(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 369 posts
  • 102 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Pinless
  • Topic is favorited by 31 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 119 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_9498 (resized).JPG
IMG_9497 (resized).JPG
IMG_9494 (resized).JPG
IMG_9489 (resized).JPG
IMG_9492 (resized).JPG
IMG_9488 (resized).JPG
5AA1D9FD-1DF8-431D-91C7-22C64D3A3529 (resized).jpeg
C8CEC2ED-8BA4-486D-84B2-A0F39F5BCD22 (resized).jpeg
ED4B6AE4-4DDC-41EA-9506-FBC9CCF459A8 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20191027_210427 (resized).jpg
76706713_485583252167750_3209593016935251968_n (resized).jpg
75210326_677181632805320_6272692868431740928_n (resized).jpg
74331697_2610498872342406_8810125195760107520_n (resized).jpg
73409216_960376290999820_5816108600434622464_n (resized).jpg
73388424_1350908698408145_4794891327361777664_n (resized).jpg

There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
3 months later
#103 2 years ago

Is the Hemi bell mod still available anywhere? I just picked up a nice HUO Pro. Looks stock, other than the pinball pro sub and shaker.

Also, wanted to ask about the spring at the exit from the pops. Is that the stock and only solution to the center drain issue there? I seem to recall seeing games with a PotC style one way gate there. No?

Thanks

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Is the Hemi bell mod still available anywhere? I just picked up a nice HUO Pro. Looks stock, other than the pinball pro sub and shaker.
Also, wanted to ask about the spring at the exit from the pops. Is that the stock and only solution to the center drain issue there? I seem to recall seeing games with a PotC style one way gate there. No?
Thanks

They came with the spring when new and it really kills the flow so i removed mine and put some over sized rubbers on post to give it a different angel to avoid the SDM balls

#105 2 years ago

Does the attract mode jukebox work on 1.68? I turned on the radio setting but holding the buttons don't turn it on.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Does the attract mode jukebox work on 1.68? I turned on the radio setting but holding the buttons don't turn it on.

I have 1.68 and the jukebox works by holding down the right flipper button.

#107 2 years ago

Alright...I see dudes that I like up there. I'm moving my shit into this club.
Hi!

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I have 1.68 and the jukebox works by holding down the right flipper button.

Something more than just Attraction Radio?

#109 2 years ago

Thought I'd join the club with an original Pro! Love the speed of it way more than the premium!

IMG_0337 (resized).JPG

#110 2 years ago

I love my pro! It's been out of the house for a loooong time and will be back soon. I am seriously thinking about a vault edition pro to get the swinging bell, upgraded art and just general newness. Not considering the premium at all. I owned a premium and avoided the lower PF like the plague.

1 week later
#111 2 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

Something more than just Attraction Radio?

Turns out the game must also be on Free Play!

#112 2 years ago

Just got the new vault pro. Received shaker motor from pinball life. Doesn't seem to have correct molex connector in the machine to connect wire harnesses. Anyone else tried to install shaker to new AC/DC

IMG_2179 (resized).JPG

IMG_2178 (resized).JPG

#113 2 years ago
Quoted from Donz1126:

Anyone else tried to install shaker to new AC/DC

I just bought a new vault pro and my distributor tossed in a shaker kit for me to install. It was a ten minute installation and everything was there to plug in. You might have a shaker for a 'Spike' game and need the board that mounts above the shaker.

#114 2 years ago

If anybody's interested, I just listed my AC/DC Pro for sale.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-acdc-pro-tons-of-mods-1#post-3845199

#115 2 years ago

I talk to stern and I talked to Pinball life sounds like I bought the right shaker motor ,board and harness kit. Just can't find the molex connections inside machine. Here's some picks

IMG_2173 (resized).JPG

IMG_2174 (resized).JPG

IMG_2175 (resized).JPG

IMG_2182 (resized).PNG

#116 2 years ago

Mine was tucked behind the harness near the corner. Go online and view videos on shaker motor installation on Stern SAM machines, step by step install will help. And I would recommend using blue locktight on bolts that hold the motor down.

#117 2 years ago

Your right they were hidden well. Thanks for the help

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from Donz1126:

Just got the new vault pro.

I'm bummed mine isn't in yet! I do want to punch my real entrance into this club!

Waiting... waiting... waiting.

#119 2 years ago

Does anybody know where to buy the train mod

#120 2 years ago

I have an original AC/DC Pro i’m going to have to let go. PM if there is interest.

1 week later
#121 2 years ago

Archived after 27 days
Not sold: Decided to keep game
Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition “Was installed in a game. Taken out and stored wrapped in plastic and in cardboard box flat. Just looking to sell outright.”
2017-07-09
Buffalo, NY

If anyone in the club wants Helen I have one for sale. PM me if interested.

1 week later
#122 2 years ago

Finally in! Brand new Pro Vault Edition. So far it's just kicking my butt.

IMG_3889 (resized).JPG

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Finally in! Brand new Pro Vault Edition. So far it's just kicking my butt.

I'm just going to follow you between threads, Dave. Haha. Best unboxing in a long time!

#124 2 years ago

Anyone ever have to do anything with their right orbit control gate? The lugs of the coil snapped off completely on my Pro and so it needs to be replaced. The manual quotes the coil as being part number 515-6595-01, but I can't find a single site with it.

#125 2 years ago

Cannon Issue: I'm having a problem with the cannon not always firing. Switch #62 seems fine. It tests well, but in the game Steve sometimes tells me to get ready to fire the cannon, it loads, swings out I hit the button and the sound effect plays, but the ball just sits in the cannon. The. All sensing switch is also fine, as in test I can drop a ball in there, and it swings and fires (after #62) every time. Any thoughts?

(Oh, and it is a vault, but I believe the mech is exactly the same)

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Cannon Issue: I'm having a problem with the cannon not always firing. Switch #62 seems fine. It tests well, but in the game Steve sometimes tells me to get ready to fire the cannon, it loads, swings out I hit the button and the sound effect plays, but the ball just sits in the cannon. The. All sensing switch is also fine, as in test I can drop a ball in there, and it swings and fires (after #62) every time. Any thoughts?
(Oh, and it is a vault, but I believe the mech is exactly the same)

I think I had this same problem last year. There is a microswitch somewhere in the cannon. The screws binding it to the mechanism were too tight. The screws were intermittently causing the switch not to activate... maybe the ball switch.

Anyway, I loosened the screws and that fixed it.

#127 2 years ago

This cannon issue was driving me bonkers for a while. It ended up being the light under the E insert in the right outlane. That light was shining into the opto, so during gameplay, if that outlane was lit, the cannon would not fire.

Just a crazy problem. It is a Vault edition. If your cannon doesn't fire sometimes during play, check if you have the same issue.

Fast check is light the outlane, load the cannon, try to fire. If it fails flip the flipper quickly to unlight and fire again. If it fires, same issue.

#128 2 years ago

STAND UP AND BE COUNTED is the best name for an ACDC Club. Danke.
I need to get my Mike D screen goin. And Sinbad. And the clover, and the deer spray, back to school shoppin, et cetera, et cetera.
My left eye on the lower pf not registering hits. Needs a shop...I know.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

My left eye on the lower pf not registering hits.

Super common issue on the Premium, unfortunately.

1 month later
#130 2 years ago

After 2.5 years of ownership, I finally made it to wizard mode on my AC/DC Pro! Been focusing on Encore for the last couple of weeks and have been ignoring my other machines. Dedication paid off, I could sense that I was getting more familiar with the machine and closer to Encore each day.

3 ball, factory settings (except for cannon unlit at start of ball 1), outlane posts at medium, average tilt. Had 2 EB's (targets and combos). Got Encore on ball 2.2

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from Maken:

After 2.5 years of ownership, I finally made it to wizard mode on my AC/DC Pro! Been focusing on Encore for the last couple of weeks and have been ignoring my other machines. Dedication paid off, I could sense that I was getting more familiar with the machine and closer to Encore each day.
3 ball, factory settings (except for cannon unlit at start of ball 1), outlane posts at medium, average tilt. Had 2 EB's (targets and combos). Got Encore on ball 2.2

Nice! Ive done encore twice (once on gimped settings) and have to believe it's one of, if not the best, encore mode around.

#132 2 years ago

Congrats! I've been to it twice now and it's a pain in the ass to get to. Not really a fun journey in my opinion, but it is a great wizard mode. Hoping to get back again sometime soon, but my Jukebox saucer rejects like crazy making it all the more frustrating.

2 weeks later
#133 2 years ago

Yes, this IS happening.

IMG20171001153158 (resized).jpg

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes. This is happening.

Definitely following this!

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Yes, this IS happening.

Just give me a little bit of time. Like, a couple of weeks. It's all designed and tested (on coils that aren't a drop bank), and will be controlled by Total Lightshow. I will have cables and connector PCBs ready to go in a kit. I just have to wait for my boards to come in from China, and they are on national holiday until next Monday. I should have some video of the prototype unit working by early next week, after I take delivery of a proper target bank.

#138 2 years ago

Can anyone send me a scan of the stern rules card from the apron.
I'm not keen on the custom ones online and I'd like an original in there. It never had one when i got the game.
Big thanks in advance

1 week later
#140 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Working..
» YouTube video

82CF465C-DBF4-445D-BBFA-C3F6C1D4387C (resized).png

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Working..
» YouTube video

Oh my.

#142 2 years ago

That is some seriously awesome stuff.

#143 2 years ago

I made a backbox and undercabinet lightboard with these instructions https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-make-flashers-or-under-cabinet-lighting-for-15-for-modern-sterns. In the dark it really flashes nicely. Video is done in daylight.

#144 2 years ago

I have a Helen translite, if anyone is interested just PM me.

1 week later
#145 2 years ago

The incandescents were starting to look very sad, so it was time for LEDs. I wanted to use a bit of color here and there, but ended up going mostly white with some reds in a few places. It looks *so* much better. (Right ramp looks fine in person...not so blown out).

IMG_1693 (resized).jpg

IMG_1682 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#146 1 year ago

Any of you guys clearcoated their playfields?

#147 1 year ago
Quoted from Donz1126:

I talk to stern and I talked to Pinball life sounds like I bought the right shaker motor ,board and harness kit. Just can't find the molex connections inside machine. Here's some picks

To be clear, the kit from pinball life is ALL you need to add the shaker motor to an AC/DC Pro? Nothing else, plug and play?

#148 1 year ago
Quoted from Plumonium:

Any of you guys clearcoated their playfields?

No, but this makes me want to ask: anyone else have issues with the decals/inserts lifting slightly around the flippers? A slowly moving ball occasionally moonwalks across the flipper gap along the seams of the multiball and cannon inserts.

#149 1 year ago

Have had mine since the first run and starting to pimp it out a bit. Get the Powerbladz for your AC/DC they are awesome!! Color DMD is on order as well. Just need a GNR and AS to complete the music pin theme If someone has a good condition GNR for sale let me know.

IMG_20171120_204612 (resized).jpg

IMG_20171120_204711 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Sale Pending!
Oklahoma City, OK
There are 369 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside