New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 54979)

AC/DC, X-Men : Program modification - Proof of concept

By oga83

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by oga83
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tennis102.txt

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

C-Source and compile instructions added in the op

#52 7 years ago

On the dmd I'd like to see where I'm up to with mbs and other things, and a video mode. I wouldn't bother changing the songs - the inventors have got it pretty right and changing songs wont suit the toys/targets. A completely new pin with a good generic playfield, and with the ability to change sounds/music would be good.

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from DirtyDeeds:

On the dmd I'd like to see where I'm up to with mbs and other things, and a video mode. I wouldn't bother changing the songs - the inventors have got it pretty right and changing songs wont suit the toys/targets. A completely new pin with a good generic playfield, and with the ability to change sounds/music would be good.

Wow, that would be amazing, could you imagine a generic playfield, with easy to change lock in parts. You could make crazy combos and program for each. Buy 1 pin and get 4 different combos out of it. That would be something.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Wow, that would be amazing, could you imagine a generic playfield, with easy to change lock in parts. You could make crazy combos and program for each. Buy 1 pin and get 4 different combos out of it. That would be something.

http://www.multimorphic.com/

#55 7 years ago

I love this and applaud it. I'd be super excited for someone to code cool optional features that can be implemented to the game as easter eggs which would be really awesome.

#56 7 years ago

Arcade,

Just updated ROM (1.65 w/ three song mods) and have to say this is really cool and thanks for compiling and offering access.

Wish Stern would program all their songs into eight minute slots, and have enough space allocated to hold 12 studio songs, 12 live songs, an encore song and maybe a few free slots. This change would be a super friendly policy towards enthusiasts who wanted to swap out songs. While song would need to repeat itself until it timed out at end of time cycle, the trade off is that there would almost be no limit to replacement song choices. Eight minute allowance would cover most choices. This would also allow you to insert a song where you wanted since individual song space was no longer a constraint. Anybody know Lyman and could pass idea along?

#57 7 years ago

Stern had to pay to license each and every song.

Adding more songs would increase the licensing costs.

But on a game like Metallica, being able to swap out the super sucky songs (One, Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Unforgiven, Fuel and End of the Line) for good tracks is a godsend.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But on a game like Metallica, being able to swap out the super sucky songs (One, Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Unforgiven, Fuel and End of the Line) for good tracks is a godsend.

And there is probably no better band than Metallica to appreciate this option.

3 months later
#59 6 years ago

Excellent work!!!

Could you please re-upload tennis2.zip?

The link you provided is now dead.

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from ViolatedBird:

Could you please re-upload tennis2.zip?

Done !

3 months later
#61 6 years ago

Daft punk multiball on tron

1 year later
#62 5 years ago

Hi!
- Where do we download tennis102.txt from?
- Looks like both the linker and the compiler are dead links!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Mcpit:

Hi!
- Where do we download tennis102.txt from?
- Looks like both the linker and the compiler are dead links!

The OP has been updated

1 month later
#64 5 years ago

Hi mate,
The entire list of files on gnuarm.com is dead.
I'm guessing http://gnutoolchains.com/arm-elf/ could be a valid alternative?

#65 5 years ago
Quoted from Mcpit:

I'm guessing http://gnutoolchains.com/arm-elf/ could be a valid alternative?

Yes

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside