New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 189439)

AC/DC remake premium or Dialed In premium?

By Radrog

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 215 posts
  • 67 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by woody76
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“AC/DC or Dialed In?”

• AC/DC 112 votes
    37%
  • Dialed In 189 votes
    63%

(301 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6E701BEB-8F51-4593-9D29-374D65B25B75 (resized).jpeg
maxresdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_0743 (resized).JPG
IMG_0742 (resized).JPG
yo-dawg-dialed-in-so-it-can-take-pictures-of-you-taking-pictures-of-your-pictures (resized).jpg

There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 3 years ago

Choose..

#2 3 years ago

AC/DC.

I love Lawlor pins, but the theme and complexity kills it for me.

#3 3 years ago

If price were the same I'd grab Dialled in. But $6700 for a NIB AC/DC premium is too good to pass up. Grab DI used next year for a substantial savings and enjoy the bonus of mature code!

#4 3 years ago

I Love AC/DC, but wait for the premium.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Grab DI used next year for a substantial savings and enjoy the bonus of mature code!

DI Code is mature now.

#6 3 years ago

I'm leaning on DI. Stern is killing the market for AC/DC..... and besides. I own WOZ and Hobbit.

#7 3 years ago

Will it have the Spike System in it?
Will it be LED'd or incandescent?
Anyone have that info?
Will Stern keep the wooden backbox on this or use the new metal one?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Will it have the Spike System in it?
Will it be LED'd or incandescent?
Anyone have that info?
Will Stern keep the wooden backbox on this or use the new metal one?

Good questions. It doesn't matter at this point. Stern looking at $$$ so it'll most likely be the biggest profit for them what ever they do. This hobby used to be a money maker in time. Not any more!
For HUO

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

DI Code is mature now.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to insinuate the code was weak. I guess a better choice of words would be "closer to final" code! Can't wait to pick one up someday.

#10 3 years ago

Dialed in and it's not even close

#11 3 years ago

I Never really liked ac/dc near as much as other Lyman coded pins.
Can't wait to play Dialed In, but given I also do not really enjoy WOZ or the Hobbit I need to play DI before buying.
I voted Dialed In as I would not buy ac/dc.

#12 3 years ago

Dialed In is on another level then the other JJP games; and is an incredible shooter; just needs to code finished off right because it could be a 9.5 if done right

#13 3 years ago

Sold my highly modded acdc luci and dont miss it at all. Dile is a great playing pin with tons going on and is gonna be amazing in home use imo, especially set up correctly. I love that its original theme and not a band or licenced pin.

#14 3 years ago

Price is what it is.That being said , the ACDC Premium is more Bang for the Buck at thousands less.
The new shiny toy is not always best.

#15 3 years ago

Acdc is great, but I'd rather have a DI at this point. DI is much more diverse and will last longer I think.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Price is what it is.That being said , the ACDC Premium is more Bang for the Buck at thousands less.

Standard DI is 8k, that's only 1200-1300 more and worth every penny. I own acdc premium and both jjp games. It's worth the extra money.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Agreed. DI will be on sale in a year or so ala Hobbit if you want it.

Tried and true versus maybe fun but horrible theme.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Standard DI is 8k, that's only 1200-1300 more and worth every penny. I own acdc premium and both jjp games. It's worth the extra money.

You still have to pay for shipping so tack on another whatever it is.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed. DI will be on sale in a year or so ala Hobbit if you want it.
Tried and true versus maybe fun but horrible theme.

Or ala BM66.

#20 3 years ago

Id bet by the time the premiums are made in 6 months that they will be around 7k which is not much more than they are now considering most have color dmd and lots of other nice upgrades.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not necessarily ..... u can pick it up at the factory or a show .

#22 3 years ago

Stern Premium is $7,699 MSRP, so what's street price? $7200?
Dialed In! standard is $8000.

#23 3 years ago

Both my jjp games came from automated and shipping was included. 8k will get a game to your door.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Both my jjp games came from automated and shipping was included. 8k will get a game to your door.

It's a bargain then, go get it.

#25 3 years ago

Can't go wrong with either machine

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It's a bargain then, go get it.

Was simply stating as a fair comparison for op to consider, both price points should be with shipping. Sorry, sounded like you were insinuating that DI was even more expensive due to shipping not included, and that's not accurate.

Regardless op, I love my acdc, but DI would be more interesting IMO.

#27 3 years ago

Doesn't matter which one you get; just don't post pictures of it on every thread. We know what they look like.

(But my real opinion is that they're both great games, but DI is too early to tell because it's too early in its development.)

#28 3 years ago

Dialed In by a mile. The build quality, sound, game play, programming, etc. The list continues. JJP games are rock solid. Plus, Pats behind the wheel on this one. It will become a top 5 game. It's very fun.

#29 3 years ago

Take a chance on something outside of the top-25.

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Take a chance on something outside of the top-25.

Never again. I'm going to only own pins in the top 25!

#31 3 years ago

I just watched some utube videos of Dialed In. My opinions are that it makes AC/DC look cheap (plastic ramps and cheap looking art work and etc.). I'm definitely buying Dialed In. Pat Lowler Rocks!

#32 3 years ago

Having played Dialed In finally, it's an easy choice. Dialed In by a MILE.

#33 3 years ago

yo-dawg-dialed-in-so-it-can-take-pictures-of-you-taking-pictures-of-your-pictures (resized).jpg

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Pat Lowler Rocks!

So does Pat Lawler.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

So does Pat Lawler.

Oh ya, that guy also!

#36 3 years ago

I thought it was silly at first but now I'm really liking dialled in. Also will be much more unique than AC/DC so it gets my vote.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree but AcDc needs a Color DMD so that's $7000 vs $8400.

I think both will be great choices.

I have yet to play DI so I can't say but AcDc premium is one of my favorites and I wish DI was not so goofy (phone theme etc.)

#38 3 years ago

DI without a question.

#39 3 years ago

Its hard to compare a classic (ACDC prem) with a game that hasn't shipped yet (DI). That said ACDC is my favorite game and my wife's favorite game also and it gets the most plays in our collection. I have played DI, I own the other 2 JJP games and may get a DI eventually. The game play of DI is fun but no one knows how it will stand the test of time and callouts like "charge the phone" don't do anything for me. My advice would be to save some money and get ACDC prem. It will likely hold its value well and you can always sell later and get a DI if it isn't for you.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Its hard to compare a classic (ACDC prem) with a game that hasn't shipped yet (DI). That said ACDC is my favorite game and my wife's favorite game also and it gets the most plays in our collection. I have played DI, I own the other 2 JJP games and may get a DI eventually. The game play of DI is fun but no one knows how it will stand the test of time and callouts like "charge the phone" don't do anything for me. My advice would be to save some money and get ACDC prem. It will likely hold its value well and you can always sell later and get a DI if it isn't for you.

Thanks for your advice. I also enjoy playing AC/DC Lucy. JJ games are far better built and etc. then any Stern to date. I have made up my mind and going to purchase Dialed In without even playing it. It looks different (outside the box) and that is what I need in my line up. Besides I already own TH and WOZ. Might as well keep the JJ collection whole.

#41 3 years ago

Good choice!!

#42 3 years ago

Awesome classic rock & roll vs a cell phone

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyd044:

Awesome classic rock & roll vs a cell phone

Ya, but the cell phone is magical!

#44 3 years ago

Based on price acdc...based on theme acdc ...sad dialed in could have been great. It could have been saved with an art overhaul like hobbit and playfield tweaks. Just think if it had better art and name. Then replace the geico flo with a bad guy to fight. Sad I believe it will be a very low numbered run.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Based on price acdc...based on theme acdc ...sad dialed in could have been great. It could have been saved with an art overhaul like hobbit and playfield tweaks. Just think if it had better art and name. Then replace the geico flo with a bad guy to fight. Sad I believe it will be a very low numbered run.

I like Dialed In by just the utube vids. I never got this excited over a pin. I never felt that way over AC/DC. And besides, the market is flooded now with AC/DC. Can pick one up for cheap in the future 2nd hand.

#46 3 years ago

Only had the chance to play DI once at TPF so not enough time on it to say it plays as good or better than AC/DC. But a smart person would wait and see what changes come on the AC/DC premium this fall and then decide. DI is different but think it can be picked up cheaper in a year from now. It may be a fun game but the theme is WEAK....no fixing that.

But for someone that doesn't care about money buy a DI now if they are shipping. Hopefully they can produce them faster so people are not waiting months for delivery of a game like WOZ and TH. That is the big problem with buying JJP early in a release. If you don't like it sell it. You can then grab an AC/DC or whatever the new hot flavor of the month is.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from Radrog:

Pat Lowler Rocks!

Quoted from beelzeboob:

So does Pat Lawler.

Yes, but not as much as Pat Lawlor

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Only had the chance to play DI once at TPF so not enough time on it to say it plays as good or better than AC/DC. But a smart person would wait and see what changes come on the AC/DC premium this fall and then decide. DI is different but think it can be picked up cheaper in a year from now. It may be a fun game but the theme is WEAK....no fixing that.
But for someone that doesn't care about money buy a DI now if they are shipping. Hopefully they can produce them faster so people are not waiting months for delivery of a game like WOZ and TH. That is the big problem with buying JJP early in a release. If you don't like it sell it. You can then grab an AC/DC or whatever the new hot flavor of the month is.

I'm not a theme type person. I'm a pin player type person. DI in my humble opinion is a no brainer. Challenging and flow. Objectives and magnets and etc. Can't wait to own it.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from mfresh:

Yes, but not as much as Pat Lawlor

Agreed!

#50 3 years ago

Can't wait to try Dialed In! We had ac/dc and really no desire to buy the remake. No contest Dialed In.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Miami Beach, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
There are 215 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside