(Topic ID: 189439)

AC/DC remake premium or Dialed In premium?

By Radrog

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“AC/DC or Dialed In?”

• AC/DC 113 votes
    37%
  • Dialed In 189 votes
    63%

(302 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6E701BEB-8F51-4593-9D29-374D65B25B75 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
IMG_0742 (resized).JPG
yo-dawg-dialed-in-so-it-can-take-pictures-of-you-taking-pictures-of-your-pictures (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radrog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Choose..

#6 6 years ago

I'm leaning on DI. Stern is killing the market for AC/DC..... and besides. I own WOZ and Hobbit.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Will it have the Spike System in it?
Will it be LED'd or incandescent?
Anyone have that info?
Will Stern keep the wooden backbox on this or use the new metal one?

Good questions. It doesn't matter at this point. Stern looking at $$$ so it'll most likely be the biggest profit for them what ever they do. This hobby used to be a money maker in time. Not any more!
For HUO

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Take a chance on something outside of the top-25.

Never again. I'm going to only own pins in the top 25!

#31 6 years ago

I just watched some utube videos of Dialed In. My opinions are that it makes AC/DC look cheap (plastic ramps and cheap looking art work and etc.). I'm definitely buying Dialed In. Pat Lowler Rocks!

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So does Pat Lawler.

Oh ya, that guy also!

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Its hard to compare a classic (ACDC prem) with a game that hasn't shipped yet (DI). That said ACDC is my favorite game and my wife's favorite game also and it gets the most plays in our collection. I have played DI, I own the other 2 JJP games and may get a DI eventually. The game play of DI is fun but no one knows how it will stand the test of time and callouts like "charge the phone" don't do anything for me. My advice would be to save some money and get ACDC prem. It will likely hold its value well and you can always sell later and get a DI if it isn't for you.

Thanks for your advice. I also enjoy playing AC/DC Lucy. JJ games are far better built and etc. then any Stern to date. I have made up my mind and going to purchase Dialed In without even playing it. It looks different (outside the box) and that is what I need in my line up. Besides I already own TH and WOZ. Might as well keep the JJ collection whole.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Awesome classic rock & roll vs a cell phone

Ya, but the cell phone is magical!

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Based on price acdc...based on theme acdc ...sad dialed in could have been great. It could have been saved with an art overhaul like hobbit and playfield tweaks. Just think if it had better art and name. Then replace the geico flo with a bad guy to fight. Sad I believe it will be a very low numbered run.

I like Dialed In by just the utube vids. I never got this excited over a pin. I never felt that way over AC/DC. And besides, the market is flooded now with AC/DC. Can pick one up for cheap in the future 2nd hand.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Only had the chance to play DI once at TPF so not enough time on it to say it plays as good or better than AC/DC. But a smart person would wait and see what changes come on the AC/DC premium this fall and then decide. DI is different but think it can be picked up cheaper in a year from now. It may be a fun game but the theme is WEAK....no fixing that.
But for someone that doesn't care about money buy a DI now if they are shipping. Hopefully they can produce them faster so people are not waiting months for delivery of a game like WOZ and TH. That is the big problem with buying JJP early in a release. If you don't like it sell it. You can then grab an AC/DC or whatever the new hot flavor of the month is.

I'm not a theme type person. I'm a pin player type person. DI in my humble opinion is a no brainer. Challenging and flow. Objectives and magnets and etc. Can't wait to own it.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

Yes, but not as much as Pat Lawlor

Agreed!

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The LCD is a huge advantage imo. JJP and Woz got me back interested in pinball because of it.
Now Stern has the perfect sized LCD and implementation and Heighway has a home run on their hands IF they can start shipping Aliens in quantity.
For longevity, THEME matters a lot.
I wouldn't get either one right now, especially DI, save your $$$ for future pins.

I some what agree. I just want all JJ pins in my collection. No matter what they make. It's value and game play that I like about JJ pins. Build quality and sound. JJ hands down! Just turn TH up. You'll be impressed!

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Usual street prices are about $1000 less.

Everyone on pinside knows this already. Thanks for your input.

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Apparently not the guy who asked, dude.

Now you know. It may depend on the sales you purchased from a dealer. I purchased over 50k in pins from one and could say. My business is probably a main factor.

#62 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They did listen with TH at expo, i still dropped out because of all the delays and lies.
Should have listened on this one, maybe Lawlor just being stubborn.
Despite the hard core people, DI just isn't going to sell like Woz or TH because of the theme AND the pricing now.
ANY pin priced in that territory isn't going to sell huge except for maybe Star Wars.

I disagree

#64 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

WAIT, WAIT and buy when they go on sale! Look at the Hobbit now. All the for sale threads to fund the next pin.
Have you even played DI? If not, see if you like it first, step 1.

I'm impressed by just the utube videos....lol Sorry but true. Game play is MUCH more important then a title.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Mizzou0103:

I'm actually leaning heavily toward AFMr Special (played it at Pinfest), but if the others are going to be less or similar in cost, I might explore the others more.

I own the original and it's a pin that is a keeper (AFM).

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It takes both for long time love. And a lot of other factors.

I like it. Just wish the game play involves more interactive play with the screen in stead of cheesy game play (sorta like a PS4 game).

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get that too. I'd like some James Bond interaction with Lawlor, not this theme whatever it is BUT I'll just wait for the next one, hope you guys enjoy it.

Thanks and me and my daughter will enjoy it. I'm a true JJ fan. I'll buy there next pin also. JJ house hold here.

#75 6 years ago

The poll is telling the true story fellow Pinsiders!

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

The poll doesn't have a neither option

True, but the poll does speak un spoken words.

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

The poll doesn't have a "none of the above" option

True, but the poll speakes un spoken words!

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Would have been interesting to have Houdini at $6995 in the mix as I would have it instead of a new AC/DC or DI.

Definitely not a fan of Houdini. Play field in my opinion is amature. No flow. It reminds me of Aerosmith.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's probably because thousands of people already have an Ac/dc premium so the remake isn't that appealing.
Nobody has a DI yet.
If you like to play pinball, and you've got some excellent pin choices, then to limit it JJP isn't too smart is it.
But with 3 daughters myself, I get why you might like DI.

Please look in my pins that I own. I own variety and DI is best in my collection.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Dialed In! by a wide margin. Technology progresses forward, DI! has a five year tech edge on AC/DC. Pat designed DI!'s unique layout and Keith will give it the deepest code in Pinball history.
AC/DC was a huge hit for Stern five years ago, DI! will have that sort of impact for JJP today.

Thanks for your honest opinion and I feel the same way. Thumbs up!

#89 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I complimented you on your pins.
DI is now your best based on you tube videos. Lmao

Yup.... and it's only 9k for DI premium. My next pin. Maybe not the best, but sure is fun to own a variety of pins.

#91 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with Tiger except that it's JJPs next pin that should do great based on theme leaks
The fact is non licensed themes don't sell well today
This one won't be an exception outside of the hard core pinball fan. Limited sales
I applaud taking the chance but....

.... but is well thought out and the flow and wire ramps in stead of cheap plastic crap Stern puts out and....

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

.... but is well thought out and the flow and wire ramps in stead of cheap plastic crap Stern puts out and....

Stern needs to brake the cycle on huge profits for once and make a pin in the same category as JJ's ........lol

#96 6 years ago

It's not about theme anymore in my humble opinion. It's about game play.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You are losing your argument by turning this into a Stern bashfest but hey whatever. I'll engage

Stern Bashfest.... look im my collection. I own many Sterns.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

When JJP can actually announce a pin and ship it a month later like they promised they might actually provide some competition one day.
When JJP can make a pro version as good as AS pro for the $$ then they might actually become more relevant.
There are many reasons Stern dominates sales of pins.
And one of them is they don't do unlicensed themes

....again in my humble opinion a licensed theme means nothing too me. It's in the game play. I want good game play and less themes. My humble opinion only so please don't turn my thread in to a theme issue.

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Too you it means nothing. The fact for most and overall better sales THEME matters and in my humble opinion DI theme sucks

I value your opinion. Game play rules. In PS4 is there themes that are any good.... No, it's game play!

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

I value your opinion. Game play rules. In PS4 is there themes that are any good.... No, it's game play!

Was Grand Theft Auto a theme..... No.... It's the highest selling game on consol of all time.

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I play my pins a lot more than my PS4 now but gotta say theme matters a lot there too
I play NBA because I like basketball and I buy VR games that scare me
When Star Wars comes out people aren't lining up to buy it just because it's a sight unseen Steve Ritchie pin. It's 100% theme right now

Star wars is speculation. Are you holding back on your fellow pinsider friends....lol

#109 6 years ago

I'm done commencing in my thread for today... carry on fellow pinside worriers!

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Im curious why the F*#& you even made this thread then? Its obvious you don't care for what ACDC has going on.
Seems like just another JJP fanboy thready to me.

Get over it...lol

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

The fanboy is the person who owns two different versions of Aerosmith.

Wouldn't waste my time on Aerosmith.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Radrog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-remake-or-dialed-in?tu=Radrog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.