Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1905 (resized).JPG
IMG_1902 (resized).JPG
image.jpg
photo 1.JPG
cat.jpg
ACDC-SwingingBell.jpg
There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 8 years ago

I'll call Chas tomorrow and bug him.

Seems like we may be out of luck, but who knows?

#52 8 years ago

I hope we aren't out of luck... the thread and responses sounded pretty promising thus far. Would love to hear what you find out.

I also posted up on this topic on Stern's FB page and even linked back to this thread... on June 10th, Jared promised to update back and it's now July 7th, and my requests to him have gone unanswered thus far...

Here's the FB post - https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10206897315696173?comment_id=10206911081760316

Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'll call Chas tomorrow and bug him.
Seems like we may be out of luck, but who knows?

3 weeks later
#53 8 years ago

Hoping something comes out soon! I'd love to get a swinging bell on the pro!

1 week later
#54 8 years ago

Any one heard anything on this?

2 weeks later
#55 8 years ago

Hope springs eternal, my man. We're well into the second half of 2015 and I can only say that I "hope" this eventually sees the light of day... 'my money stands ready' is about the only thing I know to add at this point...

Quoted from gern:

Any one heard anything on this?

3 weeks later
#56 8 years ago

Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

#57 8 years ago

Saving it for the VE, that's how you know it's coming.

#58 8 years ago

I called Stern twice with no answer. I'll try again, but obviously I'm less convinced this will happen.

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I called Stern twice with no answer. I'll try again, but obviously I'm less convinced this will happen.

Damn. I hope it happens. I have a Promium almost complete. This would put it over the top.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Damn. I hope it happens. I have a Promium almost complete. This would put it over the top.

Same here... I'm closing in on a "Promium" myself and would love to have this mod... let's hope it happens...

2 months later
#61 8 years ago

Renewed interest since I installed TimeBandit's amazing light show. I asked my distributor to look into it because I was having little success communicating directly with Stern as a lowly customer. I don't have high confidence that the kit will be available, but we'll see.

#62 8 years ago

Sounds good, and thanks for keeping the pressure on.

I received my total lightshow kit a few days ago, but likely won't get time to install until after Christmas. Is it awesome? It looks like it is.

In the meantime, I've gone with Hemi's bell mod (which I really like), but it is still a stop-gap to get the actual swinging mechanism from Stern. I'd swap to the Stern bell setup in a heartbeat if it were to be made available.

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Renewed interest since I installed TimeBandit's amazing light show. I asked my distributor to look into it because I was having little success communicating directly with Stern as a lowly customer. I don't have high confidence that the kit will be available, but we'll see.

#63 8 years ago

Does the swinging bell they put in the LED Pro have any switch on it, or does it still rely on the target to register a hit?

#64 8 years ago

The LED Pro still uses a standup that is struck by the swinging bell. No magnet.

My distributor stated the kit isn't ready yet, which leads me to believe they will eventually be ready.

My initial prediction of a March 15 date was a little off.

4 months later
#65 8 years ago

Hey Mudflaps, any update on this project? Am definitely still interested if it ever comes to pass...

Quoted from Mudflaps:

The LED Pro still uses a standup that is struck by the swinging bell. No magnet.
My distributor stated the kit isn't ready yet, which leads me to believe they will eventually be ready.
My initial prediction of a March 15 date was a little off.

#66 8 years ago

Unfortunately no news. I'm out of town for a while and unable to contact Stern. With ACDC no longer being run, my hopes are a little dashed.

There is still a glimmer of hope, albeit a small one.

1 month later
#67 7 years ago

I suppose no news from Stern about this swinging Bell assembly unfortunatly?

I mean the bell mod does not fully satisfy me as the Newton ball is only swinging.

#68 7 years ago

Same here... looking forward to an update on this as well...

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Unfortunately no news. I'm out of town for a while and unable to contact Stern. With ACDC no longer being run, my hopes are a little dashed.
There is still a glimmer of hope, albeit a small one.

When they remake it, they will have them, but that could be a while.

#70 7 years ago

Chas mailed me:

Dear Laurent,
Sorry this is not available yet. Last I heard we would be making these available in the future
Best regards,
Chas Siddiqi

He did not notice me when it Will be available

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Chas mailed me:

He did not notice me when it Will be available

That's what Chas told me 16 months ago. No big deal, as a kit was never promised or expected, but temper expectations.

#72 7 years ago

I've sold my Premium. Only the pro now, with great Lightshow of course, and Helen, and if I can get this damn bell it will be all rock n roll, all the time.
#acdcproisunderrated

#73 7 years ago

Didn't they put the bell mod on the ACDC LED pro?

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yep. That's why we're sort of wondering why they don't just put it out there. It obviously works.

#75 7 years ago

Huge mod opportunity for someone...

#76 7 years ago

Someone out there needs to make this happen!! So they can take my $$$$

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Huge mod opportunity for someone...

I could make it. I can make anything , if I put my mind to it.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

yes and no.
in the bell mod, only the ball of the bell is moving. on the acdc pro led, all the mech is moving severally.

2 months later
#79 7 years ago

Still trying to track this down... has anyone had any luck?

#80 7 years ago

I actually like the way the Pinball Refinery bell mod looks on the pro with the bell closer to the playfield. It doesn't bother me that the bell doesn't swing and it's available today

#81 7 years ago

Unless someone fashions an after market mod, I think we're out of luck on a Stern swinging bell.

I still love the game and have no intention of selling, but the swinging bell is missed.

#82 7 years ago

I could probably fabricate a mod if there is enough interest

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

I could probably fabricate a mod if there is enough interest

To be honest, I think the work has been done for you. The ACDC LED Pro has a device that could likely fit on the original model, and I'm sure you could make something similar.

Anyway, I'm a buyer!

#84 7 years ago

The biggest issue is going to be what holes are available in the playfield to mount to, on the original pro. I have the LED pro and one thing that's obvious is that there is a notch in the plastic to the right of the bell mount. I discovered this when I installed my Pinbits plastic protector set. I had to trim the protector to clear the bell mount. So which ever version they made the protectors from, didn't have that notch. So, just to be clear, the premium/LE has a mount to the left of the bell and the bell pivots off that 1 side. The LED pro has a crane structure looking mount behind the bell the stretches out forward and the bell povots off both left and right sides of that bracket.

#85 7 years ago

adding a swinging bell that acknowledges the hits isnt' that difficult to do. The problem is, what happens when the ball gets stuck behind it? On the premium, the ball is rerounted to the left side orbit.

#86 7 years ago

The bell assembly can mount to the two holes that the existing bell is using above the stand up target. A new frame needs to be made to protrude out further than the stationary frame to allow the bell to swing. It is a little bit of work, but is definitely possible to make the whole bell swing. I have a threaded Newton ball but haven't got around to trying it on my bell yet. I originally made a swinging bell for mine in March 2013. Sorry I don't have any pictures of it offhand at the moment, but might be able to take some later on. The ball goes past the swinging bell to hit the target, rather than the bell acting as a type of captive ball striking the target.

#87 7 years ago

If the bell ball is a little lighter than the pinball it does not get stuck behind the bell as easily and can usually push its way out.

#88 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

adding a swinging bell that acknowledges the hits isnt' that difficult to do. The problem is, what happens when the ball gets stuck behind it? On the premium, the ball is rerounted to the left side orbit.

I don't have the LED Pro, but there doesn't seem to be a problem with that device. No magnets. It seems the captive ball hangs low enough not to be a problem.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from fish1975tx:

If the bell ball is a little lighter than the pinball it does not get stuck behind the bell as easily and can usually push its way out.

gotcha. Must be a lot lighter than the premium ones.

4 months later
#90 7 years ago

Bumping for the eventual hope that "something" becomes available.

I guess the official option from Stern is a non-starter at this point?

#91 7 years ago

Unfortunately I think we can write this one off. I predicted like a March 2014 availability or something like that. Both Pat and Steve said it was in the works, but stuff happens.

Maybe they're working on the Kiss code instead!

#92 7 years ago

Well, to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Them working on any code is a great thing - I won't derail that train whatsoever!

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Unfortunately I think we can write this one off. I predicted like a March 2014 availability or something like that. Both Pat and Steve said it was in the works, but stuff happens.
Maybe they're working on the Kiss code instead!

#93 7 years ago

Wonder if an AC/DC pro vault will have the swinging bell?

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wonder if an AC/DC pro vault will have the swinging bell?

100%. I'll keep dreaming. LOVE my pro!

#95 7 years ago

I don't miss the lower playfield, but I do miss the swinging bell (and drop targets, especially when that damn ball rockets SDTM off the TNT targets).

5 months later
#96 6 years ago

Is there any hope they will sell the bell now that they are rerunning AC/DC?

2 months later
#97 6 years ago

I'll call again this week.

1 week later
#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'll call again this week.

So did you call? Any word?

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from Jojo1111:

So did you call? Any word?

I called Stern, and basically there is no plan for an add-on or kit. Having said that, David was nice enough to email me the VE manual which I previously couldn't find.

I emailed my distributor to order all the necessary parts for the bell. If/when I receive the parts, I'll attempt an install. I'll update with cost and skill level along with photos.

Right now, I'm just waiting on my distributor. I'll keep everyone posted.

#100 6 years ago

Parts ordered. I'm hoping with everything, it's a drop-in replacement.

When it's done, I'll start a new thread with cost, instructions, and photos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

There are 106 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-swinging-bell-available-for-purchase/page/2?hl=starwriter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.