(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 732 posts
  • 125 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 36 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

14AB6C63-469B-48F0-BF37-297AB2858ABC (resized).jpeg
46350F6B-4C1F-4897-807B-BCC4359DB904 (resized).jpeg
A15C70FB-3CD8-4F49-BAD2-FA8E73583A5D (resized).png
20F8174F-2003-4B50-AE46-56FD312A45C8 (resized).png
440AEC55-4657-4A50-A55C-2297A4BC4A82 (resized).png
65C492FD-3A7B-4AED-AF8D-02AB1D4587A0 (resized).png
BC558DD0-DBC9-4A57-992E-009F2F7A055A (resized).png
E71DBBEB-719B-4962-8840-9CA1ED0D38E9 (resized).png
20210610_201236 (resized).jpg
20210610_155321 (resized).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2021-06-17 at 4.51.40 PM (resized).jpeg
20210611_215707 (resized).jpg
20210605_161001 (resized).jpg
20210603_143629 (resized).jpg
20210605_165406 (resized).jpg
A429F73A-8F15-4DE2-A8B1-6B71E31937B8 (resized).jpeg

There are 732 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 24 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Think a guy on Ebay sells it.
ebay.com link: itm

Yep got it on Ebay

1 week later
#652 14 days ago

hey all just joined the club recently and one of my lightning bolts is broken and nowhere to be found. Anyone have one original lightning bolt they could sell? I know a lot of people like to do the LED lightning bolts so I imagine there are some originals laying around and some coin boxes here or there LOL

#653 14 days ago

Were ramp protectors ever made for this game? I have a little chunk missing from the very front wall and the ball is getting stuck there on occasion.

#654 13 days ago

You can buy a set from Marco. $50 for all 4 pieces.

#655 12 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

hey all just joined the club recently and one of my lightning bolts is broken and nowhere to be found. Anyone have one original lightning bolt they could sell? I know a lot of people like to do the LED lightning bolts so I imagine there are some originals laying around and some coin boxes here or there LOL

I may have an extra, let me check. I plan to upgrade to the LED ones at some point. No charge, just postage.

#656 12 days ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I may have an extra, let me check. I plan to upgrade to the LED ones at some point. No charge, just postage.

Thanks man! Very much appreciated. I had multiple pinsiders reach out to me and I just got a tracking number from zpinman (SHOUT OUT!!!)... So I am good to go but thanks again for the offer and thanks to all the other awesome fellow pinsiders who reached out!!!!!!

#657 11 days ago

Here is this beat up AC/DC I am fixing up if you want to have a look...

20210603_143629 (resized).jpg
#658 11 days ago

Is there supposed to be a light behind this lightning bolt like the other two?

20210608_212113 (resized).jpg
#659 11 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Is there supposed to be a light behind this lightning bolt like the other two?[quoted image]

Yes

#660 10 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Here is this beat up AC/DC I am fixing up if you want to have a look...

[quoted image]

Great video

#661 10 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Is there supposed to be a light behind this lightning bolt like the other two?[quoted image]

What is the play count on this?

#662 10 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

What is the play count on this?

My pro was bought with 42,000 balls played, so almost 15,000 plays. It likely did not get balls changed as often as they should, similar to this machine. I have a little wear in the pop area that I covered with mylar, but that wear by the left targets is really interesting.

Looking forward to seeing how that gets coated. If the process can’t be shown, please describe it in the video as I’m really curious how you tackle that.

#663 10 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

My pro was bought with 42,000 balls played, so almost 15,000 plays. It likely did not get balls changed as often as they should, similar to this machine. I have a little wear in the pop area that I covered with mylar, but that wear by the left targets is really interesting.
Looking forward to seeing how that gets coated. If the process can’t be shown, please describe it in the video as I’m really curious how you tackle that.

Looks like he just made a new video, but don't see that part in it. Any pictures of your table?

#664 10 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Looks like he just made a new video, but don't see that part in it. Any pictures of your table?

This is after I cleaned it but before adding a big piece of mylar that I trimmed to fit really close to the pop bumper skirts.

A429F73A-8F15-4DE2-A8B1-6B71E31937B8 (resized).jpeg
#665 10 days ago

Why do all these ac/dc's with under 20,000 plays have this much wear? I have seen a 2007 Spiderman with 100,000 documented plays from Disney with less wear. Stern must have built games better back then.

#666 10 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Why do all these ac/dc's with under 20,000 plays have this much wear? I have seen a 2007 Spiderman with 100,000 documented plays from Disney with less wear. Stern must have built games better back then.

I’m not too surprised with wear in the pops on these games. The pops area is very high traffic and that spot probably ages a lot faster than the rest of the game. I’m not thrilled with the wear, but I am trying to protect that area on mine to prevent more to that spot.

#667 10 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I’m not too surprised with wear in the pops on these games. The pops area is very high traffic and that spot probably ages a lot faster than the rest of the game. I’m not thrilled with the wear, but I am trying to protect that area on mine to prevent more to that spot.

I have noticed a lot more wear on modern Stern games compared with the older ones. There is a local arcade with a Deadpool that has 5,000 plays on it. The playfield is absolutely trashed.

#668 10 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

The playfield is absolutely trashed.

I’m curious how trashed. Like ripped up, or just dimples?

#669 10 days ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’m curious how trashed. Like ripped up, or just dimples?

I did not notice any rips. There was a massive amount of dimples everywhere and the clear coat looked as if most of it was gone. The 2007 Spiderman was next to it and was in better overall condition.

#670 10 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

This is after I cleaned it but before adding a big piece of mylar that I trimmed to fit really close to the pop bumper skirts.
[quoted image]

Are you able to take a photo of the center/lower area of the playfield? I am interested in seeing how it held up.

#671 10 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I have noticed a lot more wear on modern Stern games compared with the older ones. There is a local arcade with a Deadpool that has 5,000 plays on it. The playfield is absolutely trashed.

Where is this? I know of two DP on location here and neither has a Spider Man.

What you will see on Sterns from the last few years is that they are putting clear on thicker than from the early 2000’s. George Gomez has said this. Reason being is because it looks pretty. It’s also more thickness of clear that will form a more defined dimple. If you look at the Walking Dead at Golf N Stuff it is filthy and dimpled but nothing close to what my GB or Maiden look like. You can see the grain of the wood on TWD (just like I can see on my ACDC) because the clear is thinner. Can it wear through? Sure, in high traffic areas with mangled balls and never getting cleaned/waxed. But the clear is durable in that it doesn’t chip.

To me, the fix for Stern is obvious, go back to a thinner clear. But, it doesn’t present as well as a thick clear. If it’s a more durable product (with far fewer customer issues) then what is there to consider?

Quoted from newpinbin:

Are you able to take a photo of the center/lower area of the playfield? I am interested in seeing how it held up.

Mine is on location but the lower area is dimpled but fine.

#672 10 days ago

Thanks man! 18000 plays when I got it!

This link should take you to the spot in the video regarding the touch ups.

But here are a couple pics of the results as well...

Not perfect but better!

20210603_143629 (resized).jpg20210605_161001 (resized).jpg20210605_165406 (resized).jpg
#673 9 days ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Where is this? I know of two DP on location here and neither has a Spider Man.
What you will see on Sterns from the last few years is that they are putting clear on thicker than from the early 2000’s. George Gomez has said this. Reason being is because it looks pretty. It’s also more thickness of clear that will form a more defined dimple. If you look at the Walking Dead at Golf N Stuff it is filthy and dimpled but nothing close to what my GB or Maiden look like. You can see the grain of the wood on TWD (just like I can see on my ACDC) because the clear is thinner. Can it wear through? Sure, in high traffic areas with mangled balls and never getting cleaned/waxed. But the clear is durable in that it doesn’t chip.
To me, the fix for Stern is obvious, go back to a thinner clear. But, it doesn’t present as well as a thick clear. If it’s a more durable product (with far fewer customer issues) then what is there to consider?

Mine is on location but the lower area is dimpled but fine.

It is an arcade that is out of state. I can PM you the name of it. They also have a Guardians which is in the same condition as the DP.

#674 9 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Thanks man! 18000 plays when I got it!
This link should take you to the spot in the video regarding the touch ups.

But here are a couple pics of the results as well...
Not perfect but better![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If I did not know where to look, I don't think I would even notice it had been touched up. Keep us updated on your progress.

#675 9 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

If I did not know where to look, I don't think I would even notice it had been touched up. Keep us updated on your progress.

Thanks man!!! Waiting on some ramp protectors then I will be able to put the rest of the playfield back together!

#676 8 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Thanks man!!! Waiting on some ramp protectors then I will be able to put the rest of the playfield back together!

I just watched the new video. The machine turned out fantastic!!! Thanks for taking the time to make a series of videos showing how you were able to achieve your results. I hope you make one of just gameplay now.

#677 8 days ago

AC/DC is pretty much finished up!! Got some games on it last night and so far so good!! Love the bell ringer mod!

#678 8 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

AC/DC is pretty much finished up!! Got some games on it last night and so far so good!! Love the bell ringer mod!

Did you need to rebuild the flippers?

#679 8 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Did you need to rebuild the flippers?

just did tonight...video coming

#680 8 days ago

finally now playing acdc (just shopped it up) with cannon disabled while i wait for my opto board...how in the hells bells do i collect the cannon jackpot?

#681 8 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

just did tonight...video coming

Awesome!

#682 7 days ago

Here it is. They turned out great! Game is fast and deadly.

#683 7 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Here it is. They turned out great! Game is fast and deadly.

I like the sneak peak at the end of the video for what is to come next.

#684 7 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I like the sneak peak at the end of the video for what is to come next.

Haha a little sneak peek of gameplay Need my opto board!!!! cant get any song jackpots Managed to get over 200mill last night with no song jackpots last night though so I was proud of me

#685 7 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Haha a little sneak peek of gameplay Need my opto board!!!! cant get any song jackpots Managed to get over 200mill last night with no song jackpots last night though so I was proud of me

How did the board go bad?

#686 7 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How did the board go bad?

Seems to be a common issue from what I read on pinside. I changed the U shaped opto on the board last night with a Williams one but didn't work. Was hopeful but was not expecting much! Hopefully the new board will arrive this week.

20210611_215707 (resized).jpg
#687 5 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Seems to be a common issue from what I read on pinside. I changed the U shaped opto on the board last night with a Williams one but didn't work. Was hopeful but was not expecting much! Hopefully the new board will arrive this week.[quoted image]

Did you receive the board yet?

#688 4 days ago

My AC/DC has gone.
A friend of me wants this pin so much.
I said, OK, let us make a swap, give me a Mando and you will get my AC/DC.
Mando is not buyable in EU, so it was more a joke.
He said, OK i give you a Mando for your AC/DC. But i give you money and you must transform the money in September, when Mando is available.

Hmmmm.....

OK. Deal.

So, maybe i come back. But i could not resist to make this Deal. A NIB Mando oh boy.

#689 4 days ago

Has anyone made it to encore? Any tips on how to achieve it?

#690 4 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Has anyone made it to encore? Any tips on how to achieve it?

I just always have a tournament going with more than 3 balls. If I feel like going for encore I play a tournament game. I keep a regular game set to the default settings. How bad pins are at progression and difficulty drives me a little nuts but what can you do.

#691 4 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Did you receive the board yet?

not yet going away for 2 days. hopefully its there when i get back!

#692 4 days ago

So I noticed during gameplay my Tunes n Stuff light will turn on but there will be no call out at the time saying to change your song. When the ball enters the Tunes N Stuff scoop it will immediately eject the ball without letting me change a song and the light will turn off. Does anyone have this issue or know what is going on?

#693 4 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

So I noticed during gameplay my Tunes n Stuff light will turn on but there will be no call out at the time saying to change your song. When the ball enters the Tunes N Stuff scoop it will immediately eject the ball without letting me change a song and the light will turn off. Does anyone have this issue or know what is going on?

Is it at least giving you "stuff"? random awards? will show on the dmd.

#694 3 days ago

No, it just kicks the ball out and then the red light will turn off.

#695 3 days ago

Also, there is never an issue when the callout "jukebox is ready" is announced. The issue is only when the callout is not announced and the red insert light is on for "tunes n stuff."

#696 3 days ago
Quoted from atariaction:

Is it at least giving you "stuff"? random awards? will show on the dmd.

Ok I just played it again and noticed that it will give me a "hold bonus" but then eject the ball without letting me change the song. On another occasion it game me "points" and immediately kicked out the ball without letting me change the song.

#697 3 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Ok I just played it again and noticed that it will give me a "hold bonus" but then eject the ball without letting me change the song. On another occasion it game me "points" and immediately kicked out the ball without letting me change the song.

That’s correct. You’re getting stuff, not tunes.

Just make sure not to get Oi Mania or you’ll be sorely disappointed. (Oh Lyyyyyyymaaaaaaan….lyyyyyyyymaaaaaaaaaaan, hello? Bueller? Anyone?!)

#698 3 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

That’s correct. You’re getting stuff, not tunes.

Why am I not able to change the song?

#699 3 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Why am I not able to change the song?

Because you didn’t complete the song tasks. You just completed the 3 horns locations to activate stuff.

#700 3 days ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Because you didn’t complete the song tasks. You just completed the 3 horns locations to activate stuff.

In the rules I thought it said when Tunes n stuff is light you can then change a song?

There are 732 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside