New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 216378)

AC/DC Premium - What to look for?

By jacksparrow0112

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by u2sean
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jacksparrow0112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Greetings Pinball World -

I am brand new to the hobby and am looking for advice on purchasing my first pin. After spending time playing a wide variety of titles at a local pinball destination I have set my sights on AC/DC Premium. Before making this first investment I would like to know what to be looking for. I see the market section of Pinside has a few "New in box" and even some "Home use only" selections. I can afford to go either way, but am leaning towards these "HUO" options since some appear to be up to $1,000 cheaper. What should I be on the lookout for if I go down this path? Do the AC/DC pins have any nuances I should be on the lookout for? Just wondering what my in-home inspection checklist should include if I am planning to travel to see these games before making my decision. I am a 100% noob when it comes to this so any advice you can share is much appreciated. Hoping to purchase in the next 1-2 months and am very excited to introduce my 2 young boys to the hobby.

Thanks in advance

#5 2 years ago

Thanks everyone so far for the recommendations. It is great to know there is an entire community out there to offer support. I am also interested in learning more about adding on aftermarket mods to this game. How much can I expect to pay for color DMD and shaker? Also, are there relatively easy to install?

#10 2 years ago

I am blown away from the level of support I have received via forum posts and private messages. Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge with me. Really seems like pinsiders have each others back and I am excited to build up my own knowledge base so I can help the next guy out. It is really encouraging to see you guys helping out someone like me who is brand new to the hobby. This is how we will keep pinball around for generations to come. Cheers!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jacksparrow0112.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside