Topic Stats

• 65 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by str8cash
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 5 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image1.JPG
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you being serious or sarcastic here?

Hopeful is a better word. But I'm pretty sure Lyman will polish AC/DC up with a final code drop. Cannon modes, horn inserts, lower play field rules, etc.

#52 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hopeful is a better word. But I'm pretty sure Lyman will polish AC/DC up with a final code drop. Cannon modes, horn inserts, lower play field rules, etc.

I certainly hope so. The game is great, but it really needs some scoring balance for hells bells and making other features more lucrative/fun.

Keith kind of indirectly sums it up in this video what some of the issues are with ACDC.

Rob

#53 3 years ago

Scoring is quite balanced on the Pro. Another plus, in addition to the extra cash in your pocket.

#54 3 years ago

Had both the premium and pro, and enjoyed the pro just as much, maybe more! Harder game because of the standups. I never played the pro and wished I had the premium.

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I certainly hope so. The game is great, but it really needs some scoring balance for hells bells and making other features more lucrative/fun.
Keith kind of indirectly sums it up in this video what some of the issues are with ACDC.
ยป YouTube video
Rob

Holly crap, that is freaking awesome! I'm only a third way thru that vid and I can't wait to get back to saskatoon to play it. I didn't even realize that the wife turned the snf game off on me.

#56 3 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Had both the premium and pro, and enjoyed the pro just as much, maybe more! Harder game because of the standups. I never played the pro and wished I had the premium.

Huh??? Is it just me?

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Huh??? Is it just me?

Nope, not just you

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

Nope, not just you

While playing the Pro, I never thought I needed the bell, the drops, the crossover ramp, or the under playfield. They're both great games, but I found the pro a rush of speed and a harder challenge. I liked it more and for a lot less money.

I think you two can figure it out now.

#59 3 years ago

You sure about that? There's more then two of us thinking the same thing. Just poking cause it's fun

Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I think you two can figure it out now.

#60 3 years ago

I played the pro a few times and loved it. I actually owned the premium for a few weeks and could not get over how much I hated the lower playfield. Maybe it's just me that feels that way and that's fine, but it was so annoying to me that I just couldn't get past it. Don't get me wrong, the premium is a phenomenal game but that was its Achilles heel for me.

So, play both if you can and see how you feel about it. In the end all that matters is whether you like it or not.

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from pinball4ever:

I played the pro a few times and loved it. I actually owned the premium for a few weeks and could not get over how much I hated the lower playfield. Maybe it's just me that feels that way and that's fine, but it was so annoying to me that I just couldn't get past it. Don't get me wrong, the premium is a phenomenal game but that was its Achilles heel for me.
So, play both if you can and see how you feel about it. In the end all that matters is whether you like it or not.

I like your style..I miss the Punk! I had.

Great game.

#62 3 years ago

I looked at both and couldn't get past what was missing on the pro...they play like two different games and my preference was for the premium. Of course that's my preference. . Yours could be totally different...

I will say, I think the Premium requires quite a bit of modding to elevate it - which means more $$ out the door. $9K for an Unmodded example is really pushing the outer limits of what I'd say is acceptable money-wise, and a big risk for a game that you're not totally sure about.

#63 3 years ago

Not sure if I missed this but not sure if some are not taking the exchange rate into account. $9k Canadian is about $6500 US. That seems like it's on the lower end of a premium. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#64 3 years ago

Wish there was still an AC/DC on location by me

but I kinda like the pro better

both are fast and brutal but the pro is a bit harder. Which is something I enjoy for some reason

#65 3 years ago

The premium I've been offered is $9000 Canadian. I think that's about $5800 us but not positive on current exchange. He'd want $10gs probably if he wasn't a friend of my dad's. The other one I've seen for sale lately was the Lucy in Calgary and I think it was $11000 Canadian.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 65 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside