Topic poll

“AC/DC pro.... or X-men pro???”

• x-men pro 11 votes
    31%
  • AC/DC pro 24 votes
    69%

(35 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 11 years ago

Which should I go with. I'm a big x-men fan, but the more popular of the two is AC/DC. I'm pretty torn between the two. Let me know.

#2 11 years ago

Pay the difference and get ACDC Premium

#3 11 years ago

Not an option. I can't explain why.

#4 11 years ago

Haven't played X-Men enough to have an opinion there, but you won't be disappointed with an AC/DC Pro (unless you already have a Premium, in which case you'll surely think it sucks)

#5 11 years ago

In case I can't upgrade... More votes please. (My version of a bump)

#6 11 years ago

Can't go wrong with either. Both great games. Which theme do you and your family prefer?

#7 11 years ago

Toss up (big help I know)
From your collection
Xmen is kinda like jd (3 flippers, mission based, comic theme)
Acdc is kinda like Bsd (2 flippers, wicked outlanes, quick ball times)
Is there a better game in your house?

#8 11 years ago

Nope, just the 2. I like them a ton though. BSD is one of my favorites.

#9 11 years ago

To me: ACDC rules!

But I like ACDC, and could not care less about X-men. Now trying to stay objective and put aside some bias:

1) ACDC : Fast, very fast, so fast you could find it too fast... VERY addictive, fun to play with music set as loud (assuming your pin environment allows that). Shots are relatively easy, but each mistake is paid cash - try to select TNT sound and aim for these targets with the wrong flipper: instant drain.

2) X-men : many shots are hard (ramps are narrower). It kills flow for an average player like me, but I think this could be highly rewarding for a better player - especially if you have it at home to practice. Probably a keeper with a slow learning curve.

From what I heard and experience, the Premium is worth the extra $ for ACDC, much less valid for X-men LE vs Pro. So if you buy ACDC Pro, you may have more regrets later than for X-men!

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from ianwho:

Which should I go with. I'm a big x-men fan, but the more popular of the two is AC/DC. I'm pretty torn between the two. Let me know.

I love acdc pro, and i sold my xmen. Not because I did not like it but I reallyu wanted an acdc pro. I dont care for the premium. The mini playfield is useless to me along with the dancing band. As far as bang for your buck and speed acdc pro is where it is at.
derek

#11 11 years ago

Both great pins.

ACDC Pro is the fastest pin I have ever played but the Premium has those lovely drop targets and looks so sweet. Can see why AV8 has both!

#12 11 years ago

+1 on this..... sell a pin to help pay for the difference. the premium is worth it.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Pay the difference and get ACDC Premium

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I love acdc pro, and i sold my xmen. Not because I did not like it but I reallyu wanted an acdc pro. I dont care for the premium. The mini playfield is useless to me along with the dancing band. As far as bang for your buck and speed acdc pro is where it is at.
derek

I totally agree. if you like BSD you will love the speed and addictive game play of the pro. fastest pinball machine on the planet. get hemis Bell mod. and flipper fidelity sound system. it sounds better than the stock premium. excellent value.

you think you can handle Acdc speed?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-or-x-men-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.