You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-186.jpg
image-41.jpg
image-930.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Here is a set of 5 inch tall horns for the top of the backbox of your ACDC pinball machine. They are hooked to the pop bumpers, you will find the pop bumper flashers are activated many different times during gameplay. Even when they are not lit up it adds a bit more coolness to your machine. They will be posted tomorrow on http://mezelmods.com

image-930.jpgimage-930.jpg

#2 9 years ago

How much will they be?

#3 9 years ago

Thats's cool!

#4 9 years ago

Kristin will post it on our site today. I don't like to post prices because sometimes we change them over time. They may go up or down depending on many factors she has in her secret spreadsheet.

#5 9 years ago

Stomp once if it is under $25 shipped. Cough twice if it is less than $40. Clearing your throat means $50.

#7 9 years ago

When are they going up for sale? I wanna get mine ordered.

#8 9 years ago

Pic with topper, I got the it looks cool from my buddy.

image-41.jpgimage-41.jpg

#9 9 years ago

Very nice, just ordered one

#10 9 years ago

Buy this week (prior to July 7) and take advantage of our sitewide sale- 10% off everything.

#11 9 years ago

Production in full force

image-186.jpgimage-186.jpg

#12 9 years ago

Wish there was a way to use this on GORGAR....would go well! Looks cool man.

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

Wish there was a way to use this on GORGAR....would go well! Looks cool man.

you can. It's just hooked to a flash bulb. There is a flashbulb circuit on Gorgar.

#14 9 years ago

Love the horns. I am going to have to get a set.

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

you can. It's just hooked to a flash bulb. There is a flashbulb circuit on Gorgar.

Oh there is?? I didn't know.....I'm not sure how this would work either. It would be cool tied into the pops since they get a lot of action....but they don't "flash" for the effect.

#16 9 years ago

Now that's a great topper.

#17 9 years ago

Oh there is?? I didn't know.....I'm not sure how this would work either. It would be cool tied into the pops since they get a lot of action....but they don't "flash" for the effect.

Read up on the CFTBL pop bumper mod. With just a couple of diodes you can hook up any flashbulb to pop bumper coils and get them to flash with the pops.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Read up on the CFTBL pop bumper mod. With just a couple of diodes you can hook up any flashbulb to pop bumper coils and get them to flash with the pops.

I'll look into that....appreciated!

#19 9 years ago

Ordered a couple AC/DC things today. Looking forward to checking out your products.

chris

#20 9 years ago

Hmmm....I looked into the "CFTBL MOD" for the pops but it was more like just connecting them to the lightning bolt flasher inserts in the middle of the pops....doesn't seem to coincide with GORGAR. Maybe Tmezel can figure something out....if so I'm a buyer for the MOD for my GORGAR.

#21 9 years ago

Hmmm....I looked into the "CFTBL MOD" for the pops but it was more like just connecting them to the lightning bolt flasher inserts in the middle of the pops....doesn't seem to coincide with GORGAR. Maybe Tmezel can figure something out....if so I'm a buyer for the MOD for my GORGAR.

Your best bet is to reach out to the Gorgar community or folks with system 6 games. You would need a 12v source. I could figure it out, I just don't have access to that game.

#22 9 years ago

Read this one

http://iobium.com/flashers_in_the_pop_bumpers.htm

It shows how to connect a new flashbulb and tie it to the coil on the pop bumper. CFTBL comes with no lamps in the pops, the mod is to put small 5V or 12V flashbulbs into the pop bumpers rather than just adding GI lamps. There is an individual lamp in each pop bumper that goes off when the bumper bumps.

Wiring it for Gorgar would be almost identical. You can even tie all 3 pop bumpers to cause the single flashlamp to go off when any of the pop bumpers are hit. (same as in the instructions only instead of wiring an individual lamp to each coil, wire the same lamp to all 3 coils using a diode for each)

#23 9 years ago

For the AC/DC horns. Where do the wires hook up for pops as shown in the video? What color wires to where?
Thank You
Andy

#24 9 years ago

Hooks to pop bumpers flashers, promise to get photos tomorrow. Red- positive, black - negative.

#25 9 years ago

Horns are Great and LOVE THAT TOPPER !!! Where the heck did you get that?

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Horns are Great and LOVE THAT TOPPER !!! Where the heck did you get that?

That's my buddy's topper and I think Laseriffic used to sell them.

#27 9 years ago

So what kind of connector would you need for the

Quoted from kbliznick:Read this one
http://iobium.com/flashers_in_the_pop_bumpers.htm
It shows how to connect a new flashbulb and tie it to the coil on the pop bumper. CFTBL comes with no lamps in the pops, the mod is to put small 5V or 12V flashbulbs into the pop bumpers rather than just adding GI lamps. There is an individual lamp in each pop bumper that goes off when the bumper bumps.
Wiring it for Gorgar would be almost identical. You can even tie all 3 pop bumpers to cause the single flashlamp to go off when any of the pop bumpers are hit. (same as in the instructions only instead of wiring an individual lamp to each coil, wire the same lamp to all 3 coils using a diode for each)

Ok- seeing if we might be able to do this.....

1 week later
#28 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Hooks to pop bumpers flashers, promise to get photos tomorrow. Red- positive, black - negative.

Have you had a chance to work on installation instructions yet? what's the best way to route the wires into the cabinet?

Thanks,
-K

#29 9 years ago

Eek! Tmezel, this must be done!!

1 month later
#30 9 years ago

Instructions are done, have been for awhile now.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Instructions are done, have been for awhile now.

Can you please add a link to the instructions or Pm a copy for me

Thanks,
K

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 12.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

16,500 (Firm)
$ 29.95

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-propremle-mod-lighted-horns-mezelmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.