(Topic ID: 84758)

AC/DC (Pro) Jukebox VUK-Barely kicking out

By arctic

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

So My Jukebox kick out is barley kicking out, and not changing songs when Jukebox is lit, just sort of rolls the ball out, but does register the score for hitting the hole. Interwebs said that this switch is the issue:

http://www.marcospec.com/control/keywordsearch;jsessionid=D633FFE3404E511B24C0FE5556ACE9A9.jvm1?SEARCH_STRING=180-5209-00

- fair enough. My question is if the switch is bad, why is it still kicking out at all and registering points? Wouldn't the ball just sit in the hole? Am I missing something here?
Could adjusting the metal arm on the switch solve the issue? Any advice or should I just order a few switches and swap them out?

I know some of you guys must have dealt with this one.

Thanks,

#2 10 years ago

I have seen more then a few posts as of late that if a switch like this is just barely working it will give you points but not register the function (as pointed out in several metallica threads). Have you adjusted the switch yet? Bend it down or up to see if this resolves your problem. The kicker sounds like a not related problem, but start with getting the switch to change songs, and then report back. This type of problems seems to be a new little oddity that makes it hard to figure out the issue, as existing thought process was a switch either works or it does not, but new logic says well it can kind of work. I would also roll a ball in that location, do a coil test and see if the behavior is different also.

#3 10 years ago

I had exactly the same problem on my Pro - a year or so ago. I did not take the switch off but with the pf up would bend a little and test, bend and test. If I remember correctly there is a little button that the switch must hit and push down (it clicks) when the ball sits on it. The switch arm needed to be adjusted so it would push down more. I have not had any problem since working on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-jukebox-vuk-barely-kicking-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.