Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by matbkk
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Untitled0 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg
IMG_3615 (resized).jpg
IMG_3639 (resized).jpg
IMG_3637 (resized).jpg
IMG_3629 (resized).jpg
IMG_3622 (resized).jpg
IMG_3621 (resized).jpg
IMG_3619 (resized).jpg
IMG_3617 (resized).jpg
IMG_3614 (resized).jpg
IMG_3609 (resized).jpg
IMG_3606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3612 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matbkk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 months ago

Hello,

This is my first post after reading you all for few weeks.
I am new in a Pinball passion and I am starting with a huge handicap.
Indeed I am french but I am living in Thailand where Pinball are 'almost' illegal. Infact it is imposible to import but we can find some here.

Of course as there are not that much offers and the the asking prices are high... ,

I am interested by an AC/DC (Pro) which is now in an Arcade Area. The owner is supposed to give me his best price by the end of the week but I know that it won't be cheap and I am already very concerned by the overall looking of the machine.
Although it works well, I played for an hour and I haven't noticed any issue.

Obviously the playfield need to be changed along with the ramp, the fire button ...

How much will cost me all this spare parts ?
Without experience but with patience can I do the job by myself ?
What shall I check in priority on this machine ?

Thanks by advance for your help,
Matbkk

PS: I haven't got any access yet to the cabinet

IMG_3606 (resized).jpgIMG_3609 (resized).jpgIMG_3612 (resized).jpgIMG_3614 (resized).jpgIMG_3615 (resized).jpgIMG_3617 (resized).jpgIMG_3619 (resized).jpgIMG_3621 (resized).jpgIMG_3622 (resized).jpgIMG_3629 (resized).jpgIMG_3637 (resized).jpgIMG_3639 (resized).jpg
#6 7 months ago

No everything is not legal here. Actually the pinballs are not very popular in Asia and were/are very controlled as they are affraid about the gambling.

I feel so much better reading your response about the playfield !
on this particular model is there anything that we whould focus while inspecting ?

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have seen a Stern Spider Man pinball machine with just as much dirt on the playfield. The game use to be at Disney World set to free play and had a play count of 100,000. I think it sold for $3800. The game was taken apart and cleaned. All of that dirt on the AC/DC will come of and the table will look great. The Spider Man is now at a private arcade close to me. I have played it since being cleared. The game plays great, as will that AC/DC if you clean it You can always order new rubbers and the fire button for AC/DC.

Thanks it is reassuring ! How can I get the total playcount number ?

#22 7 months ago

Sorry for the delay in response.
So far I have no news from the seller, I am in contact with the sales rep who told me that she will ask her boss for a "good price". As the game is now in an arcade I bet that they are not in rush.

Also you can't imagine how hard it is here. I am looking for machine but they do not care about selling them and the prices are crazy.
So I do not want to be too pushy as it won't go in my favor.

BUT thanks all for your advices as it helps me a lot.

I keep you posted as soon as I get the prices.

#32 7 months ago

No news, !!!!!
I want to cry trying to make some deals here si too hard. They do not give a ... . They never call you back !
Here are our exchange.
1st message 29 APRIL
2nt message 03 MAY

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled0 (resized).jpg
#38 7 months ago

Just got the 'boss special price' : $6,900

#44 7 months ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:Go to Stern's website and look at the distributors in Thailand. https://sternpinball.com/find-international-distributor/
Then call and ask for pricing on what you're interested in.

For the same price I can get a Star Wars Pro NIB delivered here by one of this distributors.
I have actually already ordered a Batman 66 which is supposed to arrive next months.

#45 7 months ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Dont buy, import a new one from U.S. or Europe. I'm sure it costs alot and that's why it's priced there but my guess is you can buy and import a beautiful example for the same price. We've shipped and imported games from New Zealand to the U.S. I bet you can manage.

As mentionned earlier it is illegal here. For NIB some importer 'manage' to get them in but for second hand it is impossible to pass the customs.

#46 7 months ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Wow, a new in box LED goes for $5100 with shipping. It must be rare in Bangkok. What do you think? Make him an offer?

I will pass. I am not crazy about the ACDC Theme and they might sell it... Last month a store sold an Elvis for $9,000. Another guy has priced an Sega Harley Davidson at $11,300 !!!!

Yesterday I found 2 other machines. Simpsons 2003 $9,300 and Data East Star Wars $7,100 !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 48.00
Playfield - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider matbkk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside