(Topic ID: 189439)

AC/DC remake premium or Dialed In premium?

By Radrog

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“AC/DC or Dialed In?”

• AC/DC 113 votes
    37%
  • Dialed In 189 votes
    63%

(302 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6E701BEB-8F51-4593-9D29-374D65B25B75 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
IMG_0742 (resized).JPG
yo-dawg-dialed-in-so-it-can-take-pictures-of-you-taking-pictures-of-your-pictures (resized).jpg
There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.
#101 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

....again in my humble opinion a licensed theme meams nothing too me. It's in the game play. I want good game play and less themes. My humble opinion only so please don't turn my thread in to a theme issue.

Too you it means nothing. The fact for most and overall better sales THEME matters and in my humble opinion DI theme sucks

#102 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Too you it means nothing. The fact for most and overall better sales THEME matters and in my humble opinion DI theme sucks

I value your opinion. Game play rules. In PS4 is there themes that are any good.... No, it's game play!

#103 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's probably because thousands of people already have an Ac/dc premium so the remake isn't that appealing.
Nobody has a DI yet.
If you like to play pinball, and you've got some excellent pin choices, then to limit it JJP isn't too smart is it.
But with 3 daughters myself, I get why you might like DI.

This definitely happens. The next pin is always the best. Lol. Lots of acdc owners have probably had their fill with it and are more interested in the next game. I'm in that boat. I voted DI simply because I'm a little bored with my acdc. Still won't sell it, but would rather have DI.

#104 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

I value your opinion. Game play rules. In PS4 is there themes that are any good.... No, it's game play!

Was Grand Theft Auto a theme..... No.... It's the highest selling game on consol of all time.

#105 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

I play my pins a lot more than my PS4 now but gotta say theme matters a lot there too

I play NBA because I like basketball and I buy VR games that scare me

When Star Wars comes out people aren't lining up to buy it just because it's a sight unseen Steve Ritchie pin. It's 100% theme right now

#106 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Was Grand Theft Auto a theme..... No.... It's the highest selling game on consol of all time.

In fact it was a very cool theme. DI is a theme too, just a bad original one

#107 6 years ago

Aliens is about to start. Im sitting in the movie because I love theme.

Be back later

#108 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I play my pins a lot more than my PS4 now but gotta say theme matters a lot there too
I play NBA because I like basketball and I buy VR games that scare me
When Star Wars comes out people aren't lining up to buy it just because it's a sight unseen Steve Ritchie pin. It's 100% theme right now

Star wars is speculation. Are you holding back on your fellow pinsider friends....lol

#109 6 years ago

I'm done commencing in my thread for today... carry on fellow pinside worriers!

#110 6 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Based on price acdc...based on theme acdc ...sad dialed in could have been great. It could have been saved with an art overhaul like hobbit and playfield tweaks. Just think if it had better art and name. Then replace the geico flo with a bad guy to fight. Sad I believe it will be a very low numbered run.

Jack said they've sold over 1000 already, and he expects to sell another 1000 while making that first 1000. It's going to do great.

#111 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree with Tiger except that it's JJPs next pin that should do great based on theme leaks
The fact is non licensed themes don't sell well today
This one won't be an exception outside of the hard core pinball fan. Limited sales
I applaud taking the chance but....

Damn, dude, enough with the faux knowledge on DI sales. You're pulling these statements out of your butt. Like I said, Jack personally told me they've already sold over 1000, and he's projecting 1000 more just while they make the first 1000. 2000 pins at the START for ANY theme is GREAT in the 21st century. We're not in the 80's or 90's.

Dialed In will sell fine, and once more people play it, I expect it to be in even higher demand. It's a great pin (although I have no idea what Pat was thinking on the headphone jack placement - THAT is stupid).

#112 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

In fact it was a very cool theme. DI is a theme too, just a bad original one

Theme alone does not dictate pin greatness. And, once you PLAY the pin, you soon realize that it's more of a disaster theme and the cell phone is only one element. Players on route will love this pin, and it's deep enough that it will do great for home, too. I think TH was a stumble after the greatness of WoZ, but Dialed In is a strong return to form for JJP.

#113 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Jack said they've sold over 1000 already, and he expects to sell another 1000 while making that first 1000. It's going to do great.

Jack is NOT the pillar of truth by any stretch

Always tells people what they want to hear

And I never said THEME is all that determined greatness. Just an important factor

Let's see what happens. I expect a group of pin enthusiasts to love it like any pin

In addition pricing is going to be a big factor also in slowing sales

I paid $6500 for my Woz. I don't believe there are 2000 buyers of DI pins over $8k

Unless the trend continues of dumping Hobbit and others to pay for it

#114 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Theme alone does not dictate pin greatness. And, once you PLAY the pin, you soon realize that it's more of a disaster theme and the cell phone is only one element. Players on route will love this pin, and it's deep enough that it will do great for home, too. I think TH was a stumble after the greatness of WoZ, but Dialed In is a strong return to form for JJP.

Yep some of the top pins are original themes.... gameplay is what matters most at least to me.

#115 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Dialed In is on another level then the other JJP games; and is an incredible shooter; just needs to code finished off right because it could be a 9.5 if done right

Gotta say that I think Derek is on point with this game. Could not stand the theme but the game play is out of this world.

#116 6 years ago

I prob should vote ACDC cuz I've had it for 5 years and still love it - but - we have no idea what the Vault Premium will look like or if Stern's QC issues will be taken care of. If I was making a decision today, it would prob be Dialed In - you just get more for your money with a JJP game right now.

#117 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

They did listen with TH at expo, i still dropped out because of all the delays and lies.
Should have listened on this one, maybe Lawlor just being stubborn.

I'm glad they didn't listen to the feedback. Dialed In! is Lawlor's creation and when you see this game in person you can tell - it just feels like a Lawlor game. I has that same fun vibe that games like Whirlwind and Funhouse have - it's colorful and bright and lighthearted. If they had changed it because of the feedback it would be something else and it probably would have been delayed like TH was.

Quoted from iceman44:

When JJP can actually announce a pin and ship it a month later like they promised they might actually provide some competition one day.

Hey, look, they're working on it. WOZ and TH were delayed for years. Jack said production on DI would start in Q2. It's Q2 and production has started - give credit where it's due.

Quoted from iceman44:

Jack is NOT the pillar of truth by any stretch
Always tells people what they want to hear...I don't believe there are 2000 buyers of DI pins over $8k

If you have been paying attention on here and at shows, you would know that this is going to sell well. Heaps of people on here have been saying they are going to buy it. Even people who were dead against the theme when it was revealed have changed their minds after they played it. The game just has a magical quality about it, it's modern with the crisp screen animations and sparkling RGB light show and yet it's very nostalgic because it feels like a Bally/Williams Lawlor game.

Furthermore, it has the new cabinet and a tonne of other improvements that they have learnt from their last 2 games and the extended testing time. It's just a solidly built, fun title and will sell because of that alone. Add all the other stuff and it should do really well.

#118 6 years ago

Everything remains to be seen Solarvalue

I love Lawlor pins too so I don't doubt it will be fun to play. I just don't want to own it. And I've watched plenty of streams to know enough

As for how it will sell, let's see, there are hardcore lovers like you and I don't see that pool being that big

Pricing is WAY out of control and I doubt people have made the leap to say $8400 and $9400 is the new standard in terms of selling thousands of pins

If I'm paying those bucks I'm waiting for the next one up. Sometimes it good to exercise patience

Bond 007 would get my $$$

#119 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Hey, look, they're working on it. WOZ and TH were delayed for years. Jack said production on DI would start in Q2. It's Q2 and production has started - give credit where it's due.

Big thumbs up for this. JJP is on target with where they said they would be. Night and day difference from WOZ and TH. Big time complements to JJP for being on time and releasing game three just one year after game two...JJP is getting where they need to be.

#120 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Everything remains to be seen Solarvalue
I love Lawlor pins too so I don't doubt it will be fun to play. I just don't want to own it. And I've watched plenty of streams to know enough
As for how it will sell, let's see, there are hardcore lovers like you and I don't see that pool being that big
Pricing is WAY out of control and I doubt people have made the leap to say $8400 and $9400 is the new standard in terms of selling thousands of pins
If I'm paying those bucks I'm waiting for the next one up. Sometimes it good to exercise patience
Bond 007 would get my $$$

I think the 8-10k pool is bigger than u think..... look at mmrle, afmrle, bat66le/sle, wozrr/le, thle. Plus lots of b/w titles sell for 7500 -8500 pretty regularly.

#121 6 years ago

DI looks and plays with potential and could be great!

Maybe folks did preorder 1000 of them but I just don't know anyone in the whole ATL area that preordered one and I know a lot of people.

#122 6 years ago

ac/dc and no dialed in for me.

I cant get past the guy holding the cell phone and the theme, at Allentown I didn't even care to go play it and I own a woz rr.

to me it seems like a mess of things, drones, cell phones, sim city, selfies, a guy holding lightning bolts over his head like a la drac trac, play it with your cell phone (wgaf).

to me it seems like a mess. the art makes me want to puke I just cant stand looking at it.

many people like me wanted an unlicensed theme and we got what we asked for, just not my cup of tea.

#123 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I cant get past the guy holding the cell phone and the theme, at Allentown I didn't even care to go play it and I own a woz rr.
to me it seems like a mess of things, drones, cell phones, sim city, selfies, a guy holding lightning bolts over his head like a la drac trac, play it with your cell phone (wgaf).
to me it seems like a mess. the art makes me want to puke I just cant stand looking at it.
many people like me wanted an unlicensed theme and we got what we asked for, just not my cup of tea.

Many felt the same until they played it.... then it all comes together and makes since . Many original themes and some licensed onrs are odd until u play them . Then you see/hear the world under glass come together to make pinball magic like the designer's intended. At least give it a few plays if u get a chance again.

#124 6 years ago

I voted DI, what's wrong with a theme of trying to save a city from crises?

On the other hand I can't do AC DC don't want hell word in household and devil horns either.

#125 6 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Star wars is speculation. Are you holding back on your fellow pinsider friends....lol

Star wars is not speculation.

#126 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Damn, dude, enough with the faux knowledge on DI sales. You're pulling these statements out of your butt. Like I said, Jack personally told me they've already sold over 1000, and he's projecting 1000 more just while they make the first 1000. 2000 pins at the START for ANY theme is GREAT in the 21st century. We're not in the 80's or 90's.
Dialed In will sell fine, and once more people play it, I expect it to be in even higher demand. It's a great pin (although I have no idea what Pat was thinking on the headphone jack placement - THAT is stupid).

It crack me up that you believe everything that comes out of Jacks mouth.....lol

#127 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I voted DI, what's wrong with a theme of trying to save a city from crises?
On the other hand I can't do AC DC don't want hell word in household and devil horns either.

Better not turn on the TV in your house these days either.

#128 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

TZ comes to mind as a similar game that on the surface looks like a mess of things - slot machine, gumball machine, piano, rockets, robots, etc. Great game. I find it fun exploring a game like that and seeing what everything is about. Many of my favorite games and ones I own I first thought were no good until I played them. I see no reason to at least try a new game bad theme or not.

#129 6 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

People lament the art on ACDC, but DI is much worse looking IMHO.

Rob

#130 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I really don't understand why people don't like the art on DI: hand-drawn Art by John Youssi, bright primary colors and lots of fun little details. Does everyone really hate tucked-in shirts that much?

#131 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

I really don't understand why people don't like the art on DI: hand-drawn Art by John Youssi, bright primary colors and lots of fun little details. Does everyone really hate tucked-in shirts that much?

Yes. lol. It's just a weird combo of something contemporary (cell phones) with an early 90's aesthetic. They would have been better off with more contemporary art and a "cooler" main character. It screams "made by old people who are pretending to understand what young people think is cool".

#132 6 years ago

Neither here...I don't like band themed pins, and PLAYED DI as much as I could stand at expo. Hope they sell many, but no way I'd every consider owning it. Theme does play a part, and for me, not going to happen ( love my WOZ, still their best game to date)....I'm just one guy, so that's one more for someone who likes it.

#133 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yes. lol. It's just a weird combo of something contemporary (cell phones) with an early 90's aesthetic. They would have been better off with more contemporary art and a "cooler" main character. It screams "made by old people who are pretending to understand what young people think is cool".

I like the art and theme. Maybe I'm just old at heart.

I can't wait to get mine.

#134 6 years ago

The art on DI is horrendous except for the side changes in the back box

IF this theme was a James Bond Lawlor it would be a grand F ing slam

It's not and it will only sell within our small community

#135 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

Agreed. Might be worst art on any pin ever

#136 6 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

It crack me up that you believe everything that comes out of Jacks mouth.....lol

Point is, even if you discount it by 50%, that's still over 1000, which was the lifetime sales iceman44 said it wouldn't achieve.

#137 6 years ago

Another thing that is not insignificant are the magnet differences with Stern and JJP

One magnet on a Stern pin is equivalent to about 5 on JJP since they can't use the larger design

Since they "tested" it for months I hope the magnet wear issue has been fixed

The most overblown fake news issue EVER is the omg the build quality is sensational

It's all in the game play right?

#138 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Nail on the head....a lot of people played it at expo, but many walked away quickly. No where near the cool factor that TZ has. Selfie capable and Cell phone ( it IS a major toy/ component, even if the game is taking you elsewhere) on a pinball? Not a chance....

#139 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Point is, even if you discount it by 50%, that's still over 1000, which was the lifetime sales iceman44 said it wouldn't achieve.

Dude, they aren't even rolling off the line yet and the jury is still out.

But hey, I'm sure Jack has already sold about 5k of these

#140 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Real #'s are hard to come by for this very reason......I think Ice's prediction is closer than you think...time will tell. Hope they do sell a lot, as the machines are beautiful and built well, but seriously doubt it...

#141 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Dude, they aren't even rolling off the line yet and the jury is still out.
But hey, I'm sure Jack has already sold about 5k of these

Great redirect. Back to the point. Jack said nothing about 5000.

You said it Dialed In wouldn't even sell 1000. Jack says it's already sold more than that and at the current rate will sell 1000 more before the first 1000 are done. Even discounting what he says by 50%, it's STILL around/over your lifetime number already.

Given that you haven't even played Dialed In or Houdini, it's weird that you're somehow an expert on both.

#142 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You said it Dialed In wouldn't even sell 1000. Jack says it's already sold more than that and at the current rate will sell 1000 more before the first 1000 are done.

So you're holding Gomez to the broken code timeline process....will you hold Jack accountable if the real #'s don't pan out?

You really provide valuable content on occasion, but then come up with very sketchy logic at times. No way in hell anybody knows how many DI's are going to be actually bought...FACT.

Seems your holding Ice's feet to the fire for some reason on this # game. Not speaking for him, but doubt if he gives a shit...root for the game if you want, but don't discount others input that differs from yours ( I like Jack, JJP, Lloyd , etc.), but do not like the game...played it a lot at expo....anxious to see what they offer next....no biggie...

#143 6 years ago

Same 2 or 3 people with the fight against dialed in and jjp ..... lmao.

#144 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Another thing that is not insignificant are the magnet differences with Stern and JJP
One magnet on a Stern pin is equivalent to about 5 on JJP since they can't use the larger design
Since they "tested" it for months I hope the magnet wear issue has been fixed
The most overblown fake news issue EVER is the omg the build quality is sensational
It's all in the game play right?

Same magnet cores and playfield cutouts for the magnets have been used forever and have worked just fine . I suspect in home use there will be no wear especially if taken care of properly . Stern is the only ones who have changed this on the past few pins by adding a 2in metal ring around the core.

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You said it Dialed In wouldn't even sell 1000. Jack says it's already sold more than that and at the current rate will sell 1000 more before the first 1000 are done. Even discounting what he says by 50%, it's STILL around/over your lifetime number already.
Given that you haven't even played Dialed In or Houdini, it's weird that you're somehow an expert on both.

I'm an expert on Jack lying so i'll say it again, it won't sell 1000 pins.

Did you watch the ridiculous roll out at expo?

Star Wars will crush it and IF Alien can ever ship in quantity it will be what's up next time for JJP real fast.

#146 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Nail on the head....a lot of people played it at expo, but many walked away quickly. No where near the cool factor that TZ has. Selfie capable and Cell phone ( it IS a major toy/ component, even if the game is taking you elsewhere) on a pinball? Not a chance....

Tz was not well received when released and now is a very sought after pin. Ive seen lots people come around on di after playing and suspect many others will also once it gets in homes.

#147 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Same magnet cores and playfield cutouts for the magnets have been used forever and have worked just fine . I suspect in home use there will be no wear especially if taken care of properly . Stern is the only ones who have changed this on the past few pins by adding a 2in metal ring around the core.

MUCH better. Since TWD btw. And JJP can't do it.

Same crowd defending JJP. Lmao!

Bottom line, Stern will sell thousands more pinball machines in 2017 than JJP. For good reason.

#148 6 years ago

Ice must be tuned in bc hes super annoying on this sat night.......

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ice must be tuned in bc hes super annoying on this sat night.......

Yeah the Spurs lost tonight. And i hate LeBron too.

#150 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

MUCH better. Since TWD btw. And JJP can't do it.
Same crowd defending JJP. Lmao!

Yep so much better ...... ive never had any issues with the old design ? So its really not better as ive still seen wear around the new designed ones?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-remake-or-dialed-in/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.