IMG_3619 (resized).jpg
IMG_3617 (resized).jpg
IMG_3614 (resized).jpg
IMG_3609 (resized).jpg
IMG_3606 (resized).jpg
IMG_3612 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hello,

This is my first post after reading you all for few weeks.
I am new in a Pinball passion and I am starting with a huge handicap.
Indeed I am french but I am living in Thailand where Pinball are 'almost' illegal. Infact it is imposible to import but we can find some here.

Of course as there are not that much offers and the the asking prices are high... ,

I am interested by an AC/DC (Pro) which is now in an Arcade Area. The owner is supposed to give me his best price by the end of the week but I know that it won't be cheap and I am already very concerned by the overall looking of the machine.
Although it works well, I played for an hour and I haven't noticed any issue.

Obviously the playfield need to be changed along with the ramp, the fire button ...

How much will cost me all this spare parts ?
Without experience but with patience can I do the job by myself ?
What shall I check in priority on this machine ?

Thanks by advance for your help,
Matbkk

PS: I haven't got any access yet to the cabinet

IMG_3606 (resized).jpgIMG_3606 (resized).jpgIMG_3609 (resized).jpgIMG_3609 (resized).jpgIMG_3612 (resized).jpgIMG_3612 (resized).jpgIMG_3614 (resized).jpgIMG_3614 (resized).jpgIMG_3615 (resized).jpgIMG_3615 (resized).jpgIMG_3617 (resized).jpgIMG_3617 (resized).jpgIMG_3619 (resized).jpgIMG_3619 (resized).jpgIMG_3621 (resized).jpgIMG_3621 (resized).jpgIMG_3622 (resized).jpgIMG_3622 (resized).jpgIMG_3629 (resized).jpgIMG_3629 (resized).jpgIMG_3637 (resized).jpgIMG_3637 (resized).jpgIMG_3639 (resized).jpgIMG_3639 (resized).jpg
#2 4 years ago

That playfield looks really dirty, but I bet it cleans up really well.

#3 4 years ago

With all the things that are legal in bangkok...pinball is almost illegal??

#4 4 years ago

This playfield doesn't need to be changed at all. I'd say it's probably a very good playfield. It probably plays bad now because of all the dirt, but give it a good cleaning and the dirt will come right off. Search pinside for how to clean a playfield. This is regular maintanance.
You can see that there are no areas were the wood is showing, which is good. The flipper needing rubbers is a small thing, that is regular maintanance as well.

#5 4 years ago

That playfield will clean up very nicely! You will just need a nice shop job, and a few parts from either Pinball Heaven, or from an Asian distributor.

#6 4 years ago

No everything is not legal here. Actually the pinballs are not very popular in Asia and were/are very controlled as they are affraid about the gambling.

I feel so much better reading your response about the playfield !
on this particular model is there anything that we whould focus while inspecting ?

#7 4 years ago

I have seen a Stern Spider Man pinball machine with just as much dirt on the playfield. The game use to be at Disney World set to free play and had a play count of 100,000. I think it sold for $3800. The game was taken apart and cleaned. All of that dirt on the AC/DC will come of and the table will look great. The Spider Man is now at a private arcade close to me. I have played it since being cleared. The game plays great, as will that AC/DC if you clean it You can always order new rubbers and the fire button for AC/DC.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have seen a Stern Spider Man pinball machine with just as much dirt on the playfield. The game use to be at Disney World set to free play and had a play count of 100,000. I think it sold for $3800. The game was taken apart and cleaned. All of that dirt on the AC/DC will come of and the table will look great. The Spider Man is now at a private arcade close to me. I have played it since being cleared. The game plays great, as will that AC/DC if you clean it You can always order new rubbers and the fire button for AC/DC.

Thanks it is reassuring ! How can I get the total playcount number ?

#9 4 years ago

It's in the audit information menus, accessible with the inside coin door buttons. You can check them out before handing the $ over, as long as owner has the key.

Personally, I understand your situation. You pretty much buy this or don't buy any machine. Just make sure you understand that you are looking at MANY hours of work to get this game clean. I wouldn't pay any more than 3500 USD for it with that many plays but I understand you have to pay a premium because of your location.

#10 4 years ago

Wow, that is one dirty game. Playing that on location with no flipper rubbers would be interesting. Should clean up great though.

#11 4 years ago

A worn out toothbrush and Novus 2 will be your best friend. The plunger looks mushroomed from being played to death with no rubber tip. I would file that down or replace it. Everything looks like it should clean up nicely. Don't forget to clean the underside of all the inserts with a q-tip and glass cleaner. New rubbers, flipper rebuild kit, new bulbs, lockdown bar button. I would think everything you need could be had for under $200.

#12 4 years ago

How is it possible those flipper bats aren't cracked?

#13 4 years ago

Common issues are raised inserts and cracks at ramp entrance.
But overall great game .
Had pro and premium really enjoyed the pro.
You will enjoy it.

#14 4 years ago

bought at least 5-10 games this bad, will still clean up like new, don't sweat it.

#15 4 years ago

Playfield is just dirty and easy to clean. Probably just needs a shop job where you clean, replace rubbers, replace burnt bulbs, and maybe replace a few switches. Lock bar button shouldn't be too expensive. All that would be really easy to do and cheap. More expensive repairs would be if ramps are broken or things that don't work. It could just be an inexpensive switch or it could be something else. That's always the gamble on a game like that. Should be easy fixes but helpful to know issues so you can negotiate price better.

#16 4 years ago

Pinball almost illegal there. That's We are planning a trip to Thailand later this year.

Looks like most of it is cosmetic, not sure how much parts will cost you there, but it should clean up pretty good.

#17 4 years ago

I think that after giving the machine a good clean, new balls and a new fire button that it will shine again
Hope the price will be reasonable.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Hello,
This is my first post after reading you all for few weeks.
I am new in a Pinball passion and I am starting with a huge handicap.
Indeed I am french but I am living in Thailand where Pinball are 'almost' illegal. Infact it is imposible to import but we can find some here.
Of course as there are not that much offers and the the asking prices are high... ,
I am interested by an AC/DC (Pro) which is now in an Arcade Area. The owner is supposed to give me his best price by the end of the week but I know that it won't be cheap and I am already very concerned by the overall looking of the machine.
Although it works well, I played for an hour and I haven't noticed any issue.
Obviously the playfield need to be changed along with the ramp, the fire button ...
How much will cost me all this spare parts ?
Without experience but with patience can I do the job by myself ?
What shall I check in priority on this machine ?
Thanks by advance for your help,
Matbkk
PS: I haven't got any access yet to the cabinet [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That playfield will clean up great. It won't need to be replaced, just cleaned and buffed out. It will look close to new when finished.

I wouldn't worry about the small nick in the cabinet art on the head. Replacement lightning bolts are $20 for a set for 3 of the newer Stern reinforced LED ones.

https://www.pinballlife.com/acdc-reinforced-thunder-struck-lightning-bolts-set-of-3.html

The lockdown bar is the only major single expense at about $120 + shipping.

That's about a $3200-3500 machine. Add in the parts and rehab time, and you're at $3900-$4000ish for a nice pro.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Thanks it is reassuring ! How can I get the total playcount number ?

Very easy. Go to the audits and scroll to total plays, I think it is around the 14th selection which tells you. How much does he want for the game? Post some more photos if you have a chance.

#20 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

It's in the audit information menus, accessible with the inside coin door buttons. You can check them out before handing the $ over, as long as owner has the key.
Personally, I understand your situation. You pretty much buy this or don't buy any machine. Just make sure you understand that you are looking at MANY hours of work to get this game clean. I wouldn't pay any more than 3500 USD for it with that many plays but I understand you have to pay a premium because of your location.

Seems a little low to pay. Like I mentioned, I think the game which was in relatively the same condition as this AC/DC went for $3800 here in the US. If there are no games for sale in Thailand, then I would expect to pay MORE then $3800. Which still seems fair. I have an AC/DC pro and the game is killer! That game would be soooo easy to clean and would play great when cleaned. A few rubbers and even if it need a few parts, this would be very easy to fix, even for a new person in the hobby. The OP said he played it for an hour with no issues. I would say buy the game!

#21 4 years ago

OP...so what are the updates????

#22 4 years ago

Sorry for the delay in response.
So far I have no news from the seller, I am in contact with the sales rep who told me that she will ask her boss for a "good price". As the game is now in an arcade I bet that they are not in rush.

Also you can't imagine how hard it is here. I am looking for machine but they do not care about selling them and the prices are crazy.
So I do not want to be too pushy as it won't go in my favor.

BUT thanks all for your advices as it helps me a lot.

I keep you posted as soon as I get the prices.

#23 4 years ago

You'd think with them bring so rare and expensive there that the current owner could be bothered to do even a tiny bit of maintenance... WTF?!?

I hope it looking so horrible has them convinced it's worth less too, and you get a good deal. Get it back to its former glory and take better care of it than they did!

#24 4 years ago

Not that I'm suggesting this.... but... if one were to say go there and discreetly break one of the pins off the wall plug maybe they'd just throw it out and you can grab it from the dumpster

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

You'd think with them bring so rare and expensive there that the current owner could be bothered to do even a tiny bit of maintenance... WTF?!?
I hope it looking so horrible has them convinced it's worth less too, and you get a good deal. Get it back to its former glory and take better care of it than they did!

It is strange to find out how pinball is rare there yet no one is maintaining that AC/DC.

#26 4 years ago

According to this website, as well as many others you can legally buy a pinball machine in Thailand. Not sure way some are saying it is illegal there????? They are even converted to there power source from Stern's factory.
https://www.thephuketnews.com/stern-pinball-70731.php#E74qiBfAH2qJsxp0.97

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

How can I get the total playcount number ?

You can't. The software will only show the plays since the last software update. It's not very useful because the total plays may be much higher.
Base your purchasing decision on the condition.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

You can't. The software will only show the plays since the last software update. It's not very useful because the total plays may be much higher.

You're correct when it comes to plays, but not when it comes to earnings. The earnings persist between updates. Since this is on location, he can still see the lifetime earnings.

#29 4 years ago

True, but based on the condition of this machine, I highly doubt the software version is anything different from what it come from the factory with. I would bet that the play count in the audit menu is close to being accurate.

With that said, I never purchase based on the number of plays. Condition is always king.

Like others have said, it will clean up nicely. You'll need a new set of rubbers and balls at minimum, but i wouldn't be surprised if there are other (minor) things that need to be fixed. GL!

#30 4 years ago

There is NO WAY that machine has ever been updated.

#31 4 years ago

OP any updates over the weekend?

#32 4 years ago

No news, !!!!!
I want to cry trying to make some deals here si too hard. They do not give a ... . They never call you back !
Here are our exchange.
1st message 29 APRIL
2nt message 03 MAY

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpgUntitled0 (resized).jpgUntitled0 (resized).jpg
#33 4 years ago
#35 4 years ago

ooooo special price!

#36 4 years ago

Ooooh you want shitty pork or shitty Pinball ?

#37 4 years ago

Does not even know you, but will give you a special price. What is this persons phone number? I will call them also and ask for a price.

#38 4 years ago

Just got the 'boss special price' : $6,900

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Wow, a new in box LED goes for $5100 with shipping. It must be rare in Bangkok. What do you think? Make him an offer?

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Phuk! That is very “special”.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from matbkk:

Go to Stern's website and look at the distributors in Thailand. https://sternpinball.com/find-international-distributor/
Then call and ask for pricing on what you're interested in.

#42 4 years ago

Dont buy, import a new one from U.S. or Europe. I'm sure it costs alot and that's why it's priced there but my guess is you can buy and import a beautiful example for the same price. We've shipped and imported games from New Zealand to the U.S. I bet you can manage.

#43 4 years ago

Go to Stern's website and look at the distributors in Thailand. https://sternpinball.com/find-international-distributor/

Wow. Ton of distro there. Well done

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:Go to Stern's website and look at the distributors in Thailand. https://sternpinball.com/find-international-distributor/

For the same price I can get a Star Wars Pro NIB delivered here by one of this distributors.
I have actually already ordered a Batman 66 which is supposed to arrive next months.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Dont buy, import a new one from U.S. or Europe. I'm sure it costs alot and that's why it's priced there but my guess is you can buy and import a beautiful example for the same price. We've shipped and imported games from New Zealand to the U.S. I bet you can manage.

As mentionned earlier it is illegal here. For NIB some importer 'manage' to get them in but for second hand it is impossible to pass the customs.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Wow, a new in box LED goes for $5100 with shipping. It must be rare in Bangkok. What do you think? Make him an offer?

I will pass. I am not crazy about the ACDC Theme and they might sell it... Last month a store sold an Elvis for $9,000. Another guy has priced an Sega Harley Davidson at $11,300 !!!!

Yesterday I found 2 other machines. Simpsons 2003 $9,300 and Data East Star Wars $7,100 !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-for-sale-in-bad-condition?hl=pinkopf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.