(Topic ID: 32732)

AC/DC Pro at $4150 shipped or Tron at $4800 shipped? Both NIB- Thanks.

By flipperfingers

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by DGrabber
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1899.JPG
IMG_1903.JPG
IMG_4308.JPG
Another_view_from_road.JPG
Pins_with_power_on.JPG
Jersey_Jack_and_other_neon_in_window.JPG
100_4362.JPG
100_4343.JPG
#1 11 years ago

I'm seriously considering my first NIB purchase as the used market seems to be as dry as a dog bone right now. These seem to be my best options.

For a while, there was a crowd on here who proclaimed that AC/DC Pro was the best bang for your buck ($2000 less and all you're losing is bling). That argument seems to have died down as it's all about the Premium, baby. A Premium is remotely possible, but it's also in a price class all by itself compared to the other two machines in question.

But anyway, these are the best quotes I've gotten. I have played both on a limited basis. Tron, of course, has become a top machine by which other machines are judged. But AC/DC is AC/DC and $650 less. I would really appreciate the input as I sincerely respect the opinions and judgments of the vast majority of posters around here.

(As a side note, I posted last night about a White Water at a local dealer. I'm growing a little weary of that after talking to the owner.) Also, I don't want to get side tracked this time as I really have it in my mind that I want a late model Stern.

#2 11 years ago

ACDC and add hemi's bell mod. Incredible game!

#5 11 years ago

Tron costs more than 4800. Add in the arcade mod 225 and the upcoming lighted ramps 450ish and you might just want to head towards acdc premium.

I bought both.

#6 11 years ago
Quoted from TZBen:

Tron costs more than 4800. Add in the arcade mod 225 and the upcoming lighted ramps 450ish and you might just want to head towards acdc premium.
I bought both.

Are you saying that I won't be able to resist modding it? C'mon. I've got self-control.

#7 11 years ago

I have Tron love it, I would assume you would want to mod it somewhat with arcade and ramp lights factor another $700 for those and you would be closer to the AcDc premium.

I have not played AcDc but just speaking for myself and from Tron that decision I don't regret one bit. I mean I am very happy with it and think it's a steal at $4600 probably Tron will have better resale ability than AcDc pro since many will be looking for premium.

And I love the 2D back glass on Tron

#8 11 years ago

ACDC for $4150 shipped?????? Wow that is an amazing price! I just bought a pro and although I love it, I am kinda wishing I just got a premium. The premium is an "A" game, easily top 10, the pro is a great "B" game, easily top 20.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

ACDC for $4150 shipped?????? Wow that is an amazing price! I just bought a pro and although I love it, I am kinda wishing I just got a premium. The premium is an "A" game, easily top 10, the pro is a great "B" game, easily top 20.

Well, $4150 shipped really means that the seller will be driving it to my house from Ohio on his way to the Shark Club in Howell, Mi. So, it's really it's $4100 + $50 delivery.

#10 11 years ago

Im not far from Ann Arbor PM if you want to play some TRON
First NIB pin for me and Im not regretting it one bit
I havent played an ACDC yet to compare...

#11 11 years ago

Great deal. You did well.

#12 11 years ago

It is a tough call.... Tron is a great machine, good ball roll and flow, but it begs to be moded out to make it look complete, and you have personally have seen my AC/DC Pro in action that I just sold.... Personally, I am leaning towards AC/DC.... This machine ROCKS, it is in your face fast game play and it gets the heart racing everytime you play it, and even if you just add a $60 powered sub on the machine makes it sound like a rock concert.... AC/DC gets my vote.

#13 11 years ago

ACDC all the way any verison is still ACDC best pin in years. Looking forward to my unique Pro version soon.

#14 11 years ago

I don't have an ACDC personally but I played the Pro and walked away from it. It just felt lame and cheap to me. It really gave me reservations about the game in any form. Well after I played a Premium I had the complete opposite impression. Great game. If you go ACDC definitely go with a premium otherwise I would go with Tron which is great no matter what version you get.

#15 11 years ago

AC/DC
add shaker and sub
Hemis' mods are fantastic!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

I don't have an ACDC personally but I played the Pro and walked away from it. It just felt lame and cheap to me. It really gave me reservations about the game in any form. Well after I played a Premium I had the complete opposite impression. Great game. If you go ACDC definitely go with a premium otherwise I would go with Tron which is great no matter what version you get.

I couldn't agree more with this.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from doughslingers:

ACDC all the way any verison is still ACDC best pin in years. Looking forward to my unique Pro version soon.

I look forward to our meeting and completing the deal.... see you in a few weeks.

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from grh450:

AC/DC
add shaker and sub
Hemis' Bell mod

This is good advice. I have a AC/DC pro and it is great bang for the buck.
I played the prem. About 20 games over the weekend and I had fun. I am still good with my pro.
The bell is the biggest thing I wish they would have put on the pro.
Tron is a different story you can mod it to 98% LE and it is a great game. I do think it will hold its value a little better.

#20 11 years ago

I just think having Hemi mods in the Pro at 4k is a much better deal/value than a 9k BIBLE each version has advantages however.
I already sort of regret selling Tron LE as the shaker is different, ramp lights, drop targets, moving recognizer with sync lighting but again 2500 more is such a premium, funny thats the name of the ACDC version Stern is selling, would like to know the selling ratio of Pro's vs Premiums.

100_4343.JPG100_4343.JPG 100_4362.JPG100_4362.JPG

#21 11 years ago

Hey Dough, I see you have a GNR as well and to me it's much more fun. What are your thoughts between these two or will I be Shot Down in Flames!

#22 11 years ago

I like GnR it did well on route out earned pins beside it like Roadshow and Judge Dredd. I had wanted one back for a long time found a great one from another Pinsider here in Northern Va. Could not be more pleased! Traded ACDC Pro to get topper and sold that GnR last weekend. Toppers seem to always go for over 500 and last one on Ebay was over a 1000 dollars.

#24 11 years ago

Personally I don't get the love for AC/DC. It's an alright game, but just doesn't do it for me. I would go for the Tron. That said, I prefer Xmen Pro or LE to both of them.

Cheers,
Duane

#25 11 years ago

Tron $4800 mods + 1000 =5800
ACDC Prem shipped $6200

I'd choose ACDC prem

#26 11 years ago

Tron $4800 mods + 1000 =5800
ACDC Prem shipped $6200
I'd choose ACDC prem

I wish I could find an ACDC Premium for 6200 anybody got one for sale new in box or even HUO I am a ready buyer. Sold another dont have anymore to display at either showroom. PM me or call 276-883-2073 I hate to not have one for the Holiday season.

Jersey_Jack_and_other_neon_in_window.JPGJersey_Jack_and_other_neon_in_window.JPG Pins_with_power_on.JPGPins_with_power_on.JPG Another_view_from_road.JPGAnother_view_from_road.JPG

#27 11 years ago

The other side of the Norton showroom, could not get the entire building in the other pics as its long but narrow sort of like an older mall arcade as it goes down where the fence used to be to keep light out of the drive in. Had to get a pic of my boys in the photo. The other pics are in Bristol where the next WOZ will be on display. Anybody needing to sell there ACDC Premium for a newer Stern like Avengers LE please message I will give a fair deal if we can do the deal before Sunday and I can buy outright with cash I be going to Jersey Jack Open House and can pick up anywhere along the way I-81 is long interstate, any other pin sellers please message I have a few thousand left to spend to finish the year for business reinvestment tax credits. Thanks for reading!

IMG_4308.JPGIMG_4308.JPG IMG_1903.JPGIMG_1903.JPG IMG_1899.JPGIMG_1899.JPG

#28 11 years ago

It might be a good idea to start your own thread

#29 11 years ago

Cool. Drive-in movie.

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from flipperfingers:

I'm seriously considering my first NIB purchase as the used market seems to be as dry as a dog bone right now. These seem to be my best options.
For a while, there was a crowd on here who proclaimed that AC/DC Pro was the best bang for your buck ($2000 less and all you're losing is bling). That argument seems to have died down as it's all about the Premium, baby. A Premium is remotely possible, but it's also in a price class all by itself compared to the other two machines in question.
But anyway, these are the best quotes I've gotten. I have played both on a limited basis. Tron, of course, has become a top machine by which other machines are judged. But AC/DC is AC/DC and $650 less. I would really appreciate the input as I sincerely respect the opinions and judgments of the vast majority of posters around here.
(As a side note, I posted last night about a White Water at a local dealer. I'm growing a little weary of that after talking to the owner.) Also, I don't want to get side tracked this time as I really have it in my mind that I want a late model Stern.

Tron. I don't think AC/DC Pro is very fun compared to the Premium. I wouldn't pay $4,800 for one though.

#31 11 years ago

acdc premium for sure worth the extra dollars or buy both Trons a great game to.

#32 11 years ago

I don't agree with the 'Tron MUST be modded' school. I think it looks and plays great right out of the box.

As far as AC/DC, great game but I can't stand that dude's face in the playfield on the pro model.

#33 11 years ago

That face kills the pro for me too.

#34 11 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

As far as AC/DC, great game but I can't stand that dude's face in the playfield on the pro model.

We hated the big face also but after buying the Pro it is a nonissue.
It does not bug me at all now and I know down the road I won’t have a scratched up huge insert that is lowering.

#35 11 years ago

Not making the window to the lower playfield removable is probably one of the dumbest ideas Stern has ever had. It really should have been like the CFTBL / Congo window.

That being said, I would go with Tron over ACDC, but both are great games.

#36 11 years ago

I hate to bring up a side topic but what is the difference between the AC/DC pro and the Premium. I just played an AC/DC for the first time last night and I didn't realize there's a difference.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-pro-at-4150-shipped-or-tron-at-4800-shipped-both-nib-thanks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.