(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If I used pinball browser to change a few songs and also edited the text so dmd reflects song changes etc.... will the color dmd erase all of that or will the code I have installed overwrite what is downloaded from color dmd site?

I run custom songs and it all works flawlessly on ColorDMD. ColorDMD has no impact on the code on your pin.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think he was asking if the custom song titles will show up correctly colored. The answer is most of the time, but not always.

Mine color properly on AC/DC. When you color a pin you typically do not color specific letters or strings, you color for the area the string is displayed. So as long as the string is on the screen in roughly the same spot it will color correctly.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

An example of what I was referring to is I swapped war machine out and put who made Who in. Jukebox selection reflects it on dmd on song selection and also on animation with the spinner since that is associated shot.
Just was wondering if all will remain the same but colorized.
Don’t want to spend the $369 if it’s going to mess it all up!

I have custom songs and it all works perfectly. If you have a specific scene you want me to check, I can shoot a video on my phone for you tonight when I'm home. I swapped out War Machine as well.

#180 6 years ago

Yeah I have "Can I sit next to you girl" on mine and I have never noticed any issues and that's a long string.

4 months later
#194 5 years ago

Mine had the spring but it was tucked in behind. I put it back the way it was meant to be and it made things worse. I took it off completely and game plays great. It seems like a half assed solution to a problem that didn't occur on all machines. If you have it and its draining get rid of it. If you don't maybe give it a try.

3 months later
#218 5 years ago

I don't have the spring on mine and I have no issue with SDTM. When I did have the spring balls would often hang up on it. I highly recommend taking it off and see how yours plays. In the rare event I have a ball heading SDTM its a long roll from the pops and a minor nudge usually gets it to a flipper.

1 month later
#265 5 years ago

I love the train but i have that replaced that song with Dirty Deeds, I suspect lots of people have. Is there any mod out there that would suit that song better?

1 year later
#334 4 years ago

Shaker and ColorDMD are great on AC/DC. I have the horn topper that ties into the pops and really like it. Where did you get the button guards? Love the center decal will you make it available for sale or share the art?

#342 4 years ago

Here is mine with the lightning flashers.
ED4B6AE4-4DDC-41EA-9506-FBC9CCF459A8 (resized).jpegED4B6AE4-4DDC-41EA-9506-FBC9CCF459A8 (resized).jpeg

I also have the silhouette lighted speakers, which I think are not super common. They don't look great in the pictures but they are very obviously Brian and Angus in real life.

5AA1D9FD-1DF8-431D-91C7-22C64D3A3529 (resized).jpeg5AA1D9FD-1DF8-431D-91C7-22C64D3A3529 (resized).jpegC8CEC2ED-8BA4-486D-84B2-A0F39F5BCD22 (resized).jpegC8CEC2ED-8BA4-486D-84B2-A0F39F5BCD22 (resized).jpeg
2 months later
#417 4 years ago

I have an original pro and it has the protectors.

2 weeks later
#448 4 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Good point. I've recently installed the Vault bell mech on my "first run" machine. Personally, I like the Premium bell mech better, as it is suspended overhead, from the left side, and there is no metal guide to limit the swinging action. I'm wondering why Stern put that guide on the Vault, as there's really no way for the bell to "move" from side/side regardless of either the Vault or the Premium mech in use. The Premium mech "looks better" (IMHO) since there is no guide.

Did you buy it as parts individually? I saw a thread on that here but it seemed rather pricey to buy that way? I just have the swinging bell mod on my original run pro and I'm pretty happy with it but maybe its time to upgrade.

Also on the topic of the train mod is there any good mod to for those that replace that song with Dirty Deeds?

#451 4 years ago

I meant something physical to put in the top left where the train goes. Something that relates to Dirty Deeds as I have replace that song with Dirty Deeds already.

3 weeks later
#461 4 years ago

I used too get my rubber from Titan, LEDs from Comet or Pinball Bulbs but now I pretty much get everything from Pinball Life. I really like their coloured rubber.

1 month later
#470 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Nobody updated their Pro with Pinball Browser?

I'm sure a lot of us have it's just been a while. What ever DRM like encryption he is using, my license quit working and started nagging me to pay again and I just haven't bothered so I can't help you out.

#472 4 years ago

These are the song I have in mine I’m sure I have the firmware around here somewhere if anyone wants it.
0366282D-8714-4B23-B08C-10960B8CB4C2 (resized).jpeg0366282D-8714-4B23-B08C-10960B8CB4C2 (resized).jpeg

#474 3 years ago

Ok I found my old files and it looks like I have the firmware for above and that versions has these for encore Its a long way to the top / Who made who / Shoot to thrill / If you want blood

I also have alternate version with these songs Who Made Who, Shook me all night, Highway to Hell, TNT, Shake A Leg, Can I sit Next to you Girl, Dirty Deeds, Thunderstruck, Hells Bells, Shoot to Thrill, Problem Child, Let there be Rock and Encore is Its a long way to the top/ If you want blood / Fire Your Guns / Jail break

I also found a complete weird 90s version that is is a lot of Nirvana, Green Day, and other similar songs. If anyone want them shoot me a PM.

They are all 1.70 firmware

3 weeks later
#482 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Thanks for the reply. I am still going over the machine, will just one bad connector cause multiple lights to dimly illuminate?

Even if you don't have electrical experience or knowledge grab your self an entry level multimeter that has at least audio for continuity. That alone is a huge help for chasing bad connection.

1 month later
#506 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any suggestions on after market speakers for the Kiss Pro? Looking for something to upgrade the original Stern speakers but like to keep the budget around $50-$100 total. Thanks for the help!

I can't remember if those are 5 or 4 inch and are they 4 ohm but I use these in pins and they sound great.
If you looking to spend more money probably not for you but they sound better than the price tag.
You can find them in other colors, if you don't want blue, I just have the blue because I have them in a BSD.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PL-BL-Enceintes-5-25-Inch/dp/B00022OBO2/
https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PL42BL-4-Inch-Two-Way-Speakers/dp/B000230LBI/
https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PLBW104-10-Inch-1000W-Subwoofer/dp/B000CQGMHM

4 months later
#538 3 years ago

I assume he just updated the songs with Pinball Browser it allows you to update the songs on the DMD as well.

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Excellent. Thanks Eskaybee! I’m updating the code now.
Also. Has anyone created an easy way to change the jukebox text? Along those same lines, has anyone tried to remove the small square of plywood in the back that holds the bulbs to light the jukebox? If that is easy to remove, I could likely create a solution that would allow you to print on paper and replace the jukebox list (if someone hasn’t already).

It's just a plastic easily replaced, search around here someone sells them with the songs you want printed on it. You can probably find the art and print your own as well.

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Appreciate it Darscot.
From my understanding, the holes for the lights behind are sized to match the words on the jukebox. I was thinking that I might be able to create a new piece that makes all the lighting correlate with the jukebox word window instead. That may end up being too much effort and it may be better to just do what you mentioned and live with the imperfect lighting.

Yes The holes are different sizes I don’t remember if I had to cut mine or the person that I bought the mod from made it work out with font size. Dirty Deeds is a little small but I didn't even notice till you mentioned it.

EB7DC270-300B-46B7-8DB9-66DE8F76E5AE (resized).jpegEB7DC270-300B-46B7-8DB9-66DE8F76E5AE (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#573 3 years ago

I'm messing around with making a 3D printed cannon for AC/DC. Let me know what you think.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-printed-cannon-#post-6080803

3 weeks later
#587 3 years ago

I have these flame style ones in mine and I’m happy with them.

647CDDBC-B22D-492D-BEA3-D75A87CC8E5E (resized).jpeg647CDDBC-B22D-492D-BEA3-D75A87CC8E5E (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#590 3 years ago

I got sick of the chrome T-moulding on the head so decided to mix things up. Do you guys think I should leave the bottom of the head black?
CFA161EF-1967-4ADB-8FE0-789355B5D449 (resized).jpegCFA161EF-1967-4ADB-8FE0-789355B5D449 (resized).jpeg

B94706EE-71A4-4367-AA1E-DD9B74A1DE48 (resized).jpegB94706EE-71A4-4367-AA1E-DD9B74A1DE48 (resized).jpeg
#592 3 years ago

One of my other pins came with the red legs, they looked terrible on it, so put them on AC/DC. If it had black legs I would have went black all the way around.

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

darscot - curious where you purchased the "face cover sticker" you have on your pro? That does look better than the sneering Angus face, no doubt about it.

I found the guy on pinside, probably in this thread. It’s been a while sorry don’t remember exactly.

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You should powder coat the side rails and lockdown bar since everything else is red.

I’ve considered it.

1 week later
#602 3 years ago

Swinging Bell looks great, every time I see a pro with the premium train I want something in that spot. I have replaced that song with Dirty Deeds can anyone think of anything that I could put in that spot that feels more Dirty Deeds? I have a 3D printer just need an idea of what to print. I thought of maybe just getting a plastic of the cropped album cover to replace the train, but its kinda blue nothing really that color scheme on the playfield.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

2 months later
#627 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Yes. Those are the ones I got. They work well and are plug and play. I did enlarge the hole for the screw to attach to post.

Have you gotten anything else from them. I have been thinking about trying their flashers and bulbs?

#629 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

I bought 150 (cool white) star post lights from them as well. Installed about 100 so far. All working perfectly. I add star post lights to every post on B/W games.
Flashers and leds I get from my local guy, he is competitive on pricing and no wait time.

I haven't tried star post LEDs do they glare on the DMD?

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Not really at all. Here is a pic of Fish Tales.
[quoted image]

They do look sweet and I do love color matching posts and rubber. I always put spotlights in my games for extra light but they tend to glare real bad because they point straight up at the DMD. This seems like the way to go and at 50 cents a pop you cant really go wrong.

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the link! Are they easy to install, seem to come with bare wires as an attachment?

I haven't bought them but it looks like they come with the connectors, Stebel did say they are plug and play, so I assume its dead easy. I just saw them recently when I was buying stuff on Ali.

#642 2 years ago

My playfield is holding up well but my cannon is getting sloppy. Are you planning on just replacing the whole assembly? Keep us posted on your work.

3 weeks later
#690 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Has anyone made it to encore? Any tips on how to achieve it?

I just always have a tournament going with more than 3 balls. If I feel like going for encore I play a tournament game. I keep a regular game set to the default settings. How bad pins are at progression and difficulty drives me a little nuts but what can you do.

#736 2 years ago

I think the original Pro probably had incandescent back there, I don't know what Stern put in the LED release. I put warm in mine and got at them from the back.

#743 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Anyone ever switched out the factory "chrome" T-molding on the backbox to something that might fit the overall color scheme of the Pro better? I am thinking about doing that. I've never changed t-molding on a pin before... what's the right size to order for the Stern wooden backbox?

They were out of smooth but I actually like the texture. I also bought red and kinda flop back and forth. It's cheap I would buy a a few different colours it only takes a few minutes to swap.

D15B03EB-F826-42BE-B7AF-4AD14A5C98C7 (resized).jpegD15B03EB-F826-42BE-B7AF-4AD14A5C98C7 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darscot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made?tu=darscot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.