Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 133 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by ssbodyman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tilt_accountability.jpg
    There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

What a joke, 60+ ratings and 30 or so comments(showing how many cowards hide behind their rankings) takes it from #1 to #46 in a week. The usual losers with nothing better to do but slam and rate a pinball down they have probably played once or never, just to knock it down. Shows what a joke this rating system is and how pathetic people are to just rate a pin badly for no reason other than spite. It would take 20+ ratings of a 5 or less to do this which again shows no respect for the system.

I know it shouldn't be #1 but to lose 45 spots in one week, shows people just rate it down to keep their precious pinballs at the top. Get a clue or go elsewhere, it's pathetic

#2 11 years ago

I think all ratings should be shown comments or not,The rating system is not broke,just that every rater should be honest and not try to manipulate the system!!
    Robin should check into doing this,it should be easy,but I could be wrong(it would be the second time) LOL

#3 11 years ago

Its sad. Look at some of the low ratings some people rated the PRO a 6-7 and the LE a 4 just to get it out of the Top 10.

Tron LE is now in a good spot though AC/DC and Transformers LE are both way below what they should be. Yes people tanked them.

We could find 10 people to rate MM a 1-2 and tank that game. There needs to be some sort of system where people should have to be on pinside and actively rating games for a month or more before their ratings count.

#4 11 years ago

Are you saying Earthshaker, T2, BK2K, WCS, EATPM Etc aren't better than an ACDC premium?

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from scooter:

I think all ratings should be shown comments or not,The rating system is not broke,just that every rater should be honest and not try to manipulate the system!!

I agree then less people would hide behind their ratings without comments. Less likely to do a vote just out of spite and to lower a game down. There is still plenty of jerks that will do it but less likely, no game deserves a 5 or less in my opinion and there has to be 20+ of them hiding to bring it down that much, it's a joke.

#6 11 years ago

Seems top 50 is pretty decent for an unfinished game. I dont see how a game with unfinished code is worthy of a 10 so certainly there is some skewing at the top also.

I don't rate games here. On a sliding scale I just don't think I have experienced enough pins to properly rate them and the pinside ratings seem to be taken very seriously by some people.

#7 11 years ago

AC/DC LE is a top 20 game if not top 10. Its a shame the ratings are what they are and a few A-holes tank a game they probably have not ever played.

I cannot wait for WOZ to get tanked when it breaks top 10.

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #9 11 years ago

The whole rating system is misleading anyway. I will buy and rate a game by how it plays. If you look at some of the ratings, there are some that dog every game made. AC/DC is still a new pin and there are still a lot of people that have not gotten to play one yet. Ratings will always be higher from people who OWN them, but I agree with some of the others on here. Finished or not, tis game rocks!

#10 11 years ago

Yep, here we go again. Just in lighting, sound, voice, and cabinet art, this game (AC/DC LE) should get a 7. I'll say it again, the ratings system is becoming an easily influenced joke. Tron LE and AC/DC LE are both top 10 games, but they will all be in private collections, and there are very few of them (400 Tron and 500 AC/DC LE's), so they won't get the "bounce back" effect that TAF, TZ, etc... all enjoy because there are thousands of those games. I feel bad for Robin and others who have put so much into this site because once the ratings become a joke here, the site will lose some credibility. New people will seek other avenues to discuss pins. Many people make their decisions by first impressions. I know I did. If I joined now, and looked at the ratings, I would leave and probably not come back.

With the improvements in sound, lighting, art, toys, and theme, there should not be a reason for these games to get a 3.8, 2.9, 5.4, or 4.6. Really? Thirty of you have had quality time on AC/DC and honestly rated it a 3 or 4? My 2 cents.

#11 11 years ago

Yeah the rankings are a joke. (sorry Robin) There are too many jealous cowards in this group for this to work properly.

The rankings need to be an ordered system where the machines rank against on another. It should not be setup how it is now. Each user should be allowed to rank a top 20-50 list on their profile with comments. That plenty of data to come up with a top 100. Otherwise this is going to keep happening.

--Scott

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

I cannot wait for WOZ to get tanked when it breaks top 10.

Quoted from hank527:

We could find 10 people to rate MM a 1-2 and tank that game.

This is why the ratings don't work. Everyone dumps on a game that either doesn't like the theme or the manufacturer.

Everyone has an opinion on what is #1. Just because MM is sitting on the #1 spot doesn't necessarily mean it is the best game out there.

#13 11 years ago

Who cares? why does this topic keep coming up?
    It's nearly impossible to get a "fair" rating, on any game. just get over it.

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from RawleyD:

Who cares? why does this topic keep coming up?
    It's nearly impossible to get a "fair" rating, on any game. just get over it.

Well obviously most everyone cares cause they are doing it and rating games. That's what we're here for is to have a community to fairly discuss and represent pinball and have a place to help showcase something we obviously all care about. So a comment to "get over it" is ignorant and useless, I am discussing it cause I don't want to get over it, I want to find a way to make it better.

#15 11 years ago

Have patience guys,it will work out eventually.

#16 11 years ago

ratings are nonsense. I can understand someone not liking the game. But could it truly be rated by some significantly under five, as far below normal, on a better than average effort by Stern. Ratings have lost credibility. Okay, if you don't like it, rate it as such, but some rate it below loser like BBH and others. Spite and backlash to those who love the game.

I love the pin. I know whenever I have a friend come play, whether they know the reputation of ACDC or not, despite having a healthy lineup of other top machines, acdc gets the majority of the play. Hell, recent buddy had no idea whether it was old or new, just that it was the most fun of any machine in the game room.

#17 11 years ago

This thread is funny. All the games, even MM, has stupid low ratings by people trying to lower it.. but it still stays on top because of the # of reviewers. You can go into any pin rating and see extremes, high and low.

AC/DC should be in the top 10? Really? AC/DC owners need to get a grip. Its a good pin, but let's not be extreme. If it stands the test of time, then I'll go with the "should be in the top ten" rating. But I think Tron and IM have been around longer and provide a better player experience and rules and over time have proven to be fun. The rules for AC/DC aren't even finished. Give it some time, fellas.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

AC/DC should be in the top 10? Really? AC/DC owners need to get a grip. Its a good pin, but let's not be extreme. If it stands the test of time, then I'll go with the "should be in the top ten" rating. But I think Tron and IM have been around longer and provide a better player experience and rules and over time have proven to be fun. The rules for AC/DC aren't even finished. Give it some time, fellas.

Here is the example exactly, someone telling everyone to give it time and it isn't finished, BUT YET, has it rated at a 5.4 already, Transformers at a 3.2. But yet, Tron a perfect 10 and MM a 10 too, AMAZING! I am sure you have played a TON of games on AC/DC that you have it figured out already.

You are the exact person I was referring to earlier, just a hater who wants to drag certain games down for whatever your reason is. Sorry dude if you think Tron is a 10, then even if you weren't fond of AC/DC or it wasn't for you, it hardly wouldn't deserve a rating in the 5s. Bunch of nonsense.

#19 11 years ago

This situation could easily be rectified by increasing the minimum number of ratings needed to chart or by introducing a period of time where new games are inelegible to chart. Apart from that I think everyone just needs to accept that in a system like this, there will be some tactical votes. It's good to know Robin is monitoring the voting though and will hopefully stop people continually abusing the system from voting again.

#20 11 years ago

Wow!

Ratings really get people heated up. Same on IPBD in that you get people giving 1's and 2's. No system is perfect and I think the best way to rate a game is to own it, play it, sell it and then see what you think of it. Obviously that is not realistic.

I do not think any game warrants a 10 as that is perfection and all games have flaws.

Equally not many games should score lower than 5 either.

Not rated AC/DC LE yet. Great game but no wizard modes yet so way too early to say it is top 10 of all time. It takes months, years for this to be established.

#21 11 years ago

It is indeed a pity people rate a game purely to drag it down or move it up. I really don't understand this behavior at all.
    You would think they produced the game, and want to defend their creation, or visa versa.
    It's a defect many people have in all different parts of society. Look at the Apple worshippers or haters. The xbox, Nintendo, Sony fractions. And you can go on forever. It really baffles me. That's the reason i chose my alias (goodgameslover) btw, i love a good game no matter who produces it.
    I love talking and discussing about it, but please people do it with an informed opinion. Not with just hatred or spite in mind, for whatever reasons they should be inside you. You really don't accomplish anything. But i realize this will fall in deafman ears eitherway.

#22 11 years ago

i have a question for ac/dc owners.is the code finished? i played ac/dc bible at pagg. i had a blast playing it. i did not play it enough to know if there are bugs in the programing. it seems that i hear the same song when any new stern game comes out. i understand that when you release a game there are bound to be glitches in a program that need to be fixed. but it seems to me that its a every new stern has unfinished code.again,lets hear from some ac/dc owners and get their thoughts on this.

#24 11 years ago

It's pretty simple, really. There are certain types of people who enjoy having power. Any little bit will do. If they can give a game a low score and have it slide 45 slots in the rankings, they will do it simply because they can. When people continuously start threads like this, all it does it put more power into the hands of these losers. It's kind of like responding to a troll. When you attack them back, they love it. Ignore them, and it takes away all their power.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

It's pretty simple, really. There are certain types of people who enjoy having power. Any little bit will do. If they can give a game a low score and have it slide 45 slots in the rankings, they will do it simply because they can. When people continuously start threads like this, all it does it put more power into the hands of these losers. It's kind of like responding to a troll. When you attack them back, they love it. Ignore them, and it takes away all their power.

very wise words.thanks.fwiw,i think the game is great.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

True words!

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

I have had almost 50 different titles in the last 6 years and multiples of many . I have never had a game in my house that is as cool as AC/DC! Even with early code it is bad ass.

I can find myself in your opinion, certainly in the cool department. But for me personally it's not there yet in the gaming department. But it's pretty close.
    Rock on!

#29 11 years ago

anyone who has tilt,the battle to save pinball,check out the extra features on disk 2. there is an audio only discussion with roger sharpe and some of the programing team.at one point the subject comes up about people trashing rfm before it even came out. roger sharpe points out that these people were helping to kill off the very thing they say they loved.pinball.
    its very informative and shows how bad and damaging the negative nellies of the interweb can be.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

After seeing what this pinball community is made of, I will no longer rate any pinball machine because at the end of the day I don't care what people think about my machine !

Their are some serious sorry ass people here , it makes me not want to be a part or share with the pinball community ! The few ruin it for pinball and you know who you are .

Jim

Come on Jim,Your opinion is valued here,most on pinside are very good people,there are some trolls and most get weeded out and the rankings come around after a little while,But you should still rate pins the way you feel they should be,everybody should and shame on the rating manipulators I really enjoy keeping up with the ratings and I want to see yours too and all honest pinball raters, Robin is watching out for the others.

#31 11 years ago

Ratings are bs. Best band, best movie, whatever it's all subjective.

People take it personal. In the pinball world low ratings mean = you own a shitty game and you're an idiot for buying it. Mine is better than yours. Turns out to be jealousy or competition.

I buy what I want, and what I like, and I don't care what other people think. I slam most of my games. There is no perfect game. For me, they are the best of the worst.

#32 11 years ago

The problem is, at the end of the day, low rated games can hurt resale value and that is a big deal to some people.

Quoted from Tommi_Gunn:

In the pinball world low ratings mean = you own a shitty game and you're an idiot for buying it.

#33 11 years ago

It is was it is.It will average out over time.I don't think its anything to get upset about.None of this is personal.
    With that said it's getting awfully RGPish when people start dumping on others for their opinions.Scott

#34 11 years ago

Why would anybody worry about ratings! If you like it, forget about it...its not worth it....

I don't get why people care so much about what other people think or how they rate a game, the same people will do the same thing to WOZ when it comes out, regardless of how it plays....

I'm pretty sure I'll love it and so will a lot of people, just like Tron Le and AC/DC etc.....the majority love those pins and minority don't, so what

#35 11 years ago

I got tilted for speaking my mind ? I will tell you what you can do to improve the Tilt system , put the person name next to the tilt so we can have some accountability !

Jim

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from McCune:

Before I bought AC/DC I never looked at the ratings . I bought one and rated it very high because that is the way I felt about the game and still do with over 650 games played on my BIB

You are one of the good guys Jim but your rating doesn't count for us cause you have to rate 10 games to make it.

Shame a handful of people have to ruin a good place and good time for all. In the end I know it doesn't really matter where a game is ranked and what it really means BUT the reason I even started this thread this morning is one of my good friends who I got into pinball about a year back just got on Pinside recently, he's been a very casual owner, never really on forums or anything. But he gets on this morning and is browsing the rankings and calls me to ask why AC/DC sucks so bad and isn't ranked well and why I even bought it. They matter cause it will kill new sales of games for the more casual users and hurts pinball in general cause it does matter for those people that need the feedback on new games and old games for that matter.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

They matter cause it will kill new sales of games for the more casual users ...

If someone is looking to drop $5-7K on a NIB game, I sure as hell hope they wouldn't be relying solely on the Pinside rankings to determine what their purchase is going to be.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

If someone is looking to drop $5-7K on a NIB game, I sure as hell hope they wouldn't be relying solely on the Pinside rankings to determine what their purchase is going to be.

No not solely but it is a nice tool to help in people's decision making. When I run across a game I have never seen or played I always look on here first to see how people feel about it in general and read comments on it. Even with that being said do you think MM would be a $10K+ game if it wasn't ranked #1 on many lists, I somehow doubt it. There rankings do matter to people in the end.

#39 11 years ago

Ratings here are just one way to help decide. I also read ratings on IPBD and another site. Also watch youtube videos and finally of course, play the game!

That said I bought BSD purely on consensus of ratings, without ever having played it, and youtube and have not been disappointed.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

In the end I know it doesn't really matter where a game is ranked and what it really means BUT the reason I even started this thread this morning is one of my good friends who I got into pinball about a year back just got on Pinside recently, he's been a very casual owner, never really on forums or anything. But he gets on this morning and is browsing the rankings and calls me to ask why AC/DC sucks so bad and isn't ranked well and why I even bought it. They matter cause it will kill new sales of games for the more casual users and hurts pinball in general cause it does matter for those people that need the feedback on new games and old games for that matter.

Too bad your buddy thinks that a machine ranked #46 "sucks". Being ranked that high out of all pinball machines ever made is nothing to sneeze at. If he only wants to play top 20 games, pinball is going to get boring for him fast.

#41 11 years ago

i went over to pinpedia to see how the games are rated. t2 is in the top 5 and lw3 is 15. i don't know how their rating system works and i really don't care. its all pinball and all good.theme means very little to me personally.if i play a game and i enjoy playing it that's enough for me.
    i do think there are people here who just cant stand the thought of their very expensive game not holding the top spot and will trash a new game to regain the #1 slot.really?can it get any more sad than that.

#42 11 years ago

I appreciate honest ratings. I for one have even went back in after the "Honey Moon" period of owning a game and re-rated. I am guilty of throwing out an awesome review to quickly at times. I have learned by reading and listening to many of you what to look for in a game. Now that I have been around for a bit and have had many games I really try to be as honest as possible. I believe their are many awesome games. I do see where when a new pin arrives until many, many pinheads rate it the initial debut ratings don't mean too much as far as the top 100 go. I do see that if most of the initial raters are giving the game much love like AC/DC then something is true there. I did not LOVE the AC/DC pro at Gameworks though I though it was as fun as many of the more recent Sterns. I had to go to GAP's place to play the LE and I made a deal for one a few days later. It should arrive later this week. I am not even an AC/DC fan but the pin is just awesome like Jim and many others have stated. It really is what pinball is all about.

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Too bad your buddy thinks that a machine ranked #46 "sucks".

Well he has heard me talking it up with how great I think it is and he knows what I spent on it new so those combined can form ones opinion. But yes this guy has 3 games - TZ, LOTR and SM so he is used to "higher rated" games.

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

jarjarisgod said:Too bad your buddy thinks that a machine ranked #46 "sucks".
    Well he has heard me talking it up with how great I think it is and he knows what I spent on it new so those combined can form ones opinion. But yes this guy has 3 games - TZ, LOTR and SM so he is used to "higher rated" games.

your "buddy" sounds like the new breed of collector that doesn't even give certain games a chance because they aren't rated high enough.
    How about he plays your ACDC LE and makes his own opinion on the gameplay?

#45 11 years ago

Does anyone truly believe any pinball machine is a perfect 10? That absolutely nothing could be improved upon so it warrants a 10?

To those that rated the AC/DC pin a perfect 10 ,how will your rating change when they release the final code? Can you rank a machine an 11 (cue Spinal Tap)?

Just glanced over the ratings with comments, I see 5 'perfect' 10's, and 0 'is not a pin' 1's.

So, an incomplete game (as stated by the makers of said pin) has been ranked perfect by 5 people (that can be seen, there may be more perfect 10's hidden).

I think there is bias at both ends personally.

#46 11 years ago
    Quoted from docscott:

ratings are nonsense. I can understand someone not liking the game. But could it truly be rated by some significantly under five, as far below normal, on a better than average effort by Stern. Ratings have lost credibility. Okay, if you don't like it, rate it as such, but some rate it below loser like BBH and others. Spite and backlash to those who love the game.
    I love the pin. I know whenever I have a friend come play, whether they know the reputation of ACDC or not, despite having a healthy lineup of other top machines, acdc gets the majority of the play. Hell, recent buddy had no idea whether it was old or new, just that it was the most fun of any machine in the game room.

Couldn't be more correct. 100% right on.

Ratings seems to be mostly politics, trying to influence game popularity and price imho.

#47 11 years ago

This is the same treatment Tron received and it will be the same treatment WOZ receices . . . not sure why people are surprised. People protect their 90's grails and will slam any newer machine, even if they have never played it.

#48 11 years ago

I've been saying it for years..... We need a playoff system.

#49 11 years ago

The ratings are not nearly as important as supply and demand. Supply and demand will set the appropriate value of the machine and you can pretty much get an idea if a game is good based on that.
    The ratings are just one tool of many that you can use to get an idea of how others view a particular game.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

The ratings are not nearly as important as supply and demand. Supply and demand will set the appropriate value of the machine and you can pretty much get an idea if a game is good based on that.
    The ratings are just one tool of many that you can use to get an idea of how others view a particular game.

Good point here. The only issue with using value as a rating measure is that supply and demand is in many cases manipulated by an artificially low production number; BBB for example.

There are 133 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premiumle-rating and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.