(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EightBitWhit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ordered by mistake and does not fit Pro LED version swinging bell. Cut the back side off and added a little two sided velcro. Think it looks pretty good.[quoted image][quoted image]

Indeed it does, pinballjah - where did you order this mod from? Thanks.

#442 4 years ago

Out of curiosity - has anyone installed a Premium train in their Pro?

If so, are there any additional parts required over/above the train itself? I've looked in the current Premium manual and I'm not seeing any reference to anything other than the actual "Molded Train Toy - 511-6987-00", but when I look on the bottom of my train vs. the Pro playfield there's not a good way to mount it using what is available.

Am I missing a mounting plate or something else that secures the train to the left ramp?

TIA for help on what I know is now an "old mod".

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Yep. One of the best mods. Two way Velcro and soldered on alligator clips. Clip it to the RnR Train song jukebox leads

Fantastic - thank you @ezatnova - I'll work towards those items.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sad but amusing story. So i never quite liked the vault bell mech compared to how i remember it on the premium. Today, i just happened to take a look at it and found out why. The bell was resting on the left part of the metal guide causing it to bind up a bit. It made for tough and unsatisfying bell hits. Well, loosened the two screws holding the bracket, repositioned and tightened. Bell swings super freely now how it should. So good to hit, so satisfying.
Long story short, check your bell guides to make sure it’s not binding.

Good point. I've recently installed the Vault bell mech on my "first run" Pro machine. Personally, I like the Premium bell mech better, as it is suspended overhead, secured at the left side, and there is no metal guide to limit the swinging action of the pendulum. I'm wondering why Stern put that guide on the Vault, as there's really no way for the pendulum and/or bell to "move" from side/side regardless of whether the Vault or the Premium mech in use. Seeing how the Vault guide *could* move over time, it seems like more a liability than anything else.

The Premium mech "looks better" (IMHO) since there is no guide.

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Did you buy it as parts individually? I saw a thread on that here but it seemed rather pricey to buy that way? I just have the swinging bell mod on my original run pro and I'm pretty happy with it but maybe its time to upgrade.
Also on the topic of the train mod is there any good mod to for those that replace that song with Dirty Deeds?

Hi Darscot - I did. There's a few parts (washers, etc.) that probably aren't necessary for you to buy from a distributor (meaning you could find them laying around your house/toolboxes). Had it to do over again, I'm not sure I'd install the limiter since the Premium doesn't have it and lack of it doesn't seem to impede gameplay.

For reference, here's the Vault Pro swinging bell assembly and the corresponding part numbers:

ACDC-Pro-Swinging-Bell-Assembly (resized).pngACDC-Pro-Swinging-Bell-Assembly (resized).png

Do make sure you order the e-clips and nyliner bushings if you don't already have some on hand. They are also available from PBL (likely cheaper than from Stern).

1 year later
#595 3 years ago

Darscot - curious where you purchased the "face cover sticker" you have on your pro? That does look better than the sneering Angus face, no doubt about it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
$ 29.95
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EightBitWhit.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made?tu=EightBitWhit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.