• Latest reply 7 years ago by KingNine
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I am look at buying one of these pins. I like both bands. Which is a better game in the pro model. If anyone is looking to sell one of these please send me an email.
Thanks, Todd

#2 10 years ago

My vote goes to Metallica Pro. If you were to get an ACDC, you would not be satisfied with anything less than a Premium. Don't waste your time or money.

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

My vote goes to Metallica Pro. If you were to get an ACDC, you would not be satisfied with anything less than a Premium. Don't waste your time or money.

Exactly what he said. I own both Metallica Pro and AC/DC Premium. If you hesitate between Metallica Pro it should be versus an AC/DC Premium and nothing less.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

I agree 100% I own both Metallica Pro and ACDC Premium. Each are fantastic in their own way, you get more bang for buck with Metallica, and it is fast and fun to play.

#6 10 years ago

With reply's like this I can't wait to search for an AC/DC Pro!

Prices should be dropping like a rock!

P.S. - I'm being dead serious.

#7 10 years ago

I own a Metallica Pro and a ACDC Pro. I would rate them pretty much equal with the Met Pro winning by a nose. It really comes down to which one you can get for the best deal.

#8 10 years ago

I own AC/DC prem & METLE. My vote would be MET pro over ACDC pro. Game play is better and it looks so much better, IMO. You would really like them both, but my hedge is towards MET pro.

#9 10 years ago

I like ACDC both pro and premium better than MET. ACDC is much more polished at this point which is why I bought one.

#10 10 years ago

I have both ACDC Pre and Pro and Met Pro. I'd rank them: ACDC pre, Met Pro, ACDC Pro. I'd put ACDC Premium way, way ahead (and worth the premium price) of both others.

#11 10 years ago

I have both Prem ACDC and Metallica pro.
I too would rank them ACDC Prem - Metallica Pro - ACDC Pro.
For what Metallica Pro and ACDC PRem are going for I would save my pennies and go Prem while you can or get someones HUO on the second hand market.

ACDC pro is just missing too much IMO- played one on location.
ACDC Prem is the standard by which all Prem will be judged.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

I own a Metallica Pro and a ACDC Pro. I would rate them pretty much equal with the Met Pro winning by a nose. It really comes down to which one you can get for the best deal.

Agreed. But Acdc code is polished and has the fire button VIP pass. Faster. Get BOTH.

#15 10 years ago

MET PRO for sure. I own ACDC premium and MET PRO, played ACDC PRO as well and MET PRO is much better looking and more fun to play as the ACDC PRO. With ACDC you should go at least for a Premium

#16 10 years ago

Met Pro would be my vote......though the code is more complete on AC/DC Pro

#17 10 years ago

METPRO. I've never played an ACDCPRO but I have played the premium....loved it. My issue with the ACDCPRO is that face in the middle of the PF.....just can't see myself ever owning that.....yikes!

#18 10 years ago

For potential, I'd vote MET. For current enjoyment, it's AC/DC. I have a MET Pro and a AC/DC Premium, so that should tell you where I think you SHOULD buy in each machine. Having said that, MET isn't finished and AC/DC basically is (some would argue, but...it's good enough). If new MET code drops before you buy, I'd switch my vote back to MET.

#19 10 years ago

ACDC pro, with the sorely needed bell mod, is one of the top adrenaline inducing games of all time. For my money it easily blows away most of the top ten.

Met pro is awesome, I want one at some point. But ACDC is the better game.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballerchef:

METPRO. I've never played an ACDCPRO but I have played the premium....loved it. My issue with the ACDCPRO is that face in the middle of the PF.....just can't see myself ever owning that.....yikes!

This is something that I have always found strange. From the beginning many people have complained about Angus' face on the pf and even to the point of not wanting to buy this pin. I have owned the pro for over a year and it has never bothered me. Actually I kind of like it.

#21 10 years ago

does anyone read the title of this thread ,,,ac dc pro vs. met pro ....who is talking about ac dc premium, being part of the equation....stay focused people

#22 10 years ago

I am glad I like my $3600 ac/dc pro. This thread makes me second guess things.

I kinda like the play of the pro versus premium. Maybe that's because I can have another pin with the 3k

#23 10 years ago

ac/dc pro for me, better flow, don't mind the face at all, i think it's better than the foggy robot face from hell.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from jamesdeloris:

This is something that I have always found strange. From the beginning many people have complained about Angus' face on the pf and even to the point of not wanting to buy this pin. I have owned the pro for over a year and it has never bothered me. Actually I kind of like it.

And normally PF art wouldn't bother me.....buuuuuut it's just so big and right in the middle. It just feels like it doesn't belong there.....really weird looking IMO.

#25 10 years ago

My issue with the ACDCPRO is that face in the middle of the PF

I've never played an ACDCPRO

#26 10 years ago

You won't have time noticing the face in the middle of the PF...
ACDC Pro - at least for now. Met Pro could become better than what it is.

#27 10 years ago

Please keep bashing AC/DC Pro.....I'm loving it because I really want to pick one up soon and you are going to save me money which I can then use to mod the crap out of it

#28 10 years ago

Just got done playing an AC/DC on lunch. Very fun game. I know more AC/DC tracks than Metalica so that might edge me.

#29 10 years ago

acdc

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Met Pro would be my vote......though the code is more complete on AC/DC Pro

My feelings exactly!

#31 10 years ago

Even w/out complete code it's MET Pro!

#32 10 years ago

but I have played the premium....loved it.

Understand yet??

#33 10 years ago

Met Pro and if you can afford the extra $ the Refinery Edition. Powder Coating LEDs etc.

#34 10 years ago

Have you seen the face on the AC/DC pro playfield? Met pro for sure!

#35 10 years ago

It was rhetorical...you are weighing in on a game you've never played. I've always assumed that most who mention "the face" have little or no time in on one, since it's really too fast to notice while your playing. So yes, I understand

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Please keep bashing AC/DC Pro.....I'm loving it because I really want to pick one up soon and you are going to save me money which I can then use to mod the crap out of it

I see a few ACDC Pro's on Mr Pinball right now @ $4000. Send a picture of $3600 cash on the floor & get yourself the piranha price The game is fun too & that's the most important part.

Metallica certainly looks kick ass though so you can't really go wrong "if" code gets completed.

#37 10 years ago

Both are good games I think the OP would be happy with either one. But I vote for Metallica pro . I was just recently deciding between these 2 games (and considering the new Star Trek pro also, so I guess I was really deciding which one of the three) and I went with Metallica pro . For me it was the artwork Metallica has way better artwork . Also it seems as though the Metallica pro is very close to the same game as the LE/premium , ACDC pro is missing elements that make it seem as though its a different game then the LE/premium .

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Tvpinballs:

I am look at buying one of these pins. I like both bands. Which is a better game in the pro model. If anyone is looking to sell one of these please send me an email.Thanks, Todd

Unless you are a huge AC/DC fan, i would definately go for the Metallica Pinball machine.
AC/DC is cool but i reckon the standup targets are too old-school and there are too many of them.
Actually, except for the pop-bumpers, and the ramps, the AC/DC feels a bit old fashioned for a new pinnie.
The bell has caused a fair bit of grief for owners and has been broken, replaced, broken again, repaired and broken again.

The Metallica pinnie is pretty sensational from the moment you step up to it.
It's got insane lighting, the drop-down targets are cool, the lights and artwork are colourful and interesting.
So much going on on the playfield, so much to look at, so much to shoot.
Playfield feels much wider than the AC/DC machine and you can get a lot of ball-speed up in places.
The Metallica ramps are pretty beastie, although i prefer plastic ramps as they dont scratch the balls and you can see through them to the playfield. Still, the Metallica metal ramps are pretty good and look hot.

Metallica is serious fun and there is so much on that playfield to shoot at. Lots of variety too.
Sometimes shooting a ball in the same location will have a different result, depeding on the targets you've hit.
I like the snake-head but it feels a little close to the flippers, (only negative i can think of for Metallica machine).

From the second you launch the ball, on Metallica, you're smilling, (guitar slide down the guitar neck as the ball launches ... absolutley brilliant!)
Then there's the music. "Sad but true!" OMG the music on this machine! AC/DC is very good all around but this Metallica pinnie is going to be a legend.
Metallica premium comes in 2 cases, the 'Monsters' and the 'Road Case'.
I love the backglass on the 'Monsters' and it definately matches the playfield better.
But the 'Road Case' has a more mature and band-like look about it.
Was thinking i'd buy the Road Case and swap the backglass for the Mosters backglass.
Best of both worlds, mate.

Unless you're Angus's best mate, id go for the Metallica pinball machine any day of the week.
It's heaps of fun, it's a great piece of artwork to have around the house and it pumps out speed-metal like ... well, just like Metallica

Id go for a Tron or a Star Trek over the AC/DC too, just to confuse the matter.
Metallica is a sic machine. It and the AC/DC mark the start of a new age of pinball, i reckon. Good stuff!

#39 10 years ago

Ok. It's a tie! Comes down to $$$$$.

Steve Richie vs Borg. Both great.

Acdc Pro is long term keeper. Simply doesn't get old and makes you a better player. So many ways to play it. Metallica has dirt d but looks only last so long. Updated code will determine it.

#40 10 years ago

AC/DC. The Pro is a fast, flow oriented game, more so than the Premium since it doesn't have the lower playfield and the left ramp diverting rail to stop things. Metallica is a great game but is a very stop and go sort of game. It also takes a good bit of work to get Seek & Destroy going (which is pretty crucial if you want a decent score), and it might get repetitive working towards that every game you play.

#41 10 years ago

I vote ACDC pro, the prem is great but to own. The pro would be my vote.

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from jitneystand1:

It was rhetorical...you are weighing in on a game you've never played. I've always assumed that most who mention "the face" have little or no time in on one, since it's really too fast to notice while your playing. So yes, I understand

And my point was that I HAVE PLAYED the game....not that much difference between a PREM or a PRO...come on man. The biggest difference is the lower PF window. They keep the rule sets and gameplay very similar to each version....it's still an ACDC pinball machine....more about the visual looks aka that horrendous face in the middle of the PF on the PRO! The PREM obviously had many more upgrades in the visual department.
And yes....I notice it...no matter how fast it plays...does it disappear during gameplay?! Man would that be a cool mode!!!!!

2 years later
#43 7 years ago

I'd like to open up this "old" thread. Now that these two games have been out for a while and the code is up to date, how do you guys feel about them now. Since I don't have the money to have both, or to have the premium versions, I'm looking at selling my three games to purchase a Metallica or AC/DC pro. I'm also doing some repair work on another game for some extra money. This will net me somewhere in the $3,500 range.

How much is a bone stock (and maybe routed) Metallica Pro or AC/DC pro going for? Dirty? Doesn't bother me. I've dealt with barn storage messes so I don't mind the work.

As far as music goes, I like both. AC/DC is a little more up beat and appeals to my wife more but she thinks the Angus face sucks and isn't crazy about the Aurich Helen decals either. The art on Metallica is awesome so there's no contest there. I've played both and they have great rules but I do really like AC/DC's integration of the music better than Metallica's.

It's a tough call and I can really only afford one. No matter which one I'd pick, I planned on modding the shit out of it nonetheless. LED's, extra lighting, Color DMD, toys, etc. I just want to do it myself.

Just looking for some opinions now that these two have been out for a while.

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I'd like to open up this "old" thread. Now that these two games have been out for a while and the code is up to date, how do you guys feel about them now. Since I don't have the money to have both, or to have the premium versions, I'm looking at selling my three games to purchase a Metallica or AC/DC pro. I'm also doing some repair work on another game for some extra money. This will net me somewhere in the $3,500 range.
How much is a bone stock (and maybe routed) Metallica Pro or AC/DC pro going for? Dirty? Doesn't bother me. I've dealt with barn storage messes so I don't mind the work.
As far as music goes, I like both. AC/DC is a little more up beat and appeals to my wife more but she thinks the Angus face sucks and isn't crazy about the Aurich Helen decals either. The art on Metallica is awesome so there's no contest there. I've played both and they have great rules but I do really like AC/DC's integration of the music better than Metallica's.
It's a tough call and I can really only afford one. No matter which one I'd pick, I planned on modding the shit out of it nonetheless. LED's, extra lighting, Color DMD, toys, etc. I just want to do it myself.
Just looking for some opinions now that these two have been out for a while.

ACDC never got the code love that MET got. Even when nobody was expecting another update, one recently comes out for MET to make it even better. I would have said ACDC needed an update more than MET did....

ACDC has a few key points which disappoint me. The mini playfield isn't too fun because it really has no worthwhile rules and the song rules are just not as balanced as they could be. I also wish the songs didn't start over on ACDC.

So for these reasons I would go with MET over ACDC....

Rob

#45 7 years ago

I own both games but my AC/DC is a premium. I think AC/DC plays better as a premium personally. They are still making Metallica Pro LEDs at the factory and I'd recommend that if you can swing it somehow. I too like the music of AC/DC better and it is one of my favorite pins but the rules and game play of Metallica speak to me as a pinball player. Neither of the two will ever leave my collection and whatever you choose will make you happy but in your situation I'd lean Metallica Pro and hold out for an AC/DC Premium.

#46 7 years ago

As someone who owns ACDC prem and Met pro I would say:

ACDC prem > Met prem > Met pro > ACDC pro

Thus if you can only afford a pro get a Met pro

#47 7 years ago

I prefer the Acdc pro vs the met however the met pro will be easier to find and possibly even cheaper as most who modded the heck out of the Acdc try to command premium price.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

I too like the music of AC/DC better and it is one of my favorite pins but the rules and game play of Metallica speak to me as a pinball player.

I like the music in ACDC better too, but I wish the songs didn't restart. As for rules, I think MET by a large margin. ACDC still has unused cannon inserts.... I also despise that HB and VIP is the defacto standard for high scores. I don't think you could even come close by playing songs like BIB or LTBR... BIB is the by far the hardest song to qualify the notes and it doesn't reward you for the risk (that I know of).

Rob

#49 7 years ago

The music is the toughest for me. AC/DC really gets me going but Metallica makes me wanna pick the pin up and flip it the f*ck over! So it's a win either way.

However, I didn't notice the songs starting over in AC/DC soooo that's a biggie. Thanks for pointing it out.

#50 7 years ago

Yeah......they should go and update the code on AC/DC so the songs don't start over......would be a HUGE improvement but a good game otherwise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 4.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
$ 68.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.95
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elgin, OK
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 52 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-or-metallica-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.