• 30 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jojo1111
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Well Sort of... they call it the ACDC Pro LED

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2102611

Pro with all LED lighting and swinging bell and the new metal dmd panel but still looks like the wood head.

http://www.sternpinball.com/games/ac-dc/led-pro#

#2 4 years ago

That's cool that they've added the swinging bell. It addresses one of the main things I dislike about the pro. I assume the inserts won't be color changing like the premium/LE's.

#3 4 years ago

Get rid of the face in the middle of the playfield and I'll buy one!!!!

#4 4 years ago

That's cool to hear. Thanks for posting

#5 4 years ago

They're gonna sell a ton of Premium trains now.

Hmmmm. This with a train swap is a viable alternative IMO to a Luci & it's $2000 less

Do I want the lower PF, diverter & drops for $2K?

Not sure, guess I will find out soon.

#6 4 years ago

I'm not sure I'm the first to say this, but with the IM VE, Stern producing MMr's, and now the AC/DC Pro LED...

I think Stern is using the extra time to work on a new OS and/or new display system.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from haiderdj:

I think Stern is using the extra time to work on a new OS and/or new display system.

i thinks so!

stern tells their license for ac/dc expires at the end of 2014.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You forgot about the color changing inserts.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

They're gonna sell a ton of Premium trains now.
Hmmmm. This with a train swap is a viable alternative IMO to a Luci & it's $2000 less
Not sure, guess I will find out soon.

If I had been buying one straight up I would have a hard time spending 2k more. I love my premium but the new pro as well as the old one are great machines. If you can do without all of the eye candy the pro is the way to go IMO.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If I had been buying one straight up I would have a hard time spending 2k more. I love my premium but the new pro as well as the old one are great machines. If you can do without all of the eye candy the pro is the way to go IMO.

Good, honest, non price hyping opinion on a game you own. It is very refreshing to hear. Thanks!

#11 4 years ago

This new release is pretty much what I would do to the the old pro in regards to mods.
Best part? The WHOLE BELL swings... not just the stick like the mod... WAY rader.

Sticker then Angus and get ready to fire the canon!

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

He also forgot about the moving band members in the upper right, I can't imagine not having that awesome feature!

#13 4 years ago

Those moving band members are such an insult to the price tag of the premie! Guess the LCD mod would fix that, but still... Where did the inspiration come from? An elementary school puppet show?

#14 4 years ago

With the price of HUO premiums around 5K to 5.5K, not sure if 4.8K for a new pro is a great move. I do like the new direction, but at some point, even the pro won't be very budget friendly. Having said all that, if they do a LED Met pro and add in a single premium feature, I'd want the snake jaw. It's the main premium feature I'd want in my pro. I know the next round of Met pros will have LEDs and the new backbox, but it was not mentioned about an added feature.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from treborlicec:

With the price of HUO premiums around 5K to 5.5K, not sure if 4.8K for a new pro is a great move. I do like the new direction, but at some point, even the pro won't be very budget friendly. Having said all that, if they do a LED Met pro and add in a single premium feature, I'd want the snake jaw. It's the main premium feature I'd want in my pro. I know the next round of Met pros will have LEDs and the new backbox, but it was not mentioned about an added feature.

The snake jaw is pretty mechanically complex, and then Stern would have to have 3 sets of Met code - Pro, Pro with snake jaw, Prem/LE. Just not going to happen. I could see them maybe doing something like a Sparky with different colors (green skin or something)....or maybe do a clear Coffin window. You're not going to get a major mech from the Premium version. Just buy a Premium.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

If I stare at the floor long enough it starts to breathe. Eventually the inserts will change colors on my game, premium or not

Luci is so bad ass, how can I go pro? $2000 is pretty bad ass too.

First world problems lol

#17 4 years ago

Expect another one before the end if the year when the band announces it's 40 dates.

#18 4 years ago

ACDC 40 Dates Edition

#19 4 years ago

They added more pictures and it is the new metal head to go with the new speaker/display panel.

Can balls get trapped behind this bell? There's no exit lane to the left

#20 4 years ago

Never had a problem with my Premium, the ball always exits out the left just fine when behind the bell.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Those moving band members are such an insult to the price tag of the premie! Guess the LCD mod would fix that, but still... Where did the inspiration come from? An elementary school puppet show?

The moving band members are true"mechanical animation"& I wouldn't change it for anything. Those who don't like it,don't see it for what it really is.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Never had a problem with my Premium, the ball always exits out the left just fine when behind the bell.

There's no "out to the left" on a Pro. Just in and out.

#23 4 years ago

Does the bell actually score when you hit it or just swing? From the pics it just looks like a swinging bell with no magnet or switches attached.

#24 4 years ago

I actually like the 555 and 44/47 sockets in the met pro. (Assume original acdc pro). I put leds in there to suit my tastes. Seems like that would be easier than fussing with colored filters to change white led boards IMHO.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Does the bell actually score when you hit it or just swing? From the pics it just looks like a swinging bell with no magnet or switches attached.

It hits the stand up target behind the bell.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That's cool that they've added the swinging bell. It addresses one of the main things I dislike about the pro. I assume the inserts won't be color changing like the premium/LE's.

It's not a real swinging bell like the premiums. It's like the refinery mods which enhances the bell a little with forward and a tiny amount of backward motion to enhance the shit bells on the pros. Have a close look at the pic. No lane for the ball to drain back down to the orbits and no kick out behind the bell so the ball does not pass the Newton ball. Plus the ball sits on a stupid lengthy looking pole which looks dumb. An improvement certainly but it's no premium authentic pendulum bell.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wow, I never knew this was different from the LE's/Premiums.
Yet another reason/feature to go with a premium over the pro.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Wow, I never knew this was different from the LE's/Premiums.
Yet another reason/feature to go with a premium over the pro.

Yeah, on the Pro, it's just a target lane. The ball goes under the bell and hits the standup target. Now on this new Pro, you hit the bell, and the bell hits the target....but yeah, it's totally different than the Premium/LE where the bell hit is triggered by the opto.

#29 4 years ago

Can somone change the title of this thread? This is not a vault edition. I know its semantics, but there is a big distinction between a no longer produced title that is re-released years later (vault edition) and this one (modified current PRO that has never been out of production).

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

It's not a real swinging bell like the premiums. It's like the refinery mods which enhances the bell a little with forward and a tiny amount of backward motion to enhance the shit bells on the pros. Have a close look at the pic. No lane for the ball to drain back down to the orbits and no kick out behind the bell so the ball does not pass the Newton ball. Plus the ball sits on a stupid lengthy looking pole which looks dumb. An improvement certainly but it's no premium authentic pendulum bell.

Picture looks like a real swingin bell to me!

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Mahoyvan:

Picture looks like a real swingin bell to me!

It swings, but not nearly as much. On the pro, the ball hits the newton ball and causes it to hit the bell target. On the premium/LE's, a solid hit can literally cause the newton ball to swing all the up and hit the glass. The ball can then go behind the pendulum and into a saucer. There is an escape lane which feeds the ball back to the left orbit.

#32 4 years ago

Actually yeah the physics of that makes sense. The picture IS a bit missleading with that much back swing!

#33 4 years ago

Can an airball land behind the bell?

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Can an airball land behind the bell?

I'm guessing this would be possible, but extremely unlikely.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

It swings, but not nearly as much. On the pro, the ball hits the newton ball and causes it to hit the bell target. On the premium/LE's, a solid hit can literally cause the newton ball to swing all the way up and hit the glass. The ball can then go behind the pendulum and into a saucer. There is an escape lane which feeds the ball back to the left orbit.

Amen to this, on my premium the bell hits the glass and scares the hell out of me sometimes.

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That's what she said. Terrible. Just terrible. Sorry.

#37 4 years ago

There fore no code is needed or added correct ?

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

There fore no added code is needed or added correct ?

Yep no new code

#39 4 years ago

same game .. new leds and swinging bell and a new price!

#40 4 years ago

IM got a small code update for LED lights, so perhaps ACDC LED Pro will as well.

Rob

#41 4 years ago

looks better than the last version. That's for sure! I find the new speaker graphics especially interesting.

#42 4 years ago

What do we think the odds of a premium with the new backbox is? I suppose they would have announced it at the same time. Probably not worth changing just that I guess. Shame, since I like the new speaker panel better.

#43 4 years ago

I'm Loving that Stern is adding CoinTaker's Leds to All Pins now ,, they just needs to take the Bling to the next Level and Hire the " Pinball Refinery " guys to add that X-tra Umph !! and a hell Yes on the Swing-n bell .

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm guessing this would be possible, but extremely unlikely.

Haha I'm now waiting for a photo of the ball stuck behind the bell. This is pinball after all. So many times I've been amazed at where that ball can get stuck on games.

#46 4 years ago

Was talking to my distributor today while picking up IMVE, and he was mentioning orders going nuts for the new ACDC Pro LED. A whole wave of new buyers, all home users. There are still people piling into the hobby.

1 week later
#47 4 years ago

Dunno if you guys saw it, I went to the factory last week and saw the swinging bell and game in person.

http://pinballaficionado.blogspot.com/2014/08/stern-factory-visit.html

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-W7ZB2pyIexE/U-1qZD55S5I/AAAAAAAAAXM/Pm4k8hqRj7s/s1600/image_zps00650817.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-iXK5pfOpRp8/U-1qfQlcesI/AAAAAAAAAYw/_XqYjEtoIn4/s1600/image_zpsd775d0c2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sm9Sbi2b2dE/U-1qeEk4WaI/AAAAAAAAAYU/4FC0e2BfQiQ/s1600/image_zpsb6d7256e.jpg

Talked to George Gomez about it, while we were playing it. Like has been said, it uses the target, no code update, no optos needed. It seems to just attach with a few screws and looks very plug and play. Bell definitely swings but not much, not as much as the prem does.

From seeing it, It looks to me to be very compatible with existing Pros. I asked him if we might see this part on sale in the future for current, older pro models, and he said it could be a possibility.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 194.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 295.00
Lighting - Interactive
...redshiftLED
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 50.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 10.95
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Decals
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 11.95
Machine - For Sale
Round Lake, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside