(Topic ID: 63525)

AC/DC Pro Auto launch -- is it always a random strength?

By bub2010

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by bub2010
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCN0618.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider racerrik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

The problem is the plastic bushings on the auto-plunger are sloppy. I had the exact same problem on my game and fixed it by making new brass bushings. It is working fantastic now!

See this thread for specs on the bushings I made:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-auto-plunger-is-starting-to-get-weak

#5 10 years ago

I have played a couple hundred games since I put the brass bushing in there and it is still working fantastically. It still misses the juke box once in a great while, but it is rare. Probably well over 99% of the time it makes it perfectly.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from bub2010:

I actually don't want it full strength all the time, but don't want it dribbling barely off the end of the shooter lane. Actually if I could have a medium power launch all the time it would be perfect...that way I have a chance to get the jet bumper lights lit. Too strong and too weak messes that up.

Not sure what you mean? The auto-plunger should launch the ball straight into the juke box hole everytime. If you want to shoot it softer than that, that is what the manual plunger is for.

#11 10 years ago

My point is that you can always use the manual plunger if you want to shoot the ball with less power (such as keeping it short of the lanes to roll down the right side loop lane and collect a lit free ball for instance). When you normally want to start a ball, you want to (and the auto-plunger should) always make it into the juke box saucer. That gives you a shot at the VIP pass, or as I prefer, the Super VIP pass. When the auto-plunger misses the juke box, it causes a mad scramble to light the correct lane and collect the VIP pass and totally eliminates your chance for a Super VIP pass.

As treborlicec pointed out - you do know the lanes change with flipper buttons right. You can light all three lanes even if the ball never goes down any lane but the E lane.

#13 10 years ago

Did you check to see how much slop was in the auto-plunger fork? Mine had a good 1/8" of play side to side measured at the area next to the manual plunger. With the brass bushing is has about 1/32" or less. Also, if you place a ball resting against the fork, does it match up to both fork tips evenly? Mine did not until I put in the bushing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
5,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider racerrik.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-auto-launch-is-it-always-a-random-strength?tu=racerrik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.