(Topic ID: 24564)

AC/DC Premium wiring problem check yours out.

By BowlingJim

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by jalpert
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Last night we were playing AC/DC and the AC/DC drop target lights weren't working correctly. I took off the glass and found that the metal bar that re-sets the targets had broke 3 wires off under the playfield.

It looked like when the game was built they forgot to tie these wires so they would be out of the way from the targets. I had some shrink tubing so I soldered the wires and put the tubing around the repair and zip tied them out of the way.

Just wanted to let the group know you might want to check under the hood of your game so you don't have this happen to you.

#2 11 years ago

I was going to take a look under the hood tonight anyway, so I will check this out on my machine. Thanks for the heads up!

#3 11 years ago

Thanks I'll check mine when I have a minute.

#4 11 years ago

Did you actually shrink the tubing around the wire? If so, do you use a hairdryer?

I'll be repairing a switch wire soon and the current broken wire has shrink tubing around it, from where it met the switch lug. I'm assuming that they applied the shrink tubing to that wire after soldering it to the switch...but I'm a noob so I really have no clue. Is that how they did it and should I be doing the same thing?

Thanks, Nelson

#5 11 years ago

I used a lighter I did not have a hairdryer. It seemed to work just don't heat it up too long.

#6 11 years ago

Does the red lights from the lower playfield bleed over and light up the
    AC/DC targets on yours also?

It seems to bleed over into the AC/D but not so much the last C

#7 11 years ago

yup

Quoted from NYG:

Does the red lights from the lower playfield bleed over and light up the
    AC/DC targets on yours also?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-premium-wiring-problem-check-yours-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.