(Topic ID: 189439)

AC/DC remake premium or Dialed In premium?

By Radrog

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“AC/DC or Dialed In?”

• AC/DC 113 votes
    37%
  • Dialed In 189 votes
    63%

(302 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6E701BEB-8F51-4593-9D29-374D65B25B75 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
IMG_0742 (resized).JPG
yo-dawg-dialed-in-so-it-can-take-pictures-of-you-taking-pictures-of-your-pictures (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 6 years ago

Acdc is great, but I'd rather have a DI at this point. DI is much more diverse and will last longer I think.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Price is what it is.That being said , the ACDC Premium is more Bang for the Buck at thousands less.
The new shiny toy is not always best.

Standard DI is 8k, that's only 1200-1300 more and worth every penny. I own acdc premium and both jjp games. It's worth the extra money.

#23 6 years ago

Both my jjp games came from automated and shipping was included. 8k will get a game to your door.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a bargain then, go get it.

Was simply stating as a fair comparison for op to consider, both price points should be with shipping. Sorry, sounded like you were insinuating that DI was even more expensive due to shipping not included, and that's not accurate.

Regardless op, I love my acdc, but DI would be more interesting IMO.

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's probably because thousands of people already have an Ac/dc premium so the remake isn't that appealing.
Nobody has a DI yet.
If you like to play pinball, and you've got some excellent pin choices, then to limit it JJP isn't too smart is it.
But with 3 daughters myself, I get why you might like DI.

This definitely happens. The next pin is always the best. Lol. Lots of acdc owners have probably had their fill with it and are more interested in the next game. I'm in that boat. I voted DI simply because I'm a little bored with my acdc. Still won't sell it, but would rather have DI.

#162 6 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

The family and I made a trip into Chicago this weekend and I finally got a chance to play both Alien and DI. Both games got very positive reviews from the family and were a blast to play and fun to watch others play them. At this time for me, DI feels and plays better between the two and that's the one I'd go for. An Ac/Dc prem is also on my wishlist, and I would love to grab one of those if the the deal is right. Thankfully, the premiums aren't scheduled to be built till the fall so a decision to purchase doesn't have to be made right now. However, it doesn't sound like there will be a big change in the premium artwork from the previous version.
We were also able to get in a very nice tour of the Stern factory and check out the whole build process. Lots of prep work for the new ac/dc pros was going on (the new playfields look very nice all polished up!) along with lots of AS, BM66, and GB pins being constructed. We also spotted some tangible evidence of the next new pin coming up (yes, that one is going to be built). What we glimpsed looked pretty cool and had Dad and the kids excited! So there's another pin that's coming out soon, that will be vying for people's dollars.
Cheers!

I think you need to elaborate on exactly what you seen.

1 month later
#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Interesting hat I should quote myself. AC/DC is gone. WOZ and DI are coming.

Lol. Great choices. I own acdc premium and a woz. Acdc is my favorite all time band, so I don't see selling my pin. Its an adrenaline rush, but does get a little boring with basically doing the same thing for 12 songs. That said, my jjp games blow it away in most ways imo. I think DI will keep your interest longer than acdc. I would love a DI someday. I'm really considering it over my dream theme star wars right now to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider konghusker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-remake-or-dialed-in?tu=konghusker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.