(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg
There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Is that only extra song in the game?

I think there's a setting to change all the songs to live songs. But besides that, as far as I know, that's it.

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think there's a setting to change all the songs to live songs. But besides that, as far as I know, that's it.

I think you can only listen to the live songs. Never found a way to play to them.

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey guys, so I've been meaning to share my Pro code with you guys. Swapped out just a few songs and did a little editing so the high score song kicks in at the right spot. Feel free to give it a shot.
Let there be rock = Shoot to Thrill
Hell Ain't a Bad Place = Have a Drink
War Machine = Money Talks
lermods shared a jukebox template to replace the one inside the game in the back. But, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to take the old one out so if anyone knows, I'm all ears. And I have the template if you want it for my code.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UT_5ljlan-ST-NeNGT4uciTeacxKuBys/view?usp=sharing

Thanks for sharing. Love to see how you got Shoot to Thrill to work properly. I have been going crazy with gaps in the sound going from the starting request # to when game play starts. Can't seem to get rid of the 1 second gap. Have basically given up on Pinball Browser. Thanks.

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Thanks for sharing. Love to see how you got Shoot to Thrill to work properly. I have been going crazy with gaps in the sound going from the starting request # to when game play starts. Can't seem to get rid of the 1 second gap. Have basically given up on Pinball Browser. Thanks.

No sweat, you’re welcome!

Yea, it took me 7 tries of loading the code - nope that didn’t work - edit - load code - nope that didn’t work - edit - and so on And so on LOL.

But, I used Audacity to edit the sound waves. Finally, got a good sample I was happy with. Glad you like it.

3 weeks later
#505 3 years ago

Any suggestions on after market speakers for the Kiss Pro? Looking for something to upgrade the original Stern speakers but like to keep the budget around $50-$100 total. Thanks for the help!

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

Any suggestions on after market speakers for the Kiss Pro? Looking for something to upgrade the original Stern speakers but like to keep the budget around $50-$100 total. Thanks for the help!

I can't remember if those are 5 or 4 inch and are they 4 ohm but I use these in pins and they sound great.
If you looking to spend more money probably not for you but they sound better than the price tag.
You can find them in other colors, if you don't want blue, I just have the blue because I have them in a BSD.

https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PL-BL-Enceintes-5-25-Inch/dp/B00022OBO2/
https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PL42BL-4-Inch-Two-Way-Speakers/dp/B000230LBI/
https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-PLBW104-10-Inch-1000W-Subwoofer/dp/B000CQGMHM

1 month later
#507 3 years ago

What’s Lyman up to these days? How about a nice code update while we’re stuck at home! Little mini mode at 6 songs, and some Oi mania!

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from ezatnova:

What’s Lyman up to these days? How about a nice code update while we’re stuck at home! Little mini mode at 6 songs, and some Oi mania!

Yes, a new code update is needed.

4 weeks later
#509 3 years ago

What exactly are the differences between the LED Pro and Vault Pro?

I know the playfield artwork was updated.

Is the bell mechanism identical?

Are the LEDs on PCBs? Maybe the earlier one had socketed LED bulbs?

Anything else?

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

What exactly are the differences between the LED Pro and Vault Pro?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-vs-led-vs-vault

For me, the important one was the art. I hated "the face" but I liked the game. I jumped as soon as I saw the Vault playfield.

#511 3 years ago

Thanks, I did read that thread, but it doesn't answer my specific questions. I also came across the below references, which makes them sound identical other than the art.

I thought maybe the bell was changed and there was a switch from socketted bulbs to PCBs, but I'm guessing the bell is the same and they're both LEDs on PCBs.

https://sternpinball.com/2014/08/05/improved-ac-dc-pro-with-leds-and-swinging-bell/

https://cointaker.com/products/ac-dc-pro-vault-stern-pinball

That one mysteriously mentions "latest swinging bell assembly" as though something was changed.

#512 3 years ago

Well let's figure it out together

This is a Pro Vault Edition.

The Bell...
ACDCVE_Bell (resized).JPGACDCVE_Bell (resized).JPG

Under the playfield showing all the sockets (I hate that Stern still uses IDC)...
ACDCVE_BottomOfPlayfield (resized).JPGACDCVE_BottomOfPlayfield (resized).JPG

I'm sure someone else could post the LED version to compare them. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. But the lights are IDC sockets in the plastic clips that Stern has had on quite a few games.

#513 3 years ago

The LED has that same bell

#514 3 years ago

Thanks for the pics and verification, guys. Thought that was probably the case, good to know.

Surprising that the vault still uses those socketed-bulbs. Nice for customizing though, I guess.

I'm doing some work on a premium for someone and forgot how fun this game is in home environment, but I don't care for the lower playfield, so started getting curious about pros just in case one comes up sometime.

I also wanted to get the lightning bolt flashers mod for him, but couldn't find it. Did demand for that just dry up and no one made more? Or is there demand for that still? I came up with my own approximation to try and get the same effect, and it worked out pretty well.

#515 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Thanks for the pics and verification, guys. Thought that was probably the case, good to know.
Surprising that the vault still uses those socketed-bulbs. Nice for customizing though, I guess.
I'm doing some work on a premium for someone and forgot how fun this game is in home environment, but I don't care for the lower playfield, so started getting curious about pros just in case one comes up sometime.
I also wanted to get the lightning bolt flashers mod for him, but couldn't find it. Did demand for that just dry up and no one made more? Or is there demand for that still? I came up with my own approximation to try and get the same effect, and it worked out pretty well.

These games are entirely different. Both are good, but I like the Pro better because it's much faster and almost zero stop and go. The Vault Pro is the ticket as the Angus face (for me) was just too huge and ugly. Most Pro owners I know, myself included, agree that if the Pro had that traverse from the train to the cannon and the TNT drop targets, it would be top 5 all time Pin. Not a fan of the bagatelle under the play field on the Premium and LE - plus the window gets a bit foggy.

#516 3 years ago

It seems like whenever I get a chance to play one of these, it's a premium. So the pro has stand-ups for TNT. And then when you complete the stand-ups? Just hit the center one again or something? I agree, the drops with stand-up behind is cool. Pro still has the side drops though, doesn't it?

I know I wouldn't miss the lower mini-playfield, and I'm not sure I'd even miss the cross-over.

I do like the premium bell though. That long pendulum and guide on the pro are not that aesthetically pleasing, ha...

They could have done just a promium vault: no lower playfield, premium bell and surroundings, and drops. I can take or leave the cross-over: let's leave it out and put the savings toward the better bell and associated.

#517 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

It seems like whenever I get a chance to play one of these, it's a premium. So the pro has stand-ups for TNT. And then when you complete the stand-ups? Just hit the center one again or something? I agree, the drops with stand-up behind is cool. Pro still has the side drops though, doesn't it?
I know I wouldn't miss the lower mini-playfield, and I'm not sure I'd even miss the cross-over.
I do like the premium bell though. That long pendulum and guide on the pro are not that aesthetically pleasing, ha...
They could have done just a promium vault: no lower playfield, premium bell and surroundings, and drops. I can take or leave the cross-over: let's leave it out and put the savings toward the better bell and associated.

So I owned a premium for about 2 years. After I sold it, I regretted it. Then, I played it on location, at friends houses, shows, etc... and I really couldn’t get back into it. Didn’t like it so much, and made feel better that I had sold mine. Then, one day, I played a pro on location and absolutely loved the gameplay over the premiums. I wanted one! Unfortunately, I really wasn’t digging the art (face), and the stationary bell. A friend convinced me not to buy it...fastforward about a year later from that and stern releases the vault pro’s with better artwork, swinging bell, protectors, speaker box art, and more. I bought a pro fairly quickly and have had it nearly 2 years now I believe. Love it! The gameplay is just so much more rapid, fun, and rewarding.

That said, to answer some of your questions...

The Bell: Bell doesn’t swing nearly as high or with as much momentum as the premium as the protector is there to keep from ball traps. But, it still swings and is still a real feel good shot.

Drops vs Standups: The pro is ALL standups, no drops. TNT is hit the 3 targets then to lock it in, it’s any of the 3 targets. The TNT targets are awesome the way the ball just bounces rapidly back at you. The drops take the momentum away and really make that bottom third of the playfield a bit floaty (is that appropriate to say about acdc?). Anyway, the way the ball reacts to the targets really bring out the fun on this table. That said, the drops on the premium are more fun when shooting with the cannon.

Takeaways and other stuff: The other difference is the color inserts. At first, it seems weird not having colored inserts light up for the song, but you get used to it fairly quickly and I don’t miss it. Even to this day...well, since before COVID - I still don’t enjoy playing premium on location. The pro is just a blast with speed and chaos.

#518 3 years ago

So it looks like on the vault, the flashers behind the lightning bolts have been updated too. I just noticed that on the pic in the ad below. LED flashers, and maybe not metal-backed anymore which blocked most of the flash effect before?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ac-dc-pro-vault-edition-absolute-beauty-

lightning (resized).jpeglightning (resized).jpeg

#519 3 years ago

Eskaybee - Pro Vault owner - can I install your code without any other mods - overwrite the 1.70 with yours, and go back if I want? Any chance of getting a custom update including some songs that I think are missing - Dirty Deeds, Rock, n Roll Aint Noise Pollution, Who Made Who, Have A Drink On Me, Ride On, High Voltage, It's A Long Way to The Top...........? Or maybe some info on how you're editing the code? Pinball Browser? If I decide to edit/swap songs, I'm thinking that the loaded song clip will probably have to be the exact same length as previous/original - am I correct? Oh, and do I need to rename your code file for the system to recognize? Thanks! I appreciate the update and any info you can throw my way!

#520 3 years ago
Quoted from JimKaz:

eskaybee - Pro Vault owner - can I install your code without any other mods - overwrite the 1.70 with yours, and go back if I want? Any chance of getting a custom update including some songs that I think are missing - Dirty Deeds, Rock, n Roll Aint Noise Pollution, Who Made Who, Have A Drink On Me, Ride On, High Voltage, It's A Long Way to The Top...........? Or maybe some info on how you're editing the code? Pinball Browser? If I decide to edit/swap songs, I'm thinking that the loaded song clip will probably have to be the exact same length as previous/original - am I correct? Oh, and do I need to rename your code file for the system to recognize? Thanks! I appreciate the update and any info you can throw my way!

I think this link is still good for my code (let me know if it’s not):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UT_5ljlan-ST-NeNGT4uciTeacxKuBys/view?usp=sharing

No need to rename it, upload it into the game just like any other update.

As for mixing in your own flavor of songs. I use Pinball Browser for import/export of music and Audacity to edit the songs. Check out oga83 first post in the pinball browser thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012 - and then read up on instructions for using audacity in the same thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/18#post-1202250

To answer your question about replacing songs with the same exact song length...no, not exactly. That’s where Audacity comes into play; use pinball browser to find out the song length you are replacing, then edit the new song to your liking to fit that time. That’s why it takes some time and patience to import your own music - edit, import, download into machine only to find that a few spots of the songs don’t work right....edit again, import, download into machine...rinse and repeat until you get a solid. It took me approx 8 tries to get the 3 songs I have in my code to sound how I like it, getting shoot to thrill at the right spot for both gameplay and high score initials took about 4 tries in itself. And to be honest I could probably do one more edit for Money Talks.

#521 3 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

So it looks like on the vault, the flashers behind the lightning bolts have been updated too. I just noticed that on the pic in the ad below. LED flashers, and maybe not metal-backed anymore which blocked most of the flash effect before?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-ac-dc-pro-vault-edition-absolute-beauty-
[quoted image]

That is not stock for the VE. My VE came with the metal backing, and LED flashers behind (that popped out like crazy before the tape mod).

And an interesting color choice for the arrows. I was planning on changing a bunch of insert LEDs on mine this week. The white lights just are not cutting it anymore.

#522 3 years ago

Seller didn't list it along with the other mods, so thought it might be stock. I guess it's a cheaper variation of the full PinBits flashers. Anyone know who made that mod and if it's still available?

#523 3 years ago
Quoted from JimKaz:

eskaybee - Pro Vault owner - can I install your code without any other mods - overwrite the 1.70 with yours, and go back if I want? Any chance of getting a custom update including some songs that I think are missing - Dirty Deeds, Rock, n Roll Aint Noise Pollution, Who Made Who, Have A Drink On Me, Ride On, High Voltage, It's A Long Way to The Top...........? Or maybe some info on how you're editing the code? Pinball Browser? If I decide to edit/swap songs, I'm thinking that the loaded song clip will probably have to be the exact same length as previous/original - am I correct? Oh, and do I need to rename your code file for the system to recognize? Thanks! I appreciate the update and any info you can throw my way!

I spent a lot of time trying to add Shoot to Thrill to replace War Machine using Pinball Browser. It is not easy and it still doesn't sound right. The problem is when you first start a new ball, Request #214 will play on a 7.500 second loop. Then when the ball is launched, Request #215 starts to play. So for the track before the ball is shot, you need to get it on a loop which sounds correct and flows properly (let's say the person doesn't shoot the ball for a while). Then when you shoot the ball, the two tracks have to transition perfectly. I still have a very small gap between the tracks so basically the sounds goes off for less than a second when the tracks transition. I can upload a video if that is helpful.

Let's just say it is very difficult to get the tracks to work perfectly during game play.

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballjah:

I spent a lot of time trying to add Shoot to Thrill to replace War Machine using Pinball Browser. It is not easy and it still doesn't sound right. The problem is when you first start a new ball, a certain track number will play on a loop (Request #214 to replace War Machine). Then when the ball is launched, a new track starts to play (Request #215). So for the track before the ball is shot, you need to get it on a loop which sounds correct and flows properly (let's say the person doesn't shoot the ball for a while). Then when you shoot the ball, the two tracks have to transition perfectly. I still have a very small gap between the tracks so basically the sounds goes off for less than a second when the tracks transition. I can upload a video if that is helpful.

Let's just say it is very difficult to get the tracks to work perfectly during game play.

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think this link is still good for my code (let me know if it’s not):
No need to rename it, upload it into the game just like any other update.
As for mixing in your own flavor of songs. I use Pinball Browser for import/export of music and Audacity to edit the songs. Check out oga83 first post in the pinball browser thread - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images#post-872012 - and then read up on instructions for using audacity in the same thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/18#post-1202250
To answer your question about replacing songs with the same exact song length...no, not exactly. That’s where Audacity comes into play; use pinball browser to find out the song length you are replacing, then edit the new song to your liking to fit that time. That’s why it takes some time and patience to import your own music - edit, import, download into machine only to find that a few spots of the songs don’t work right....edit again, import, download into machine...rinse and repeat until you get a solid. It took me approx 8 tries to get the 3 songs I have in my code to sound how I like it, getting shoot to thrill at the right spot for both gameplay and high score initials took about 4 tries in itself. And to be honest I could probably do one more edit for Money Talks.

Will this just add these new songs to my pro? I don't want to lose the songs I already have.

#526 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Will this just add these new songs to my pro? I don't want to lose the songs I already have.

It doesn’t add any new songs. It replaces 3 songs with 3 new songs.
Out = LTBR, HABPTB, War Machine
In = Shoot to thrill, have a drink, money talks

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It doesn’t add any new songs. It replaces 3 songs with 3 new songs.
Out = LTBR, HABPTB, War Machine
In = Shoot to thrill, have a drink, money talks

So if you want the original songs back at a later time you just download the current stern code?

#528 3 years ago

What is the song quality like?

#529 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

So if you want the original songs back at a later time you just download the current stern code?

Yes. Remember, anytime you download it wipes out high scores and settings so keep that in mind.

Quoted from newpinbin:

What is the song quality like?

Sounds great to me - only speaker upgrade I have on mine is external sub and headphone jack. I adjusted the levels, tested, adjusted, tested, edited, tested, and so on and so on

1 week later
#530 3 years ago

Picked up a Luci a few weeks ago, plays great. The a few night ago I noticed I got a second ball kicked out after I fired the 1st one. No big deal reset it and and did not see it again for 20 plays or so. Then I saw it again a few more times. Last night my while my third ball was in play all the playfield lights kicked off, match popped up.

I think the sensor that tells when a ball drains is some how getting triggered. Any help on where to start would be much appreciated.

Thanks

#531 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

Picked up a Luci a few weeks ago, plays great. The a few night ago I noticed I got a second ball kicked out after I fired the 1st one. No big deal reset it and and did not see it again for 20 plays or so. Then I saw it again a few more times. Last night my while my third ball was in play all the playfield lights kicked off, match popped up.
I think the sensor that tells when a ball drains is some how getting triggered. Any help on where to start would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Yes. Fairly common problems with the SAM era of sterns. There’s two connectors on the opto board in the trough right where the balls eject. Reseat those firmly yet carefully, and you should be good to go.

EDIT: they are a 2-pin connector that goes into the opto board. Easy to find and do, just don’t forget about the one on the backside/blindside of the opto board.

#532 3 years ago

Thanks, loose by a quarter of an inch on back side. Reseeded. Have not had the same problem in 10 or 15 games. Thanks

1 month later
#533 3 years ago

Pinball never ceases to amaze me. I've owned this game for years, and for the last month I'm acting like it is the greatest game ever built. I have been playing it just working on Song Jackpots. Bigger, BIGGER, DOUBLE IT, Ugh... sigh.

The one feature I really wish Lyman would add is a message at the end of ball telling me how big the song jackpot was when I blew a tire. Maybe even have Steve laugh at me when it is huge because I was greedy.

#534 3 years ago

I knew you'd be back!

#535 3 years ago

In the club with a nice AC/DC Vault. Just traded my Iron Man Vault to freshen the line up. Excited to start jamming on this thing.

B0FBCC99-15E9-4639-965A-98E171ED4835 (resized).jpegB0FBCC99-15E9-4639-965A-98E171ED4835 (resized).jpegD1F3EA73-0E70-4405-9D8D-394F09FBA5F6 (resized).jpegD1F3EA73-0E70-4405-9D8D-394F09FBA5F6 (resized).jpeg
#536 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey guys, so I've been meaning to share my Pro code with you guys. Swapped out just a few songs and did a little editing so the high score song kicks in at the right spot. Feel free to give it a shot.
lermods shared a jukebox template to replace the one inside the game in the back. But, I'm not smart enough to figure out how to take the old one out so if anyone knows, I'm all ears. And I have the template if you want it for my code.

Does this also update the text shown on the DMD? I’d like the song changes but want it to feel seamless with the game.

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Does this also update the text shown on the DMD? I’d like the song changes but want it to feel seamless with the game.

Can anyone who's tried this code advise?

#538 3 years ago

I assume he just updated the songs with Pinball Browser it allows you to update the songs on the DMD as well.

#539 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I assume he just updated the songs with Pinball Browser it allows you to update the songs on the DMD as well.

Appreciate the response.

Side question, is this the actual AC/DC club topic, or is there another one people use? Seems kinda quiet in here.

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Appreciate the response.
Side question, is this the actual AC/DC club topic, or is there another one people use? Seems kinda quiet in here.

It is probably a quiet thread because the game has been out for years and almost everything has been said already. Another (last?) code update would reinvigorate the thread I think, however I have all but lost hope in that....oi! mania and a halfway wizard mode would round the game out nicely and finally make it seem “finished”.

I still enjoy playing my pro. I recently discovered the magical properties of super lube, and now my spinner is extra juicy. I’m playing War Machine more often and I love building up the song jp on WM, then switching to tnt before tour mb (and hopefully album mb too) in order to collect the song bonus.

Another thing I like doing is hitting the bell during mb when the cannon is loaded to double or triple the cannon shot....I get a very satisfied smile when that happens.

Anybody else have a favorite strategy or exploit?

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

It is probably a quiet thread because the game has been out for years and almost everything has been said already. Another (last?) code update would reinvigorate the thread I think, however I have all but lost hope in that....oi! mania and a halfway wizard mode would round the game out nicely and finally make it seem “finished”.
I still enjoy playing my pro. I recently discovered the magical properties of super lube, and now my spinner is extra juicy. I’m playing War Machine more often and I love building up the song jp on WM, then switching to tnt before tour mb (and hopefully album mb too) in order to collect the song bonus.
Another thing I like doing is hitting the bell during mb when the cannon is loaded to double or triple the cannon shot....I get a very satisfied smile when that happens.
Anybody else have a favorite strategy or exploit?

Thanks Eightball88. That’s a lot of ochos. I get it’s been out for a bit but there’s game clubs for machines that’ve been out since the early 90s and 3rd tier at best with more discussion. Just caught me off-guard for the AC/DC thread. I figured this one would be booming with all the differing strategies in gameplay. And with that segue, thanks for sharing your approach. What lube are you using (on your pinball machine)?

#542 3 years ago

This was recommended on other threads on pinside. I got it from Amazon.

I applied it very sparingly, using a toothpick, to all the metal on metal moving elements of the spinner (axles, the holes they spin inside, plus the switch leaf). I’d guess it almost doubled the spins! I’m curious to see how long before I need to reapply...

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#543 3 years ago

Still have my pro. Great game, never came close to the end.

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

I don’t have my pro anymore (queue the new update? LOL). But yes, it was done right so the DMD displays correctly for the song, high score tables, settings, etc... only place it’s not changed is the jukebox on the play field, and that’s a physical change so you’d have to do it on your own

#545 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don’t have my pro anymore (queue the new update? LOL). But yes, it was done right so the DMD displays correctly for the song, high score tables, settings, etc... only place it’s not changed is the jukebox on the play field, and that’s a physical change so you’d have to do it on your own

Excellent. Thanks Eskaybee! I’m updating the code now.

Also. Has anyone created an easy way to change the jukebox text? Along those same lines, has anyone tried to remove the small square of plywood in the back that holds the bulbs to light the jukebox? If that is easy to remove, I could likely create a solution that would allow you to print on paper and replace the jukebox list (if someone hasn’t already).

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Excellent. Thanks Eskaybee! I’m updating the code now.
Also. Has anyone created an easy way to change the jukebox text? Along those same lines, has anyone tried to remove the small square of plywood in the back that holds the bulbs to light the jukebox? If that is easy to remove, I could likely create a solution that would allow you to print on paper and replace the jukebox list (if someone hasn’t already).

It's just a plastic easily replaced, search around here someone sells them with the songs you want printed on it. You can probably find the art and print your own as well.

#547 3 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's just a plastic easily replaced, search around here someone sells them with the songs you want printed on it. You can probably find the art and print your own as well.

Appreciate it Darscot.

From my understanding, the holes for the lights behind are sized to match the words on the jukebox. I was thinking that I might be able to create a new piece that makes all the lighting correlate with the jukebox word window instead. That may end up being too much effort and it may be better to just do what you mentioned and live with the imperfect lighting.

#548 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Appreciate it Darscot.
From my understanding, the holes for the lights behind are sized to match the words on the jukebox. I was thinking that I might be able to create a new piece that makes all the lighting correlate with the jukebox word window instead. That may end up being too much effort and it may be better to just do what you mentioned and live with the imperfect lighting.

Yes The holes are different sizes I don’t remember if I had to cut mine or the person that I bought the mod from made it work out with font size. Dirty Deeds is a little small but I didn't even notice till you mentioned it.

EB7DC270-300B-46B7-8DB9-66DE8F76E5AE (resized).jpegEB7DC270-300B-46B7-8DB9-66DE8F76E5AE (resized).jpeg

#549 3 years ago

Curious how to solid light a song. I thought it was by completing 8 other song tasks and lighting the jukebox, but I feel like that’s not it. How do you get the song to solid light and what does it mean. The rules on this machine are complex.

1 week later
#550 3 years ago
Quoted from maffewl:

Curious how to solid light a song. I thought it was by completing 8 other song tasks and lighting the jukebox, but I feel like that’s not it. How do you get the song to solid light and what does it mean. The rules on this machine are complex.

You have to do specific things to light them.
A certain number of bumper hits will light you shook me all night long.
Light all 3 Axe rollovers will give you Rosie.
Light the 3 TNT targets for TNT.
Best advice is slide that glass off and just hit the targets and ramps ect. You'll soon see how it works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made/page/11?hl=metengo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.