(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 24 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg
There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.
#401 4 years ago

Do you mean the AC/DC stand ups? If so, there isn’t any wear at all. I haven’t found any wear other the shooter lane. I’ll know more when I tear it down though.

C6A5563D-79EE-41A5-99BA-CB4B7CC0BB6D.jpegC6A5563D-79EE-41A5-99BA-CB4B7CC0BB6D.jpeg
#402 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Do you mean the AC/DC stand ups? If so, there isn’t any wear at all. I haven’t found any wear other the shooter lane. I’ll know more when I tear it down though.[quoted image]

Thanks, some reassurance that playfield can handle the cannon.

#403 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks, some reassurance that playfield can handle the cannon.

I wouldn’t make that assumption about the play fields they are pumping out today.

My BM’66 is falling apart.

#405 4 years ago

As requested. 18,488 paid credits with a 19% match and whatever else was earned through free games. Definitely more than 22,000+ games on this bad boy.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah but are there dimples!!?? Lol

Congrats on the machine. Some of the nice LED lightning bolts out there for sale now will fix those broken ones right up. I love mine. And Cliffy protect that shooter lane and it’ll help that out. Impressed that the ramp plastic look nice, but a shame about the cracked entrances. I’ve seen that a ton on the machines that didn’t come with the metal edge armor on those ramps like the vault editions do.

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Congrats on the machine. Some of the nice LED lightning bolts out there for sale now will fix those broken ones right up. I love mine. And Cliffy protect that shooter lane and it’ll help that out. Impressed that the ramp plastic look nice, but a shame about the cracked entrances. I’ve seen that a ton on the machines that didn’t come with the metal edge armor on those ramps like the vault editions do.

His appears to have the metal edge armor on the ramps. Right?

#407 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Had to zoom on to spot that one. They actually don't have the metal armor. Good observation.

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I think the entire play field is one giant dimple. Dimples don't bother me as much as chunks of paint falling off the play field.

Quoted from ezatnova:

I’ve seen that a ton on the machines that didn’t come with the metal edge armor on those ramps like the vault editions do.

I'm trying to find out if I can buy them, but not having much luck. I emailed Cliffy to see if he makes them and might not have had time to put them on his website.

#409 4 years ago

Anyone have a new plastic set they want to sell for an original pro?

I ordered on from PBL, but they just found out that it's back ordered with Stern.

#410 4 years ago

I think the entire play field is one giant dimple. Dimples don't bother me as much as chunks of paint falling off the play field.

I'm trying to find out if I can buy them, but not having much luck. I emailed Cliffy to see if he makes them and might not have had time to put them on his website.

I assume new ramps (with the protectors) are prohibitively expensive?

Not saying it would be easy, but you could try to get some lengths of aluminum or stainless from Home Depot and bend them into a U of the correct width to maybe superglue them into the ramp side ends. Riveting would be better but obviously way harder.

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

I assume new ramps (with the protectors) are prohibitively expensive?
Not saying it would be easy, but you could try to get some lengths of aluminum or stainless from Home Depot and bend them into a U of the correct width to maybe superglue them into the ramp side ends. Riveting would be better but obviously way harder.

I ordered ramps from Marco and they don't have the protectors. They came scuffed up, which I'm still pissed about, but that's a side note.

Cliff got back to me and said he doesn't make them for the Pro. Guess I'm going unprotected.

#412 4 years ago

I ordered ramps from Marco and they don't have the protectors. They came scuffed up, which I'm still pissed about, but that's a side note.
Cliff got back to me and said he doesn't make them for the Pro. Guess I'm going unprotected.

Are the ramps different on the different versions???

#413 4 years ago

The Pro's did not come with the protectors. I added these when I replaced my ramp.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-0579-01

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

The Pro's did not come with the protectors. I added these when I replaced my ramp.

I’m assuming you had to drill out the new ramps? Mine didn’t come with holes for screws.

What screws did you use?

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

They must only come with the vault / pro edition.

#416 4 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

Mine did. It’s a vault, but regardless, obviously the part exists.

#417 4 years ago

I have an original pro and it has the protectors.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I have an original pro and it has the protectors.

Mine to, on both ramps both sides but it is an LED version w the bell installed.

#419 4 years ago

I’m assuming you had to drill out the new ramps? Mine didn’t come with holes for screws.
What screws did you use?

The new ramp came with holes (and an extra bumpout area for the screws - second picture). Had to drill hole in old ramp on one side. Added a nut to the back of the screw on the other side where it didn't have the little bumpout and the hole in the protector was off the plastic.

Came with screws.

I think I had a later model Pro as it had the stupid spring added on the top of the playfield.

thumbnail_IMG_7851 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7851 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7852 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_7852 (resized).jpg

#420 4 years ago

Thanks for the pictures. I'll have to look at my ramps a little closer when I get home. I know they don't have screw holes, but I think they have the little bump outs.

#421 4 years ago

Ordered by mistake and does not fit Pro LED version swinging bell. Cut the back side off and added a little two sided velcro. Think it looks pretty good.

446586B4-6B91-43B8-9D9B-30FEA15D2D55 (resized).jpeg446586B4-6B91-43B8-9D9B-30FEA15D2D55 (resized).jpeg1F319DDC-6AD3-44B8-AA83-18005E8A88C1 (resized).jpeg1F319DDC-6AD3-44B8-AA83-18005E8A88C1 (resized).jpeg
#422 4 years ago

Hey everyone, what are your typical scores?
I hit 40m pretty often, but also get pretty frustrated like,
"oh come on I've had this machine for over a year and I still can't hit that right ramp shot reliably?"
what are some of your thoughts about your play or scoring?

Thanks

Mike

#423 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Hey everyone, what are your typical scores?
I hit 40m pretty often, but also get pretty frustrated like,
"oh come on I've had this machine for over a year and I still can't hit that right ramp shot reliably?"
what are some of your thoughts about your play or scoring?
Thanks
Mike

Unless I play this game consistently I am unable to hit the left/right ramps for multiple combos.

#424 4 years ago

I have a bunch of games, so whenever I get around to AC/DC, it’s like I’m playing it for the first time (which means I can’t hit shit). I’ll start to dial it in after about 5 games.

#425 4 years ago

ACDC was my first new pinball machine in 2013. It's a keeper! I won't play it for a while and when I go back to it it becomes as addictive as ever.

#426 4 years ago

My back ordered plastics should be here tonight so I can start my tear down. I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the scuffed up new ramps I got from Marco though....

#427 4 years ago

My back ordered plastics should be here tonight so I can start my tear down. I have to figure out what I'm going to do with the scuffed up new ramps I got from Marco though....

Post some pics

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Ordered by mistake and does not fit Pro LED version swinging bell. Cut the back side off and added a little two sided velcro. Think it looks pretty good.[quoted image][quoted image]

Indeed it does, pinballjah - where did you order this mod from? Thanks.

#429 4 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

Indeed it does, pinballjah - where did you order this mod from? Thanks.

It was from Pinball Life

https://www.pinballlife.com/acdc-bell-log-mod.html

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Post some pics

I'm not too thrilled with these. I'm afraid to send them back, because I'll probably get something worse.

IMG_9586.JPGIMG_9586.JPG

IMG_9587.JPGIMG_9587.JPG

#431 4 years ago

That sucks. Any way you can get a decal to put over ac/dc related?

#432 4 years ago

I'm not too thrilled with these. I'm afraid to send them back, because I'll probably get something worse.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Are those used?

#433 4 years ago

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Where were they ordered from?

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Are those used?

Unfortunately not. Brand new.

Quoted from dmacy:

That sucks. Any way you can get a decal to put over ac/dc related?

I think someone sells train track stickers for them...

Quoted from newpinbin:

Where were they ordered from?

Marco.

#435 4 years ago

Unfortunately not. Brand new.

I think someone sells train track stickers for them...

Marco.

You should call them. The first pic looks like its cracked.

#436 4 years ago

I came across this video. I thought it was very ingenious!

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/25/us/thunderstruck-video-baby-acdc-trnd/index.html

#437 4 years ago

Well the time has come. ;-( My first brand new game in my life and I'm trading it. Almost lost a lil sleep over it last night, but I'm bored w it, so its time to go. Theres nothing like getting your first NIB pin...

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Well the time has come. ;-( My first brand new game in my life and I'm trading it. Almost lost a lil sleep over it last night, but I'm bored w it, so its time to go. Theres nothing like getting your first NIB pin...

I think that’s why I’ll never let mine go. Aside from the awesome tunes and always fun gameplay, it was my first NiB that I saved up for and wanted badly for a while until I could pull the trigger (pulled it...pulled it...pulled it.......shoot to thrill!)

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

No way! I always come back to this machine, keep it. I could never find a pro for a decent price. Then the vault edition came out, which went for less than a used one at the time. Scooped one up and never looked back.

#440 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

No way! I always come back to this machine, keep it. I could never find a pro for a decent price. Then the vault edition came out, which went for less than a used one at the time. Scooped one up and never looked back.

I could keep it but I'd be bored. It's just me and the nature of having 1 game. I love WCS and TZ and eventually w just one I'd get bored w anything. We bought it because my wife fell in love w it, but now I'm the only one that plays it. Might as well get something different.

#441 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

This will eventually happen to every game you ever own. When you get a game, it has a hidden number of games that you can play on it. And as you play it, you get one game closer to hitting that point where you are playing it, and feel restless and bored as you shoot it. For great games, that number can be in the thousands. And then it's over, the game has to go. I recognize it in every game I've sold. They all hit that point. And it is just part of the hobby.

So don't lose sleep over it. Because it is usually followed by the thrill of a new game, and then the counter restarts. Even if it was your first NIB, there will be another game to love.

#442 4 years ago

Out of curiosity - has anyone installed a Premium train in their Pro?

If so, are there any additional parts required over/above the train itself? I've looked in the current Premium manual and I'm not seeing any reference to anything other than the actual "Molded Train Toy - 511-6987-00", but when I look on the bottom of my train vs. the Pro playfield there's not a good way to mount it using what is available.

Am I missing a mounting plate or something else that secures the train to the left ramp?

TIA for help on what I know is now an "old mod".

#443 4 years ago

Sad but amusing story. So i never quite liked the vault bell mech compared to how i remember it on the premium. Today, i just happened to take a look at it and found out why. The bell was resting on the left part of the metal guide causing it to bind up a bit. It made for tough and unsatisfying bell hits. Well, loosened the two screws holding the bracket, repositioned and tightened. Bell swings super freely now how it should. So good to hit, so satisfying.

Long story short, check your bell guides to make sure it’s not binding.

#444 4 years ago

If so, are there any additional parts required over/above the train itself? I've looked in the current Premium manual and I'm not seeing any reference to anything other than the actual "Molded Train Toy - 511-6987-00", but when I look on the bottom of my train vs. the Pro playfield there's not a good way to mount it using what is available.
Am I missing a mounting plate or something else that secures the train to the left ramp?

Mine came with the after market train. Seems to work ok. I used two way Velcro to secure it.

#445 4 years ago

Yep. One of the best mods. Two way Velcro and soldered on alligator clips. Clip it to the RnR Train song jukebox leads

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Yep. One of the best mods. Two way Velcro and soldered on alligator clips. Clip it to the RnR Train song jukebox leads

Fantastic - thank you @ezatnova - I'll work towards those items.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sad but amusing story. So i never quite liked the vault bell mech compared to how i remember it on the premium. Today, i just happened to take a look at it and found out why. The bell was resting on the left part of the metal guide causing it to bind up a bit. It made for tough and unsatisfying bell hits. Well, loosened the two screws holding the bracket, repositioned and tightened. Bell swings super freely now how it should. So good to hit, so satisfying.
Long story short, check your bell guides to make sure it’s not binding.

Good point. I've recently installed the Vault bell mech on my "first run" Pro machine. Personally, I like the Premium bell mech better, as it is suspended overhead, secured at the left side, and there is no metal guide to limit the swinging action of the pendulum. I'm wondering why Stern put that guide on the Vault, as there's really no way for the pendulum and/or bell to "move" from side/side regardless of whether the Vault or the Premium mech in use. Seeing how the Vault guide *could* move over time, it seems like more a liability than anything else.

The Premium mech "looks better" (IMHO) since there is no guide.

#448 4 years ago

Good point. I've recently installed the Vault bell mech on my "first run" machine. Personally, I like the Premium bell mech better, as it is suspended overhead, from the left side, and there is no metal guide to limit the swinging action. I'm wondering why Stern put that guide on the Vault, as there's really no way for the bell to "move" from side/side regardless of either the Vault or the Premium mech in use. The Premium mech "looks better" (IMHO) since there is no guide.

Did you buy it as parts individually? I saw a thread on that here but it seemed rather pricey to buy that way? I just have the swinging bell mod on my original run pro and I'm pretty happy with it but maybe its time to upgrade.

Also on the topic of the train mod is there any good mod to for those that replace that song with Dirty Deeds?

#449 4 years ago

Fantastic - thank you @ezatnova - I'll work towards those items.

I forgot the last thing...frosted led (I highly prefer red to go with the theme). The cool/ice and blinding clearness of the stock bulb was not ideal.

6E703549-EEA4-4497-92A4-0781CEF834ED (resized).jpeg6E703549-EEA4-4497-92A4-0781CEF834ED (resized).jpeg8FDC26C7-D6E6-430D-9506-E40D5096BE70 (resized).jpeg8FDC26C7-D6E6-430D-9506-E40D5096BE70 (resized).jpeg
#450 4 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Did you buy it as parts individually? I saw a thread on that here but it seemed rather pricey to buy that way? I just have the swinging bell mod on my original run pro and I'm pretty happy with it but maybe its time to upgrade.
Also on the topic of the train mod is there any good mod to for those that replace that song with Dirty Deeds?

Invest $20 in Pinball Browser and make all the changes you want.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.