• 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by chocky909
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ludacris.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

jespo_19 said:why is everyone saying the le's are the only ones to consider? the premiums have all the same in game features and toys without special cabinet trim and a couple other non game changing upgrades. i have no clue what the difference is in price but i think a premium ac/dc might still be a good option to save $.
I was just about to type and ask the same thing, to me the premium is the new model to buy I couldn't care less about special trim I just want all the toys and a fully featured playfield as intended, stern can keep their special trims and backglasses aslong as they give me a loaded playfield as originally intended, so no more LE's for me premium from here on out.

Keep in mind that "Premium" model is gonna cost you north of $6,000. And frankly, I don't see much beyond what they were putting in $4k pins just a few short years ago. The price difference between the Pro and Premium is much greater than between Premium and LE. The few hundred extra dollars might be worth it for the additional features (e.g. installed shaker motor) but that is predicated on the Premium being worth the price.

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

iceman44 said:I might want to crank up some Metallica while I'm playing AC/DC!....just sayin
What will you listen to, when you are skipping with Dorthy and Toto, down the yellow brick road ?
Jim

Ah, another Pinsider insecure in his masculinity.

Seriously, if you have listened to any Chris Granner pinball soundtracks, you'd know that what comes directly out of the WOZ speakers is going to sound killer.

#35 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

honda350r said:What will you listen to, when you are skipping with Dorthy and Toto, down the yellow brick road ?
Jim

Well played there Jim!
StevenP said:Ah, another Pinsider insecure in his masculinity.

That is bogus man seriously. Just because some of us are not attracted to a WOZ themed pin we are insecure? I saw the pics of the art and slipper flipper and stuff and it just does nothing for me and some others and that is okay. WOZ has gotten enough hype and those that don't like the theme have been pretty good about not raining on the parade of those getting it (on Pinside at least). To each their own man no need to hate. Some WOZ fans seem to think that the pin is beyond reproach and that all other pins that are made are far inferior so sometimes someone is going to chime in with a comment like Jims.

Jeez. Even in retrospect, the crack about "skipping with Dorothy and Toto" appears to be more of a general dig than my retort. I think the AC/DC theme rocks. But I also expect the music in WOZ to be far better than the simple lighthearted tunes from the movie that people seem to focus on. And it will be blasting through a kickass stereo sound system. I really am surprised/annoyed that AC/DC (and the Stones) is in mono.

April should certainly be interesting, with AC/DC LEs and WOZs making their appearances and being compared in actuality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stevenp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-in-action?tu=stevenp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.