(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 904 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 hours ago by Stebel
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg

There are 904 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 19.
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally some blades that look great on this game!

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where can I get these blades at?

#202 5 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Where can I get these blades at?

Tilt Graphics

#203 5 years ago

New Interactive Game Guide for AC/DC: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=867

- Interactive Shot Map displays shots for the selected rule
- Optimized for cell phones

Please check it out

pbz_ac_dc (resized).pngpbz_ac_dc (resized).png
1 week later
#204 5 years ago

Can a pro vault owner post a pic of the front of their coin door? Just need to see what bill slot door stern went with for the vaults so I can order a pinnovators headset. Thanks!

#205 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can a pro vault owner post a pic of the front of their coin door? Just need to see what bill slot door stern went with for the vaults so I can order a pinnovators headset. Thanks!

Had to take a few for the black on black to show up, so it’s a crappy photo.

C2650B48-FD83-4C53-A6B2-CA5D84178328 (resized).jpegC2650B48-FD83-4C53-A6B2-CA5D84178328 (resized).jpeg

#206 5 years ago

I got an acdc pro coming. Besides shaker, headset, sub; any recommended mods? I really love hooked’s lightning bolt flashers, but $120+ Seems pretty hefty.

#207 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got an acdc pro coming. Besides shaker, headset, sub; any recommended mods? I really love hooked’s lightning bolt flashers, but $120+ Seems pretty hefty.

Lightning bolts, train and color dmd.

I’d skip the headphones and get the lightning bolts if $120 is hefty, they are worth it!

#208 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I’d skip the headphones and get the lightning bolts if $120 is hefty, they are worth it!

Headphones are must in my house. I played typically at night and gotta keep sound down as much as possible.

What about the ramp decals. I really like them but are they easy to apply; are ramps easy to remove/replace?

#209 5 years ago

Anybody else looking to join the club?

Machine - For Sale
AC/DC (Pro) Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Nice, near HUO, original AC/DC Pro. LEDs, shaker, pinball pro sub, swinging bell mod, metal cab protectors, new lightning bolt plastics. Looks great, plays great.”
2018-08-30
Highland, IN
4,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 1314 times

#210 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

+1 on the ColorDMD.
And a sub, because the music needs it.

I bought the train, but haven’t put it in yet.

#211 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I got Hooked on Pinball's lightning bolts. Be warned, they are very bright.

#212 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I got Hooked on Pinball's lightning bolts. Be warned, they are very bright.

Thanks, At $120+, i May hold off for now.

Has anyone installed the ramp decals? Was it difficult to get the ramps on and off?

#213 5 years ago

Got my ACDC Pro VE on Tuesday, traded it for my GB Pro.

What has been done so far:

Flipper Fidelity 10" system
Mezel Mods horn topper
Laseriffic mirrored lighting bolts (not on the picture)

More mods to come
So far really enjoying the game, especially compared to the fight and frustration of the Ghostbusters.

IMG_20180905_002506 (resized).jpgIMG_20180905_002506 (resized).jpg
#214 5 years ago

You chose wisely. Welcome to the club! No get ready to get your butt whipped as you miss that huge song jackpot

#215 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You chose wisely. Welcome to the club! No get ready to get your butt whipped as you miss that huge song jackpot

At least he’s in the right club and can’t have that song jackpot brick against a stuck drop target LOL

#216 5 years ago

Joined the club about 3 weeks ago with a new VE Pro. Fell in love with this pin at an arcade near me and have wanted one for over a year.

Absolutely love it and can’t get enough of the gameplay and challenge.

First night it was delivered, I modded with: shaker, pinbits thunderbolts (amazing), external powered sub, red plastic protectors, titan bands, and yellow/red led changing flipper buttons (they go great with the theme).

On order now, I have speaker LED kit, premium train, cliffys, trough light kit, guitar flipper toppers, and a red stern start button.

Only thing I’ve really had to mess with is insulating various bits in the machine with some clear rubber (i.e. where the ramp rests on a screw head and where the band card touches the horn on the jukebox card, etc.) and some foam tape behind the translight, so the shaker motor has zero vibration noise now. Super smooth and now you just feel it instead of hear it.

Other than that, out of the box, that darn SDTM preventing spring kept VERY often trapping balls. Even multiple balls during multiball (see pic)! So, using a friend’s set of hands, with two needle nose pliers, we re angled the bend of the spring so it still functions fine but only catches a ball about 0.5% of the time now.

It’s interesting that stern changed the design of the spring. In a post not too far back in this thread, there’s a picture of the spring and it’s just a straight piece of round metal wire poking out. You can see mine now has a sort of P shape on it. My theory is that the P helps stop the ball from flying over top of the wire when it’s fired hard up at it. Still mine will hop over it once in a while, but I imagine it would happen a lot more with just a plain wire vs the P little loop on the end.

One question I have is, early in this thread someone mentioned they were able to light the TNT box with a flasher. I saw a kit online for this (and electro luminescent wires from the tnt box), but it says Premium/LE only because the Pro TNT box is not hollow. In case they changed this on the Vault LED, I checked and removed the front panel of the TNT box and sure enough, it’s a solid block of wood in there. Anyone know how this TNT light mod can be done on the Pro?

46801A00-AC9C-41C4-AAAC-AF36EAAE8002 (resized).jpeg46801A00-AC9C-41C4-AAAC-AF36EAAE8002 (resized).jpeg693ACE13-98C0-45CF-87BA-B7F7BA2C466D (resized).jpeg693ACE13-98C0-45CF-87BA-B7F7BA2C466D (resized).jpeg89584F18-C784-4258-8D08-2A54D099031A (resized).jpeg89584F18-C784-4258-8D08-2A54D099031A (resized).jpeg

#217 5 years ago

I think the spring is installed upside down...

#218 5 years ago

I don't have the spring on mine and I have no issue with SDTM. When I did have the spring balls would often hang up on it. I highly recommend taking it off and see how yours plays. In the rare event I have a ball heading SDTM its a long roll from the pops and a minor nudge usually gets it to a flipper.

#220 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I think the spring is installed upside down...

Spring is correct, mine is installed the same way. Also had issues with SDTM at the beginning. Pitched it at 7° and leveled it perfectly, so far no more center drains out of the pop bumpers.

#221 5 years ago

Loving it! My next order will be actually the Total Lightshow kit Can't wait for it!

#222 5 years ago

Hey guys, I finally made it to the club with a vault! I’ve only had enough time to power it up and get a handful of games in to test. I noticed one issue which I plan to troubleshoot this weekend but wanted to throw it out there:

+ in multiballs, about 50% of the time the cannon won’t fire, but it will use my VIP passes instead. Just wanted to check if anyone has seen this or if it’s a known bug before I go troubleshooting. I don’t suspect it’s a bug. I have a feeling it’s either a loose connection with the full lockdown FIRE button or the switch needs to be gapped a little more. I have not seen the issue occur in single ball play. My suspicion is that the coils firing off in multiball is jogging a loose connection or triggering the switch before the cannon moves away from the home position so it then gives out VIP pass awards rather than firing the cannon. All seems to work fine and dandy in switch test and in single ball play.

Other than that; it’s amazing what 5 years does. I remember this game being fast, brutal, and in your face. But games like SW and GOT must have made me a better player cause I am having no problems keeping the ball in play and shooting all around the playfield. I love the wire and bell shot now though, it’s No longer a 50/50 sdtm shot, it’s actually fun to hit. I bought this pin so I’d have 2 brutal pins (SW and ACDC) and one casual (AS pro). Turns out ACDC is looking to be my casual and AS will be joining SW as a brutal pin.

Now to get those mods installed

87D58ED5-442C-4090-95C4-DF2F22916C20 (resized).jpeg87D58ED5-442C-4090-95C4-DF2F22916C20 (resized).jpegD739DB92-54C7-481A-BA07-76EA87CF4835 (resized).jpegD739DB92-54C7-481A-BA07-76EA87CF4835 (resized).jpeg
#223 5 years ago

Any good apron cards someone could share? Thanks!

#224 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have a feeling it’s either a loose connection with the full lockdown FIRE button or the switch needs to be gapped a little more.

Sounds like the cannon loaded switch isn't registering sometimes. It will use a VIP pass if it doesn't know there is a ball in the cannon. Only way that would happen is if the loaded switch didn't close. It's a bit like a scoop switch not registering. Just bend it out a bit.

Added over 6 years ago:

Edit—of course this is a dumb suggestion as the cannon wouldn’t move in the first place if it didn’t know it was loaded.

#225 5 years ago

The flashers behind the lighting bolts at the ramp entrances keep loosening themselves after a couple of games.

One flashers even jumped out of his socket and landed on the playfield during Multiball.

Anyone else with those issues?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

The flashers behind the lighting bolts at the ramp entrances keep loosening themselves after a couple of games.
One flashers even jumped out of his socket and landed on the playfield during Multiball.
Anyone else with those issues?

Absolutely. Hot glue helps.

#227 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

in multiballs, about 50% of the time the cannon won’t fire, but it will use my VIP passes instead. Just wanted to check if anyone has seen this or if it’s a known bug before I go troubleshooting. I don’t suspect it’s a bug. I have a feeling it’s either a loose connection with the full lockdown FIRE button or the switch needs to be gapped a little more. I have not seen the issue occur in single ball play.

Welcome back!

@vireland has a post in here with a fix for the bulbs popping out by wrapping them with electrical tape. I found that to be the best solution.

Now the cannon. That one drove me nuts for a while, but finally I figured out it was when the E lane was lit. Yours might be the same thing. It was the placement of the bulb interfering with the onto.

Before:

7F6A9A25-AFB5-4CAE-87B2-DA3A828C300D (resized).jpeg7F6A9A25-AFB5-4CAE-87B2-DA3A828C300D (resized).jpeg

After:

62808A12-2CDF-4101-A364-47EAB5DE2197 (resized).jpeg62808A12-2CDF-4101-A364-47EAB5DE2197 (resized).jpeg

That totally cured my problem with the cannon not firing.

Also, if multiballs are not ending when you drain the second to last balls, my trough switch’s were bent up to be too high catching a single ball. Quick adjustment.

#228 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Welcome back!
@vireland has a post in here with a fix for the bulbs popping out by wrapping them with electrical tape. I found that to be the best solution.
Now the cannon. That one drove me nuts for a while, but finally I figured out it was when the E lane was lit. Yours might be the same thing. It was the placement of the bulb interfering with the onto.
Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]
That totally cured my problem with the cannon not firing.
Also, if multiballs are not ending when you drain the second to last balls, my trough switch’s were bent up to be too high catching a single ball. Quick adjustment.

Wow, very cool find on that cannon Dave! Totally makes sense with how intermittent the problem has been. I disconnected and reconnected about a dozen connections last night including connections on the IO board. I played about a dozen or more games after and haven't seen the issue come back, but I'll take a look at my E lane bulb and see if there's some correlation with it. Big thanks!

Btw, I increased coil strength to hard; now this is the AC/DC I remember; frantic, fast, balls to the wall on your toes fun. That small adjustment went a long way with the overall feel of the game.

#229 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Btw, I increased coil strength to hard; now this is the AC/DC I remember; frantic, fast, balls to the wall on your toes fun. That small adjustment went a long way with the overall feel of the game.

I’m gonna have to try that. Though I like how mine plays right now, a change is always fun.

#230 5 years ago

I'm a little confused on the for those about to rock mode. Am I supposed to hit the non-middle target to increase the song jackpot, and hit the middle target when I want to collect it? It might just be hard to tell with standup targets but it seems like sometimes the middle target isnt available when I dont think I've hit it, and sometimes there are 3 target options (including the middle). I didn't see a good explanation in the rules write up I read.

#231 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'm a little confused on the for those about to rock mode. Am I supposed to hit the non-middle target to increase the song jackpot, and hit the middle target when I want to collect it? It might just be hard to tell with standup targets but it seems like sometimes the middle target isnt available when I dont think I've hit it, and sometimes there are 3 target options (including the middle). I didn't see a good explanation in the rules write up I read.

When you load the cannon, the display will say what the target is while the target flashes simultaneously. Sometimes there’s more than one reward so multiple targets will light but read the display before the cannon goes and you’ll know what target is which and their respective point value.

#232 5 years ago

It goes so fast I can't tell most times trying to look at the playfield then screen before it goes away. Is it always the middle to score the jackpot and lit letter to build it?

#233 5 years ago

More mods to report in on. Got some stuff for my birthday!

- train
- trough light
- speaker lights
- guitar flipper toppers
- red start button

I love them all but am slightly concerned at the brightness of the blue train LED. It is BRIGHT and a bit distracting. I noticed on the Premium/LE it is very rarely lit. In fact, watching some gameplay video, it only lit at the selection of RnR Train, not even when the train ramp was hit. I realize it has its own coding and harness connection in the LE/Prem but, has anyone figured out a smarter spot than a GI connection to hook the train power to on the Pro, so it’s not on 100% of the time?

2745E0C6-FEA9-4FA4-90EA-78B0B3F19EAF (resized).jpeg2745E0C6-FEA9-4FA4-90EA-78B0B3F19EAF (resized).jpeg3D09C754-CE4D-45A5-940F-3834635D4FF2 (resized).jpeg3D09C754-CE4D-45A5-940F-3834635D4FF2 (resized).jpeg4FDB2CA3-851C-4B1A-9C27-F54549E09CAB (resized).jpeg4FDB2CA3-851C-4B1A-9C27-F54549E09CAB (resized).jpeg
#234 5 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

- train
- trough light
- speaker lights
- guitar flipper toppers
- red start button
I love them all but am slightly concerned at the brightness of the blue train LED. It is BRIGHT and a bit distracting. I noticed on the Premium/LE it is very rarely lit. In fact, watching some gameplay video, it only lit at the selection of RnR Train, not even when the train ramp was hit. I realize it has its own coding and harness connection in the LE/Prem but, has anyone figured out a smarter spot than a GI connection to hook the train power to on the Pro, so it’s not on 100% of the time?

Why don't you connect it to the led socket for the song behind the song list on the backboard. You could use alligator clips if you want as it's a 44 socket.

#235 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Absolutely. Hot glue helps.

Works just fine, thanks!

Also replaced the flashers with 9 SMD ones since one original was broken. Brightness is the same as the Stern ones yet cooler. Fits the machine quite well.
IMG_20180917_205445 (resized).jpgIMG_20180917_205445 (resized).jpg

#236 5 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

You’ll just have to bite the bullet and do this..

#237 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

You’ll just have to bite the bullet and do this..

Ordered my Total Lightshow kit last week, can't wait for it to arrive

#238 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Why don't you connect it to the led socket for the song behind the song list on the backboard. You could use alligator clips if you want as it's a 44 socket.

That’s not a bad idea. Still might be on a little much, since that song gets activated on the board fairly often. Was also wondering if it might be feasible to connect to the horns on the jukebox. They don’t flash too often so it wouldn’t be too annoying.

#239 5 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

That’s not a bad idea. Still might be on a little much, since that song gets activated on the board fairly often. Was also wondering if it might be feasible to connect to the horns on the jukebox. They don’t flash too often so it wouldn’t be too annoying.

Change it to a frosted LED and will cut down the blinding glare significantly.

#240 5 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

- train
- trough light
- speaker lights
- guitar flipper toppers
- red start button

Absolutely love the train! Where did you get it and how much did you pay?
Here in Germany it's 200 Euro which I think is quite a lot for a molded plastic train.

#241 5 years ago
Quoted from MrSmiley:

Absolutely love the train! Where did you get it and how much did you pay?
Here in Germany it's 200 Euro which I think is quite a lot for a molded plastic train.

Thanks. It does look great. Got it from Pinballlife. It’s not cheap, unfortunately.

#242 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

Change it to a frosted LED and will cut down the blinding glare significantly.

This was one of my thoughts. How does the bulb come out? Just pull from the front of the train, or twist, or do you have to remove the whole thing from the inside of the train?

I’ve read opposing things saying that the bulb is a 555 and a 44, so not sure which to buy as a replacement.

#243 5 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

This was one of my thoughts. How does the bulb come out? Just pull from the front of the train, or twist, or do you have to remove the whole thing from the inside of the train?
I’ve read opposing things saying that the bulb is a 555 and a 44, so not sure which to buy as a replacement.

It’s a 555 base. You should see a tiny screw on the front of the train that holds it there (nut inside).

029127D2-8642-4770-B8FA-38CB5B2B9762 (resized).jpeg029127D2-8642-4770-B8FA-38CB5B2B9762 (resized).jpeg

#244 5 years ago

And inevitably this is what it looks like after you break the bulb trying to pull it out.

674C952E-3B31-41D4-B56C-EE52C49C229F (resized).jpeg674C952E-3B31-41D4-B56C-EE52C49C229F (resized).jpeg

#245 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And inevitably this is what it looks like after you break the bulb trying to pull it out.
[quoted image]

The LED domes are glued on, so a dab of super glue will do the job. This happens all the time.

#246 5 years ago

Thanks guys. Sure looks like the bulb theoretically should pull right out without having to mess with that screw and the nut inside, but maybe the hole in the nose of the train is too small for it to fit through, so the dome just comes off?

Oh well, gonna order up a frosted 555 bulb. I like the thought of a warm white (more traditional like a real train) but hope that doesn’t look stupid with all the other LEDs of the machine being bright white.

#247 5 years ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

The LED domes are glued on, so a dab of super glue will do the job. This happens all the time.

I was swapping it out for a frosted anyway, so I just tossed it in the trash.

I'm sure I could have just dug the base out through the front, but it was just easier for me to take it out the other way.

#248 5 years ago

Update: changed out the train light bulb for a 1 SMD (dimmest) frosted red LED and it is a million times better. Ordered a frosted blue, red, warm and cool whites, but the red looked the nicest and was the most subtle. The blue wasn’t bad either, though.

In addition, per the suggestion above. changed the alligator clips to go to the juke box light for Rock n Roll Train, rather than the GI light. Very nice that it now comes on only when that song is active or completed.

15953148-1EE5-428D-ADF6-F14404E13BA6 (resized).jpeg15953148-1EE5-428D-ADF6-F14404E13BA6 (resized).jpeg
#249 5 years ago

My Helen!

Mods
-shaker motor
-bolt start button
-pin volume control
-pincup
-flame wrapped apron
-flame flippers
-premium color leds
-luci apron cards
-pdi glass (not installed yet)
-cannon mod
-train mod
-lcd video mod
-mirror blades
-pin stadium uv lights
-pinbits bolts
-drum/guitar toys
-hells bell wood mod
-Helen translite
-ninja balls
-flashing horns topper
-ramp decals
-trough lighting
-color dmd (not installed yet)

Still to do
-flipper fidelity
-speaker lights
-total lightshow
-under cab lighting
-led leg protectors
-pinball browser song update
36A2E55D-1824-483C-881F-93F3EA6FC119 (resized).jpeg36A2E55D-1824-483C-881F-93F3EA6FC119 (resized).jpeg7146E403-5DE9-47A6-8056-DB7095B38503 (resized).jpeg7146E403-5DE9-47A6-8056-DB7095B38503 (resized).jpegA41D0646-78DB-45B1-9506-F198844BE516 (resized).jpegA41D0646-78DB-45B1-9506-F198844BE516 (resized).jpegB2721FEC-3B17-4E59-AE5A-1C43B8E9B202 (resized).jpegB2721FEC-3B17-4E59-AE5A-1C43B8E9B202 (resized).jpegD05CC1D6-6203-4609-8390-47C78F368EB9 (resized).jpegD05CC1D6-6203-4609-8390-47C78F368EB9 (resized).jpeg

#250 5 years ago

In the market forone...whats the street prive on these ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 904 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made/page/5?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.