(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 904 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by Stebel
  • Topic is favorited by 43 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg

There are 904 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Drop heaven..
» YouTube video

Nice!!

#152 6 years ago

Oh wow, I guess I didn't realize the new Pro has drops.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Oh wow, I guess I didn't realize the new Pro has drops.

It doesn’t. That’s an add-on mod by TimeBandit.

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It doesn’t. That’s an add-on mod by TimeBandit.

Holy cow, that's a lot of work. It even has the Premium/LE logic that resets the bank at the beginning of each ball. (Standup progress on the Pro is preserved balls.)

Is there another thread with more info?

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Holy cow, that's a lot of work. It even has the Premium/LE logic that resets the bank at the beginning of each ball. (Standup progress on the Pro is preserved balls.)
Is there another thread with more info?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-put-drop-targets-in-your-stern-pro-sam

This link has all you need to know. I did drop targets in my game and did a brief write up. Bottom line, it’s not a huge undertaking if you’re comfortable with light electronics work. TimeBandit made it pretty idiot proof.

They work great!

#156 6 years ago

Joining the club today. My first modern Stern. Great addition to my line-up, mix things up quite a bit.

IMG_6848.JPGIMG_6848.JPG

#157 6 years ago

Don't know if this has been posted already; but I'm sure A LOT of us can relate. Classic AC/DC

https://clips.twitch.tv/SavoryPrettiestKoupreyTheRinger?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Don't know if this has been posted already; but I'm sure A LOT of us can relate. Classic AC/DC
https://clips.twitch.tv/SavoryPrettiestKoupreyTheRinger?tt_medium=clips_api&tt_content=url

serious anger issue.

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

God damn! But yes, I can relate. In fact, just a couple of hours ago I turned mine off mid-game after 3 consecutive house balls!

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I mean, he barely slammed it into the wall, and it tilts? Way too tight a tilt setting.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

LOL. Thanks.

Anyone want to buy a "slightly used" AC\DC?

1 month later
#162 6 years ago

Those who installed the color dmd, you liking it more than the red dots?

I have the color dmd in a couple other games and like it, just wonder if most are liking it.

What one do I need for the pro led with new metal backbox?

2 weeks later
#163 6 years ago

I am loving my ProVE. I believe it is now the greatest pro on earth. Dual drop target banks, better-than-premium GI Lightshow with apron lighting connected, swinging VE bell, premium train with light connected to controlled blue GI, DMD apron.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Those who installed the color dmd, you liking it more than the red dots?
I have the color dmd in a couple other games and like it, just wonder if most are liking it.
What one do I need for the pro led with new metal backbox?

I put it into my Pro VE last night. Love it!

There is a checkbox on the order page for the shield and standoffs for the metal backbox. You will need them.

When you put it in, it will look like a freak show and you might think it's hooked up wrong, but the display itself is setup for WPC by default. Hit the menu button and reset it for SAM. Then in the metal backbox games you have to adjust the screen position of the display. And finally, putting it in you need to angle it to go under the lip at the bottom of the metal panel.

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I put it into my Pro VE last night. Love it!
There is a checkbox on the order page for the shield and standoffs for the metal backbox. You will need them.
When you put it in, it will look like a freak show and you might think it's hooked up wrong, but the display itself is setup for WPC by default. Hit the menu button and reset it for SAM. Then in the metal backbox games you have to adjust the screen position of the display. And finally, putting it in you need to angle it to go under the lip at the bottom of the metal panel.

If I used pinball browser to change a few songs and also edited the text so dmd reflects song changes etc.... will the color dmd erase all of that or will the code I have installed overwrite what is downloaded from color dmd site?

#166 6 years ago

I have a dancing/kicking band assembly out of premium if anybody wants to try making that work in Pro. PM me if interested.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

If I used pinball browser to change a few songs and also edited the text so dmd reflects song changes etc.... will the color dmd erase all of that or will the code I have installed overwrite what is downloaded from color dmd site?

I run custom songs and it all works flawlessly on ColorDMD. ColorDMD has no impact on the code on your pin.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I run custom songs and it all works flawlessly on ColorDMD. ColorDMD has no impact on the code on your pin.

I think he was asking if the custom song titles will show up correctly colored. The answer is most of the time, but not always.

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I think he was asking if the custom song titles will show up correctly colored. The answer is most of the time, but not always.

An example of what I was referring to is I swapped war machine out and put who made Who in. Jukebox selection reflects it on dmd on song selection and also on animation with the spinner since that is associated shot.

Just was wondering if all will remain the same but colorized.

Don’t want to spend the $369 if it’s going to mess it all up!

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Mine color properly on AC/DC. When you color a pin you typically do not color specific letters or strings, you color for the area the string is displayed. So as long as the string is on the screen in roughly the same spot it will color correctly.

#171 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

An example of what I was referring to is I swapped war machine out and put who made Who in. Jukebox selection reflects it on dmd on song selection and also on animation with the spinner since that is associated shot.
Just was wondering if all will remain the same but colorized.
Don’t want to spend the $369 if it’s going to mess it all up!

I have custom songs and it all works perfectly. If you have a specific scene you want me to check, I can shoot a video on my phone for you tonight when I'm home. I swapped out War Machine as well.

#172 6 years ago

First time acdc pro owner here. Question for u guys...most of the time the right ramp shot will go up, stop, and return down the ramp. Not sure if its hitting the sign on top of the ramp or something else. Anyone have that same problem?

#173 6 years ago

Thanks for all the responses - I think I’ll just pull the trigger and buy it.

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from rz350rz350:

First time acdc pro owner here. Question for u guys...most of the time the right ramp shot will go up, stop, and return down the ramp. Not sure if its hitting the sign on top of the ramp or something else. Anyone have that same problem?

Happens when the shot isn’t strong enough to get over the crest of the ramp. Don’t think I’ve ever seen it hit anything and come back.

#175 6 years ago

It happens with a hard shot somewhere around or after the first bend.

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from rz350rz350:

It happens with a hard shot somewhere around or after the first bend.

If you have a recent iPhone, just fire up the slow motion camera and film it. You will be amazed how well you can see the action of the ball and what is taking away the energy of the shot. Then you can see if it’s side to side, hitting the top, or whatever is happening and take action to fix it.

#177 6 years ago

Great idea, thank you so much.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from rz350rz350:

The ball is probably jumping up and hitting the back of the band plastic. You can try adding some foam to the bottom of the plastic to reduce the bounceback.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Thanks for all the responses - I think I’ll just pull the trigger and buy it.

Go for it. It looks great with your songs.

IMG_5939 (resized).JPGIMG_5939 (resized).JPG

#180 6 years ago

Yeah I have "Can I sit next to you girl" on mine and I have never noticed any issues and that's a long string.

2 months later
#181 6 years ago

Could someone send me a pic of the little light board under the 3x on a VE pro? Had a few lights go out and looked around and it seems the canon ripped them off!!!! Just needing to see what wire goes where! Thanks

137FA757-D5FD-4726-80F7-E4CF53DD7989 (resized).jpeg137FA757-D5FD-4726-80F7-E4CF53DD7989 (resized).jpeg

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Could someone send me a pic of the little light board under the 3x on a VE pro? Had a few lights go out and looked around and it seems the canon ripped them off!!!! Just needing to see what wire goes where! Thanks

Should be the same/similar as the 2x. Different colour stripes on the wires but you’ll get the idea.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Should be the same/similar as the 2x. Different colour stripes on the wires but you’ll get the idea.

Oddly I think it’s an in-line socket on every thing but the the 3x. I guess they used the board to fit under the canon. I’m pretty sure both my yellow stripped wires solder to the same point and the orange goes to the other end but wanted to be sure

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from Hollywoodbone:

Oddly I think it’s an in-line socket on every thing but the the 3x. I guess they used the board to fit under the canon. I’m pretty sure both my yellow stripped wires solder to the same point and the orange goes to the other end but wanted to be sure

Sorry, good point. I have a pro VE too, lol. I’m just not at home at the moment. The drive wire will continue on, so yes, the one’s with the same pattern will go to the same point.

1 week later
#185 5 years ago

Joining the club...this game is fast! 8-)

945221EB-85A0-4F63-8618-FF97E53C88AC (resized).jpeg945221EB-85A0-4F63-8618-FF97E53C88AC (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#186 5 years ago

Finally some blades that look great on this game!

127FFC4E-9235-4284-ADC5-D0B8D50733C8 (resized).jpeg127FFC4E-9235-4284-ADC5-D0B8D50733C8 (resized).jpeg

077ABA19-2E3B-4344-99B8-6CC4962B46AD (resized).jpeg077ABA19-2E3B-4344-99B8-6CC4962B46AD (resized).jpeg

0E377F74-4B5B-4707-BC85-1A6FBCD752AA (resized).jpeg0E377F74-4B5B-4707-BC85-1A6FBCD752AA (resized).jpeg

#187 5 years ago

Where are those from, custom made?

#188 5 years ago
Quoted from Guzz4851:

Where are those from, custom made?

Tilt - did a nice job, all their album art, flames, and some pics of the band mixed in.

1 week later
#189 5 years ago

Hi All
Just bought a minty second hand ACDC pro. I've played many of these and never had an issue with SDTM drains out of the pops but the one I bought is a real SDTM drain monster. It doesn't happen on the bell just out of the pops. Anyone had any success with reducing this? I know increasing the slope is supposed to help?
Thanks

#190 5 years ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

Hi All
Just bought a minty second hand ACDC pro. I've played many of these and never had an issue with SDTM drains out of the pops but the one I bought is a real SDTM drain monster. It doesn't happen on the bell just out of the pops. Anyone had any success with reducing this? I know increasing the slope is supposed to help?
Thanks

Does it have the spring fitted that is supposed to help with SDTM drains ?

0A4AF8F6-538A-416F-9479-D97824F2E521.jpeg0A4AF8F6-538A-416F-9479-D97824F2E521.jpeg

#191 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Finally some blades that look great on this game!

I have those too, really suit the game! didnt really care for the others availible.

ac2.jpgac2.jpg

#192 5 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Does it have the spring fitted that is supposed to help with SDTM drains ?

I removed that spring and added a big cone shaped rubber on the post opposite the pops.

#193 5 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

I removed that spring and added a big cone shaped rubber on the post opposite the pops.

I have the spring, and it seems to do the job just fine.

#194 5 years ago

Mine had the spring but it was tucked in behind. I put it back the way it was meant to be and it made things worse. I took it off completely and game plays great. It seems like a half assed solution to a problem that didn't occur on all machines. If you have it and its draining get rid of it. If you don't maybe give it a try.

#195 5 years ago

Spring definitely made mine worse. Chas said to try bending it and such. I just took it off and it was a lot better. After moving the game we put the big rubber on and now it's great.

#196 5 years ago

Thanks for your replies. Yeah it's got the spring but it seems to do more harm then good. Where do I get the big rubber from?

#197 5 years ago

I didn't buy it, but pretty sure it's one of these (note you'd install it opposite of the pic).

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=65

2 months later
#198 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers limited edition available for AC/DC, 5 minutes to install:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01708-ac-dc-lighted-magnetic-hinge-cover-red-limited-edition

You can get these in any color, however our red is a beautiful deep red when on (photographs are difficult of these, and make it look orange!) , and is highly recommended for AC/DC!!

acdc hinge cover text (resized).jpgacdc hinge cover text (resized).jpglighted hinges display (resized).jpglighted hinges display (resized).jpg
#199 5 years ago

Just joined this club and man this game is super fast! Love it though! Now I need some mods. Which are the best mods out there for this game?

#200 5 years ago
Quoted from Bodacious:

Hi All
Thanks

I had this problem and put a large rubber on the post in that area and now no problems.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
There are 904 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made/page/4?hl=bodacious and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.