Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by hank527
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

#2 11 years ago

Was this the Pinball Ninja video that got taken down a month or so ago?

#3 11 years ago

Same one...

#4 11 years ago

yup I ripped it from youtube so if this gets pulled i will re up it.

#5 11 years ago

"Get yourself a T2 and listen to AC/DC on your headphones"

hahaha!

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Get yourself a T2 and listen to AC/DC on your headphones"

hahaha!

Really ? It is nothing like T2, Let it go man ..

Jim

#7 11 years ago

According to the guy in the video it is.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

GoneFishinLvMsg said:Get yourself a T2 and listen to AC/DC on your headphones"
    hahaha!
    Jim

Well i will say this.....It is like T2

ON PAPER! It plays nothing like it though......And even if it did T2 does not suck.

#9 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Ha, loved that at the end. Funny.

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

hahaha!
    Jim

Funny, after playing still more AC/DC, I still prefer T2. (And I even prefer T3 over T2)

#11 11 years ago

That is really stupid. The feel, even on the Pro, is nothing like T2. That's like comparing Tron to Funhouse.

Also, how can a review not show the color changing LEDs? One of the coolest features that makes every game around it look outdated is how it changes the GI from red to blue to white.

This is a terrible review that makes the game look really lame. I have no interest in AC/DC, but I like the Pro, and love the Premium and BIBLE (Haven't played LTBR yet).

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Virtua:

Also, how can a review not show the color changing LEDs? One of the coolest features that makes every game around it look outdated is how it changes the GI from red to blue to white.

He said it was an early prototype Premium. Maybe that feature hadn't been implemented yet.

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from Virtua:

True. AC/DC on headphones will be in stereo, whereas the pinball machine's audio is in mono with two midrange speakers, one of which is crossed over to play higher frequences of the same channel.

#14 11 years ago

I didn't realize pointing out similar shot layouts was stupid. I do apologise for my own stupidity of thinking shots on a game on an angled field with flippers were similar to a game of the same angled playfield style and similar looking shot layout.

I can see a lot of similarities on shot layouts on a lot of games.. I guess I'm REALLY stupid.

#15 11 years ago

I don't have a T2 so I can't compare. But I do think making a $5000+ piece of electronic equipment that pays homage to a popular band should not have 1-channel audio.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

hahaha!
    Jim

When I first saw the layout, I thought it looked just like t2.

#17 11 years ago

Although there are a lot of similarities to the layout, T2 is back in the stone ages compared to a modern Stern (from a software perspective). I do find it funny that Stern cleared the window of the lower playfield. I'm sure they did this as a cost cutting solution to damage from the cannon or so they won't have to replace scratched up windows. The bell looks very cool and the drop targets are a major plus IMHO. Color changes LEDs look cool.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

When I first saw the layout, I thought it looked just like t2.

I agree with that , I don't agree with the ipod and T2 statement .. After playing around 300 games I can tell everyone that AC/DC does not even come close to playing like a T2 !

AC/DC is a killer game .

This review is very premature !

Jim

#19 11 years ago

I think the review is fine it shows the pros and cons. I own one so i am not hating at all Like i said in the other thread; I brought up the Clearcoat issue before and got told by a few i had no idea what i was talking about. Even though i spray cars all the time. Is it that bad NOPE but it is a unforeseen reaction just like i said a month ago. Had there been a test spray this would have been caught.

I only posted this because so many missed out last time and well the rest got butt hurt over it. It is what it is and i think it highlights more positive things than negative.

#20 11 years ago

Why did it get taken down???

#21 11 years ago

It was meant to be on a paid private forum it got leaked. Its now public is all. These are the words right from Clay's mouth to my ear.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

I don't have a T2 so I can't compare. But I do think making a $5000+ piece of electronic equipment that pays homage to a popular band should not have 1-channel audio.

Exactly, the speakers look like cheap standard stock crappers....a music pin needs to blow it out!

I'd order a FF speaker kit for this one at least.....

This guy sure didn't like the game much, must not be an AC/DC fan...

#23 11 years ago

<blockquote
    AC/DC is a killer game .
    This review is very premature !
    Jim

YES SIR!

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

This guy sure didn't like the game much, must not be an AC/DC fan

We all know that you are a rainbow and unicorn type of guy .

Jim

#25 11 years ago

Am I the only one concerned about the play field windows after hearing BiB owners not completely happy with theirs?

I thought there was a recall and it was fixed.

#26 11 years ago

The recall referred to in the past (no idea if it was real, BTW), was all internal to Stern. Supposedly they didn't like playfields received and procured a new batch. Bad ones did not go into machines. All rumor.

Note that I have on of the early Texas machines, and I'm fine with the window. No, its not crystal clear, but I wouldn't call it foggy either.

#27 11 years ago

Can you take some close ups / pics of the window?

Quoted from PinCrush:

The recall referred to in the past (no idea if it was real, BTW), was all internal to Stern. Supposedly they didn't like playfields received and procured a new batch. Bad ones did not go into machines. All rumor.

Note that I have on of the early Texas machines, and I'm fine with the window. No, its not crystal clear, but I wouldn't call it foggy either.

#28 11 years ago

Not that you'd find useful. If the game lights are off, you can't see anything. If the lights are on, the dang LEDs blow out the photoreceptors on my camera. I've already tried.

#29 11 years ago

I think it would be interesting to compare the games that are out there. Not perfect I can understand, but I wonder how consistent they are.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

We all know that you are a rainbow and unicorn type of guy .

I love me some AC/DC tunes Jim! In fact, I might put the headphones on while I'm playing WOZ......Glad you are loving it, it looks cool....

I could go for a Margaritaville pin too though..

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

+1

I assumed it was.... oh well. It's still fun and there is room for future improvement.

And.. I ordered one of those little yellow posts to try if it drains a lot from the bell.

#32 11 years ago

I own all 3, ACDC Pro, ACDC BIB and T2. Nothing like T2. The Pro and the LE are different games. If you don't have the extra cash the Pro is a good buy. Go play both and do what your wallet can afford.

#33 11 years ago

The game looks fantastic--and I'm considering buying it--but I must say: that non-removable lower PF window is rather disconcerting (with respect to long-term ownership).

What a boneheaded decision that was.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

These are the words right from Clay's mouth to my ear.

Then you might want to let Clay know that the window between the playfields doesn't look hazy at all in the video. Even with the horrible fluorescent lighting above. The original video got pulled before I saw it. If that's supposed to be an example of a hazy playfield, I suggest using a better camera next time. I don't see any haze at all.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I brought up the Clearcoat issue before and got told by a few i had no idea what i was talking about. Even though i spray cars all the time.

Rather than going back to Black Hole, I suggest you (and Clay) look at a WPT. AC/DC isn't the first time they've put a non-removable window in the middle of the playfield. The window on my previously routed WPT with thousands of plays is still crystal clear. It's on at least it's second (clear) upper playfield.

Also, there's lots of ways to do a review of a game, but there's one thing that should never be omitted. There should always be at least some talk about gameplay. There was virtually no talk about gameplay in that video. That's not a review. More of a comparison of the two versions of the games. Appreciate the effort, but the execution needs some work.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

AkumaZeto said:These are the words right from Clay's mouth to my ear.
    Then you might want to let Clay know that the window between the playfields doesn't look hazy at all in the video. Even with the horrible fluorescent lighting above. The original video got pulled before I saw it. If that's supposed to be an example of a hazy playfield, I suggest using a better camera next time. I don't see any haze at all.
    AkumaZeto said:I brought up the Clearcoat issue before and got told by a few i had no idea what i was talking about. Even though i spray cars all the time.
    Rather than going back to Black Hole, I suggest you (and Clay) look at a WPT. AC/DC isn't the first time they've put a non-removable window in the middle of the playfield. The window on my previously routed WPT with thousands of plays is still crystal clear. It's on at least it's second (clear) upper playfield.
    Also, there's lots of ways to do a review of a game, but there's one thing that should never be omitted. There should always be at least some talk about gameplay. There was virtually no talk about gameplay in that video. That's not a review. More of a comparison of the two versions of the games. Appreciate the effort, but the execution needs some work.

The only point i made was that I knew stern would not test the clear with lexan and see if there Clear would haze there brand of lexan no more. I dotn care i own the game i just posted this video for those that did not get to see it. Dont shoot me i didnt make it. The only point of video was to show what the Le has that the pro does not. This video was filmed over a month ago.

There seems to be a mis conception here on hazzy and chemical burn which is what it is. The Lexan started life clear. The shitty ass clear they use no doubt shop line aka omni reacted with the lexan.

You think Churchill at the request of Stern uses some high end PPG or DuPont stuff lol. Maybe they use House of Color clear with a massive flex agent in there. I will believe that when i see there down draft booth they get sprayed in.....oh wait there is always poo in the clear from stern.

#36 11 years ago

Actually that's a good point. Ive seen some WPT upper play fields that were scratched to hell, but the lower plexi looked great. If the can figure out how to make WPT crystal clear I think we should expect that from acdc.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from jalpert:

If the can figure out how to make WPT crystal clear I think we should expect that from acdc.

Both Steve Ritchie games. Go figure.

#38 11 years ago

The haze is the smoke from all the fires burning in Hell !

Jim

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

The haze is the smoke from all the fires burning in Hell !
    Jim

AWESOME!!!!!! GET OUT!!!!!! does the le say that by the way?

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Dont shoot me i didnt make it.

Your subject line said it was a review. That wasn't a review.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from phishrace:

AkumaZeto said:Dont shoot me i didnt make it.
    Your subject line said it was a review. That wasn't a review.

Sorry i blew up i will change that for yah.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Sorry i blew up i will change that for yah.

Wow. Wouldn't you agree that a review should include talk about gameplay? A yes to that would be appreciated a lot more than a subject line change.

#43 11 years ago

Again sorry i blew up. who the hell cares. I am gonna go play my AC/DC.

#44 11 years ago

Thanks for the informative video trent

#45 11 years ago

#46 11 years ago

#47 11 years ago

Tron is like Funhouse on some serious steroids and if AC/DC is like T2 on serious steroids then I would guess it should hold a spot in the top 10 and not the low 60's

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-vs-le-review?responsive=0 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.