(Topic ID: 189439)

AC/DC remake premium or Dialed In premium?

By Radrog

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“AC/DC or Dialed In?”

• AC/DC 113 votes
    37%
  • Dialed In 189 votes
    63%

(302 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6E701BEB-8F51-4593-9D29-374D65B25B75 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
IMG_0742 (resized).JPG
yo-dawg-dialed-in-so-it-can-take-pictures-of-you-taking-pictures-of-your-pictures (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 6 years ago

Sold my highly modded acdc luci and dont miss it at all. Dile is a great playing pin with tons going on and is gonna be amazing in home use imo, especially set up correctly. I love that its original theme and not a band or licenced pin.

#20 6 years ago

Id bet by the time the premiums are made in 6 months that they will be around 7k which is not much more than they are now considering most have color dmd and lots of other nice upgrades.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You still have to pay for shipping so tack on another whatever it is.

Not necessarily ..... u can pick it up at the factory or a show .

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Theme alone does not dictate pin greatness. And, once you PLAY the pin, you soon realize that it's more of a disaster theme and the cell phone is only one element. Players on route will love this pin, and it's deep enough that it will do great for home, too. I think TH was a stumble after the greatness of WoZ, but Dialed In is a strong return to form for JJP.

Yep some of the top pins are original themes.... gameplay is what matters most at least to me.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everything remains to be seen Solarvalue
I love Lawlor pins too so I don't doubt it will be fun to play. I just don't want to own it. And I've watched plenty of streams to know enough
As for how it will sell, let's see, there are hardcore lovers like you and I don't see that pool being that big
Pricing is WAY out of control and I doubt people have made the leap to say $8400 and $9400 is the new standard in terms of selling thousands of pins
If I'm paying those bucks I'm waiting for the next one up. Sometimes it good to exercise patience
Bond 007 would get my $$$

I think the 8-10k pool is bigger than u think..... look at mmrle, afmrle, bat66le/sle, wozrr/le, thle. Plus lots of b/w titles sell for 7500 -8500 pretty regularly.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

ac/dc and no dialed in for me.
I cant get past the guy holding the cell phone and the theme, at Allentown I didn't even care to go play it and I own a woz rr.
to me it seems like a mess of things, drones, cell phones, sim city, selfies, a guy holding lightning bolts over his head like a la drac trac, play it with your cell phone (wgaf).
to me it seems like a mess. the art makes me want to puke I just cant stand looking at it.
many people like me wanted an unlicensed theme and we got what we asked for, just not my cup of tea.

Many felt the same until they played it.... then it all comes together and makes since . Many original themes and some licensed onrs are odd until u play them . Then you see/hear the world under glass come together to make pinball magic like the designer's intended. At least give it a few plays if u get a chance again.

#143 6 years ago

Same 2 or 3 people with the fight against dialed in and jjp ..... lmao.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another thing that is not insignificant are the magnet differences with Stern and JJP
One magnet on a Stern pin is equivalent to about 5 on JJP since they can't use the larger design
Since they "tested" it for months I hope the magnet wear issue has been fixed
The most overblown fake news issue EVER is the omg the build quality is sensational
It's all in the game play right?

Same magnet cores and playfield cutouts for the magnets have been used forever and have worked just fine . I suspect in home use there will be no wear especially if taken care of properly . Stern is the only ones who have changed this on the past few pins by adding a 2in metal ring around the core.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nail on the head....a lot of people played it at expo, but many walked away quickly. No where near the cool factor that TZ has. Selfie capable and Cell phone ( it IS a major toy/ component, even if the game is taking you elsewhere) on a pinball? Not a chance....

Tz was not well received when released and now is a very sought after pin. Ive seen lots people come around on di after playing and suspect many others will also once it gets in homes.

#148 6 years ago

Ice must be tuned in bc hes super annoying on this sat night.......

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

MUCH better. Since TWD btw. And JJP can't do it.
Same crowd defending JJP. Lmao!

Yep so much better ...... ive never had any issues with the old design ? So its really not better as ive still seen wear around the new designed ones?

#152 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Don't mean to lock horns with you Ice but in the interests of continuing our discussion:
I think one of the great strengths of DI is the placement of the magnets, I believe there are several underneath the playfield, not just the one over by the drones. If you watch any of the videos you can see some really cool ball movement from these magnets. Lawlor obviously spent a lot of time on this, because they really fling the ball around but not straight down the middle.

5 magnets .....3 like addams family, drone and one at theater. All di ive played had no wear and definitely wont in home use . Piece of mylar around drone core will definitely make sure there will never b any.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

TZ was never $9k.
I love Lawlor's weird ass original themes. I just repaired the heads on my Road Show today. Road construction with two giant decapitated heads and country music!?! Why the F do I love this game!?!? I dunno, but I do....however, it was a $1800 buy! Would I buy Road Show at a NIB JJP price!? No F'ing way!

I hear u but unfortunately its a different market now and prices are what they are.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

...and part of the reason prices are where they are is because people have shown time and time again that they'll throw caution to the wind and drop crazy money on a game if its theme sets off their nostalgia buttons. Dialed In doesn't offer that, and that's why you see more scrutiny even though it may be better than any game releases over the past few years.

Yep ... i much perfer original themes themes to all these band and old shows..... probably bc im fairly young still tho. Plus my reason for buying a pin is the fun factor number 1 then toys , lighting/lightshows, magnets /mechs and the world under glass. I think di is one of the most fun packed pins in recent times. Reminds me of the days of b/w with lots of near tech and lighting.

2 weeks later
#197 6 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Haven't played it yet, looking forward to seeing it at the Seattle show. Artwork sucks and theme is awful IMO, it would have to be the best playing pin ever to crack my lineup. I do like me some Lawlor though!

Its one the best ive ever played and has so much going on and spectacular lightshows and magnet action.

3 weeks later
#204 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Lol. Great choices. I own acdc premium and a woz. Acdc is my favorite all time band, so I don't see selling my pin. Its an adrenaline rush, but does get a little boring with basically doing the same thing for 12 songs. That said, my jjp games blow it away in most ways imo. I think DI will keep your interest longer than acdc. I would love a DI someday. I'm really considering it over my dream theme star wars right now to.

Agreed... in the end these toys are made to play and enjoy.... i think jjp pins are great and di has so many magnets, toys and lights that the play interaction is amazing . While stern pins are fun they all feel the same and tend to get stale pretty fast for me which is why i perfer the b/w pins with lots of toy and mechanical interaction. .

4 months later
#207 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Clearly the anti-Stern, Sterns are cheap bias is strong with you, so I'm not sure why you even started this thread.
AC/DC Premium is 5 years old now and it has held its value better than other other Premium to date, so good luck "picking one up for cheap in the future". I think it's much more likely we'll be picking up Dialed Ins for cheap in the future, but who knows.
Enjoy your new pin!

They seem to be coming down now bc of the ve model ...along with many other pins. People want the new stuff like potc, di, remakes and Houdini.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-remake-or-dialed-in?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.