(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#366 4 years ago

Is there a way to play to the "Live" music?

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

not during the game but you can press the FIRE button to switch to am when in radio mode

Was hoping that was not the case. If you achieve wizard mode, is there a hidden song the you are able to access?

3 weeks later
#382 4 years ago

During recent gameplay, the spinner somehow stopped sitting level. Now the ball passes directly under it, without touching the spinner first. I don't see anything bent or dislodged. I tried to reset it by hand but it will not stay level. Any ideas???

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If it turns freely still, yes, it’s bent. If you’re holding it level, one or both of the arms on the spinner itself is bent forwards or backwards, and you’ll need to bend it back to bias the spinner correctly.

Yes, it spins freely. I will try that then.

4 weeks later
#393 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I picked up an original Pro model from the local operator. It's been on route its entire life and shows a little over 18,800 paid credits. Play field still looks great with almost no wear. She does need some work though. All the lightning bolt targets are busted and the ramp entrances are destroyed.
I ordered ramps, new lightning bolts and all the parts for rebuilding the flippers and pops. I plan on starting the tear down sometime next week. It looks pretty straight forward compared to Star Trek which was my first topside tear down. This will be the second.
I cleaned the underside of the inserts and it made a huge difference already. It already has LEDs, but I plan on swapping some of them out. They used colored LEDs in some spots for GI, which I absolutely hate.
The original DMD had a line through it, so I swapped that out with one I had laying around. I'm not sure if I want to do a speaker upgrade and or a colorDMD on this one yet.
It's just sitting in the middle of the room now ready to be stripped.
[quoted image]

Would like to see more pics of your pro with 18800 plays on it. Looks good from the pic you did post.

#397 4 years ago

From the pic the ramps don't really look bad. Sometimes all it needs is a quick wipe down. If you ever get around to it post some more detailed pics of your game. Would be interested to see the wear on an AC/DC with that may plays.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Yeah but are there dimples!!?? Lol
Congrats on the machine. Some of the nice LED lightning bolts out there for sale now will fix those broken ones right up. I love mine. And Cliffy protect that shooter lane and it’ll help that out. Impressed that the ramp plastic look nice, but a shame about the cracked entrances. I’ve seen that a ton on the machines that didn’t come with the metal edge armor on those ramps like the vault editions do.

His appears to have the metal edge armor on the ramps. Right?

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Yeah but are there dimples!!?? Lol
Congrats on the machine. Some of the nice LED lightning bolts out there for sale now will fix those broken ones right up. I love mine. And Cliffy protect that shooter lane and it’ll help that out. Impressed that the ramp plastic look nice, but a shame about the cracked entrances. I’ve seen that a ton on the machines that didn’t come with the metal edge armor on those ramps like the vault editions do.

Had to zoom on to spot that one. They actually don't have the metal armor. Good observation.

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

The Pro's did not come with the protectors. I added these when I replaced my ramp.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0579-01

They must only come with the vault / pro edition.

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey everyone, what are your typical scores?
I hit 40m pretty often, but also get pretty frustrated like,
"oh come on I've had this machine for over a year and I still can't hit that right ramp shot reliably?"
what are some of your thoughts about your play or scoring?
Thanks
Mike

Unless I play this game consistently I am unable to hit the left/right ramps for multiple combos.

#427 4 years ago

My back ordered plastics should be here tonight so I can start my tear down. I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the scuffed up new ramps I got from Marco though....

Post some pics

#432 4 years ago

I'm not too thrilled with these. I'm afraid to send them back, because I'll probably get something worse.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Are those used?

#433 4 years ago

I'm not too thrilled with these. I'm afraid to send them back, because I'll probably get something worse.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where were they ordered from?

#435 4 years ago

Unfortunately not. Brand new.

I think someone sells train track stickers for them...

Marco.

You should call them. The first pic looks like its cracked.

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Well the time has come. ;-( My first brand new game in my life and I'm trading it. Almost lost a lil sleep over it last night, but I'm bored w it, so its time to go. Theres nothing like getting your first NIB pin...

No way! I always come back to this machine, keep it. I could never find a pro for a decent price. Then the vault edition came out, which went for less than a used one at the time. Scooped one up and never looked back.

3 weeks later
#457 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Has anyone replaced the rubbers on their AC/DC? The ones located under the ramp seem hard to get at. Even the front bumpers are not easy with the cannon. Thanks.

Never. How many plays are on you machine that you need to replace them?

3 weeks later
#463 4 years ago
Quoted from zpinman370:

Hey guys- on my AC/DC I have the lamp under the Tour Multiball insert staying on weakly when you start the game. Very odd and just wondering if anyone else has had this occur and if so what was the solution

My tour multiball insert light flickers evertime I press the flippers. Never been able to find out why.

#465 4 years ago

One of the best games ever. Played this for two hours straight!

#466 4 years ago

All this playing has now caused several playfield lights to illuminate when I press the flipper buttons. Any ideas how to fix this?

1 month later
#475 4 years ago

My Ac/dc vault is having an issue. Some of the lower playfield/insert lights are illuminating when they are not suppose to be lit. There are 3 under playfield lights that partially stay light during gameplay when they are not suppose to be on. I noticed they will also partially flicker when I press the flipper buttons or the popbumpers are activated. I can also cause them to flicker by slapping the side of the machine. I checked all the sockets but don't notice any issues. Any thoughts?

2 weeks later
#476 3 years ago

Anyone???

My Ac/dc vault is having an issue. Some of the lower playfield/insert lights are illuminating when they are not suppose to be lit. There are 3 under playfield lights that partially stay light during gameplay when they are not suppose to be on. I noticed they will also partially flicker when I press the flipper buttons or the popbumpers are activated. I can also cause them to flicker by slapping the side of the machine. I checked all the sockets but don't notice any issues. Any thoughts?

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

newpinbin If you can slap on the side and have the issue happen, 99.9% of the time it is a bad/loose connection. That means it is a physical issue. So from there you are trying to track that down.
Normally I would start in the backbox for that. I'd check the lighting connectors back there, giving them a light wiggle and seeing if the flicker happens. Be very aware that wiggling that connector may move both ends of the cable. So finding it may not mean you are done. What you are looking for is the specific thing that is bad. A lot of times it can be a loose IDC wire (Insulation Displacement Connector). IDC sucks, but it is cheaper and faster to build and manufacture at scale. Sometimes I will even use a small screwdriver to run down the connector... but you should be experienced before doing that. It is easy to miss and short something out.
From there I'd pop up the playfield. There are a few different connectors that come down to the playfield. But the whole time you are doing this, keep your eyes on those lights. If you move a wire and they flicker or change, you have it by the tail. You are focusing on finding the one spot where you wiggle, and get your issue.
I realize this is general, and not AC/DC specific. But you are debugging a general problem. Also just keep in mind that with all this moving stuff around, an IDC connector may make better contact and the issue may disappear. Don't give up if that happens. Otherwise it will just come back.
Let us know how you are doing with this.

Thanks for the reply. I am still going over the machine, will just one bad connector cause multiple lights to dimly illuminate?

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Actually one bad wire in a connector can cause it.

Do you know what number on the CPU controls the lights?

3 weeks later
#490 3 years ago

Does anyone know how to fix this spinner on my ac/dc pro? The ball passes under the spinner.

20200608_184016 (resized).jpg20200608_184016 (resized).jpg
#493 3 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

You can gently bend the spinner rods that mount through the holes. You may need to support the spinner bracket with one hand (depending on how much it flexes). Firmly grab the spinner blade and push it upwards (firmly but gently). It will alter how the spinner sits. You may need to push the spinner in different directions to get the angle you want. Try it, you will soon see what I am talking about.

That fixed it!!! No more shots from the cannon directed at the spinner, which is how this happened in the first place.

1 week later
#497 3 years ago

Is there a hidden song that you can unlock on the PRO?

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

« Spoiler! Click to reveal. Not really a hidden song, but yea, if you get to Encore you'll get the live version of Let there be Rock. »

Is that only extra song in the game?

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think there's a setting to change all the songs to live songs. But besides that, as far as I know, that's it.

I think you can only listen to the live songs. Never found a way to play to them.

1 month later
#508 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

What’s Lyman up to these days? How about a nice code update while we’re stuck at home! Little mini mode at 6 songs, and some Oi mania!

Yes, a new code update is needed.

4 weeks later
#513 3 years ago

The LED has that same bell

1 week later
#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think this link is still good for my code (let me know if it’s not):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UT_5ljlan-ST-NeNGT4uciTeacxKuBys/view?usp=sharing
Let there be rock = Shoot to Thrill
Hell Ain't a Bad Place = Have a Drink
War Machine = Money Talks
No need to rename it, upload it into the game just like any other update.
As for mixing in your own flavor of songs. I use Pinball Browser for import/export of music and Audacity to edit the songs. Check out oga83 first post in the pinball browser thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012 - and then read up on instructions for using audacity in the same thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/18#post-1202250
To answer your question about replacing songs with the same exact song length...no, not exactly. That’s where Audacity comes into play; use pinball browser to find out the song length you are replacing, then edit the new song to your liking to fit that time. That’s why it takes some time and patience to import your own music - edit, import, download into machine only to find that a few spots of the songs don’t work right....edit again, import, download into machine...rinse and repeat until you get a solid. It took me approx 8 tries to get the 3 songs I have in my code to sound how I like it, getting shoot to thrill at the right spot for both gameplay and high score initials took about 4 tries in itself. And to be honest I could probably do one more edit for Money Talks.

Will this just add these new songs to my pro? I don't want to lose the songs I already have.

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It doesn’t add any new songs. It replaces 3 songs with 3 new songs.
Out = LTBR, HABPTB, War Machine
In = Shoot to thrill, have a drink, money talks

So if you want the original songs back at a later time you just download the current stern code?

#528 3 years ago

What is the song quality like?

2 months later
#534 3 years ago

I knew you'd be back!

#543 3 years ago

Still have my pro. Great game, never came close to the end.

1 month later
#563 3 years ago

Does anyone have the numbers on how many of the pros were made?

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

Played an AC/DC at the local arcade today, never like music pins but really enjoyed it. Managed 49mil for a free game, and #3 score, which was sweet.
The games for sale for I think $4400... obviously routed since it's in an arcade but it's in good shape compared to most the others in the arcade.
It's the 2017 rerelease version I believe, no lower playfield or huge face in the middle of the PF, has the bell and cannon, pretty sure that's which it was after looking at pics afterwards.
I don't see many reviews or listings for the newer release version, how is that price and how is that machine vs. the Pro or Premium models that preceded it?
Edit: forgot I took a pic!
[quoted image]

From the pic it looks clean. Good price as well.

3 months later
#610 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Just picked up an AC/DC pro. It needs a new playfield. I think the balls before I got it were sandpaper covered balls.
Can the Vault playfield be used in a old pro?
The Vault art is much nicer than the large face.
[quoted image]

That is an excessive amount of wear. A Spiderman I came across had over 100,000 plays on the audit and no where near the amount of wear as your AC/DC. Was that a routed machine? What was the play count?

#612 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Guaranteed it was a routed machine. The inside of the cabinet isn’t dirty, the mechs aren’t sloppy or anything. The only broken plastics are a couple lighting bolts. The playfield just broke down hard.
No audits, as the code was updated before I got it. There was no old school counter in the cabinet either.

It must have been a very popular theme or the only pinball machine on location. Did you buy it at an auction? Mine has a clear factory plastic cover over the pop bumper area, which is to protect the high wear area. It looks like yours may have been removed. Are you able to provide any more photos? I have always been interested in seeing how much abuse a well played AC/DC has on the playfield like yours.

#614 2 years ago

The playfield appears to have a long fractured/split from the pop bumper clear insert light up towards the "A" and "X" lanes. Not sure how a split like that would even happen. Would be so interesting to know the history of this machine and how all this damage actually occurred. I have the VE, the only thing different is the swinging bell on mine. Did the cabinet on this hold up?

#617 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I hope it wasn't the P1 auction recently? I think that game went for $7k plus Canadian. He should have gone and inspected the game in advance as they always have a day the public can come and check out the games for sale (even with COVID).[quoted image]

Crazy to see that machines are even going for these prices. I bought my VE NIB and shipped for $5200 and I thought that was an outrageous price.

2 weeks later
#636 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Added some pop bumper caps and light rings today. Also put a red flasher inside the bell, wired to insert flasher. Ordered new lightning bolt flashers from AliExpress ($26 CND for 3 shipped to my door). They are great.
I really don’t like the “R” insert being totally hidden under the cannon. Will try to add a visual aid soon. Still thinking of ideas.
During gameplay all I hear is Immortan Joe from mad max doing the call outs.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What is the play count on this under your audits?

#639 2 years ago

By the amount of wear marks it had to be a lot.

#641 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Pf is trashed. Going to get a new one soon. Us Canada border is still closed. I will get killed on taxes and customs if I order one now.
The game is playing fine. I only have one ball hang up and that’s between the cannon and the ramp.
[quoted image]

That's actually very impressive. Shows how well the game is built. When you first bought the game did you have to replace anything?

#644 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Replaced the top post of the right sling. It was broken in half. The game is pretty solid.
When I do the pf swap, I’ll get new nyliners for the auto Fire mech, ramp protector kit, and a plastic set. Then just general rebuild stuff, coil stops, all new pop bumpers, etc...

Could you send some more photos of that playfield including the shooter lane wear?

#647 2 years ago

I need to get one.

2 weeks later
#660 2 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Here is this beat up AC/DC I am fixing up if you want to have a look...

[quoted image]

Great video

#661 2 years ago

Is there supposed to be a light behind this lightning bolt like the other two?[quoted image]

What is the play count on this?

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My pro was bought with 42,000 balls played, so almost 15,000 plays. It likely did not get balls changed as often as they should, similar to this machine. I have a little wear in the pop area that I covered with mylar, but that wear by the left targets is really interesting.
Looking forward to seeing how that gets coated. If the process can’t be shown, please describe it in the video as I’m really curious how you tackle that.

Looks like he just made a new video, but don't see that part in it. Any pictures of your table?

#665 2 years ago

Why do all these ac/dc's with under 20,000 plays have this much wear? I have seen a 2007 Spiderman with 100,000 documented plays from Disney with less wear. Stern must have built games better back then.

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’m not too surprised with wear in the pops on these games. The pops area is very high traffic and that spot probably ages a lot faster than the rest of the game. I’m not thrilled with the wear, but I am trying to protect that area on mine to prevent more to that spot.

I have noticed a lot more wear on modern Stern games compared with the older ones. There is a local arcade with a Deadpool that has 5,000 plays on it. The playfield is absolutely trashed.

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m curious how trashed. Like ripped up, or just dimples?

I did not notice any rips. There was a massive amount of dimples everywhere and the clear coat looked as if most of it was gone. The 2007 Spiderman was next to it and was in better overall condition.

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

This is after I cleaned it but before adding a big piece of mylar that I trimmed to fit really close to the pop bumper skirts.
[quoted image]

Are you able to take a photo of the center/lower area of the playfield? I am interested in seeing how it held up.

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Where is this? I know of two DP on location here and neither has a Spider Man.
What you will see on Sterns from the last few years is that they are putting clear on thicker than from the early 2000’s. George Gomez has said this. Reason being is because it looks pretty. It’s also more thickness of clear that will form a more defined dimple. If you look at the Walking Dead at Golf N Stuff it is filthy and dimpled but nothing close to what my GB or Maiden look like. You can see the grain of the wood on TWD (just like I can see on my ACDC) because the clear is thinner. Can it wear through? Sure, in high traffic areas with mangled balls and never getting cleaned/waxed. But the clear is durable in that it doesn’t chip.
To me, the fix for Stern is obvious, go back to a thinner clear. But, it doesn’t present as well as a thick clear. If it’s a more durable product (with far fewer customer issues) then what is there to consider?

Mine is on location but the lower area is dimpled but fine.

It is an arcade that is out of state. I can PM you the name of it. They also have a Guardians which is in the same condition as the DP.

#674 2 years ago

Thanks man! 18000 plays when I got it!
This link should take you to the spot in the video regarding the touch ups.

But here are a couple pics of the results as well...
Not perfect but better![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I did not know where to look, I don't think I would even notice it had been touched up. Keep us updated on your progress.

#676 2 years ago

Thanks man!!! Waiting on some ramp protectors then I will be able to put the rest of the playfield back together!

I just watched the new video. The machine turned out fantastic!!! Thanks for taking the time to make a series of videos showing how you were able to achieve your results. I hope you make one of just gameplay now.

#678 2 years ago

AC/DC is pretty much finished up!! Got some games on it last night and so far so good!! Love the bell ringer mod!

Did you need to rebuild the flippers?

#681 2 years ago

just did tonight...video coming

Awesome!

#683 2 years ago

Here it is. They turned out great! Game is fast and deadly.

I like the sneak peak at the end of the video for what is to come next.

#685 2 years ago

Haha a little sneak peek of gameplay Need my opto board!!!! cant get any song jackpots Managed to get over 200mill last night with no song jackpots last night though so I was proud of me

How did the board go bad?

#687 2 years ago

Seems to be a common issue from what I read on pinside. I changed the U shaped opto on the board last night with a Williams one but didn't work. Was hopeful but was not expecting much! Hopefully the new board will arrive this week.[quoted image]

Did you receive the board yet?

#689 2 years ago

Has anyone made it to encore? Any tips on how to achieve it?

#692 2 years ago

So I noticed during gameplay my Tunes n Stuff light will turn on but there will be no call out at the time saying to change your song. When the ball enters the Tunes N Stuff scoop it will immediately eject the ball without letting me change a song and the light will turn off. Does anyone have this issue or know what is going on?

#694 2 years ago

No, it just kicks the ball out and then the red light will turn off.

#695 2 years ago

Also, there is never an issue when the callout "jukebox is ready" is announced. The issue is only when the callout is not announced and the red insert light is on for "tunes n stuff."

#696 2 years ago

Is it at least giving you "stuff"? random awards? will show on the dmd.

Ok I just played it again and noticed that it will give me a "hold bonus" but then eject the ball without letting me change the song. On another occasion it game me "points" and immediately kicked out the ball without letting me change the song.

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

That’s correct. You’re getting stuff, not tunes.

Why am I not able to change the song?

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Because you didn’t complete the song tasks. You just completed the 3 horns locations to activate stuff.

In the rules I thought it said when Tunes n stuff is light you can then change a song?

#705 2 years ago

Glad to know my machine is not broken then. I am running the new 1.70 code.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from ariel_nizza:

Hi friends. I am new to the group. I have my ac / dc Pro.
I would like to buy the swinging bell. and other MOD.
Could you pass me Link where to buy? Thanks

Don't forget to add a train! Any photos of your machine?

#710 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I mounted my train in the proper lazy person position... sitting on top of the coinbox for 3 years and counting.

I removed the photo of the train a few months after getting my machine.

#712 2 years ago
Quoted from ariel_nizza:

this is my ac dc. Happy to have it.
Where to buy the MODs?
[quoted image]

https://modfatherpinball.com

Your lucky to have found an ac/dc in South America. That must have been a hard find.

#713 2 years ago

not yet going away for 2 days. hopefully its there when i get back!

Today is the day? Cannon Fodder!!!

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Today is the day? Cannon Fodder!!!

Ok, maybe today?

#715 2 years ago
20210610_155321 (resized).jpg20210610_155321 (resized).jpg
#716 2 years ago
20210610_201236 (resized).jpg20210610_201236 (resized).jpg
#720 2 years ago
Quoted from ariel_nizza:

Thank you but I can't find the swinging bell on that link?
Do you have another place to buy that mod?

https://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-modding/pinball-specific/4341/swinging-bell-ringer-mod-for-ac/dc-pro

This is the mod you need. But they are out. I will keep looking.

#721 2 years ago

Haha...just got home an hour ago and found a box of happiness at my door! I will be installing tonight hopefully and I will take a video of the action!
I also played a ONE of a kind custom ACDC homebrew pin today. Remind me to post the link of that video when I get it edited!

YES!!! I hope it fixes everything.

#722 2 years ago

I don't see them anymore. You can order the parts for a VE AC/DC pro and use them to install one. I will look for the part numbers you need.

#723 2 years ago

Someone else on here has already done this using the following parts from an AC/DC VE. It looks like this is everything you will need to make it happen. This is what they used.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-add-a-swinging-bell-to-acdc-pro

535-0899-00 FRAME, SWINGING BELL, AC/DC PRO 1
530-7880-00 PIVOT SHAFT, SWINGING BELL, AC/DC PRO 1
511-7553-00 ASSEMBLY, BELL/SHAFT, AC/DC PRO 1
242-5091-00 WASHER, 1/2 X 17/64 X .03 - DT 2
270-5002-00 RETAINING RING - 1/4" 2
535-0898-00 MTG. BRACKET, SWINGING BELL, AC/DC PRO 1
232-5201-00 SCREW, 6-32 X 3/8" PPH MS SEMS 2
535-9648-01 BUMPER HOLDER - FASTENED 1
237-6197-00 SCREW, 4-40 X 3/16 PFH U/C 18-8 SS 2
535-1181-00 PENDULUM LIMITER - SWING BELL 1

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

I added the Swinging Bell to my Pro . Basically it’s the Bell assembly from the VE with a few modifications, and will work with the Pro . IMO it looks great !![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How did you install the train?

#728 2 years ago

Is that how it's done on the premium?

#732 2 years ago

Haha...just got home an hour ago and found a box of happiness at my door! I will be installing tonight hopefully and I will take a video of the action!
I also played a ONE of a kind custom ACDC homebrew pin today. Remind me to post the link of that video when I get it edited!

Let there be rock?

#734 2 years ago

Haha a little sneak peek of gameplay Need my opto board!!!! cant get any song jackpots Managed to get over 200mill last night with no song jackpots last night though so I was proud of me

Any AC/DC Shenanigans going on today?

#739 2 years ago

Yes indeed! Just posted a couple videos including gameplay action of the finished product!

Great videos, just what I was looking for.

4 months later
#755 2 years ago

Any word on new code?

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Lyman doesn’t work at Stern anymore, so I highly doubt it. Added ball save for a successful cannon shot would be my wish list addition, but I don’t think we will see an update.

When and why did he leave?

2 weeks later
#764 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

New Wizard Mod side blades. Look great and very sturdy. Do have Pinstadium on this game so looks brighter than usual.

Nice train

2 weeks later
#771 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I don’t know how anyone plays this game without extreme frustration with the F I R E inserts on the in/outlanes.
The R is obstructed by the cannon and after playing and missing R light - I got pissed off and got out a drill. I did both sides.
I will have to replace the apron decals with something custom, maybe some flames with the hold button instructions.
[quoted image]

First time I have seen someone do this.

#775 2 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

I LOVE the ACDC Pro. So much faster than LE or ANY other pin imo. This pin will make you a better player.
Im searching for my old ACDC Pro with Red Premium armor. Sold to a guy in FL about 5 yrs ago. Modded up with train and flashing lightning bolts. Shaker.
Watch my 5 way combo. Play it steep for more control. Check it out. Wish I never sold it.

Playfield is very clean

2 weeks later
#778 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Shoot to Thrill, Its A Long Way To The Top If You Want To RocknRoll, Jailbreak.....Great Choices !

Nice

2 months later
#782 2 years ago
Quoted from barndoor:

Just joined the club with a Pro Vault a couple weeks back. It's our first pin and it's an awesome first pin! Difficult and fast, but even the kids like it. They don't think it's difficult for some reason... perhaps that's a good thing as when they play easier machines they'll be thrilled. Anyway, wanted to say hi and thanks for posting the tips here. Now I'm going to see if I can add a train somehow...

This is the train you can add.

https://modfatherpinball.com/products/acdc-custom-train-pro?_pos=16&_sid=ddb53df9a&_ss=r

#784 2 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

The train from Modfather is the paint job only... the train from Pinball Life is the the actual train and is one you can can also add to the Pro,,, I installed mine quite a few years back...... not exactly sure why they raised the price 200.00 bucks....guess they're just following suit with everything else going up...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The train my link is not the Stern train that comes with the premium. That train is one that he makes/paints and sells for the pro model.

7 months later
#796 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Why should the LEs be the only version with a edition # plaque? Made my own for my Pro based on the last four digits of the serial number. Who wants one

I wonder if there is a way based of a serial number for Stern to know what # machine you have for a pro or prem.

2 weeks later
#806 1 year ago

I like the train on your pro.

1 week later
#812 1 year ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

Long Live the FACE
There was such a shit show when the pics of the pro came out

I was not around when the "face" were released. People just did not like the look? Though that is what he looked like in the late 70's. I have the pro vault which is also missing the drummer.

1 week later
#821 1 year ago

Nice color on the back

1 week later
#827 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

Ok last mod for a bit…
[quoted image]

You really like that ac/dc! Get a color DMD.

2 weeks later
#845 1 year ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

It was the only machine I had with incandescent bulbs. Way too dark. Not anymore!

Much better now. Add some blue to the backboard to go along with the red and it will really stand out.

#848 1 year ago
Quoted from Steve_d71:

Added some blue to the backboard. Looks awesome! Thanks for the advice.
[quoted image]

So much better. You may want to put two white lights with them so it is not so dark back there. I will post some pics of how I placed the red and blues in my machine.

#849 1 year ago
20221230_074425 (resized).jpg20221230_074425 (resized).jpg
#850 1 year ago
20221230_074417 (resized).jpg20221230_074417 (resized).jpg
#851 1 year ago
20221230_074430 (resized).jpg20221230_074430 (resized).jpg
#852 1 year ago
20221230_074512 (resized).jpg20221230_074512 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#855 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

New to machine. Is there a setting for jukebox that keeps playing music? The pro I just got plays 1 song then stops back to attract?
And is there an ideal setting for the music to be more prominent? I cant remember the difference between positive and negative numbers in adjustments?
The game came with the led bolt mods, but they are so bright I unplugged them. Not sure if they can be turned down?
Thanks for any help or suggestions. And this machine is amazing!
I could not help myself and went metal..

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First time ever seeing metal ramps.

1 month later
#868 1 year ago

If you reach the end of the line does the hidden song remain in the song selection each time you play a new game?

#870 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is that Metallica?

Should have said encore for ac/dc.

2 months later
#881 11 months ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Did some of the Pro Vaults come with the Angus face? I have seen some Pro’s with the metal round speaker bezel and the Angus face?

I have seen one of the pro vaults with the Angus face at a distributor. He said it made just prior to the updated pro vault playfields.

#882 11 months ago

Once you reach encore is there a bonus song? If so does it not show up on the playlist once it is unlocked?

1 month later
#883 10 months ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Just added a pair of mirror blades to my Pro VE today, absolutely love it!

What lighting/color did you use in the back?

7 months later
#898 75 days ago

Almost every game now the ball rests on the spring next to the bell. Is there a way to bend this so the ball does not keep getting stuck???

#900 75 days ago

I have a problem that acts up once every few games.
The VERTICAL UP-KICKER fires but occasionally it results in the ball not quite making it into the shooter lane every few games.
Now instead of it firing a ball again, because the ball never made it up, nothing happens.
This forces me to open the coin door and manually operate the VERTICAL UP-KICKER to put a ball in play. Any ideas as to what is going on here?

1 month later
#902 29 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Like to say a big thank you to BigalzPinz for selling me an NOS playfield. My Ac/Dc is now playable.
Only notable thing I did on the game was to light up the hells bells sign on the swinging bell. I only bought the frame from pinballlife for the swinging bell and made the rest of the parts.
[quoted image]

Looks good. Throw up some more pics.

#905 25 days ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Some other pics.
Found LE side armor. Went with gold for cannon and logo and silver for bolts.
AliExpress lightning bolts, $10 a bolt
Mirror blades
Light bar along the back. I have side bars too but I don’t like how I attached them.
3D print train that looks decent.
LEDs on apron tied to F I R E inserts which the RE is hidden by the cannon.
CPR speaker plastic and light up speakers that are sound reactive.
CPR Metal cut out topper (not installed).
Added the ramp protector guards to edges of ramps.
Things to still do:
1. Need the Cannon mod….
2. Would like to add blue and red el wire to TNT box.
3. Flat clear plastic for the top of the right ramp. Left side has it.
4. Clean up the look of the right side diverter like others have done.
5. Have the Helen decal for playfield and apron, but need to make a copy first as they do wear out. I don’t have the Helen translite, only the pro and premium.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks real good. So glad I still have mine, as I was going to sell it at one point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newpinbin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made?tu=newpinbin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.