(Topic ID: 80953)

AC/DC PRO Club- Stand up and be counted!

By shacklersrevenge

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 905 posts
  • 146 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by newpinbin
  • Topic is favorited by 42 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3087A4C7-FD1A-4403-8DCF-23DADA830643 (resized).jpeg
4E2CB019-1F48-403E-BAF5-116043F94FB4 (resized).jpeg
DA74F34C-6EA7-43BA-8A7D-B383165DDA00 (resized).jpeg
C3C13316-2006-4159-A3F5-7846D56C13EB (resized).jpeg
020F545B-8C7A-4FB7-8348-27950D2ADEC1 (resized).jpeg
ACE59081-C7DB-40CC-A1D6-5B2E37AE6A35 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240113_222057_Gallery (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240113_222403_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1742 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1743 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4504 (resized).jpeg
B340B20E-485A-4BCD-8DF4-9AD8A9E82024 (resized).jpg
3ACECC57-7AD9-4033-A58F-19205F008C85 (resized).png
20230314_141343 (resized).jpg
20230314_141120 (resized).jpg
20230317_120655 (resized).jpg
There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.
#1 10 years ago

Post your PRO pictures! Talk, mods and wants!

So I looked up this game on pinside and noticed it says 500 as production. Is this accurate?

I'm probably one of very few to have gone Premium to Pro. Not because i didn't think the premium was awesome, but because I was offered a Tron and cash. I knew AC/DC was a pin I wanted to get back, so I looked at the Pro over the premium price difference, because I felt like I had my ''fun'' with the premium. I haven't been disappointed. I'm not going to say that I don't miss the bell shot on the premium-it's best feature, but honestly I have so far enjoyed hitting the Pro bell just as much!
And for the record it is imho faster than the premium, just because of the way that standups react over drop targets.

Another thing I've noticed is the ramps. They appear thinner than premium. My right ramp got busted up good, and a pinsider is sending me a new one. I currently need a lightning bolt too :/

Man, I LOVE THIS PIN!!

#2 10 years ago

Count me in.

#3 10 years ago

I don't believe just 500 at all. 500 a year maybe?

#4 10 years ago

I hate the cab and the translite but this game is totaly awsome
My best game ever
And yes it's cheaper than the LE but the game play is much faster and I like it

#5 10 years ago

i'm definitely in.
with all the mods and new translite (helen) this game is just getting better.

#6 10 years ago

Just bought number 001 of the Pinball Refinery Hemi edition a couple weeks ago. My boys and I are playing the hell out of it (no pun intended). My favorite pin ever.

#7 10 years ago

Thank God! Proud, card carrying ACDC Pro club member here. I've got pretty much every mod:

FF speakers
LEDs everwhere
A few custom songs
Hooked lightning bolts
Ramp decal
Hemi bell
Laseriffic topper
Red apron
Other shit I'm forgetting

Aurich's decals and translite on order. Back Alley powdercoat is next. Love ACDC Pro!!!

#8 10 years ago

There's no way there are only 500 pros out there. I bet there are a couple thousand at least.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

So I looked up this game on pinside and noticed it says 500 as production. Is this accurate?
I'm probably one of very few to have gone Premium to Pro. Not because i didn't think the premium was awesome, but because I was offered a Tron and cash. I knew AC/DC was a pin I wanted to get back, so I looked at the Pro over the premium price difference, because I felt like I had my ''fun'' with the premium. I haven't been disappointed. I'm not going to say that I don't miss the bell shot on the premium-it's best feature, but honestly I have so far enjoyed hitting the Pro bell just as much!
And for the record it is imho faster than the premium, just because of the way that standups react over drop targets.
Another thing I've noticed is the ramps. They appear thinner than premium. My right ramp got busted up good, and a pinsider is sending me a new one. I currently need a lightning bolt too :/
Man, I LOVE THIS PIN!!

If you need a stock lightning bolt pm me I have the set that was removed when pimball refinery put the pinbits on mine

#10 10 years ago

Man, I LOVE THIS PIN!!

more like 5000

#11 10 years ago

Count me in image-491.jpgimage-491.jpgswinging bell mod train mod and a few color changing leds works for me

#12 10 years ago

I looked up the number of Pros vs Premiums the other day on Pinside, which only counts people who've entered their machines, so only means so much, but the difference was pretty striking. Like 5 times as many Premium/LEs as Pros.

I ordered a lot less Helen playfield decals for this first run after seeing those numbers.

#13 10 years ago

My right ramp is smashed good. There is duct tape to cover the side of it currently so I can still play, and luckily a pinsider came through with a brand new ramp for me. Should be here this week

I can tell by looking at the ramps that they're thinner than when I had my premium. If they're not, I'd eat my socks.

What are people doing to prevent them from getting cracked and smashed? Cliffy have anything?

#14 10 years ago

Yes Ciffys from day one on my Pinball Refinery modded pro

Bought NIB AC/DC Pro with these mods....
Premium Train, wired into the machine's GI lighting
Shoot to Thrill Cannon mod, with LEDs that are interactive into the machine
Hemi Bell Mod
Upgrade all of the machine's lights to LEDs
Speaker LEDs that are interactive into the machine
Bass Drum with interactive LEDs
Pinball Refinery "Hemi Edition" #002 AC/DC Pro plaque
Shooter lane protector on playfield
Red Translucent with LEDs that are interactive into the machine
Set of the black lollipop side rails
Pinbits LED Lightening Bolts
Shaker motor
Mirror Blades
Flames Speaker panel cover and flamed flipper tops - PinGraffix
Service Rails
Chrome shooter rod assembly and housing
Full set of Cliffy's including shooter lane and protector
TNT Dynmite mod
Ramp stickers - train track and dynomite
External train track on train ramp
Chrome flipper buttons
Hell's bell top wood mod
Pinball Refinery Interactive Backbox and undercab lighting kit
Mezelmod Amp
Laseriffic guitar

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-882.jpgimage-882.jpg

#15 10 years ago

The pro is definitely the way to go.

#16 10 years ago

As many here know, Acdc Pro is KING in my collection. Fastest Stern ever! Pin ever? It has kicked almost everything out the door. Tron BSD, JM, Lotr.... Hahhahaha. Even the 2 Acdc Premiums I HAD. Great Steve Ritchie flow. Way Better then Avengers and Xmen.

Flipper fid system is essential. Shaker is great. HEMI bell mod awesome.

I never new the number of Pros was less.

Best bang for the buck of newer stern.

1fc6f49806c3f4a6b0643bb81f18c9f3.jpg1fc6f49806c3f4a6b0643bb81f18c9f3.jpg
#17 10 years ago

Here's the Pro my tester for my translite and decals has (so not my machine):

helen-playfield.jpghelen-playfield.jpg

#19 10 years ago

I have never even seen one in person, but it have seen a dozen or so premiums. I look to own a pro someday.

#20 10 years ago

I can tell by looking at the ramps that they're thinner than when I had my premium. If they're not, I'd eat my socks.

All the premiums and LE's got ramp protectors. The early pros didn't. That's the difference.

What are people doing to prevent them from getting cracked and smashed?

Get the Stern ramp protectors. Part numbers are in the premium manual. No major suppliers carry them, so you need to contact your distributor.

#21 10 years ago

All those that have it look at your production number.
Raise the playfield and look to the left of your left flipper ...and there it is.
All of my Sterns have the production number there....from RCT to STLE.
My Avengers pro is in the 380's my tron was in the 700's.

#22 10 years ago

Yep, one of the greatest and fastest pins out there. For those of us that can't afford nib premium or LE machines, this pro is about the next best thing you can get.

#23 10 years ago

http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/b/505558968

Lyman playing ACDC Pro in Fairfax Pinball Expo. Jump to 30 Minutes. He rocks 130 Mill plus with interesting song picks and Masterful skill.

#24 10 years ago

I bought my game 48 hours after automated services got there first game my number is 464 Stern shipped 500 games day one. my sticker says #464 of 500

#25 10 years ago

Thinking about joining this fine club--what should I expect to pay for a decent pro?

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I looked up the number of Pros vs Premiums the other day on Pinside, which only counts people who've entered their machines, so only means so much, but the difference was pretty striking. Like 5 times as many Premium/LEs as Pros.
I ordered a lot less Helen playfield decals for this first run after seeing those numbers.

Theyre still making Pros, theyre just not as popular cause of that ugly mug on the playfield

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

Theyre still making Pros, theyre just not as popular cause of that ugly mug on the playfield

Well it may not be for everyone, but at least I'm providing an option to cover it now!

#28 10 years ago

Not sure why Rarehero came in here and gave a couple thumbs down bombs lol,
He's usually on the level, at least with me

#29 10 years ago

He doesn't agree that the Pro is better than the Premium, guess he felt like expressing it.

Edit: I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE GREG.

#30 10 years ago

haha, well. I wouldn't say it is better if price is no factor. If you're looking to save a couple grand, then the Pro wins obviously.
I will admit, that I really thought of passing on a pro several times, because I felt like it was too stripped or just not a lot going on, feeling like it was limited in features. However, I believe it all comes down to the code/rules and the Pro really delivers in that aspect as much as the premium. When you're playing in a groove and it's all coming together, I never once think ''gee, i just made that ramp, spinner or huge jackpot, but i wish it was the premium I did it on..''

The rule set is what is important, and you can rock AC/DC pro just like you can the premium. Extra toys is not what makes great pinball, imo.

#31 10 years ago

Some people think the thumbs down button is for posts which are offensive or trolling or contain misleading information. Some people think its for expressing simple disagreements of opinion. Not sure a consensus was ever reached.

#32 10 years ago

haha, well. I wouldn't say it is better if price is no factor. If you're looking to save a couple grand, then the Pro wins obviously.
I will admit, that I really thought of passing on a pro several times, because I felt like it was too stripped or just not a lot going on, feeling like it was limited in features. However, I believe it all comes down to the code/rules and the Pro really delivers in that aspect as much as the premium. When you're playing in a groove and it's all coming together, I never once think ''gee, i just made that ramp, spinner or huge jackpot, but i wish it was the premium I did it on..''
The rule set is what is important, and you can rock AC/DC pro just like you can the premium. Extra toys is not what makes great pinball, imo.

Tell that to JJP

3 weeks later
#33 10 years ago

Whole lotta Hellen!

IM000931.JPGIM000931.JPGhelen top.jpghelen top.jpg

#34 10 years ago

I don't get it, Angus' mug is way better than that Helen cover up, no offense, but Angus is ACDC.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I don't get it, Angus' mug is way better than that Helen cover up, no offense, but Angus is ACDC.

I couldn't agree more. The Angus face is the main reason I want the pro.

#36 10 years ago

I like the Angus face... I really do. But Helen is a neat change of pace (I ordered the translite, decal, and topper). It's essentially a re-theme/re-imagining to a great game, and it's reversible (like my raincoat).

#37 10 years ago

I'm not in the slightest offended if someone prefers the Angus face, but the truth is it gets a ton of hate, which is why I made the decal. If it makes people happier with their machine then I'm happy. I don't own AC/DC in any flavor, I'm an interloper in this thread!

1 week later
#38 10 years ago
Quoted from KYpinhead:

I couldn't agree more. The Angus face is the main reason I want the pro.

His face is the reason I bought a ST Pro instead of an AC/DC Pro.

#40 10 years ago

His face doesn't bother me a bit. it reminds me of Highway to Hell every time I look at it. Which is by far my favorite AC/DC album.

I was super close to buying an AC/DC a few weeks ago, but the new Met code pushed me over the edge towards Met. Regardless, if I am looking for an AC/DC it will be the pro. Popular decision or not! The pro rocks!

#41 10 years ago

Count me in!
Premium train
Premium take off legs, rails, hinges, and lock bar.
FF kit
Shaker
LEDs everywhere
Polk sub
Acrylic speaker grills and LEDs
Hemi bell mod

#42 10 years ago

AC/DC Pro is awesome!

4 weeks later
#43 9 years ago

I love my Pro!!

Where is everyone getting their powder coat paint jobs at? And do they do the lock down bar as is, or do you have to remove the riviots to have it done? If so how hard is it to remove and replace the riviots?

#44 9 years ago

I'm in the Premium club as of today, but I like you guys too! Get your bell mod here.

http://mezelmods.com/collections/acdc/products/acdcpro-bell

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Street:

I love my Pro!!
Where is everyone getting their powder coat paint jobs at? And do they do the lock down bar as is, or do you have to remove the riviots to have it done? If so how hard is it to remove and replace the riviots?

I asked Back Alley Matt about this. He says he should be able to to it, but I'd confirm with him.

#46 9 years ago

I need a tester to do this on the Pro, I did it on my Premium. PM me. It takes some patience, but it looks real cool.

#47 9 years ago

I'm in the club. Love my AC/DC Pro

#48 9 years ago

So, for those who have played pro and premium what difference does not having the ramp diverter? Read a few reviews that suggest pro better because it doesn't have diverter.

And I don't get the swinging bell mod as whilst it looks great it slows the gameplay down as ball comes back like a rocket off the stand up target?

#49 9 years ago

you wont miss the diverting ramp- at all. Not needed imho.
bell mod is great. More forgiving to hit than the stand up target, and it feels like it belongs. lt is also way more fun to hit than the standup target.

2 months later
#50 9 years ago

Made a trade and joined the club on Saturday, loving the game so far! Anybody know of a decent ruleset for the Pro? I found a good one for the Premium/LE but with the lack of color changing LEDs some of it doesn't quite make sense for the Pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Roseville, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 905 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 19.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-club-stand-up-and-be-counted-only-500-made/ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.