Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ssbodyman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tilt_accountability.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 11 years ago

This thread is funny. All the games, even MM, has stupid low ratings by people trying to lower it.. but it still stays on top because of the # of reviewers. You can go into any pin rating and see extremes, high and low.

AC/DC should be in the top 10? Really? AC/DC owners need to get a grip. Its a good pin, but let's not be extreme. If it stands the test of time, then I'll go with the "should be in the top ten" rating. But I think Tron and IM have been around longer and provide a better player experience and rules and over time have proven to be fun. The rules for AC/DC aren't even finished. Give it some time, fellas.

#60 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Cobray said:AC/DC should be in the top 10? Really? AC/DC owners need to get a grip. Its a good pin, but let's not be extreme. If it stands the test of time, then I'll go with the "should be in the top ten" rating. But I think Tron and IM have been around longer and provide a better player experience and rules and over time have proven to be fun. The rules for AC/DC aren't even finished. Give it some time, fellas.
    Here is the example exactly, someone telling everyone to give it time and it isn't finished, BUT YET, has it rated at a 5.4 already, Transformers at a 3.2. But yet, Tron a perfect 10 and MM a 10 too, AMAZING! I am sure you have played a TON of games on AC/DC that you have it figured out already.
    You are the exact person I was referring to earlier, just a hater who wants to drag certain games down for whatever your reason is. Sorry dude if you think Tron is a 10, then even if you weren't fond of AC/DC or it wasn't for you, it hardly wouldn't deserve a rating in the 5s. Bunch of nonsense.

THat's exactly how I feel about those games. What's your point? I don't own an MM either, so I'm not just trying to pump any of those up (unlike you and AC/DC).

If I find a game that I like better than MM or Tron, I'll rate them a 10 and modify how I feel about the other titles. But to me, the games I think are 10's will be rated 10's.

AC/DC with it's unfinished code, repetitive songs (I can't stand AC/DC, so how am I supposed to like the pin?) and just doesn't appeal to me and many others. The title is very narrow IMO. I consider AC/DC to be more like Elvis or GNR, love the band, own the machine, and pump it up. But don't care about the music or band? Zero appeal and the music just stands out- in a bad way.

#77 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Cobray said:AC/DC with it's unfinished code, repetitive songs (I can't stand AC/DC, so how am I supposed to like the pin?) and just doesn't appeal to me and many others. The title is very narrow IMO. I consider AC/DC to be more like Elvis or GNR, love the band, own the machine, and pump it up. But don't care about the music or band? Zero appeal and the music just stands out- in a bad way.
    You're the example as I said before, the EXACT person that has rated all of about 10 games and just so happens to rate AC/DC that low. So you have played 13 games in your life correct or I assume you would have rated more with your vast knowledge?! Go elsewhere in my opinion you aren't needed.
    I am not pumping up anything, I played well over 100 games on AC/DC before I decided to purchase it, something I am sure you can't claim even remotely, sure you have 1-3 games on it, if that. Such a knowledgeable wealth of opinions on the game using the "code" as your reasoning and "repetitive songs", tell me a pin with loads of fresh music every time you play it? Every pinball is repetitive with music to a fault basically with most games, AC/DC has more variety than most any pinball out there ultimately.
    Sick of arguing it, haters will be haters, just quit bringing the overall community down with your BS reasoning. If you don't like the band that is one thing, don't bash a pinball you don't know near enough about cause of it, you rated the pinball to drag it out of the rankings like many others, bottom line you aren't fooling anyone.

You certainly are getting your panties in a wad over ratings. It's just that... ratings. Who cares what anyone else thinks? "go somewhere else"? LOL. Ok. But only if you throw away your AC/DC underoos and grow up a little.

#87 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

VegasAlleycat said:I'm not saying that everyone must agree with the proud new AC/DC owners (disclaimer: I am soon to be one of them!), but rating AC/DC (or any pin) in the 3-6 range would seem to indicate an epic failure of a pin. Is AC/DC really that bad? I'll go ahead and brace myself now for all the "yes" answers to that question!
    Exactly and proves why people like Cobray are full of it and come up with lame excuses why they would rank it so low. Doing nothing but pulling a rating down to "cheat" the ranking system. No pin really deserves below a 5 especially not a newer one that has obviously generated a ton of buzz and excitement in the community, if you aren't a fan of AC/DC that's fine don't bash the pinball cause of it, it's childish.

Here’s your ratings.. note the “I own this one” in your rating also. Give me a break dude. Pot calling the kettle...

AC/DC - 9.96? Really? WIth unfinished code? You own it.
    Road Show- 9.44. Wow. good game but come on. Oh wait, you own it.
    Johnny mnemonic- 8.588. Kinda high for a “b” title. Oh wait, you own it.
    CV- 9.96. Wait for it. You own it.
    White Water- 9.8! WOW! great pin, but 9.8? You own it.
    TZ- 9.6. Of course you own this one too.
    Congo- Own it. By owning it, you must rank it a 9.6 or higher. LOL.
    Dr. Who- 9.5. pretty high for that one. You own it, of course.
    No good Gofers. 9.5 own it. Not a 9.5 machine.
    POTC- 8.5. Lowest ranking for a game you own. But much better than Tron and STTNG since you don’t own them.

Now for your ratings on the pins you don’t own-

Tron - 7.1. Huh?
    STTNG- One of the greatest widebodies made. 7.7 for you.
    IM- 7.4? Wow, you are just padding the numbers low!! Dr. Who and Taxi is WAY BETTER in your rankings!!

Just trying to make a point.. everyone ranks differently. And there is no doubt, you are padding the #"s on the machines you own. I don't own a MM (can't afford it) so saying I am padding that because I own it is not true.

Every potential turd you own is ranked 9 or higher.

#132 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

don't you have cats or dolls to go play with

Yeah, the dog pictured in your avatar was over at my house last night!

Grow up.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cobray.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premiumle-rating?tu=Cobray and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.