(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg
There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 19.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

What are your high scores? I'm right at 150mil, no encore or combo champion. I really loved the 90s William's combos, dont seems to have much luck on combos on AC/DC

Also several high-scores around 150mil with my GC at 160+mil. Seem to be pretty stuck at that scores. Never reached Encore but honestly I am just playing for fun most of the times and not trying to complete all songs.

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Get the Flipper Fidelity 10" system, you won't regret it!

I have that in my black knight SOR. On my AC⚡️DC I have stock speakers with an external powered 8”. The AC⚡️DC sounds better, IMHO. Definitely a ton more bass available too.

#353 4 years ago

Any tips to distinguish the shots to increase a song jackpots and the multiball jackpots shots? Ive read something about the way they blink, but im not 100% sure... Any color that maybe benefits more of this controled blink type?

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

What is missing? I would like to know some more mods, such and amazing game..

Here's a few pics of what I added to my pro.
Also a pic of some parts I'd sell.

IMG_9488 (resized).JPGIMG_9488 (resized).JPGIMG_9489 (resized).JPGIMG_9489 (resized).JPGIMG_9492 (resized).JPGIMG_9492 (resized).JPGIMG_9494 (resized).JPGIMG_9494 (resized).JPGIMG_9497 (resized).JPGIMG_9497 (resized).JPG
#355 4 years ago

I also added the red apron, plastic protectors, and the cannon mod
IMG_9498 (resized).JPGIMG_9498 (resized).JPG

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

[quoted image]

Looks very nice, but i prefer my personall center decal to the Helen on, just preference because i think it blends better with the rest, but Helen decal is amazing...

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

[quoted image]

Can you list what you're selling
And those cards are awesome, where did you get them/ can you make me a set/send me the images???

#358 4 years ago

Anyone have a SR autographed flyer for sale?

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

[quoted image]

Quoted from pinbuoy:

And those cards are awesome, where did you get them/ can you make me a set/send me the images???

Ditto regarding the cards! Where'd you get 'em?

#360 4 years ago

I've installed the backbox and sub woofer amps and speakers in my AC/DC and Stern Star Trek. I can't say enough good things about how well they sound and vast improvement over the stock setup. The closest stock set up would be TNA. If you've ever had the chance to play that pin, you know how immersive that sound system is. AC/DC deserves to have a sound system to elevate the music to concert quality.

I recently got my Star Trek back from a short term swap with a friend and damaged the backbox amp. The power cord to the amp got tangled in the cabinet and stress fractured the female plug on the amp when I folded the head down. Totally and completely 100% my fault. Better cable management on my part would've prevented this from ever happening. Mistake made and lesson learned.

I reached out to Dan to see if he had a spare female connector he could sell me or point me in the direction of where I could find one.

His response and level of customer support went way above and beyond anything I would ever expect or dream of receiving. I asked for an inch and he insisted on providing me a mile.

I'm back up and running again and a lifetime fan of @pinwoofer, their products and company.

Long story short; buy with confidence, the product is amazing and the customer support is off the charts.

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

[quoted image]

Where you buy the Luci decal from? Thanks.

#362 4 years ago

What is the value of new AC/DC Pro Vault decals?

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from Mach5Amps:

Ditto regarding the cards! Where'd you get 'em?

I don't recall where I picked up the cards from.

Quoted from pinballjah:

Where you buy the Luci decal from? Thanks.

Aurich made the Helen decals, but he was forced to stop selling them

#366 4 years ago

Is there a way to play to the "Live" music?

#367 4 years ago

not during the game but you can press the FIRE button to switch to am when in radio mode

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from Boondocker:

not during the game but you can press the FIRE button to switch to am when in radio mode

Was hoping that was not the case. If you achieve wizard mode, is there a hidden song the you are able to access?

#369 4 years ago

Let me know if anyone in the AC/DC club needs a shaker. Check out my ad:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/nib-ac-dc-shaker-motor-oem

#370 4 years ago

Does anyone have an extra decal to cover up Angus? My understanding is they were sold in sets of three. Shipping to US address. Thanks for the help.

769AA348-6909-45F5-91EC-8E8ACF776BAA (resized).jpeg769AA348-6909-45F5-91EC-8E8ACF776BAA (resized).jpeg
#371 4 years ago

World’s smallest AC/DC topper.

7F96817A-08EE-4B9B-98AC-72D951866CEE (resized).jpeg7F96817A-08EE-4B9B-98AC-72D951866CEE (resized).jpeg
#372 4 years ago

Does anyone have a link to the install instructions for the train mod? It came with my game but not installed. Thanks.

#373 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Does anyone have a link to the install instructions for the train mod? It came with my game but not installed. Thanks.

The Pro does not have the same connection as the Premium for the train.

Use hot glue (or your preferred adhesive) to attach the train to the ramp. Convert the connector on the train to alligator clips, ensuring you keep the hot and ground connections the same.

Attach the alligator clips to the GI string in the back of the game (the bulbs along the back of the playfield).

Your train will light up blue and cycle with the GI in the back.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The Pro does not have the same connection as the Premium for the train.
Use hot glue (or your preferred adhesive) to attach the train to the ramp. Convert the connector on the train to alligator clips, ensuring you keep the hot and ground connections the same.
Attach the alligator clips to the GI string in the back of the game (the bulbs along the back of the playfield).
Your train will light up blue and cycle with the GI in the back.

I would just suggest using double sided stick on Velcro to attach the train. Makes it way easier to remove when you need to get to something and the train is in the way. You can’t see it at all if it’s placed under the main train section and they make it in clear.

Also I prefer the alligator clips on the GI bulb for Rock n Roll Train, on the jukebox. That way it interacts nicely with the game.

#375 4 years ago

So, i have to leave the KISS-Club after a swap for AC/DC Pro Vault Edition.
Think, it is a good move.
Hello to all, i am the new one here.

#376 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies for the train install. Will need to figure out how to attach at the back. I guess they are designed for the premium. If anyone happens to have a photo of where they connected it at the back, that would be very helpful. Jim

#377 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for the replies for the train install. Will need to figure out how to attach at the back. I guess they are designed for the premium. If anyone happens to have a photo of where they connected it at the back, that would be very helpful. Jim

Just connect it to the rock and roll train jukebox light. Its the bulb that blinks for rock and roll train.

1 week later
#378 4 years ago

Anyone know what extra accessories I may need to use a colordmd from a Williams to an AC/DC Pro (LCD)? Thanks.

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone know what extra accessories I may need to use a colordmd from a Williams to an AC/DC Pro (LCD)? Thanks.

I think it plugs into the 3 pin connector near the power switch to the right, just inside the coin door. If you have some other modifications plugged on there such as led speakers or flipper buttons, you'll prob need power splitter

#380 4 years ago

Anyone do the LED flipper buttons?
It doesnt mention re-using the original flipper nut, but to screw the led board in, I just reused the nut, w/o putting another hole in my brand new machine
15756888397397534342870465137039 (resized).jpg15756888397397534342870465137039 (resized).jpg

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Anyone do the LED flipper buttons?
It doesnt mention re-using the original flipper nut, but to screw the led board in, I just reused the nut, w/o putting another hole in my brand new machine
[quoted image]

There’s a hole that you took the screw out of. I just use that to hold the LED board in.

#382 4 years ago

During recent gameplay, the spinner somehow stopped sitting level. Now the ball passes directly under it, without touching the spinner first. I don't see anything bent or dislodged. I tried to reset it by hand but it will not stay level. Any ideas???

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

During recent gameplay, the spinner somehow stopped sitting level. Now the ball passes directly under it, without touching the spinner first. I don't see anything bent or dislodged. I tried to reset it by hand but it will not stay level. Any ideas???

If it turns freely still, yes, it’s bent. If you’re holding it level, one or both of the arms on the spinner itself is bent forwards or backwards, and you’ll need to bend it back to bias the spinner correctly.

#384 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If it turns freely still, yes, it’s bent. If you’re holding it level, one or both of the arms on the spinner itself is bent forwards or backwards, and you’ll need to bend it back to bias the spinner correctly.

Yes, it spins freely. I will try that then.

1 week later
#385 4 years ago

Ok this is prob embarrassing since I've owned this game for 13 months. How does this game count combos? Per ball maybe? They dont have to be back to back to back do they?

1 week later
#386 4 years ago

Ok let's try this ! How do you progress thru the songs? Do you have to select each one from the jukebox? Do you have to get each song jackpot to get to the encore jackpot? Dont the songs reset after each ball?

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Ok let's try this ! How do you progress thru the songs? Do you have to select each one from the jukebox? Do you have to get each song jackpot to get to the encore jackpot? Dont the songs reset after each ball?

There’s 12 objectives in the game, 1 per song. Example, Left loop spinner shot is War Machine, Right loop shot is Hell ain’t a bad place to be, the bell is Hell’s bells, the TNT targets are TNT, and so on and so on. When you complete a song objective, it’ll light solid on the jukebox, light 8 song objectives to light the jukebox and switch songs - once you pick/play through all the songs on the jukebox, encore will light. All 12 objectives are pretty much the same no matter what song you pick or play with one exception, the song you are playing has a slightly tweaked objective and when completed it will light all the music note shots.

I’m probably missing a few things, but that’s the jist of it.

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

There’s 12 objectives in the game, 1 per song. Example, Left loop spinner shot is War Machine, Right loop shot is Hell ain’t a bad place to be, the bell is Hell’s bells, the TNT targets are TNT, and so on and so on. When you complete a song objective, it’ll light solid on the jukebox, light 8 song objectives to light the jukebox and switch songs - once you pick/play through all the songs on the jukebox, encore will light. All 12 objectives are pretty much the same no matter what song you pick or play with one exception, the song you are playing has a slightly tweaked objective and when completed it will light all the music note shots.
I’m probably missing a few things, but that’s the jist of it.

Thanks
Is this over ball or per game?
PS I just set my new high score 171k

#389 4 years ago

I picked up an original Pro model from the local operator. It's been on route its entire life and shows a little over 18,800 paid credits. Play field still looks great with almost no wear. She does need some work though. All the lightning bolt targets are busted and the ramp entrances are destroyed.

I ordered ramps, new lightning bolts and all the parts for rebuilding the flippers and pops. I plan on starting the tear down sometime next week. It looks pretty straight forward compared to Star Trek which was my first topside tear down. This will be the second.

I cleaned the underside of the inserts and it made a huge difference already. It already has LEDs, but I plan on swapping some of them out. They used colored LEDs in some spots for GI, which I absolutely hate.

The original DMD had a line through it, so I swapped that out with one I had laying around. I'm not sure if I want to do a speaker upgrade and or a colorDMD on this one yet.

It's just sitting in the middle of the room now ready to be stripped.

IMG_9107 (resized).JPGIMG_9107 (resized).JPG

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I picked up an original Pro model from the local operator. It's been on route its entire life and shows a little over 18,800 paid credits. Play field still looks great with almost no wear. She does need some work though. All the lightning bolt targets are busted and the ramp entrances are destroyed.
I ordered ramps, new lightning bolts and all the parts for rebuilding the flippers and pops. I plan on starting the tear down sometime next week. It looks pretty straight forward compared to Star Trek which was my first topside tear down. This will be the second.
I cleaned the underside of the inserts and it made a huge difference already. It already has LEDs, but I plan on swapping some of them out. They used colored LEDs in some spots for GI, which I absolutely hate.
The original DMD had a line through it, so I swapped that out with one I had laying around. I'm not sure if I want to do a speaker upgrade and or a colorDMD on this one yet.
[quoted image]

Congrats
Bought our vault pro 13 months ago
It has 800 plays

#391 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Looks like you need a cannon cover too

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Looks like you need a cannon cover too

Is mine missing something?

#393 4 years ago

[quoted image]

Would like to see more pics of your pro with 18800 plays on it. Looks good from the pic you did post.

#394 4 years ago

Is mine missing something?

Yes you need a cannon cover

#395 4 years ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Yes you need a cannon cover

Looks like the cannon plastic is there

#396 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

From the pictures I'm finding, it looks complete. Unless it's some mod or something?

Quoted from newpinbin:

Would like to see more pics of your pro with 18800 plays on it. Looks good from the pic you did post.

That's actually 18,000+ paid credits. That doesn't include replays, matches, service credits, the times they put it on freeplay, etc. I can't get a total play count, since that resets every code update. But the number of paid credits persists.

This is the only one I have on my phone right now. It's in great shape and sadly to say, better shape than my BM'66 Catwoman that's missing chunks of the play field. The ramps are completely trashed and all 3 lightning bolts are snapped off, but I couldn't find any wear on the play field.

She is dirty though. I already did the underside and cleaned the inserts along with a quick cleaning of the topside. I'm just waiting on the plastics set that was back ordered and supposed to be here next week. Then it's a top side tear down, mech rebuild, etc.

IMG_9290.JPGIMG_9290.JPG

#397 4 years ago

From the pic the ramps don't really look bad. Sometimes all it needs is a quick wipe down. If you ever get around to it post some more detailed pics of your game. Would be interested to see the wear on an AC/DC with that may plays.

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Sorry, you guys are right, I thought you were missing a plastic.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

If you ever get around to it post some more detailed pics of your game. Would be interested to see the wear on an AC/DC with that may plays.

As requested. 18,488 paid credits with a 19% match and whatever else was earned through free games. Definitely more than 22,000+ games on this bad boy.

1E2EF7CC-024E-42A5-B3F5-3D6A0C4D36F8.jpeg1E2EF7CC-024E-42A5-B3F5-3D6A0C4D36F8.jpeg5408BC86-517F-47B1-A366-3EB4505D52B7.jpeg5408BC86-517F-47B1-A366-3EB4505D52B7.jpeg145880D2-68C9-424D-A49E-E39AB10C495B.jpeg145880D2-68C9-424D-A49E-E39AB10C495B.jpegC127B26E-3B86-43B8-B3ED-BC3A06134080.jpegC127B26E-3B86-43B8-B3ED-BC3A06134080.jpegEB53CBC7-4E92-47CD-B9C6-A045C619228F.jpegEB53CBC7-4E92-47CD-B9C6-A045C619228F.jpegEB6DDD64-6DF3-4032-9D1D-0180DA7D28DD.jpegEB6DDD64-6DF3-4032-9D1D-0180DA7D28DD.jpeg
#400 4 years ago

As requested. 18,488 paid credits with a 19% match and whatever else was earned through free games. Definitely more than 22,000+ games on this bad boy.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How is the wear by the targets on the playfield from all the canon shots? I always worry the playfield will get damaged from this toy. Don’t see balls being shot out of the air on many games. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made/page/8?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.