(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezatnova.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#216 5 years ago

Joined the club about 3 weeks ago with a new VE Pro. Fell in love with this pin at an arcade near me and have wanted one for over a year.

Absolutely love it and can’t get enough of the gameplay and challenge.

First night it was delivered, I modded with: shaker, pinbits thunderbolts (amazing), external powered sub, red plastic protectors, titan bands, and yellow/red led changing flipper buttons (they go great with the theme).

On order now, I have speaker LED kit, premium train, cliffys, trough light kit, guitar flipper toppers, and a red stern start button.

Only thing I’ve really had to mess with is insulating various bits in the machine with some clear rubber (i.e. where the ramp rests on a screw head and where the band card touches the horn on the jukebox card, etc.) and some foam tape behind the translight, so the shaker motor has zero vibration noise now. Super smooth and now you just feel it instead of hear it.

Other than that, out of the box, that darn SDTM preventing spring kept VERY often trapping balls. Even multiple balls during multiball (see pic)! So, using a friend’s set of hands, with two needle nose pliers, we re angled the bend of the spring so it still functions fine but only catches a ball about 0.5% of the time now.

It’s interesting that stern changed the design of the spring. In a post not too far back in this thread, there’s a picture of the spring and it’s just a straight piece of round metal wire poking out. You can see mine now has a sort of P shape on it. My theory is that the P helps stop the ball from flying over top of the wire when it’s fired hard up at it. Still mine will hop over it once in a while, but I imagine it would happen a lot more with just a plain wire vs the P little loop on the end.

One question I have is, early in this thread someone mentioned they were able to light the TNT box with a flasher. I saw a kit online for this (and electro luminescent wires from the tnt box), but it says Premium/LE only because the Pro TNT box is not hollow. In case they changed this on the Vault LED, I checked and removed the front panel of the TNT box and sure enough, it’s a solid block of wood in there. Anyone know how this TNT light mod can be done on the Pro?

46801A00-AC9C-41C4-AAAC-AF36EAAE8002 (resized).jpeg46801A00-AC9C-41C4-AAAC-AF36EAAE8002 (resized).jpeg693ACE13-98C0-45CF-87BA-B7F7BA2C466D (resized).jpeg693ACE13-98C0-45CF-87BA-B7F7BA2C466D (resized).jpeg89584F18-C784-4258-8D08-2A54D099031A (resized).jpeg89584F18-C784-4258-8D08-2A54D099031A (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#233 5 years ago

More mods to report in on. Got some stuff for my birthday!

- train
- trough light
- speaker lights
- guitar flipper toppers
- red start button

I love them all but am slightly concerned at the brightness of the blue train LED. It is BRIGHT and a bit distracting. I noticed on the Premium/LE it is very rarely lit. In fact, watching some gameplay video, it only lit at the selection of RnR Train, not even when the train ramp was hit. I realize it has its own coding and harness connection in the LE/Prem but, has anyone figured out a smarter spot than a GI connection to hook the train power to on the Pro, so it’s not on 100% of the time?

2745E0C6-FEA9-4FA4-90EA-78B0B3F19EAF (resized).jpeg2745E0C6-FEA9-4FA4-90EA-78B0B3F19EAF (resized).jpeg3D09C754-CE4D-45A5-940F-3834635D4FF2 (resized).jpeg3D09C754-CE4D-45A5-940F-3834635D4FF2 (resized).jpeg4FDB2CA3-851C-4B1A-9C27-F54549E09CAB (resized).jpeg4FDB2CA3-851C-4B1A-9C27-F54549E09CAB (resized).jpeg
#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why don't you connect it to the led socket for the song behind the song list on the backboard. You could use alligator clips if you want as it's a 44 socket.

That’s not a bad idea. Still might be on a little much, since that song gets activated on the board fairly often. Was also wondering if it might be feasible to connect to the horns on the jukebox. They don’t flash too often so it wouldn’t be too annoying.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Absolutely love the train! Where did you get it and how much did you pay?
Here in Germany it's 200 Euro which I think is quite a lot for a molded plastic train.

Thanks. It does look great. Got it from Pinballlife. It’s not cheap, unfortunately.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Change it to a frosted LED and will cut down the blinding glare significantly.

This was one of my thoughts. How does the bulb come out? Just pull from the front of the train, or twist, or do you have to remove the whole thing from the inside of the train?

I’ve read opposing things saying that the bulb is a 555 and a 44, so not sure which to buy as a replacement.

#246 5 years ago

Thanks guys. Sure looks like the bulb theoretically should pull right out without having to mess with that screw and the nut inside, but maybe the hole in the nose of the train is too small for it to fit through, so the dome just comes off?

Oh well, gonna order up a frosted 555 bulb. I like the thought of a warm white (more traditional like a real train) but hope that doesn’t look stupid with all the other LEDs of the machine being bright white.

#248 5 years ago

Update: changed out the train light bulb for a 1 SMD (dimmest) frosted red LED and it is a million times better. Ordered a frosted blue, red, warm and cool whites, but the red looked the nicest and was the most subtle. The blue wasn’t bad either, though.

In addition, per the suggestion above. changed the alligator clips to go to the juke box light for Rock n Roll Train, rather than the GI light. Very nice that it now comes on only when that song is active or completed.

15953148-1EE5-428D-ADF6-F14404E13BA6 (resized).jpeg15953148-1EE5-428D-ADF6-F14404E13BA6 (resized).jpeg
#262 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anybody got the hookedonpinball 4th generation lightning bolts with stainless steel? I was going to go with black trim, but stainless steel is new for 4th gen so curious how they look in the game, any pics, etc...?
Thanks!

I’d go with pinbits. Light quality and color is amazing and perfect. Options for the color films and lights are nice too but I am happy with the “white” (more of a nice medium warm color) with no filter.

16E3011B-2479-42A4-9ADC-E786A0766D1A.jpeg16E3011B-2479-42A4-9ADC-E786A0766D1A.jpeg
2 weeks later
#264 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Installed the Rock and Roll train today. Don't ask for the price but loving it.[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome. If that blue light ends up blinding you like it did to me, scroll up a bit for my post #248 where I show it with a frosted red LED and tied in to the Rock n Roll Train song light. Way way better, IMHO.

8 months later
#328 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It just skittered down the playfield instantly stopping a good game.
[quoted image]
It took me a little while to figure out that it came out of the back of the detonator. It holds the handle into it.

Oh man. A little lock-tite couldn’t hurt when you put it back in.

3 months later
#352 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Get the Flipper Fidelity 10" system, you won't regret it!

I have that in my black knight SOR. On my AC⚡️DC I have stock speakers with an external powered 8”. The AC⚡️DC sounds better, IMHO. Definitely a ton more bass available too.

3 weeks later
#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The Pro does not have the same connection as the Premium for the train.
Use hot glue (or your preferred adhesive) to attach the train to the ramp. Convert the connector on the train to alligator clips, ensuring you keep the hot and ground connections the same.
Attach the alligator clips to the GI string in the back of the game (the bulbs along the back of the playfield).
Your train will light up blue and cycle with the GI in the back.

I would just suggest using double sided stick on Velcro to attach the train. Makes it way easier to remove when you need to get to something and the train is in the way. You can’t see it at all if it’s placed under the main train section and they make it in clear.

Also I prefer the alligator clips on the GI bulb for Rock n Roll Train, on the jukebox. That way it interacts nicely with the game.

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the replies for the train install. Will need to figure out how to attach at the back. I guess they are designed for the premium. If anyone happens to have a photo of where they connected it at the back, that would be very helpful. Jim

Just connect it to the rock and roll train jukebox light. Its the bulb that blinks for rock and roll train.

1 week later
#381 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Anyone do the LED flipper buttons?
It doesnt mention re-using the original flipper nut, but to screw the led board in, I just reused the nut, w/o putting another hole in my brand new machine
[quoted image]

There’s a hole that you took the screw out of. I just use that to hold the LED board in.

1 month later
#405 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

As requested. 18,488 paid credits with a 19% match and whatever else was earned through free games. Definitely more than 22,000+ games on this bad boy.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah but are there dimples!!?? Lol

Congrats on the machine. Some of the nice LED lightning bolts out there for sale now will fix those broken ones right up. I love mine. And Cliffy protect that shooter lane and it’ll help that out. Impressed that the ramp plastic look nice, but a shame about the cracked entrances. I’ve seen that a ton on the machines that didn’t come with the metal edge armor on those ramps like the vault editions do.

#410 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I think the entire play field is one giant dimple. Dimples don't bother me as much as chunks of paint falling off the play field.

I'm trying to find out if I can buy them, but not having much luck. I emailed Cliffy to see if he makes them and might not have had time to put them on his website.

I assume new ramps (with the protectors) are prohibitively expensive?

Not saying it would be easy, but you could try to get some lengths of aluminum or stainless from Home Depot and bend them into a U of the correct width to maybe superglue them into the ramp side ends. Riveting would be better but obviously way harder.

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

The Pro's did not come with the protectors. I added these when I replaced my ramp.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0579-01

Mine did. It’s a vault, but regardless, obviously the part exists.

1 week later
#438 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Well the time has come. ;-( My first brand new game in my life and I'm trading it. Almost lost a lil sleep over it last night, but I'm bored w it, so its time to go. Theres nothing like getting your first NIB pin...

I think that’s why I’ll never let mine go. Aside from the awesome tunes and always fun gameplay, it was my first NiB that I saved up for and wanted badly for a while until I could pull the trigger (pulled it...pulled it...pulled it.......shoot to thrill!)

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Out of curiosity - has anyone installed a Premium train in their Pro?
If so, are there any additional parts required over/above the train itself? I've looked in the current Premium manual and I'm not seeing any reference to anything other than the actual "Molded Train Toy - 511-6987-00", but when I look on the bottom of my train vs. the Pro playfield there's not a good way to mount it using what is available.
Am I missing a mounting plate or something else that secures the train to the left ramp?
TIA for help on what I know is now an "old mod".

Yep. One of the best mods. Two way Velcro and soldered on alligator clips. Clip it to the RnR Train song jukebox leads

#449 4 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Fantastic - thank you @ezatnova - I'll work towards those items.

I forgot the last thing...frosted led (I highly prefer red to go with the theme). The cool/ice and blinding clearness of the stock bulb was not ideal.

6E703549-EEA4-4497-92A4-0781CEF834ED (resized).jpeg6E703549-EEA4-4497-92A4-0781CEF834ED (resized).jpeg8FDC26C7-D6E6-430D-9506-E40D5096BE70 (resized).jpeg8FDC26C7-D6E6-430D-9506-E40D5096BE70 (resized).jpeg
6 months later
#507 3 years ago

What’s Lyman up to these days? How about a nice code update while we’re stuck at home! Little mini mode at 6 songs, and some Oi mania!

4 months later
#557 3 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Hey all !! Have a problem when the ball goes into the jukebox kick out from the shooter lane, it kicks the ball out into the upper lanes, but continuously bounces back into the kick out over and over maybe 4-5 times before it finally rolls into one of the lanes and down to the pop bumpers. Wondering what this might be. Thanks everyone and Happy New Year !

Somewhat normal, I think. Seems like most of us on here by now have that upper juke kick guide out of center by 1-5%, and it’s enough to mess with the super skill eject or the new song selection eject etc. Mine commonly bounces back in 2-3 times on occasion.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Are people adjusting the guide? That would maybe help my issue as well. If I can aim the VUK towards the back ball guide, I think it will hug the edge around the orbit instead of pounding the corner and rattling down.

Yeah when I installed my Cliffy it was awful and would smack the right post 100% of the time instead of flowing around for the super skill shot, so I took it all apart again and nudged it a bit, then tightened the two screws down again. It’s a massive pain in the butt to get to them.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

Played an AC/DC at the local arcade today, never like music pins but really enjoyed it. Managed 49mil for a free game, and #3 score, which was sweet.
The games for sale for I think $4400... obviously routed since it's in an arcade but it's in good shape compared to most the others in the arcade.
It's the 2017 rerelease version I believe, no lower playfield or huge face in the middle of the PF, has the bell and cannon, pretty sure that's which it was after looking at pics afterwards.
I don't see many reviews or listings for the newer release version, how is that price and how is that machine vs. the Pro or Premium models that preceded it?
Edit: forgot I took a pic!
[quoted image]

This is the one to get. No face. No lower field boringness, already all LED, and swinging bell.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Has anyone else removed the bell swing guide from their Vault? Any cons?

why would you want to remove it? Guessing it’s there to ensure a straight hit on the switch behind it, and maybe also to prevent horizontal movement stress on the joint at the bell.

In case your answer is so it swings easier and doesn’t touch up against the guide...mine was manufacture or poorly from the factory. Nothing I could fix from adjusting anything. The holes were drilled in poor locations that tilted my whole mechanism so that the shaft from the bell scraped up against the guide badly. This caused the bell shaft to get maybe one swing and really have to hit it hard to even have it register the switch. The only adjustment fix would have been to drill new holes, but they would have intersected the existing holes and made some giant awful holes that wouldn’t be good to use at all.

So, what I ended up doing was taking the mechanism off and marking where the shaft was hitting the guide, then taking the shaft off and using a file on it to thin the metal away at that point. Lots of retesting and remarking and refiling. Eventually got it to where the shaft clears the guide now and it swings freely. Way easier to hit the bell switch now and the whole thing looks nicer with it swinging a lot more. Visually, you’d never notice that ~0.05” of metal was removed on that part of the shaft.

5 months later
#697 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Ok I just played it again and noticed that it will give me a "hold bonus" but then eject the ball without letting me change the song. On another occasion it game me "points" and immediately kicked out the ball without letting me change the song.

That’s correct. You’re getting stuff, not tunes.

Just make sure not to get Oi Mania or you’ll be sorely disappointed. (Oh Lyyyyyyymaaaaaaan….lyyyyyyyymaaaaaaaaaaan, hello? Bueller? Anyone?!)

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Why am I not able to change the song?

Because you didn’t complete the song tasks. You just completed the 3 horns locations to activate stuff.

4 months later
#759 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

He was jealous that Keith was releasing “out of the box” games with complete code. Jealousy turned to rage. Rage turned to hate. Hate leads to the dark side. Tale as old as time. Song as old as rhyme. Beauty and the beast. Live long and prosper. Oi!

No, he forgot to finish coding Oi (mania)! Lol

2 years later
#895 3 months ago

It stops SDTM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ezatnova.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made?tu=ezatnova and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.