• Latest reply 7 years ago by KingNine
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Laser-Beam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Tvpinballs:

I am look at buying one of these pins. I like both bands. Which is a better game in the pro model. If anyone is looking to sell one of these please send me an email.Thanks, Todd

Unless you are a huge AC/DC fan, i would definately go for the Metallica Pinball machine.
AC/DC is cool but i reckon the standup targets are too old-school and there are too many of them.
Actually, except for the pop-bumpers, and the ramps, the AC/DC feels a bit old fashioned for a new pinnie.
The bell has caused a fair bit of grief for owners and has been broken, replaced, broken again, repaired and broken again.

The Metallica pinnie is pretty sensational from the moment you step up to it.
It's got insane lighting, the drop-down targets are cool, the lights and artwork are colourful and interesting.
So much going on on the playfield, so much to look at, so much to shoot.
Playfield feels much wider than the AC/DC machine and you can get a lot of ball-speed up in places.
The Metallica ramps are pretty beastie, although i prefer plastic ramps as they dont scratch the balls and you can see through them to the playfield. Still, the Metallica metal ramps are pretty good and look hot.

Metallica is serious fun and there is so much on that playfield to shoot at. Lots of variety too.
Sometimes shooting a ball in the same location will have a different result, depeding on the targets you've hit.
I like the snake-head but it feels a little close to the flippers, (only negative i can think of for Metallica machine).

From the second you launch the ball, on Metallica, you're smilling, (guitar slide down the guitar neck as the ball launches ... absolutley brilliant!)
Then there's the music. "Sad but true!" OMG the music on this machine! AC/DC is very good all around but this Metallica pinnie is going to be a legend.
Metallica premium comes in 2 cases, the 'Monsters' and the 'Road Case'.
I love the backglass on the 'Monsters' and it definately matches the playfield better.
But the 'Road Case' has a more mature and band-like look about it.
Was thinking i'd buy the Road Case and swap the backglass for the Mosters backglass.
Best of both worlds, mate.

Unless you're Angus's best mate, id go for the Metallica pinball machine any day of the week.
It's heaps of fun, it's a great piece of artwork to have around the house and it pumps out speed-metal like ... well, just like Metallica

Id go for a Tron or a Star Trek over the AC/DC too, just to confuse the matter.
Metallica is a sic machine. It and the AC/DC mark the start of a new age of pinball, i reckon. Good stuff!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 700.00
Hardware
Chrome Candy

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.95
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Laser-Beam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-or-metallica-pro?tu=Laser-Beam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.