

You said it Dialed In wouldn't even sell 1000. Jack says it's already sold more than that and at the current rate will sell 1000 more before the first 1000 are done. Even discounting what he says by 50%, it's STILL around/over your lifetime number already.

Given that you haven't even played Dialed In or Houdini, it's weird that you're somehow an expert on both.

#186 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The game looks fun to play, but I'm just not a fan of the guy holding the phone.
Rob

Don't worry. You essentially never notice him. Too much going on.

1 week later
#193 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Dialed in must be one hell of a game. The only bad things I have heard about it is theme and price. Besides that no one is saying it shoots bad or isn't fun. I really need to play one some day

And once you play it, the theme becomes what it always was supposed to be - disaster pin. The cell phone is an important but supporting part of the scenario as it plays out. It becomes a non-issue after a game or less.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-remake-or-dialed-in?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.