(Topic ID: 189439)

AC/DC remake premium or Dialed In premium?

By Radrog

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“AC/DC or Dialed In?”

• AC/DC 113 votes
    37%
  • Dialed In 189 votes
    63%

(302 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6E701BEB-8F51-4593-9D29-374D65B25B75 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
IMG_0742 (resized).JPG
yo-dawg-dialed-in-so-it-can-take-pictures-of-you-taking-pictures-of-your-pictures (resized).jpg
There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 6 years ago

Have an AC/DC premium and played yesterday a Dialed in for first time. Was blown away with it. Played excellent, good looking, many things on the playfield.

But the two pins are so different it's hard to compare. AC/DC is rush and adrenaline and the theme really helps if you are an AC/DC fan. DI is more about a lot to do on the playfield and keep your eyes wide open. Both are great fun in a different way.

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

I love my AC/DC. No one is getting mine. Ever!
That said, if I was buying today and given the choice, I would not hesitate to buy Dialed In! I just played about 25 games of Dialed In! today. It is a masterpiece. A complete work of art. Lightning fast and buttery smooth. Simply put. It was the most fun I've ever had playing a pinball machine and kept me coming back for more.
If I had to own one game Dialed In! would be it.

Interesting hat I should quote myself. AC/DC is gone. WOZ and DI are coming.

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Interesting hat I should quote myself. AC/DC is gone. WOZ and DI are coming.

Lol. Great choices. I own acdc premium and a woz. Acdc is my favorite all time band, so I don't see selling my pin. Its an adrenaline rush, but does get a little boring with basically doing the same thing for 12 songs. That said, my jjp games blow it away in most ways imo. I think DI will keep your interest longer than acdc. I would love a DI someday. I'm really considering it over my dream theme star wars right now to.

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Lol. Great choices. I own acdc premium and a woz. Acdc is my favorite all time band, so I don't see selling my pin. Its an adrenaline rush, but does get a little boring with basically doing the same thing for 12 songs. That said, my jjp games blow it away in most ways imo. I think DI will keep your interest longer than acdc. I would love a DI someday. I'm really considering it over my dream theme star wars right now to.

Agreed... in the end these toys are made to play and enjoy.... i think jjp pins are great and di has so many magnets, toys and lights that the play interaction is amazing . While stern pins are fun they all feel the same and tend to get stale pretty fast for me which is why i perfer the b/w pins with lots of toy and mechanical interaction. .

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Agreed... in the end these toys are made to play and enjoy.... i think jjp pins are great and di has so many magnets, toys and lights that the play interaction is amazing . While stern pins are fun they all feel the same and tend to get stale pretty fast for me which is why i perfer the b/w pins with lots of toy and mechanical interaction. .

I could have not said this any better.

3 months later
#206 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

I like Dialed In by just the utube vids. I never got this excited over a pin. I never felt that way over AC/DC. And besides, the market is flooded now with AC/DC. Can pick one up for cheap in the future 2nd hand.

Clearly the anti-Stern, Sterns are cheap bias is strong with you, so I'm not sure why you even started this thread.

AC/DC Premium is 5 years old now and it has held its value better than other other Premium to date, so good luck "picking one up for cheap in the future". I think it's much more likely we'll be picking up Dialed Ins for cheap in the future, but who knows.

Enjoy your new pin!

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Clearly the anti-Stern, Sterns are cheap bias is strong with you, so I'm not sure why you even started this thread.
AC/DC Premium is 5 years old now and it has held its value better than other other Premium to date, so good luck "picking one up for cheap in the future". I think it's much more likely we'll be picking up Dialed Ins for cheap in the future, but who knows.
Enjoy your new pin!

They seem to be coming down now bc of the ve model ...along with many other pins. People want the new stuff like potc, di, remakes and Houdini.

#208 6 years ago

I have a dialed in and a ac/dc coming. DI is great, maybe the best of all time. Ac/dc is still fantastic and a top 10 game. Can't go wrong with either or both.

#209 6 years ago

I have both of these pins, and they are very different from each other....hard to even compare or choose...they are both great pins....yes DI is much better built and is loaded with features/toys, but its also $2K more than the AC/DC premium....

1 week later
#210 6 years ago

I finally got my ACDC Premium and it is a fantastic game. I had played it out in the wild and a few times at friends houses, but it is perfect in the home collection. I have a DI LE also, this is a tough choice. Both great and both super fun. I voted DI, but man after getting some time on my ACDC pre it is a tough choice.

#211 6 years ago

Both!

6E701BEB-8F51-4593-9D29-374D65B25B75 (resized).jpeg6E701BEB-8F51-4593-9D29-374D65B25B75 (resized).jpeg

#212 6 years ago

Your lineup is the textbook definition of quality over quantity

#213 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Thanks! Unfortunately I only have room for four pins

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Thanks! Unfortunately I only have room for four pins

Your bank account thanks you

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

You are right! Those are probably my 4 favorite games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-remake-or-dialed-in/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.