(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg
There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.
#551 3 years ago

Anyone else’s super skill shot a little erratic? Mine seems to pound the right orbit wall and it causes an unpredictable return down the right side. It typically hits the sling and I never get a chance for a shot in time. Wondering if this is common and if there is a fix.

#552 3 years ago

Are there any tips/tricks to reduce the number of rejects to the jukebox? It's happening often enough to be noticed and doesn't matter if it's the orbit, the manual plunger, or the autoplunger. The screws for the coil bracket under the playfield were all tight, and the deflector up top seems tight when I wiggle it, but haven't taken off the plastic yet to confirm.

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Anyone else’s super skill shot a little erratic? Mine seems to pound the right orbit wall and it causes an unpredictable return down the right side. It typically hits the sling and I never get a chance for a shot in time. Wondering if this is common and if there is a fix.

First check to be 100% sure the game is level. Then, a well timed slap on the right side of the machine while it is coming down to push the ball away from the wall.

Quoted from desertT1:

Are there any tips/tricks to reduce the number of rejects to the jukebox? It's happening often enough to be noticed and doesn't matter if it's the orbit, the manual plunger, or the autoplunger. The screws for the coil bracket under the playfield were all tight, and the deflector up top seems tight when I wiggle it, but haven't taken off the plastic yet to confirm.

In pretty much every case of this stuff, either it is leveling, or the geometry of the shot is off a bit. Possibly something just deflecting the ball. I've found the best way to diagnose these is to use a slow motion camera. Most current phones have a way to shoot video in slow motion. Have a mount or a friend that lives in your household hold the camera. This is much easier with the glass off. Then plunge the ball while recording the whole upper right area. Keep doing it, and keep reviewing the video. Because AC/DC is one continuous lane guide around that corner, you are looking for strange things. For example, the switch that hangs down there, is a wire caught on it? Is it stiff to move? Of the ball gate right above the E in AXE, is that functioning correctly? In solenoid test, is it going up correctly? Or is it sticking. The slow motion footage will show you what is knocking it off track.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

In pretty much every case of this stuff, either it is leveling, or the geometry of the shot is off a bit. Possibly something just deflecting the ball. I've found the best way to diagnose these is to use a slow motion camera. Most current phones have a way to shoot video in slow motion. Have a mount or a friend that lives in your household hold the camera. This is much easier with the glass off. Then plunge the ball while recording the whole upper right area. Keep doing it, and keep reviewing the video. Because AC/DC is one continuous lane guide around that corner, you are looking for strange things. For example, the switch that hangs down there, is a wire caught on it? Is it stiff to move? Of the ball gate right above the E in AXE, is that functioning correctly? In solenoid test, is it going up correctly? Or is it sticking. The slow motion footage will show you what is knocking it off track.

Good idea. I'll give it a go and see what shows up.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

First check to be 100% sure the game is level. Then, a well timed slap on the right side of the machine while it is coming down to push the ball away from the wall.

Thanks. It’s actually the opposite for me. It hits the back right corner so hard coming out of the VUK that it bounces around on the way down the right orbit. And goes all over the place instead of riding the right guide down. Machine is completely level. Checked it with a digital meter. It’s like the VUK has too much power.

#556 3 years ago

Hey all !! Have a problem when the ball goes into the jukebox kick out from the shooter lane, it kicks the ball out into the upper lanes, but continuously bounces back into the kick out over and over maybe 4-5 times before it finally rolls into one of the lanes and down to the pop bumpers. Wondering what this might be. Thanks everyone and Happy New Year !

#557 3 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Hey all !! Have a problem when the ball goes into the jukebox kick out from the shooter lane, it kicks the ball out into the upper lanes, but continuously bounces back into the kick out over and over maybe 4-5 times before it finally rolls into one of the lanes and down to the pop bumpers. Wondering what this might be. Thanks everyone and Happy New Year !

Somewhat normal, I think. Seems like most of us on here by now have that upper juke kick guide out of center by 1-5%, and it’s enough to mess with the super skill eject or the new song selection eject etc. Mine commonly bounces back in 2-3 times on occasion.

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

Somewhat normal, I think. Seems like most of us on here by now have that upper juke kick guide out of center by 1-5%, and it’s enough to mess with the super skill eject or the new song selection eject etc. Mine commonly bounces back in 2-3 times on occasion.

Are people adjusting the guide? That would maybe help my issue as well. If I can aim the VUK towards the back ball guide, I think it will hug the edge around the orbit instead of pounding the corner and rattling down.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Are people adjusting the guide? That would maybe help my issue as well. If I can aim the VUK towards the back ball guide, I think it will hug the edge around the orbit instead of pounding the corner and rattling down.

Yeah when I installed my Cliffy it was awful and would smack the right post 100% of the time instead of flowing around for the super skill shot, so I took it all apart again and nudged it a bit, then tightened the two screws down again. It’s a massive pain in the butt to get to them.

#560 3 years ago

My kingdom for a ball save after a SUCCESSFUL cannon shot on my PRO. My only complaint

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

My kingdom for a ball save after a SUCCESSFUL cannon shot on my PRO. My only complaint

I agree!!!

The one thing I will say though is that I’ve had better luck with the shot since switching to the up stroke of the cannon. So I wait until it cycles all the way to the bottom and it’s going back up to fire. But I still agree, a successful shot that drains with no protection is dumb. Sometimes I won’t even shoot it depending on the value of the shot.

#562 3 years ago

Anybody want to sell their ACDC pro within 4-5 hours of St. Louis? PM if interested. Thanks rob

#563 3 years ago

Does anyone have the numbers on how many of the pros were made?

#564 3 years ago

Played an AC/DC at the local arcade today, never like music pins but really enjoyed it. Managed 49mil for a free game, and #3 score, which was sweet.

The games for sale for I think $4400... obviously routed since it's in an arcade but it's in good shape compared to most the others in the arcade.

It's the 2017 rerelease version I believe, no lower playfield or huge face in the middle of the PF, has the bell and cannon, pretty sure that's which it was after looking at pics afterwards.

I don't see many reviews or listings for the newer release version, how is that price and how is that machine vs. the Pro or Premium models that preceded it?

Edit: forgot I took a pic!

20210103_132202 (resized).jpg20210103_132202 (resized).jpg

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

Played an AC/DC at the local arcade today, never like music pins but really enjoyed it. Managed 49mil for a free game, and #3 score, which was sweet.
The games for sale for I think $4400... obviously routed since it's in an arcade but it's in good shape compared to most the others in the arcade.
It's the 2017 rerelease version I believe, no lower playfield or huge face in the middle of the PF, has the bell and cannon, pretty sure that's which it was after looking at pics afterwards.
I don't see many reviews or listings for the newer release version, how is that price and how is that machine vs. the Pro or Premium models that preceded it?
[quoted image]

That is a 2017 Vault. It’s the best version IMO but I’m biased. The lower playfield on the Prem/LE isn’t interesting to me at all and feels gimmicky, and I’m also in the camp that hates the huge face in the playfield. Plus the Vault has the swinging bell which is a plus. As for the price, depending on condition, that could be a good deal. Pinside has it slightly above $5k so take that for what it’s worth. It’s a super fun game and you wouldn’t be disappointed.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

[quoted image]

This is the one to get. No face. No lower field boringness, already all LED, and swinging bell.

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

That looks reasonable to me for a routed game. It doesn’t look to be in bad shape at all (judging from a single low res photo). If it played well, it’s worth it.

#568 3 years ago

Has anyone else removed the bell swing guide from their Vault? Any cons?

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from BrettRS:

[quoted image]

From the pic it looks clean. Good price as well.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Has anyone else removed the bell swing guide from their Vault? Any cons?

why would you want to remove it? Guessing it’s there to ensure a straight hit on the switch behind it, and maybe also to prevent horizontal movement stress on the joint at the bell.

In case your answer is so it swings easier and doesn’t touch up against the guide...mine was manufacture or poorly from the factory. Nothing I could fix from adjusting anything. The holes were drilled in poor locations that tilted my whole mechanism so that the shaft from the bell scraped up against the guide badly. This caused the bell shaft to get maybe one swing and really have to hit it hard to even have it register the switch. The only adjustment fix would have been to drill new holes, but they would have intersected the existing holes and made some giant awful holes that wouldn’t be good to use at all.

So, what I ended up doing was taking the mechanism off and marking where the shaft was hitting the guide, then taking the shaft off and using a file on it to thin the metal away at that point. Lots of retesting and remarking and refiling. Eventually got it to where the shaft clears the guide now and it swings freely. Way easier to hit the bell switch now and the whole thing looks nicer with it swinging a lot more. Visually, you’d never notice that ~0.05” of metal was removed on that part of the shaft.

1 week later
#571 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

why would you want to remove it? Guessing it’s there to ensure a straight hit on the switch behind it, and maybe also to prevent horizontal movement stress on the joint at the bell.
In case your answer is so it swings easier and doesn’t touch up against the guide...mine was manufacture or poorly from the factory. Nothing I could fix from adjusting anything. The holes were drilled in poor locations that tilted my whole mechanism so that the shaft from the bell scraped up against the guide badly. This caused the bell shaft to get maybe one swing and really have to hit it hard to even have it register the switch. The only adjustment fix would have been to drill new holes, but they would have intersected the existing holes and made some giant awful holes that wouldn’t be good to use at all.
So, what I ended up doing was taking the mechanism off and marking where the shaft was hitting the guide, then taking the shaft off and using a file on it to thin the metal away at that point. Lots of retesting and remarking and refiling. Eventually got it to where the shaft clears the guide now and it swings freely. Way easier to hit the bell switch now and the whole thing looks nicer with it swinging a lot more. Visually, you’d never notice that ~0.05” of metal was removed on that part of the shaft.

He said “shaft”

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

That is a 2017 Vault. It’s the best version IMO but I’m biased. The lower playfield on the Prem/LE isn’t interesting to me at all and feels gimmicky, and I’m also in the camp that hates the huge face in the playfield. Plus the Vault has the swinging bell which is a plus. As for the price, depending on condition, that could be a good deal. Pinside has it slightly above $5k so take that for what it’s worth. It’s a super fun game and you wouldn’t be disappointed.

If ur goin pro, vault is where it’s at - could not do fathead Angus

#573 3 years ago

I'm messing around with making a 3D printed cannon for AC/DC. Let me know what you think.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ac-dc-printed-cannon-#post-6080803

#574 3 years ago

Was wanting some plastic protectors but didn’t really like the options that are currently out there and thought up this idea.

Man, I am pumped at how this turned out. Couldn’t even get past the quick mock-up to share on here. Hope y’all like them!

69D335BD-5B78-4203-946E-EC91927EE1A7 (resized).jpeg69D335BD-5B78-4203-946E-EC91927EE1A7 (resized).jpeg6D4EB3D1-EADB-49AD-BF53-1024286B9797 (resized).jpeg6D4EB3D1-EADB-49AD-BF53-1024286B9797 (resized).jpeg854C2985-0664-4BBE-8F43-859C53B3D6C9 (resized).jpeg854C2985-0664-4BBE-8F43-859C53B3D6C9 (resized).jpegEFDE8D82-5AA6-4F66-9C9D-066092C1DF53 (resized).jpegEFDE8D82-5AA6-4F66-9C9D-066092C1DF53 (resized).jpeg
#575 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Was wanting some plastic protectors but didn’t really like the options that are currently out there and thought up this idea.
Man, I am pumped at how this turned out. Couldn’t even get past the quick mock-up to share on here. Hope y’all like them!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are those laser cut? The horns are subtle enough that I didn’t even notice them on the game for a second.

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Are those laser cut? The horns are subtle enough that I didn’t even notice them on the game for a second.

They are. And appreciate the comments. I didn’t want them to be too overt and these feel like they do the right amount of blending in but still stand out.

#577 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

They are. And appreciate the comments. I didn’t want them to be too overt and these feel like they do the right amount of blending in but still stand out.

Post it up when you list them for sale.

#578 3 years ago

Ok guys ,,,, Just upgraded and installed the Pinwoofer GT Amplifier Kit in my AC/DC , and I have to say it’s the best thing I’ve ever done for my machine ! The exceptional sound is unbelievable, crystal clear sound , not the muddled audio with the Factoryset up . If you own a music Pin or any other Pin for that matter, this is the set up you want. Brings out the clarity you want,,, very easy to install, and Dan is always there when you have any questions , very nice guy ! So don’t hesitate, it’s well worth it !!

#579 3 years ago

I added this AC/DC Album cover tin sign to my pro today, very happy with how it looks.

A6A310F7-5FA8-4C41-9773-C88828C5E438 (resized).jpegA6A310F7-5FA8-4C41-9773-C88828C5E438 (resized).jpeg
#580 3 years ago

Hi Everyone, I am in need of a Carbon Threaded Ball that attaches to the end of the Clapper rod on the Bell. If anyone has an extra by chance, or one they could part with let me know, can't find these anywhere !! I'll pay !!

IMG_1332 (resized).PNGIMG_1332 (resized).PNGIMG_1333 (resized).PNGIMG_1333 (resized).PNG
#581 3 years ago

Looking to add a pro vault if anyone near Madison, wi is looking to sell. Please dm me! Thanks

#582 3 years ago

Ad posted. Feel free to send a PM if you're interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/109491

Thanks all!

IMG_1027 (resized).JPEGIMG_1027 (resized).JPEG
#583 3 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Hi Everyone, I am in need of a Carbon Threaded Ball that attaches to the end of the Clapper rod on the Bell. If anyone has an extra by chance, or one they could part with let me know, can't find these anywhere !! I'll pay !!
[quoted image][quoted image]

You could try here and see if they'll ship to the US

https://www.stern-spareparts.de/en/ball-carbon-threaded-260-5013-00_32283_3839

#584 3 years ago

Thanks for the info ,,, I ended up going through a Stern Distributor and they had it in stock , being shipped now ,,, thanks again

#585 3 years ago

Anyone tried these flame mirror blades in their AC/DC Pro? More meant for Kiss but think they would go well with AC/DC. Thanks.

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/kiss-flaming-mirrorblades

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#586 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Anyone tried these flame mirror blades in their AC/DC Pro? More meant for Kiss but think they would go well with AC/DC.

The stars don't really go with AC/DC....

#587 3 years ago

I have these flame style ones in mine and I’m happy with them.

647CDDBC-B22D-492D-BEA3-D75A87CC8E5E (resized).jpeg647CDDBC-B22D-492D-BEA3-D75A87CC8E5E (resized).jpeg
#588 3 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

The stars don't really go with AC/DC....

Yah, I asked Tilt Graphics if they could remove the stars.

#589 3 years ago

Anyone ever make a cover for the hole behind the band on the pro?

That’s begging for something in my opinion.

1 week later
#590 3 years ago

I got sick of the chrome T-moulding on the head so decided to mix things up. Do you guys think I should leave the bottom of the head black?
CFA161EF-1967-4ADB-8FE0-789355B5D449 (resized).jpegCFA161EF-1967-4ADB-8FE0-789355B5D449 (resized).jpeg

B94706EE-71A4-4367-AA1E-DD9B74A1DE48 (resized).jpegB94706EE-71A4-4367-AA1E-DD9B74A1DE48 (resized).jpeg
#591 3 years ago

I like it the way it is with top and two sides done... When I pulled my chrome, I went with Black all the way around

thumbnail_IMG_1628 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_1628 (resized).jpg
#592 3 years ago

One of my other pins came with the red legs, they looked terrible on it, so put them on AC/DC. If it had black legs I would have went black all the way around.

#593 3 years ago

Why is it that it’s very rare to see any Original Pros for sale ? Were most of them routed ? In collections ? ,,, I see tons of Premiums for sale ,,, as for me I’ll never sell mine , it’s a super fast player as you all know ,and one of the funnest machines I’ve ever owned, not to mention the music , maybe quite a few others are thinking the same way

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Why is it that it’s very rare to see any Original Pros for sale ? Were most of them routed ? In collections ? ,,, I see tons of Premiums for sale ,,, as for me I’ll never sell mine , it’s a super fast player as you all know ,and one of the funnest machines I’ve ever owned, not to mention the music , maybe quite a few others are thinking the same way

I think there were a LOT more premiums made and sold. The Pro has always seemed to be the forgotten child on this game. After the Vault, there were a few resold. That happens with every game. People buy them, and it’s not a great fit, so it moves again. Then it gets to the right person and stays.

I like my Vault Pro, but I could see me selling it a few more years down the road. Just to make space for something else. Just because there are already a couple of newer Stern games I want to get, but have nowhere to put them.

#595 3 years ago

Darscot - curious where you purchased the "face cover sticker" you have on your pro? That does look better than the sneering Angus face, no doubt about it.

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from EightBitWhit:

darscot - curious where you purchased the "face cover sticker" you have on your pro? That does look better than the sneering Angus face, no doubt about it.

I found the guy on pinside, probably in this thread. It’s been a while sorry don’t remember exactly.

#597 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I got sick of the chrome T-moulding on the head so decided to mix things up. Do you guys think I should leave the bottom of the head black?
[quoted image][quoted image]

You should powder coat the side rails and lockdown bar since everything else is red.

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

You should powder coat the side rails and lockdown bar since everything else is red.

I’ve considered it.

1 week later
#599 3 years ago

Hi all !! Wanted to share a few pics of my Pro after adding a Swinging Bell. Painted the Bell Metallic Bronze , pretty happy with it ,,, shout out to EightBitWhit for helping me out on this !!

9F80731B-D92E-460A-BBC1-B19559B90A79 (resized).png9F80731B-D92E-460A-BBC1-B19559B90A79 (resized).pngC23381C5-ED7F-4553-BFEB-DE7FF3C3BFCC (resized).pngC23381C5-ED7F-4553-BFEB-DE7FF3C3BFCC (resized).png027B77FD-EAE5-4379-BA54-0B4E46B5E9B6 (resized).png027B77FD-EAE5-4379-BA54-0B4E46B5E9B6 (resized).pngE71A6DEF-4AC1-4E97-9D6F-F501F1994397 (resized).pngE71A6DEF-4AC1-4E97-9D6F-F501F1994397 (resized).pngBCC7C01C-5AB6-471F-BA2A-E32F160BC79B (resized).pngBCC7C01C-5AB6-471F-BA2A-E32F160BC79B (resized).png
#600 3 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Hi all !! Wanted to share a few pics of my Pro after adding a Swinging Bell. Painted the Bell Metallic Bronze , pretty happy with it ,,, shout out to EightBitWhit for helping me out on this !!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.