• Latest reply 12 years ago by chocky909
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Ludacris.jpeg
#2 12 years ago

sounds great. looks fun too. thats an early leak?

#3 12 years ago

Excellent! It sounds like the original songs with Bon Scott are confirmed vs. new live versions.

#4 12 years ago

I like the deep bell sound

#5 12 years ago

Hard to tell much from that video. I thought the bell sound was pretty cool too. My expectations aren't all that high, but I'm still excited to play it. Or should I say them.

#6 12 years ago

I can't get past anus's face.

#7 12 years ago

I have seen pics that appear the anus face is plexiglass, with an underneath mini playfield and 2 flippers.
I didn't understand if that was only on certain models, or how you would see with
face in the way - maybe it becomes transparent with enough underneath lighting? i love the thought of this kinda music on a pin.

#8 12 years ago

Another video.

Love the bell. Very T2 like.

But having to look at that face ...........

#9 12 years ago

Remember this is very early beta code for lead time of games shipped overseas.

#10 12 years ago

A friend of mine was like "Oh, James, I had this pinball guy in recording voice over for an AC/DC pinball game and I thought of you. He was a pretty funny dude, doing the voice of Satan."

Steve fucking Ritchie.

I told him next time, I'm sitting in on the session.

#11 12 years ago

Man it looks like a pretty fun pin to play I must say. Hope I get the chance to play an LE someday!!

#12 12 years ago

I like the deep bell sound

+3 (I lost count... )
This will still do well for Stern I am sure.
Unfortunately for us, the LE's/premium's will be the only ones to consider owning from here on out. Sadly, $7-8K for ANY pinball machine is a bit
Ludacris.jpegLudacris.jpeg

for me.
Yet- I still keep saving up for JJP 2&3!
I sure hope the price of Ramen doesn't skyrocket in the next couple of years...

#13 12 years ago

The bell is awesome !!!!

#14 12 years ago

why is everyone saying the le's are the only ones to consider? the premiums have all the same in game features and toys without special cabinet trim and a couple other non game changing upgrades. i have no clue what the difference is in price but i think a premium ac/dc might still be a good option to save $.

#15 12 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

why is everyone saying the le's are the only ones to consider? the premiums have all the same in game features and toys without special cabinet trim and a couple other non game changing upgrades. i have no clue what the difference is in price but i think a premium ac/dc might still be a good option to save $.

I was just about to type and ask the same thing, to me the premium is the new model to buy I couldn't care less about special trim I just want all the toys and a fully featured playfield as intended, stern can keep their special trims and backglasses aslong as they give me a loaded playfield as originally intended, so no more LE's for me premium from here on out.

#16 12 years ago

From the videos, it seems that the playfield looks much more red vs. orange/flesh colored which is great. I think overall this pin is looking pretty good. Can't wait to see the Premium/LEs...

#17 12 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

jespo_19 said:why is everyone saying the le's are the only ones to consider? the premiums have all the same in game features and toys without special cabinet trim and a couple other non game changing upgrades. i have no clue what the difference is in price but i think a premium ac/dc might still be a good option to save $.
I was just about to type and ask the same thing, to me the premium is the new model to buy I couldn't care less about special trim I just want all the toys and a fully featured playfield as intended, stern can keep their special trims and backglasses aslong as they give me a loaded playfield as originally intended, so no more LE's for me premium from here on out.

Keep in mind that "Premium" model is gonna cost you north of $6,000. And frankly, I don't see much beyond what they were putting in $4k pins just a few short years ago. The price difference between the Pro and Premium is much greater than between Premium and LE. The few hundred extra dollars might be worth it for the additional features (e.g. installed shaker motor) but that is predicated on the Premium being worth the price.

#18 12 years ago

Ok really, this video gets you excited about what is coming I love a lot of the Sterns and maybe by some miracle this will be better play than some of the recent ones but seriously, it probably won't be as good as Rolling Stones and yet cost a whole lot more.....that's exciting

This whole pricing thing is about to come to a head with WOZ comparison in March....let the games really begin....

#19 12 years ago

What great pin has ever pounded out tracks of music? If I want that I can pop my iPod into the Dr. Dre beatbox and listen to whatever I want while playing and it will sound 10x better than any pinball machine with sub woofers, enhanced speakers etc.........

I might want to crank up some Metallica while I'm playing AC/DC!....just sayin

#20 12 years ago

Hadn't noticed until now, and may be the angle of the camera, but it seems difficult to see the ball in the right in/outlane area.

#21 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I might want to crank up some Metallica while I'm playing AC/DC!....just sayin

What will you listen to, when you are skipping with Dorthy and Toto, down the yellow brick road ?

Jim

#22 12 years ago

I'm not sure anybody caught the Ludacris pictorial reference

Don't forget the Spaghetti O's and Canned Ravioli....good stuff! After every meal stick a few bucks into the JJP #2 and #3 jars while the wife ain't looking!

#23 12 years ago

So gonna buy it! Long live the Face!

#24 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

What will you listen to, when you are skipping with Dorthy and Toto, down the yellow brick road ?

Jim

Glad you asked Jim!...The first thing I might do is cue up "Back in Black" and blast the living crap out of it.... Or maybe some Eagles, Springsteen, Buffett....or my favorite country mix! And I might even get a little crazy and go random like those iPod thingies are capable of doing, who knows!

And I'll have a six pack of Corona's iced down right next to the machine for the first set of plays (and many thereafter).....

And there is always one of my favorites, "Highway to Hell", but it would probably be a little Rodney Atkins of "If you are going through Hell...."....

So now that you mention it I think I'll come up with a special playlist for the first hour of play on that baby!.......and maybe it will include a few songs from "Goodbye Yellowbrick Road".....hehehe

#25 12 years ago

Guns n roses belts out lots of tracks most of the game, Lethal weapon, Highspeed 2 and Last action hero also play some sick songs. i mean everyone likes the TZ version of the golden earring's twilight zone right?

#26 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

iceman44 said:I might want to crank up some Metallica while I'm playing AC/DC!....just sayin
Jim

Ah, another Pinsider insecure in his masculinity.

Seriously, if you have listened to any Chris Granner pinball soundtracks, you'd know that what comes directly out of the WOZ speakers is going to sound killer.

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

Well played there Jim!

Quoted from StevenP:

Ah, another Pinsider insecure in his masculinity.

That is bogus man seriously. Just because some of us are not attracted to a WOZ themed pin we are insecure? I saw the pics of the art and slipper flipper and stuff and it just does nothing for me and some others and that is okay. WOZ has gotten enough hype and those that don't like the theme have been pretty good about not raining on the parade of those getting it (on Pinside at least). To each their own man no need to hate. Some WOZ fans seem to think that the pin is beyond reproach and that all other pins that are made are far inferior so sometimes someone is going to chime in with a comment like Jims.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

StevenP said:Ah, another Pinsider insecure in his masculinity.

That is bogus man seriously. Just because some of us are not attracted to a WOZ themed pin we are insecure? I saw the pics of the art and slipper flipper and stuff and it just does nothing for me and some others and that is okay. WOZ has gotten enough hype and those that don't like the theme have been pretty good about not raining on the parade of those getting it (on Pinside at least). To each their own man no need to hate. Some WOZ fans seem to think that the pin is beyond reproach and that all other pins that are made are far inferior so sometimes someone is going to chime in with a comment like Jims.

+1... Well, if "We're Off To See The Wizard" mode doesn't get your blood pumping then... [aww... F*** it! I tried...]. Long Live Rock 'n Roll!

#29 12 years ago

Dude,.....to each his own, we are having some fun here and we know you don't like WOZ theme but you can rain on my parade all you want and I don't care, lighten up, we are just having fun with Jim, he is a smart a** and means no harm, just fun!

I hope he loves his AC/DC pin! I know he will because he grew up with it......I think it stinks, that's just me....but I'm sure many will love it even after hearing Back in Black 3,000 times on the pin....

Whether it's WOZ or AC/DC I'd pull out my shotgun and blow out the speakers after that repetition....does anybody really buy a pin for the songs over and over again......

#30 12 years ago
Quoted from BigOrange:

+1... Well, if "We're Off To See The Wizard" mode doesn't get your blood pumping then... [aww... F*** it! I tried...]. Long Live Rock 'n Roll!

Well played Big Orange

#31 12 years ago

Looks pretty sweet! I can see how people don't like the huge face, but it wouldn't bother me.

#32 12 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

does anybody really buy a pin for the songs over and over again......

To answer a question with a question: Is GNR still holding it's value?

OT: OMG - GNR Topper ebay.com link: ws

#33 12 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Jim

...stereo sound with better speakers and audio ports.

you sir will be in 1970's with mono sound in a music pin in 2012 ...lol

but seriously, i hope ac/dc rocks and plays awesome. if it does i have no problem pulling the trigger on a premium at some point. i grew up with ac/dc, its in my dna but am not blown away with what i have seen yet.

and jim i hope i am wrong and eat humble pie, i would love to be wrong here.

#34 12 years ago

Bong!!!!!

Everyone seems to love the bell anyway

#35 12 years ago

honda350r said:What will you listen to, when you are skipping with Dorthy and Toto, down the yellow brick road ?
Jim

Well played there Jim!
StevenP said:Ah, another Pinsider insecure in his masculinity.

Jeez. Even in retrospect, the crack about "skipping with Dorothy and Toto" appears to be more of a general dig than my retort. I think the AC/DC theme rocks. But I also expect the music in WOZ to be far better than the simple lighthearted tunes from the movie that people seem to focus on. And it will be blasting through a kickass stereo sound system. I really am surprised/annoyed that AC/DC (and the Stones) is in mono.

April should certainly be interesting, with AC/DC LEs and WOZs making their appearances and being compared in actuality.

#36 12 years ago

DMD video

#37 12 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I really am surprised/annoyed that AC/DC (and the Stones) is in mono. April should certainly be interesting, with AC/DC LEs and WOZs making their appearances and being compared in actuality.

Have to agree with you on that one mono speakers especially for this release are unacceptable. Definitely exciting times for Pinheads.

Quoted from iceman44:

hether it's WOZ or AC/DC I'd pull out my shotgun and blow out the speakers after that repetition....does anybody really buy a pin for the songs over and over again.

Iceman sorry to inform you but all pinball tracks will be repetitive unless in the future they allow you to download drastic changes to the sound which could happen but thus far has not. I would take a shotgun to slipper flippers and cabinet art I can't stand way before I would to the sound of AC/DC rocking out. But hey as you said to each their own.

#38 12 years ago

One thing that bugs me about the AC/DC pin so far, (and I am a big fan of their music and have seen them on tour), is standing in front of the game and flicking through those 12 tracks like I'm flipping through my iPod looking for something to listen to. Then it seems like that one song is going to play while you have that ball in play. I like the music in the pin, but usually when you play pinball, the music changes when you accomplish something on the playfield. Either the tempo increases or gets louder or whatever. This game just seems like a jukebox for some reason with the occaisional bell sound when you hit the Hell's Bell.

That said, until yesterday, (when the German video came out), I was moving finances around with full intent on ordering the BiBLE version cuz I think it's going to be a killer pin for Stern. I'm just not sure now if I'm as deeply interested. Maybe future software changes will do something here, but maybe not.

I hope it turns out great, and maybe I'll get one in the end after seeing some LE footage. And for the record, I have WOZ on order too, so I don't care who the manufacturer is as long as the game is fun to play.

#39 12 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

A friend of mine was like "Oh, James, I had this pinball guy in recording voice over for an AC/DC pinball game and I thought of you. He was a pretty funny dude, doing the voice of Satan."
Steve fucking Ritchie.
I told him next time, I'm sitting in on the session.

I am super jealous! I would love to track vo's for a pinball machine...but with THE steve ritchie? That would be too awesome.

Quoted from shock_me:

it seems like that one song is going to play while you have that ball in play. I like the music in the pin, but usually when you play pinball, the music changes when you accomplish something on the playfield. Either the tempo increases or gets louder or whatever. This game just seems like a jukebox for some reason with the occaisional bell sound when you hit the Hell's Bell.

This. So much.

With only one song playing the whole time the modes will feel very similar. One of the most rewarding things on a pin is hearing the music change when you start a new mode/multiball; or hearing a new sound you haven't heard in a while when you hit a jackpot. I feel one thing that makes medieval madness so likable is the vast voice set and music it has.

With a lackluster sound package, the experience lacks overall. Especially on a musically themed machine.

#40 12 years ago

Well said. This is why I think music pins don't work fundamentally. The music should work for the game, not vice versa. This is also my biggest gripe with the Zen Pinball/Pinball FX series of video games - the music runs on an unending loop in the background rather than responding to the events on the table.

I think the only way there could be a truly rounded music pinball table is if the musicians involved worked in tandem with the sound designer and created all the original (or at least adapted from existing work) music that is needed.

Each element of music in a pinball game is repetitive on it's own but when they are put together, you actually turn them into a song as you play. That's the beauty of music in pinball.

To be fair on this AC/DC pin, the music does sound good and they chose well to accompany the main songs with cheering and additional guitar riffs but it still lacks that connection to what you are achieving in the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-in-action and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.