• Latest reply 7 years ago by KingNine
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I'd like to open up this "old" thread. Now that these two games have been out for a while and the code is up to date, how do you guys feel about them now. Since I don't have the money to have both, or to have the premium versions, I'm looking at selling my three games to purchase a Metallica or AC/DC pro. I'm also doing some repair work on another game for some extra money. This will net me somewhere in the $3,500 range.
How much is a bone stock (and maybe routed) Metallica Pro or AC/DC pro going for? Dirty? Doesn't bother me. I've dealt with barn storage messes so I don't mind the work.
As far as music goes, I like both. AC/DC is a little more up beat and appeals to my wife more but she thinks the Angus face sucks and isn't crazy about the Aurich Helen decals either. The art on Metallica is awesome so there's no contest there. I've played both and they have great rules but I do really like AC/DC's integration of the music better than Metallica's.
It's a tough call and I can really only afford one. No matter which one I'd pick, I planned on modding the shit out of it nonetheless. LED's, extra lighting, Color DMD, toys, etc. I just want to do it myself.
Just looking for some opinions now that these two have been out for a while.

ACDC never got the code love that MET got. Even when nobody was expecting another update, one recently comes out for MET to make it even better. I would have said ACDC needed an update more than MET did....

ACDC has a few key points which disappoint me. The mini playfield isn't too fun because it really has no worthwhile rules and the song rules are just not as balanced as they could be. I also wish the songs didn't start over on ACDC.

So for these reasons I would go with MET over ACDC....

Rob

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I too like the music of AC/DC better and it is one of my favorite pins but the rules and game play of Metallica speak to me as a pinball player.

I like the music in ACDC better too, but I wish the songs didn't restart. As for rules, I think MET by a large margin. ACDC still has unused cannon inserts.... I also despise that HB and VIP is the defacto standard for high scores. I don't think you could even come close by playing songs like BIB or LTBR... BIB is the by far the hardest song to qualify the notes and it doesn't reward you for the risk (that I know of).

Rob

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hot Springs, AR
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.99
Tools
FlipMods
Tools
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Conifer, CO
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rob_g.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-or-metallica-pro?tu=rob_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.