(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eightball88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#487 3 years ago

I’ve had an ACDC pro for about 6 months now, and I am loving it! Chasing those big song jackpots and song bonuses never gets old. I think I have one of the original 2012 builds.

Does this ever happen to you...? Twice now I have been gifted a “ball save multi ball”. What I think happens is a power drain down the left out lane that triggers the ball save, but then the drained ball bounces off the apron and up onto the flippers. The game seems to recognize this and let’s me play on with 2 instead of 1 ball. The last time it happened I started Jam MB and it served up a third ball.

I don’t know what I would do if something like this happened in a tournament....that’s pinball, play on?

I’d love to see a proper Oi Mania mode, and maybe even a semi-attainable mini-wizard mode added to what is already deep and enjoyable code.

That’s all for now

6 months later
#540 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Appreciate the response.
Side question, is this the actual AC/DC club topic, or is there another one people use? Seems kinda quiet in here.

It is probably a quiet thread because the game has been out for years and almost everything has been said already. Another (last?) code update would reinvigorate the thread I think, however I have all but lost hope in that....oi! mania and a halfway wizard mode would round the game out nicely and finally make it seem “finished”.

I still enjoy playing my pro. I recently discovered the magical properties of super lube, and now my spinner is extra juicy. I’m playing War Machine more often and I love building up the song jp on WM, then switching to tnt before tour mb (and hopefully album mb too) in order to collect the song bonus.

Another thing I like doing is hitting the bell during mb when the cannon is loaded to double or triple the cannon shot....I get a very satisfied smile when that happens.

Anybody else have a favorite strategy or exploit?

#542 3 years ago

This was recommended on other threads on pinside. I got it from Amazon.

I applied it very sparingly, using a toothpick, to all the metal on metal moving elements of the spinner (axles, the holes they spin inside, plus the switch leaf). I’d guess it almost doubled the spins! I’m curious to see how long before I need to reapply...

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
5 months later
#634 2 years ago

Question for the club....

I have an original pro (2012 build) and I need to remove the cannon to get at the top post of the right slingshot. Is there a trick to this? I suspect loctite was used for the set screw holding the cannon’s shaft, and I’ve tried applying heat with a soldering iron to loosen it but no luck....

My cannon motor has a purple star drawn in magic marker on it, I think this means it got a replacement motor at some point (not sure if this might be relevant to my issue).

Any tips or suggestions welcome!

I really like this game, btw. I’ve gotten used to the face on the pf by now, and I love chasing those big juicy song jackpots!

3 weeks later
#704 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

In the rules I thought it said when Tunes n stuff is light you can then change a song?

There are two separate ways to light tunes n stuff. On standard settings, you need to light 8 songs on the jukebox to light it to change songs. Getting the three horns is the other way to light it, and it awards stuff, in a certain order. Sometimes it’s lit for both, and it will award both, starting with stuff (check the dmd).

1 year later
#799 1 year ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My cannon is struggling to rotate. Does it in fits and spurts and sometimes doesn’t make it all the way before the game tells the motor to stop and return to home. It struggles with that a little too.
Doesn’t seem like anything is slipping, but I have no idea what sort of upkeep this mech needs. Any tips?

Did you try observing it with the playfield raised? The wire harness might be impeding the rotation underneath, and the game just gives up trying and goes home….

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eightball88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made?tu=Eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.